Ayelldee

Reactions to the new Expunge BSA

Well, this was a letdown for me. I was hoping we would get "Heal" to help us out. How does "letting a dragon return to the afterlife" help someone like me, who doesn't have a zombie?

At least with Splash! you got that cute carp badge.

Only if you did it though. I can't be bothered to splash X number of times to get nothing more than a badge.

I don't get what the fuss is all about.

I bet they would have been more desirable if they didn't have the BSA, than now that they actually have a BSA that you can simply ignore and not use. :/

If it exists, it just means that *some* wanted it and will use it, just for kicks.

I love the new BSA!

Now I'm able to use the revive spell, when a hatchling dies on my scroll, without having to worry about getting a Zombie on my scroll. Now I can undo the failed spell, when I have the bad luck of getting a Zoimbie!

Not that that happen often, but it is still possible  wink.gif

no one can actually point to a zombie that wasnt rezzed on halloween. except TJs and well.. that's TJ. He has caveborn breedable only dragons and whatnot. Rules dont apply there.

Really, I have a bad taste in my mouth recently about certain aspects of this game. I know that it's a free game and all, and I have no say in what happens, but some of what I really loved about the game is really limited.

I loved making zombie lineages. I have a breed thread about it - for my own lineages I am building with zombies in them, for others to contribute, and for people who just want offspring. Already when it comes to what just plain old dead dragons do (not showing up as (deceased) but instead keeping their name and all) it's impossible during the day time to tell if a tombstone is a zombie or just a dead dragon.

People slammed zombies and said how horrific they were, and while there was rules for BSAs saying they wouldn't morph zombies, or do things like unfreeze frozen dragons - they can now get rid of zombies.

Now, not only is the game itself condemning zombies, but I have to worry about the zombie lineages Ive collected only because there's zombies in them. What will happen to the even-generation (or even spiral!) lineages Ive worked hard to find and trade for if someone uses this BSA, even just to see what it does?

I will add that someone started a breeding thread for JUST making zombies out of soul peaces.... and that got a good long laugh out of me. haha. So I may be contributing to that.

Edited by girlgamerjen

I bet they would have been more desirable if they didn't have the BSA, than now that they actually have a BSA that you can simply ignore and not use. :/

Nah, their desirability will stay the same. People are just disappointed that the promised BSA doesn't actually do anything to make the game more interesting. It may be a useful tweak for some people, it may be useless to most, but it doesn't help any of the gameplay issues people have been pining about for a while now.

But no one will take it out on the dragons. They are purtyful. :-D

This. I've seen a few people who wished they hadn't zombied something that later turned out to be unobtainable.

I shan't do this with any of mine. But I DO want to know what happens to lineages with zombies in. Will they break ? I am worried about a few nice things I have with a zombie in the middle...

This is what I'm wondering. I don't have any lineages with zombies in them (I don't think) but what happens to those that do?

What happens to a lineage when a dragon is released in the normal manner? I haven't played long enough to know. I suspect the result will be the same for this BSA.

This is what I'm wondering. I don't have any lineages with zombies in them (I don't think) but what happens to those that do?

What happens to a lineage when a dragon is released in the normal manner? I haven't played long enough to know. I suspect the result will be the same for this BSA.

When you kill a dragon, it cuts the lineage off at it's place.

When you release, it just loses it's name.

However, the new BSA isn't releasing zombies, or "uncursing" them and turning them back into what they were before. It's killing them.

Edited by girlgamerjen

However, the new BSA isn't releasing zombies, or "uncursing" them and turning them back into what they were before. It's killing the

They technically are uncursed. They were dead before the curse hit them so when the curse is lifted they return to being dead.

Nah, their desirability will stay the same. People are just disappointed that the promised BSA doesn't actually do anything to make the game more interesting. It may be a useful tweak for some people, it may be useless to most, but it doesn't help any of the gameplay issues people have been pining about for a while now.

But no one will take it out on the dragons. They are purtyful. :-D

There were a few getting some.. colorful names. Haha. "All I got for Christmas was this bad BSA", "Pretty and Useless", things like that, according to the news thread.

When you kill a dragon, it cuts the lineage off at it's place.

When you release, it just loses it's name.

However, the new BSA isn't releasing zombies, or "uncursing" them and turning them back into what they were before. It's killing them.

Some of the posts here suggest otherwise, though.

I think that the new BSA is quite useless.

I don't have any zombies, but if I ever get one, I don't think I would want to get rid of it.

