TJ09

2013-04-07 - April Release

I'm dying to find out what the BSA is. The suspense is driving me mad. tongue.gif I keep hoping that there's someone out there who forced their dragon out using earthquake and will be able to tell us early. Even if the chances are slim to none. xd.png

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this and I know TJ would not undo refusals between dragons, but it would be amazing if the BSA could remove a refusal laugh.gif

That would be awesome-- refusals are most definitely a curse tongue.gif

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this and I know TJ would not undo refusals between dragons, but it would be amazing if the BSA could remove a refusal laugh.gif

AWESOME idea. I really hope it is now. ohmy.gif

Edited by FortyTwo

OMG!!!! I just caught one more Crimson! SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!

ETA: First egg I saw was a Crimson, CLICK. Didn't get a code page, and figured I missed it, but I misclicked something else, and tried to stop it loading, if I could. Instead, i got an overburdened message!

biggrin.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

I kind of dont want the Soul Peaces to have the BSA because they'd probably have the Heal BSA, and it wouldnt be as much of a surprise..

True TacoRocco, but it would be nice if we could heal sick or low time dragons.

Although I've had a lot of painful, painful refusals between dragons that I needed to be pairs, I'm not sure that personal taste and/or individual standards actually qualifies as a curse. If it does, then most the people I know have been struck by such a curse. xd.png

Haha, found another breedable CB female daydream and got a new Soulpeace eggy! <3

just twirling my thumbs (well, working in a salon so really is darn busy) waiting for all my dragons to mature. Lock as lock can be now laugh.gif

crimson and soulpeace hatchies look like they are having a nice coversation in my scroll ohmy.gif

Edited by Lysian

I'm dying to find out what the BSA is. The suspense is driving me mad. tongue.gif I keep hoping that there's someone out there who forced their dragon out using earthquake and will be able to tell us early. Even if the chances are slim to none. xd.png

Seconded.

Though I have a feeling that the RCs will have the BSA.

These are so lovely!

I wish I could have a CB Soulpeace to breed with my Winter Magi... That'd be an adorable lineage. :3

Waiting for the BSA is driving me crazy!!

Edited by Riverwillows

Well, so far:

Soulpeaces:

Soulpiece

Soul Piece

Digital Monster

Crimsons:

Lazy Crimson

Draco Crimson

Mobile Crimson(in honor of catching it with my phone)

Edited by Draco Knight

I don't name my dragons until they gender, unless it's going to be an ungendered frozen hatchling.  That said, here's what I've named mine so far:

Royal Crimsons

Quesijo Oukeshin

Tunona Oukeshin

Soulpeace

Sevenssi Konitsu (frozen inbred hatchy)

I use at least parts of Japanese words for the surnames.

'Ouke' = royal

'Shin' is part of the word 'shinku' (means 'crimson').

'Kon' = soul

'itsu' = peace

No, I have no idea what the proper context is for any of those words.....

'itsu' = peace

are you sure?

I looked it up in my dic and it says いつ means "five" or "always" and I can't find the meaning "peace". (Not that I know Japanese anything beyond being able to read the kanas...)

Edit: Though I'm sure 'Kon' means soul. The character shown on my avatar, her surname is "Konpaku" with "kon" meaning soul. wink.gif

Edit2: I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BSA!!! dry.gifdry.gifdry.gif

Edited by love_HP

It took me quite a while to get a Crimson, the Volcano page is madness! And I had a hard time getting a Daydream too! But funny enough, I snatched a Soulpiece egg from the AP in now time, I love the sprite, is pretty pretty happy.gif

Funny thing about Japanese....what we here perceive as one word, with one or two meanings, in Japanese, one word can have dozens of meanings, depending on things like intent, who is saying, who is hearing, situation, etc etc.

When we non-Japanese see a word, we only see what we think is the meaning. My son, who does speak fluent Japanese, laughs at a lot of the names his friends use online, that they picked up from animes or mangas, or from so-called Japanese dictionaries, because most of the time, they are using the word wrong.

