Ayelldee

Reactions to the new Expunge BSA

I don't think it's useless. People have been asking for a way to get rid of zombies for a long time, and now they can. That seems really useful to me.

I like the BSA. If I were to ever find a dragon dead on my scroll (due to spacing out on raising hatchlings or a vindictive action from my sibling), I'd hate to try reviving it and get a Zombie. I don't like them at all. ): If I somehow magically got one I'd use this BSA in a heartbeat to get rid of it.

I'm one of those 'weird' users who views their dragons as real pets. I just finally got around to finding freezing not cruel to the hatchlings. I could never have a neglected dragon or a zombie dragon on my scroll!

I don't have a Zombie (yet!) so maybe I shouldn't say anything... But I think it's a pretty nice BSA that goes with the dragon. Just from the name, I wouldn't expect any other type of BSA.

I was a little shocked that it was, but I'm actually willing to try it out if I get a Zombie.

Well, this might prove useful to me.

I always want the same numer of males and females of one breed. At the moment I have one female and three male Zombies, which means I need at least two more females and, since my goal usually is to have four CB pairs of each breed, I will try to get four males and four females.

It's quite possible that I'll unzombify those that are too much (eg if I end up with four males and five females)

I don't want to get rid of my zombie but the BSA very well matches the description of the breed, so I like it nevertheless. I would have been a little happier if it would revive the dragon instead of killing it, but I understand that's not an option here.

So yes, I like the BSA. Just like I like greens being able to earthquake although I would not use that, either. Or, I like the Summon BSA although I don't have a GoN from it.

Well. i think the crown of the most useless BSA has now passed on to this one.

Unless Zombification gets made a lot easier, or this results in some other badge or revival, then this BSA does not help anything. Especially since it takes up a kill slot as well...

So I just saw the new BSA and all I can say is WHO in their right mind would of created a zombie if they were not aiming to make one?

This has got to be the MOST useless BSA ever, I mean seriously :/

Edit: It is more useless than Earthquake at least some times Earthquake works.

Edited by Acridic

For me the new BSA was a little disappointing. I had imagined something wonderful like an incubate BSA for hatchlings or a BSA that could immediately cure sickness. Sadly it wasn't either of those. The new BSA is something that I will never use on my zombies though others may.

Options are great! The less things made permanent, the more things customizable, the better!

I won't use it, my 5 zombies are perfect, but I love the concept.

I don't feel stongly about the BSA, but it's very unlikely I will never use it.

I like the hybrid breeds however, ao I don't mind the dragons at all, and the BSA fits well with the dragon.

Edited by Singalana

I could see it being used to remove accodental zombies, or if someone made more than what there scroll goals called for.

There was a BSA thread that was asking for something like this before the soul peaces came out

What I *do* like about this BSA is that if we see a help question from a newbie saying "Why can't I kill my zombie," instead of saying "Sorry, there's no way to do that in this game," we can say "You can't kill a zombie dragon, so if you want to get rid of it you have to get a soulpeace dragon to exorcise it." That's a much better and more satisfying answer.

The downside is that I've never actually seen any newbie asking how to kill a zombie. I mean, they're almost impossible to make by accident, especially for a new player. But if one ever DOES, well we've got our answer ready now. :-D

What I *do* like about this BSA is that if we see a help question from a newbie saying "Why can't I kill my zombie," instead of saying "Sorry, there's no way to do that in this game," we can say "You can't kill a zombie dragon, so if you want to get rid of it you have to get a soulpeace dragon to exorcise it." That's a much better and more satisfying answer.

The downside is that I've never actually seen any newbie asking how to kill a zombie. I mean, they're almost impossible to make by accident, especially for a new player. But if one ever DOES, well we've got our answer ready now. :-D

I've seen people asking just this question as recently as a couple months ago.

I could see it being used to remove accodental zombies, or if someone made more than what there scroll goals called for.

There was a BSA thread that was asking for something like this before the soul peaces came out

again: zombies can ONLY be made on halloween. There is no zombie anywhere that can be pointed to (BESIDES TJ's - which we all know doesn't count - he has breedable only CBs) that was made on a date besides halloween. So unless youre trying to revive on halloween for funzies... zombies aren't accidents.

I like the BSA. If I were to ever find a dragon dead on my scroll (due to spacing out on raising hatchlings or a vindictive action from my sibling), I'd hate to try reviving it and get a Zombie. I don't like them at all. ): If I somehow magically got one I'd use this BSA in a heartbeat to get rid of it.

I'm one of those 'weird' users who views their dragons as real pets. I just finally got around to finding freezing not cruel to the hatchlings. I could never have a neglected dragon or a zombie dragon on my scroll!

A - again you can only get a zombie by rezzing your hatchling or dead dragon on halloween. You can't raise one in say, july.