However, I'll build a zombie lineage from Soulpeaces, just for the irony and fun

Some of the posts here suggest otherwise, though.

suggests otherwise as in... doesnt kill them? I watched a few people do it last night in the news thread - it even took up their kill slots.

isnt uncursing them? I suppose that's semantics - but thats also saying theres something inherently wrong with zombies. Something that people plan out, and mustve read about to do (seeing as how there's multiple steps to do it - there are people who plan all year to try to get the best caveborns for the task, and to make sure theyre ready for halloween, ive met a few of them, and i was one of them, building my zombie lineages and gifting out some of their offspring before halloween comes!) and probably wouldve then known they couldn't just release them. Not to mention just the idea behind that - the RP. If you do think zombies are horrible, you did a pretty horrible thing - should you then just get away scott-free? that was the whole reason you couldn't punt zombies away - you had to "live with your mistake".

Doesn't make them lose their place in the lineage? Why wouldn't it. Its just a dead dragon now, like all other dead dragons, that make the lineage messed up and cut off where the dragon died.

Edited by girlgamerjen

It's a game. And it's a pretty spiffy game too. I don't understand the complaining. It's supposed to be for fun. Why so serious??

suggests otherwise as in... doesnt kill them? I watched a few people do it last night in the news thread - it even took up their kill slots.

isnt uncursing them? I suppose that's semantics - but thats also saying theres something inherently wrong with zombies. Something that people plan out, and mustve read about to do (seeing as how there's multiple steps to do it - there are people who plan all year to try to get the best caveborns for the task, and to make sure theyre ready for halloween, ive met a few of them, and i was one of them, building my zombie lineages and gifting out some of their offspring before halloween comes!) and probably wouldve then known they couldn't just release them. Not to mention just the idea behind that - the RP. If you do think zombies are horrible, you did a pretty horrible thing - should you then just get away scott-free? that was the whole reason you couldn't punt zombies away - you had to "live with your mistake".

Doesn't make them lose their place in the lineage? Why wouldn't it. Its just a dead dragon now, like all other dead dragons, that make the lineage messed up and cut off where the dragon died.

You know that that was the whole reasoning users came with why zombies took up a kill slot permanently. That didn't keep that mechanic from changing either. Meaning that maybe user speculation on why something is the way it was was wrong and just that, speculation.

Maybe it wasn't the reason you thought it was, maybe it was that the magic was too strong for you to dispell but now you have a dragon skilled at such things?

Edited by Nectaris

My reaction? "Oh, okay. Neato."

I don't get all the hubbub.

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

They are a gorgeous dragon. So what if their bsa will only be used by a few people few and far between? It gives them personality and besides that who actually uses earthquake all that often? Or even splash once they got the badge? I know I don't.

I understand about people wanting heal and stuff but I am one of the camp that doesn't want heal. Mainly because you got the egg sick. (Unless it was view bombed which rarely happens) And we can already take care of the sickness problem by FOGGING (Not freezing whoops I am a little tired still just woke up). As for the hatchling incubate....people already raise dragons ridic fast. Those people are able to catch awesome rares will now be able to catch twice as many giving us with slow connections and computers even less of a chance at anything remotely good.

The two above BSA are HUGE game tweakers. I would imagine that TJ is reluctant to release something like that too soon without thoroughly testing what impact it may have on the game as a whole.

So I say enjoy the soulpeace dragons. The BSA is NOT totally useless. Just totally useless to some not all maybe but it still has a use. I for one didn't get excited about the hype cause I rarely do. So I am sorry that some of you did get excited and were let down but hey it's a game? Walk away for a little bit and come back with a fresh perspective. There will be plenty of other chances for other BSA and things to be released.

Enjoy the dragons for what they ARE not what they can DO.

Edited by Reidragon

Not to mention just the idea behind that - the RP. If you do think zombies are horrible, you did a pretty horrible thing - should you then just get away scott-free? that was the whole reason you couldn't punt zombies away - you had to "live with your mistake".

But you can go around murdering sweet, innocent dragons like Whites, Mints, Waterhorses, etc and get away with it, so that argument doesn't really hold.

Plus, "RP sense" gameplay doesn't--indeed, usually doesn't--always go hand in hand with FUN gameplay. Imagine if in pokemon games, you could only ever own, say, ten pokemon at once, because your character would feel bad about sticking a ton of them away in storage for ages. That might be more "RP realistic," but it would make the game significantly less fun. Now, I'm not saying being able to kill Zombies makes DC any MORE fun, but I imagine it's a useful feature to someone and thus I'm glad we have it. smile.gif

That being said:

- I wish it would bring back the original dragon instead of simply killing the Zombie, and

- I wish it had been a more general-use BSA for the moment, like a "Sweet Dreams" action that'd safeguard your eggs from sickness for, say, 12 hours so you could have "sweet dreams" and not have to worry about them getting sick while you slept. It's been ages since we've had a new BSA, so I was really hoping for another main use one. I would've rather seen a Zombie removing/reviving BSA introduced alongside a whole slew of other BSAs, so that the rather limited use of it wasn't such a bummer.

