Ayelldee

Reactions to the new Expunge BSA

What I don't get is why people want to get rid of 'messy' Zombies and get CB ones. I mean really?!? The point is that like frozen hatchlings, Vampires and Neglecteds, Zombies can't breed. That's why 'messy' lineages have always been great for Zombie fodder.

I do think DC needs this BSA wether I find it useful or not. I was one of the people who supported it originally. The disappointment is that not everyone can/needs to use it, but I'm sure someday they will be the very same ones thanking their lucky stars that they do have it if the need shall ever arise.

What I don't get is why people want to get rid of 'messy' Zombies and get CB ones. I mean really?!? The point is that like frozen hatchlings, Vampires and Neglecteds, Zombies can't breed. That's why 'messy' lineages have always been great for Zombie fodder.

Some people (including myself xd.png) prefer a "preened" scroll with lovely lineages or CBs. No harm in replacing a long and tangled line with a more appealing one, right?

Others on the other hand are happy with whatever they have, which too is fine. But the first statement is a simple point of view as to why the BSA may be somewhat useful to the right crowd. smile.gif

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

They are a gorgeous dragon. So what if their bsa will only be used by a few people few and far between? It gives them personality and besides that who actually uses earthquake all that often? Or even splash once they got the badge? I know I don't.

I understand about people wanting heal and stuff but I am one of the camp that doesn't want heal. Mainly because you got the egg sick. (Unless it was view bombed which rarely happens) And we can already take care of the sickness problem by FOGGING (Not freezing whoops I am a little tired still just woke up). As for the hatchling incubate....people already raise dragons ridic fast. Those people are able to catch awesome rares will now be able to catch twice as many giving us with slow connections and computers even less of a chance at anything remotely good.

The two above BSA are HUGE game tweakers. I would imagine that TJ is reluctant to release something like that too soon without thoroughly testing what impact it may have on the game as a whole.

So I say enjoy the soulpeace dragons. The BSA is NOT totally useless. Just totally useless to some not all maybe but it still has a use. I for one didn't get excited about the hype cause I rarely do. So I am sorry that some of you did get excited and were let down but hey it's a game? Walk away for a little bit and come back with a fresh perspective. There will be plenty of other chances for other BSA and things to be released.

Enjoy the dragons for what they ARE not what they can DO.

TJ told us there would be a BSA. It's normal for people to expect actually using the BSA frequently. Then we found that we have a useless BSA that 99% of the people will probably never need.

I see your point in not liking heal/hatchie incubation, but if TJ is going to implement a BSA on something - egg sprite collection, storytelling (reading other users' descriptions), even whiptail running race - these are some examples in BSA suggestions I can think of, they don't tweak the main gameplay that much, and people will be happy about it (at least I can see many users using those BSAs frequently).

Don't get me wrong, I like Soulpeace dragons very much and think that it's a very nice idea for them to have this BSA in RP sense. But After a week of waiting and expecting for another BSA to use... dry.gif this is not funny.

Edited by love_HP

I can but reiterate what has already been said.

1. The sprites are gorgeous and totally hoard-worthy, despite this censorkip.gif BSA. <3 these gorgeous new dragons.

2. The Kill/Release feature should have been on the zombies to begin with and a new BSA should not have been wasted. The fact that it fits the dragon description is moot; the Whites could have done this, too, but it should have been there for zombies as it is for everything else. A new BSA was not needed for this.

3. Yes, this BSA is more useless than Splash and EQ, because it has the potential to do some damage. I really feel for people who have worked hard to collect and hoard lineage with zombies in them that may now end up with ruined lineages. When I first read about this BSA, this is what I thought, not "ooo it goes with the storyline!".

4. With how difficult it is to get zombies to begin with, and how one generally has to plan months in advance to even try for one, zombies are rares that take an extremely long time to get. This makes getting rid of them an extraordinarily low priority by any real standard, and other BSAs should have been considered first - especially seeing as it would have made just as much if not more sense to have had kill and release options for Zombies to begin with.

The hype. It killed. I wholeheartedly agree with what was stated here previously: If the BSA had not been announced, people probably would not be reacted as though they feel jilted. It would have been a surprise that the story-centered folk here would have squeeed over, and the rest of us would just been left with odd looks on our faces and scratching our heads. That being said, even if it hadn't been hyped, my opinion of the BSA would not change. I personally would still feel as though it is worse than a waste of a BSA and a potential lineage-ruiner, but I suppose this hermit should just go back to her cave and keep her grumpy musings to herself. Bottom line? BSA is horrible, but the dragons it has been shoved upon are no less stunning for it and are the beautiful saving grace of this entire fiasco.

This. I've traded metallics for zombie lineages before. On like, whiptails and water walkers and other caveblockers.

=/

/goes back to hermiting.

That's the BSA? It's completely worthless - to me at least. Good thing they're pretty.