B - Interesting idea about keeping them dead, as opposed to letting them live some sort of life. I mean, we have zombie movies like Shaun of the Dead which imply you can keep zombies as pets. Of course, you also have Pet Semetary which states Dead is Better.

Edited by girlgamerjen

again: zombies can ONLY be made on halloween. There is no zombie anywhere that can be pointed to (BESIDES TJ's - which we all know doesn't count - he has breedable only CBs) that was made on a date besides halloween. So unless youre trying to revive on halloween for funzies... zombies aren't accidents.

You've never accidentally bred/released a dragon? I have. I could see accidentally killing the wrong water-walker or whatever and then reviving it. As well, people may change their minds about their dragons, and decide that they don't want zombies anymore. Also, it is not true that zombies can only be made on Halloween, they can be made at other times of the year too. It's just very rare, something like 1/100 instead of 50/50 as it is on Halloween.

You've never accidentally bred/released a dragon? I have. I could see accidentally killing the wrong water-walker or whatever and then reviving it. As well, people may change their minds about their dragons, and decide that they don't want zombies anymore. Also, it is not true that zombies can only be made on Halloween, they can be made at other times of the year too. It's just very rare, something like 1/100 instead of 50/50 as it is on Halloween.

From the DragCave Wiki:

There were once rumours that it is possible to make an Undead during any time of the year, with a 1 in 100 chance of success. The only known Undead dragons not created on 31st October are owned by TJ09: Qemrao Thuwed and 0eidw Qemrao Thuwed. Since the admin can create any dragon he desires these are not considered proof. The rumour of undeads at other dates was proved false in the IRC on the 22nd of December, 2012.

My two cents on this BSA?

It's lame (to me).

I don't even have zombies, I could care less about being so sick of them that I want to"clean" them. I know this BSA was suggested somewhere so I am definitely not disssing it in general, some people will find it very useful so good for them.

But I was really surprised and rather disappointed that this BSA got released before all the high priority ones, or at least those that the members have been demanding a lot. I am really not all that excited about getting SPs anymore, even a heal BSA would have been cool.

That being said, it hasn't devalued the actual sprites for me. I will collect soulpeaces like I would have any other new/pretty dragons, just not with same urgency as I would have if bsa was of any use to me.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I have to say I like it.  biggrin.gif

I'll probably never ever ever ever use it because I want MORE Zombies, not get rid of the few I have, but it seems a very neat way to allow people to get rid of them if they really really want, without making it too easy by adding the option to release them.

I like the idea of giving non-essential functions to dragons as BSAs instead of just making it part of the normal scroll functions. You don't have to use it, but if you want it, get the dragon that can do the job (as long as it's reasonably easy to get them).

This. ^

I do not have any Zombies yet, but I like the idea of having a specific BSA to get rid of them, and the Soulpeace dragon seems like the perfect one!

And the Soulpeace dragon is so pretty, wub.gif so I will collect them regardless of their BSA, which I think is a kinda fun BSA and makes sense from a story point of view.

I'm apathetic. I really don't care about the BSA- I won't use it anytime soon, and I see that a lot of people won't either, but surely some people will. I'm glad that it will come in handy for them. smile.gif

I adore the sprites; I'll collect them regardless of BSA.

I wasn't expecting anything drastic or noteworthy for the BSA, so I guess I'm one of the few that were not disappointed. People also wanted a BSA or something to get rid of zombies. This was before they stopped taking up kill slots, but still, it's there if you need it.

I rather won't use it (as I said, all my Zombies are nice CBs), but I won't complain about its existence either...

...hey. There is one more purpose of this BSA: you can see how many Zombies you have, without checking the entire scroll and all that stuff. Ok I like it now.

I rather won't use it (as I said, all my Zombies are nice CBs), but I won't complain about its existence either...

...hey. There is one more purpose of this BSA: you can see how many Zombies you have, without checking the entire scroll and all that stuff. Ok I like it now.

That's a very good point smile.gif

I doubt I'll ever use the BSA to get rid of my Zombies but that's ok, it's not the only BSA that I don't use.

I do love the sprites though and plan on collecting my usual mini-army of them.

I feel that the BSA is pretty much useless to me, however I absolutely adore the dragons. Without the BSA, I bet everyone would be mooning over how PRETTY they are instead of complaining about how the BSA is 'useless'. I'm going to collect Soulpeaces just for their sprites because I love them biggrin.gif

I think that this BSA probably could be useful, because I know a lot of people who are like, "Oh, I've got a lot of zombies that I don't really want anymore. I wish I never made them." So I guess that this BSA could be useful to SOME people, if not the rest of us.

I don't have a need for this myself so its a useless thing to me. I've been waiting for many halloweens to get an adult zombie and I'm not about to go undoing it.

oh, there's a thread, LOL.

while I was disappointed to see the BSA, because I'm one of those people that doesn't like zombies anyway, I do LOVE the sprites, and plan to have lots of them eventually.

Very, very pretty, and beautifully created.