Ayelldee

Reactions to the new Expunge BSA

For me this BSA is useless.

It is so hard to get Zombies, No matter how inbred they are I would never want to get rid of them.

I have destroyed lineages because I want to turn them into Zombie lineages. Ok, that was my own fault, but I would have loved some kind of repair-my-lineage-after-a-failed-Zombie-attempt-BSA more wink.gif .

Given that I only have one adult and one hatchling zombie... I can't see myself getting much use out of this one.

It's useful to a few. I don't use much BSA-wise apart from incubate and influence, so the lack of usefulness to me isn't much of a bother. I'm in the boat with the folks that feel let down because of the hype.

It is a beautiful sprite. I like them and will be breeding some more of them, but since the BSA isn't worth anything to me I can take my time in building up my little brood. Guess that makes it not all bad.

Again, I don't think it's the BSA itself - if we'd never expected anything, then this would still be useless for most of us, but seem like a cool little addon.  But the build up killed that aspect of it.  If something is designed to suit a small part of a given set of people, it's probably not best to hype the event with it, unless people know up front that it's not going to be one of the dozens of things that they're waiting for.

--

I also think that, had we not known about the BSA, then every time there was a new release, we'd speculate about the possibility.  And that speculation, without any promises that a BSA exists, would be good and drive people to the hunt.

^ This.

I don't know a single person around here that is even remotely excited about this BSA at all. I am in the same boat as the disappointed people as well. We were looking for something to, ya know, enhance or help us out here. And we got something that....seriously feels like a smack to the face. (As someone else said before; we expected chocolate and got veggies.)

Of all the amazing BSAs that have been suggested, we got this. Which, in my opinion, is censorkip.gif. And I wont be getting my hopes up in the future for seeing any other useful BSA if this is the first one we got in god knows how long. (And this one is the one we got after all this time? Yea, not promising.)

Even Splash is more useful than this, and that is saying something.

Maybe next we will get a BSA that...that.........honestly the other goofy BSAs I tossed around for the rest of this sentence sounded more interesting or fun or even useful than this.

I'm giving up on getting hyped on BSA releases until one somehow proves to me that we may be able to get something useful in the future. If a BSA that is useful to a dozen people is released, then there is no point getting us excited over it. At all.

Edited by Lyxii

It's basically as useful as Earthquake to me, never used it and will never use it in the future. But I remember a long time back, the first time when zombies can be systematically made during Halloween, the rage after people discovered that they cannot get rid of their zombies, I think this is a good BSA for them.

Like most people said, the sprites are beautiful, so who cares about what the BSA is! xd.png

I think for a large part of the players it will be fairly useless.

However, I don't think it had to kind of thud the way it did with so many folks.  I think that, if the BSA hadn't been mentioned, then when the dragons grew up and found out about it, it would have been a neat quirk of their personality.  But, instead, we had about a week to go over every BSA that would be really helpful in the game, and then we got one that doesn't do much, game-wise, and even though some people have mentioned it before, the numbers, especially compare to other suggestions, are kind of miniscule.

Again, I don't think it's the BSA itself - if we'd never expected anything, then this would still be useless for most of us, but seem like a cool little addon.  But the build up killed that aspect of it.  If something is designed to suit a small part of a given set of people, it's probably not best to hype the event with it, unless people know up front that it's not going to be one of the dozens of things that they're waiting for.

I also think that, had we not known about the BSA, then every time there was a new release, we'd speculate about the possibility.  And that speculation, without any promises that a BSA exists, would be good and drive people to the hunt.

But this was the first of the regular releases we're going to have, so I'm sure there's a learning curve.  At lease this came with an absolutely gorgeous dragon.  laugh.gif

But like I said in the other thread - It was kind of like Christmas morning and all we got were socks.  xd.png

This are my thoughts too, pretty much. wink.gif

Honestly... just so... anti-climatic.

Edited by FortyTwo

For 99.9% of the DragCave population, totally useless.

Anyone who turned a CB frill or old pink into a zombie back before they became unobtainable is probably squeeing their head off right now, though. :-D

So that's it, that's what we've all been sat on the edges of our seats for. I fully intend to add to my zombies each year so it's of no use to me.

I hope the ones who'll use it enjoy it. smile.gif

For 99.9% of the DragCave population, totally useless.

Anyone who turned a CB frill or old pink into a zombie back before they became unobtainable is probably squeeing their head off right now, though. :-D

No. This BSA does NOT revive your zombified egg. At least that is what I understand from this screenshot of my scroll:

user posted image

Edit: Permanently remove. Heck, I want my zombies to stay in my scroll, I killed for them.

I will not be using it. What a waste.

