Ayelldee

Reactions to the new Expunge BSA

I have a question...are we limited to how many zombies we have?

I only have one adult and one hatchie

but if I had some messy blah ones and was at my max number

then I could see me using this BSA to kill them off to make new ones...

but never heard of a limit to zombies (like for valentines or Christmas limits)

Edit to concur...the sprites are simply awesome, I could care less the BSA wont be used by me...I hardly ever us fertility so that too is really not used by me and i never ever use earthquake xd.png )

There is no limit. There are people who trade for massive amounts of hatchies to fog-death just for more chances at rezzing them.

Slightly off-topic, but if I'm reading that right, then I suggest you not incubate your Tinsels. Same if you have a Shimmer egg, from what I've heard; they don't do well if you mess with the egg levels, for whatever reason. Without fail every time I incubate a Tinsel it gets sick almost immediately, but if I don't it hatches on time (more or less) without a hitch.

yeah, i didnt try to incubate the shimmer i have or anything, but I havnt done anything different in comparison to my tinsels before. they just seem a litttttttle bit pickier nowadays.

Edited by girlgamerjen

Well, I'm neutral about it.

I don't think I'll ever use this BSA xd.png but I know it'll be useful for many people happy.gif

I don't think the BSA is too bad. I'm not fond of zombies but I want to try making some this Halloween so if I don't like them, it's always nice to have the opportunity to clear the zombie.

Soulpeaces are pretty though.

- I wish it would bring back the original dragon instead of simply killing the Zombie,

But it cant work that way, really. You do not create a zombie by placing a curse on a live dragon. You kill it first (or let a hatchie die) and then use magic to revive it into a zombie. Removing the curse causes the zombie to revert to its previous, uncursed stage, ie: dead.

It would be interesting to know if the revive option is available on the uncursed dragon.

Edited by ainisarie

So, basically, I get to kill (and remove) something from my scroll that I liked enough in the first place to go to a lot of time and trouble to get *on* my scroll? Eh? blink.gif

So, basically, I get to kill (and remove) something from my scroll that I liked enough in the first place to go to a lot of time and trouble to get *on* my scroll? Eh? blink.gif

If you don't want to use it you don't have to xd.png

This'll likely be useful for people who originally made messy Zombies and now want only CB ones, and such. smile.gif

But it cant work that way, really. You do not create a zombie by placing a curse on a live dragon. You kill it first (or let a hatchie die) and then use magic to revive it into a zombie. Removing the curse causes the zombie to revert to its previous, uncursed stage, ie: dead.

It would be interesting to know if the revive option is available on the uncursed dragon.

Definitely interesting, but my guess is no -- you only get one chance to revive a dragon. If you succeed in reviving a dragon you killed, but then kill it again, it's just dead.

Well, what is someone has regrets of some sort? If you made a Valentine dragon a Zombie, you can only ever have one other Valentine of that breed on your scroll... This option lets users undo that.

If you don't want to use it you don't have to xd.png

This'll likely be useful for people who originally made messy Zombies and now want only CB ones, and such. smile.gif

Yeah, that's what I'll be using it for. Two of my three zombies are messy so if I successfully make some nice CBs this Halloween, I might remove the old ones with this BSA. But that being said, I definitely haven't been waiting around for something like this. tongue.gif

I think the reaction to it would have been a lot more favourable if there hadn't been all the hype in the lead up to it. If it had been a surprise at the end, it would have been a cool little extra, rather than a let down.

Definitely interesting, but my guess is no -- you only get one chance to revive a dragon. If you succeed in reviving a dragon you killed, but then kill it again, it's just dead.

This. I killed a dragon and tried to rez it as a zombie on halloween last year. It came straight back. Thinking "well, I have my kill slot back, try again" - I killed him. It worked... but I couldn't rez, as I already tried.

My reaction was pretty much the same.

Not that it won't have its uses, but I don't understand why it's a BSA. Why not just permit people to kill their zombie, if that's what they want to do? Make it an option in the game, and not a BSA. I like the idea of BSAs having more to do with the dragon breeds and their specific powers, and being useful for essentially every scroll, not a very very small minority.

This is pretty much my reaction.

Well, considering I don't even have a Zombie, it's pretty useless to me. :/ I guess it could be useful to others though.

I understand about people wanting heal and stuff but I am one of the camp that doesn't want heal. Mainly because you got the egg sick. (Unless it was view bombed which rarely happens) And we can already take care of the sickness problem by FOGGING

Oh, I disagree with this-- some sort of heal or egg protection would still be VERY useful, because every time anyone tries to post a low-gen shimmerscale or other desirable egg for trade, it gets sick from views and the person has to cancel the trade to fog it. This has a negative effect on the whole community, because it becomes a hassle for people with special eggs to open them up to trade, so they'll just swap with friends and other top players by PM instead. When it's much more fun if we can all trade with them. So, yes, I'd still love to see Heal.

From the descriptions, though, Heal would make no sense for soulpeaces. It should be the BSA of whites. :-)

Oh, I disagree with this-- some sort of heal or egg protection would still be VERY useful, because every time anyone tries to post a low-gen shimmerscale or other desirable egg for trade, it gets sick from views and the person has to cancel the trade to fog it. This has a negative effect on the whole community, because it becomes a hassle for people with special eggs to open them up to trade, so they'll just swap with friends and other top players by PM instead. When it's much more fun if we can all trade with them. So, yes, I'd still love to see Heal.

From the descriptions, though, Heal would make no sense for soulpeaces. It should be the BSA of whites. :-)

Oooooh there's an angle I hadn't thought of--and I should have! It's so nerve wracking when I'm trying to trade a rare dragon with someone, and they don't pick it up right away... I've spent at least one or two nights sleepless because I didn't want to stop the trade, fog the hatchie, or risk going to bed and getting it viewbombed.