Just because your hero in the manga is called "Konachi", does not mean the same thing if YOU call or name something "Konachi". The word has several meanings, not all of them appropriate to the situation. Most online dictionaries only give you one or two meanings. And again, the same word can have multiple meanings depending on how you pronounce it. The Japanese have very subtle ways of saying words, that most American/European ears don't catch.

Also, you are taking a sympol-based language, and translating it to a word-based language....lots of misinterpretations going on 90% of the time.

Just thought I'd throw that out there to help explain. smile.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

'itsu' = peace

are you sure?

I looked it up in my dic and it says いつ means "five" or "always" and I can't find the meaning "peace". (Not that I know Japanese anything beyond being able to read the kanas...)

Edit: Though I'm sure 'Kon' means soul. The character shown on my avatar, her surname is "Konpaku" with "kon" meaning soul. wink.gif

Edit2: I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BSA!!! dry.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif

Might have the meaning with different kanji, but Google translate's not helping (it says that it means "when") and I don't speak Japanese.

(also, 'sup Touhou buddy :v )

e: Riverwillows, it's Konpachi, not Konachi. Different names. Also, it's context abd the kanji used, not pronunciation. Most words in Japanese sound very similar and can only be distingushed by context and the kanji used. You're... probably thinking of a different language.

Edited by Guillotine

I can't believe the Soulpeace dragons have actually resurrected my old "Research in the Life of the AP" project. This is going to be fun now! Especially since the new AP is going to change things.

I finally got a SP from the AP now I'm waiting for my daydreams to grow up to see if I can get a 2nd gen from the two CB ones that I have. Looking forward to seeing what dragon has the BSA.

e: Riverwillows, it's Konpachi, not Konachi. Different names. Also, it's context abd the kanji used, not pronunciation. Most words in Japanese sound very similar and can only be distingushed by context and the kanji used. You're... probably thinking of a different language.

No, I was only using it as an example. I do not speak Japanese and my son is not here to assist. But I do know enough about it, that what I said was true. There are 3 different ways to use Japanese, one of them is Kanji, and I forgot the names of the other two. I was just trying to explain, how in Japanese, you can get one translation of "itsu" to mean peace, another will say "itsu" means five or always.

If my son was here, he could explain it much better.

Edited by Riverwillows

Might have the meaning with different kanji, but Google translate's not helping (it says that it means "when") and I don't speak Japanese.

(also, 'sup Touhou buddy :v )

I saw your avatar laugh.gif

Actually I was thinking of naming dragons related to Touhou memes...but I'm waiting for insprations to come to me dry.gif

When I see Riverwillows say Konachi I was like "What has Komachi got to do with this?" And Guillotine: it's Konpaku.

Riverwillows: I'm pretty sure about this because "Kon" = "魂", "paku" = "魄" which has something to do about the character being half-human, half-phantom. (That big white marshmallow dry.gif is her phantom half. xd.png)

Edit for typo.

Edited by love_HP

sigh. I only used "Konachi" because I thought it was a Japanese name, AND ONLY because I was using it as an example. If it's not a real name, fine, but the rest of my post was accurate.

Like I said I don't speak Japanese, and I don't pretend to. My son is the language expert here. He speaks 4 languages fluently, including Japanese.

Edited by Riverwillows

No, I was only using it as an example. I do not speak Japanese and my son is not here to assist. But I do know enough about it, that what I said was true. There are 3 different ways to use Japanese, one of them is Kanji, and I forgot the names of the other two. I was just trying to explain, how in Japanese, you can get one translation to mean of "itsu" to mean peace, another will say "itsu" means five or always.

It's hiragana and katakana, collectively referred to as "kana". The latter is almost exclusively reserved for foreign words, while the former is still strongly reliant on context, not pronunciation (unlike with English's read/read), and is generally used for indicating pronunciation WHEN USED WITH KANJI, because different readings can be spoken different ways. Romanizations don't have that pronunciation wiggle room.

e: @love_HP: ONE DAY MY MEMORY WILL STOP FAILING ME *shakes fist*

Edited by Guillotine

Either way, the context of what I was saying is true. I was merely trying to be helpful. I'm feeling a bit put upon here.