Edited by Naughtrish

No. This BSA does NOT revive your zombified egg. At least that is what I understand from this screenshot of my scroll:

user posted image

Oh. Well, never mind that idea then. I don't know who this would be useful for at that point. Maybe somebody whose OCD was really bothered by the "wandering tombstone" sort phenomenon. :-)

Eh. I only have one Zombie, and he was made that way very purposefully, so no I won't ever use this BSA. a little disappointing, but I suppose it would be good for someone who dislikes the dragons they chose to be zombies and wanteed to get rid of them.

Eh. I only have one Zombie, and he was made that way very purposefully, so no I won't ever use this BSA. a little disappointing, but I suppose it would be good for someone who dislikes the dragons they chose to be zombies and wanteed to get rid of them.

If they wanted to get rid of them, then the release or even kill BSA could have been implemented for the zombies.

it's one HELL of an anticlimax... a whole week just to get something which could've easily fit as an action... almost seems like a waste of a BSA.

I mean, I know someone'll use them, it's good to have the option, but a BSA just seems a little... pointless.

Edited by dracocharky

I just don't understand the need for a BSA to rid oneself of a no-longer-wanted zombie. Don't "kill" and "release" pretty much do the same thing?

Also, it would be nice if it extended to vampification, as well.

Edited by blackdragon71

As playstyles change over time there might come a time when I have a use for this. I have no use for Earthquake either (or for Splash after gaining the badge) and most of the times forget abut fertility. I only use bite to gift vampires, so when it comes to BSA' that I would use, this new one puts it to:

3 I love and use ALL the time

2 I use sometimes but could live without

3 I don't use ___________________________with my current playstyle

Oh and Summon - well it's a mostly frustrating BSA for most of us isn't it?

So honestly I don't understand the whole fuss - it's a BSA, not all BSA's are useful to all players; it gives us new possibilities we didn't have before, so you know what: Hooray biggrin.gif

Besides the dragons are PRETTY who cares about BSA's in that case anyway?

Well, the disappointment comes when you expect a certain thing and you get something different and totally unexpected. tongue.gif Not because it's úseless'.

As for the BSA; it isn't something I'd use myself since I only have 2 Zombies and I don't want to un-zombify them. But hey! I don't mind it, lol. I'm just not going to use it and keep collecting the sprites, like any other player.

If you don't need it, just don't use it.

I just don't understand the need for a BSA to rid oneself of a no-longer-wanted zombie. Don't "kill" and "release" pretty much do the same thing?

Also, it would be nice if it extended to vampification, as well.

Zombies can't be killed/released normally. You need to use the BSA.

Zombies can't be killed/released normally. You need to use the BSA.

That's sort of my point. Why waste a BSA for it, other than the story factor? Just make it to where they can be killed (with a BAZOOKA!!!) or released normally, and reverse the effects of something else or heal sickness, etc.

Well, it's definitely not something I was sitting here thinking "Wow, I wish I had that!" But now that I've got it, I'll probably get rid of my two messy zombies and try for some CB ones over Halloween instead.

I'm not overjoyed about it, since I was expecting something a little more useful, but at least this means people won't be hoarding the soulpeaces just for the BSA and they'll hopefully be easy to get. tongue.gif

I agree. I don't have zombies and currently don't intend to ever try for any, but I do want to eventually amass a huge number of white dragons so I'm mildly pleased that the BSA is something relatively bland that won't drive their rarity up too much. It was becoming really hard to get CB or even AP'd whites during the initial anticipation period and I was starting to worry that the scarcity might become permanent.

The fact that the soulpeaces are nearly as lovely-looking as their parents doesn't hurt, either.

Edited by Troubletail

Its existence certainly doesn't bother me. :-) I think the disappointment mostly stems from the fact that I was hoping it might be something that would shake up or spice up gameplay somehow. A BSA that introduced an evolution or a minigame or a new sprite or or or or...

If this BSA turned a zombie dragon sprite into an angel dragon sprite or lich dragon sprite or something, for example, that would have been cool. Or even if it recolored the zombie or changed the zombie's description to say that this was a peaceful, contented undead dragon instead of a mindless violent brain-eater, I could see how people then might want to choose whether to uncurse each zombie or not.

As it is, it feels more like a wasted opportunity than anything else.

Edited by tjekan

I have to say I like it. biggrin.gif

I'll probably never ever ever ever use it because I want MORE Zombies, not get rid of the few I have, but it seems a very neat way to allow people to get rid of them if they really really want, without making it too easy by adding the option to release them.

I like the idea of giving non-essential functions to dragons as BSAs instead of just making it part of the normal scroll functions. You don't have to use it, but if you want it, get the dragon that can do the job (as long as it's reasonably easy to get them).

This BSA isn't something I've ever missed, but now that it's here I'll likely use it. I can now get rid of my messy Zombies and make CB ones instead, to get my scroll goal smile.gif

Just make it to where they can be killed (with a BAZOOKA!!!) or released normally, and reverse the effects of something else or heal sickness, etc.

Oh YES!! Instead of "Kill" it could say "Double Tap" or "Aim for the Head!!!"

LOL Genius....