I think the BSA is good for the dragon and adds flavor to the DragCave world.

I probably won't use it since I have only one Zombie.

I kinda wish it would also be a cure for Vampires. That would be pretty neat. Not very useful really, but fun.

Come Halloween I can see this being used, when more people try for Zombies, but it's not something I would use. I love all my Zombies. smile.gif

Edited by purpledragonclaw

I have a question...are we limited to how many zombies we have?

I only have one adult and one hatchie

but if I had some messy blah ones and was at my max number

then I could see me using this BSA to kill them off to make new ones...

but never heard of a limit to zombies (like for valentines or Christmas limits)

Edit to concur...the sprites are simply awesome, I could care less the BSA wont be used by me...I hardly ever us fertility so that too is really not used by me and i never ever use earthquake xd.png )

Zombies used to, erm, reserve? the kill slot that was used to make it. So if you made 5 zombies, you had no kill slots. They never came back open and you couldn't get rid of the zombie. There were actually a ton of requests for a bsa like this back when that was true, because people got 5 zombies then wanted a kill slot so they could try to make neglecteds. But they were stuck. But TJ changed it awhile back so that zombies didn't take up the kill slots anymore. Which also meant that people could make more than 5 zombies.

In a way, this is kinda of a legacy BSA. It's one that was highly desired by people that were stuck. But people don't get stuck anymore. It is kinda a neat piece of history though. I figure the code was probably done at the same time as the fix and it's being used simply because the dragon fit, and why not. But looking at how very old some of the dragons are that are being released, that makes a bit of sense. It's also why I'm very glad we're releasing more. Some of this legacy stuff needs to get out so we can get to modern stuffs.

Maybe... TJ is planning on unleashing the zombie apocalypse on our scrolls on Nov 1st.... and we will need these beauties in order to restore our scrolls to normalcy.

(let the paranoid conspiracies proceed...)

There was a lot of hype surrounding this. It's not highly useful anymore, but it is still useful. Like others said, it would probably have been better without forewarning, but I'm not really surprised at what the BSA turned out to be. I knew it. >:]

Whites would probably make a better heal BSA dragon.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Ehhhhh. Honestly I am disappointed, but maybe I am just acting spoiled. Some may enjoy this BSA though, like for instance I did want only a female S2, male S2, S1, and an adults, but I never plan on getting rid of the extras, they are my pride.

I can but reiterate what has already been said.

1. The sprites are gorgeous and totally hoard-worthy, despite this censorkip.gif BSA. <3 these gorgeous new dragons.

2. The Kill/Release feature should have been on the zombies to begin with and a new BSA should not have been wasted. The fact that it fits the dragon description is moot; the Whites could have done this, too, but it should have been there for zombies as it is for everything else. A new BSA was not needed for this.

3. Yes, this BSA is more useless than Splash and EQ, because it has the potential to do some damage. I really feel for people who have worked hard to collect and hoard lineage with zombies in them that may now end up with ruined lineages. When I first read about this BSA, this is what I thought, not "ooo it goes with the storyline!".

4. With how difficult it is to get zombies to begin with, and how one generally has to plan months in advance to even try for one, zombies are rares that take an extremely long time to get. This makes getting rid of them an extraordinarily low priority by any real standard, and other BSAs should have been considered first - especially seeing as it would have made just as much if not more sense to have had kill and release options for Zombies to begin with.

The hype. It killed. I wholeheartedly agree with what was stated here previously: If the BSA had not been announced, people probably would not be reacted as though they feel jilted. It would have been a surprise that the story-centered folk here would have squeeed over, and the rest of us would just been left with odd looks on our faces and scratching our heads. That being said, even if it hadn't been hyped, my opinion of the BSA would not change. I personally would still feel as though it is worse than a waste of a BSA and a potential lineage-ruiner, but I suppose this hermit should just go back to her cave and keep her grumpy musings to herself. Bottom line? BSA is horrible, but the dragons it has been shoved upon are no less stunning for it and are the beautiful saving grace of this entire fiasco.

Well, the disappointment comes when you expect a certain thing and you get something different and totally unexpected. tongue.gif Not because it's úseless'.

Yes. Exactly, It's the expectation angle that is most at issue here.

The fact is that most people actually love the sprite - I know I'll be hoarding them. And the BSA does fit their personality. It's a quirk that can give depth and flavor to the game.

None of that is an issue for most of the people.

This is, at it's heart, a marketing issue. There are a bunch of ideas that fall under the BSA umbrella that people are really excited about because they're dynamic and can change and shake up game-play. Given that excitement, that probably isn't an area where I'd choose to pump people up about something, when what I was planning to put out was going to be colorful, from an in-game perspective, but not be used by a vast majority of players.

The thing is, that this matter is super easily addresses by not creating this particular hype next time, and pushing another angle, instead...or hyping this one in a different way.

When you have a game like this, you want to attract players and you want to keep them. I think when there's player feedback of some pretty widespread disappointment, it's probably, in the end, more productive to adjust the marketing technique than for folks to insist that they shouldn't be disappointed.

Frankly, this wasn't a drama of any type; no one rage quit, there weren't barrages of hateful insults, no on filled their sigs with protest banners. People were just disappointed. And, IMO, that's actually some pretty valuable feedback. Because it means that a whole bunch of stuff went right and then sheds light on what could be tweaked a bit.

Hah, good for those old, long or messily lineaged zombies you either mistakenly zombified, or would rather replace with a cb zombie you managed to successfully turn.

Soulpeace dragons. The dragon that puts the OCD soul at peace. xd.png