My reaction:

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ︵┻━┻

Why would you want to get rid of something you wait almost all year to get?

My reaction: Meh.

Not thrilled to be honest, but not completely bugged out either.

Do I feel it's a waste of a BSA? For me personally, probably. I don't see myself ever using it, but who knows. Soulpeaces are still gorgeous so I want a bunch anyway, lol.

I guess when I read that the BSA was related to a "curse", I know some people were thinking a heal BSA, but I was hoping for an "unfreeze" BSA. That I might actually use... I'm sure in my noob days I froze some dragons that I probably shouldn't have.

But that's alright. At least now we have a weapon should DC experience a zombie apocalypse. wink.gif

I really have no reason for it. I only have one zombie, and I don't want to get any more of them, so I'm not going to use it on the only zombie I will ever get.

Well...just a question. What if sending it back to the afterlife would make it a tombstone? Does this dragon completely die and venture off of your scroll..? Most importantly has anyone tried it yet? If so what happens?

Well...just a question. What if sending it back to the afterlife would make it a tombstone? Does this dragon completely die and venture off of your scroll..? Most importantly has anyone tried it yet? If so what happens?

I don't believe that anyone is willing to try.

Qualeo used it and she ended up with a dead dragon that vanished from her scroll, apparently taking up a kill slot.

Edit: It might be a glitch, but when I choose my "available for BSA" dragons, the soulpeace is not there (and I did not use the BSA)

This is the only instance mentioned in this thread, and the only example that I've yet seen.

Edit: must...press...harder...on...keys...to...capitalize...

The (undisputed) Typo Queen (lol)

Edited by Syphoneira

I was a little disappointed. I don't have any use for it, because if I got a zombie, I'd want to keep it. However, I love these dragons. Almost as much as I love Blusangs.

I'm going to be frank and a little straightforward; Since zombies are already troublesome enough to obtain (and they really are something you can control happening) this BSA has absolutely no usefulness to me.

Not useful at all to me. :C

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I /adore/ the dragon. I just don't care for the BSA.

Edited by Wolfsong442

I personally don't care for the BSA at all, since I have no zombies and probably never will, but I still think the soulpeaces are wonderful dragon, and I'm quite proud to have gotten an egg on my first try from my grown pair. I'll likely be hoarding these little beauties.

The dragons are pretty and compensate for a useless (for me) BSA. I want to freeze the hatchlings and hug them. They are cute.

I don't expect to ever get a zombie, what with how I've managed to miss every Halloween on Dragcave so far, and even if I did manage I sure as heck wouldn't want it off my scroll. That'd be such a waste of a nice, rare dragon that I likely intended to get.

Now, there might be folks out there who don't want their zombies or maybe just want to cull the numbers on their scroll. I can dig that. Just saying this BSA will be useless to me unless zombies suddenly become an actual threat to scrolls instead of a neat addition.

I love the sprites for these guys, though. I'll at least gather up one of each gender.

It's a bit of a relief to me, in that I don't have to worry as much about making sure they have nice lineages, since I can't get them as CB anyway and the demand will probably peter out in a bit.

Edited by Chuint

I have no Zombies, don't plan on ever having Zombies, so this BSA does nothing for me.

The SPs are beautiful though, so I won't mind having a pair of them on my scroll. I had to grab some Daydreams as I didn't have any. I wasn't going to, but decided oh what the heck....

Actually, even though I was a little disappointed (I was honestly hoping the red would have the BSA and it would be something decent), it's nice that this BSA is relatively useless.

It's not something I can imagine myself using more than once in my entire time on DC (if ever), but with the dragon being as difficult to breed as it is, if the BSA was useful it would cause problems because masses of people would want it and be unable to get it.

At least now it's mainly in demand for its sprite (like regular pretty dragons) and not its sprite and some wicked BSA.

Ugly, common dragons (or preferably, just common dragons) need to be the ones with useful BSAs.

Knowing how difficult it is to get Zombies, I doubt there are many people who make them wantonly. I know I had certain dragons picked out for zombification for a while.

You don't just get rid of dragons you plan out the existence of that much. Especially when they only show up in the middle of the night. xd.png

Edited by Pink

Useless for me. But the dragons are beautiful so I could not care less about the usefulness.

It would be useful to me if they returned to their original sprite. But a tombstone, not so much. Ah well, the dragons themselves are gorgeous so I'm happy.

I'm on the fence. I have an inbred dragon I accidentally zombified, and was hoping to get rid of her, but she's started becoming a rather integral part IC of my collection.

I'm just wondering how I didn't make the connection between the word "soulpeace" and laying Zombies to eternal rest sooner.

While I might use this ability at some point, just because some of my Zombies are lineaged and I might want to try for some "CBs" instead, I'll still rate it as "useless" because it's something I would never miss and could do perfectly with without. I think it's really anticlimatic with some of the very good suggestions there have been for new BSA's, and then all we get is this.