But the real point of everything is that the sprites are cute, so there ya go. ^^

But you can go around murdering sweet, innocent dragons like Whites, Mints, Waterhorses, etc and get away with it, so that argument doesn't really hold.

Plus, "RP sense" gameplay doesn't--indeed, usually doesn't--always go hand in hand with FUN gameplay. Imagine if in pokemon games, you could only ever own, say, ten pokemon at once, because your character would feel bad about sticking a ton of them away in storage for ages. That might be more "RP realistic," but it would make the game significantly less fun. Now, I'm not saying being able to kill Zombies makes DC any MORE fun, but I imagine it's a useful feature to someone and thus I'm glad we have it. smile.gif

That being said:

- I wish it would bring back the original dragon instead of simply killing the Zombie, and

- I wish it had been a more general-use BSA for the moment, like a "Sweet Dreams" action that'd safeguard your eggs from sickness for, say, 12 hours so you could have "sweet dreams" and not have to worry about them getting sick while you slept. It's been ages since we've had a new BSA, so I was really hoping for another main use one. I would've rather seen a Zombie removing/reviving BSA introduced alongside a whole slew of other BSAs, so that the rather limited use of it wasn't such a bummer.

But the real point of everything is that the sprites are cute, so there ya go. ^^

you also have the kill function that tells you what a horrible person you are when you cause it... so you aren't really "getting away with it", you just weren't punished.

People are using the RP argument to say why this is a GREAT BSA. You couldve used the same logic to apply to say - clearing out just plain dead dragons - giving their departed souls rest and taking the tombstones and eggshells off your scroll. That would make more sense than having them cast something on your hatchling/egg to prevent sickness (as other people pointed out: kinda your fault when it happens! though, my tinsels have been getting sicker more often, when I'm not doing anything differently).

It was stated, by TJ, that BSAs would never bring a new/rare dragon to your scroll, unfreeze a hatchling, or morph a dragon into something else. I understand why it wouldn't bring a zombie back to life... but why should it kill it? Why not just give zombies a behead action? or give yourself an expunge to send them away?

While I don't expect to use this BSA, I wouldn't be surprised if some people who went to the trouble of getting Zombies then are disappointed at having dragons that they only get to see on one day a year due to their timezones wanting to get rid of them. I see so many new Zombie owners who are upset/surprised when the tombstone goes away and there is nothing on the scroll to show they have one 16 hours a day for most days that I wouldn't be surprised if this BSA gets more use than we anticipate.

As has been said many times before:

Was really excited for new BSA. Turns out to be something I can't use. Woe. Still love the soulpeaces, though!

prevent sickness (as other people pointed out: kinda your fault when it happens! though, my tinsels have been getting sicker more often, when I'm not doing anything differently).

Slightly off-topic, but if I'm reading that right, then I suggest you not incubate your Tinsels. Same if you have a Shimmer egg, from what I've heard; they don't do well if you mess with the egg levels, for whatever reason. Without fail every time I incubate a Tinsel it gets sick almost immediately, but if I don't it hatches on time (more or less) without a hitch.

For me, personally...yeah, this will be useful. I have two zombies on my scroll. One adult and one S2 hatchling. The adult is a messy lineage and I'd eventually like to release all the messy lineage dragons off my scroll and replace them with clean or CB (unless the dragon has some sentimental value to me...like my first four or it's super rare). So yeah - I'll be using this BSA ~after~ I make some CB zombies this Halloween.

Edit: Also wanted to mention that I think the Soulpeace dragons are BEAUTIFUL. So really...who cares if the BSA is useful? They are amazing sprites and I want a metric ton of them on my scroll tongue.gif

Edited by dark_kitsune

I tend to read a LOT of what's posted in the News Threads, and seem to recall seeing, somewhere, someone saying that the BSA was kind of frivolous, so I thought it might be something like Splash, instead of the Incubate and Influence, which are staples to my play-style. It is no big deal to me that this BSA is not the pie-in-the-sky that some people wanted. The Soulpeace are still gorgeous dragons, and that is all that matters to me.

Useful if you made a Christmas/Valentine Holiday a Zombie? I won't be using it, though. I like my zombies, even though they're all male hatchlings. ._. *still needs to get an adult*

I have a question...are we limited to how many zombies we have?

I only have one adult and one hatchie

but if I had some messy blah ones and was at my max number

then I could see me using this BSA to kill them off to make new ones...

but never heard of a limit to zombies (like for valentines or Christmas limits)

Edit to concur...the sprites are simply awesome, I could care less the BSA wont be used by me...I hardly ever us fertility so that too is really not used by me and i never ever use earthquake xd.png )

Edited by Merenwen