TJ09

2013-04-07 - April Release

I found one with 4 hours left right after I posted xd.png

But yeah, in 4 hours I'll be sleeping. Hopefully I'll get to find out the BSA before school.

same here LOL

I really like using names inspired by games/books/etc. I'm considering moving my red hatchlings with warcraft names (like Alexstrasza Dragonqueen) over to my crimsons.

I'm beginning to regret trading my second gen SPs for a caveborn silver.

So far we have five Hybrid Dragons, correct?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

And they're all pretty recent, right? Maybe this is a sign of more hybrids soon. Which i'd love to see. I'd love to see a massive amount of hybrids, especially since we keep seeing more and more dragons each year. And I absolutely love the fact they've all had a male/female sprite so far (although the poor Geode needs an update- the lack of shading when put against the other hybrids is really apparent).

Not sure if i'm ready for Hybrids within Hybrids (ex: SpitfirexSoulpeace=another type of dragon). I just want to work with the base dragons for now. There's so many possibilities and so many new ideas in the suggestions board. I can't wait to see what's going to appear next!

@girlgamerjen: You traded a Soulpeace for a CB Silver?! WHAT. Why am I not as lucky within the trades! I'm in need of two CB Silver Females, personally. I'm jealous!

Edited by MysticTiger

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

And they're all pretty recent, right? Maybe this is a sign of more hybrids soon. Which i'd love to see. I'd love to see a massive amount of hybrids, especially since we keep seeing more and more dragons each year. And I absolutely love the fact they've all had a male/female sprite so far (although the poor Geode needs an update- the lack of shading when put against the other hybrids is really apparent).

Not sure if i'm ready for Hybrids within Hybrids (ex: SpitfirexSoulpeace=another type of dragon). I just want to work with the base dragons for now. There's so many possibilities and so many new ideas in the suggestions board. I can't wait to see what's going to appear next!

That would be awesome if we got a few more

And seeing all Five together - I love how over time, it seems they've become easier to identify what makes them (That is, sharing colors and/or markings and/or body shape with the parents)

Now if you'll excuse me - as I have my dragons and am waiting for them to grow, I'm off to do some cave cleaning to try and get some dragons I need.

Edited by ShorahNagi

@girlgamerjen: You traded a Soulpeace for a CB Silver?! WHAT. Why am I not as lucky within the trades! I'm in need of two CB Silver Females, personally. I'm jealous!

I traded three for one. Like an hour after it launched. Used that to trade for my first shimmer.

I really like hybrids too! I really like that one hybrid someone is making, with the vine x guardian? i love roses though.

I kinda hope we get more pygmies too, I havnt seen too much pygmy love in general, which is so sad.

Ill add in that I -am- pretty glad that the kids I bred and put up for others in the even-gen thread are all about to grow up as well, though. well loved. sadly none seem to have names yet though. =/

Edited by girlgamerjen

They're not "pretty recent" - I'm sure geodes are here before I registered (and I think blunas do too?) and Goldfishes are released in the first days that I'm here. So we already have 3 hybrids in 2010.

Funny thing about Japanese....what we here perceive as one word, with one or two meanings, in Japanese, one word can have dozens of meanings, depending on things like intent, who is saying, who is hearing, situation, etc etc. [snip!]

This is true of all languages, not just Japanese. Dictionaries and thesauruses are meant to be brief references and don't always explain contextual differences well. For example, someone checking a dictionary/thesaurus would see 'elegant' as a synonym for 'refined,' but they might not understand that gasoline isn't an elegant form of petroleum.

I'm an editor, and most of the documents I work with have been translated from Chinese; roughly a fifth of my job is explaining to clients that the word they originally used doesn't mean what they think it means, and that the word I've replaced it with doesn't mean what they're afraid it means. (E.g. 'Roughly' in the previous sentence might be called out because the dictionary says it means 'coarse' and that's not the imagery they want to put out there.)

It doesn't necessarily mean one should avoid using foreign language bits and pieces in dragon naming, since it's all in fun, but I do sometimes imagine Saurians seeing those Thuwed names and giggling because, say, 'wahc' doesn't mean 'female' as much as it means 'young girl'... wink.gif

(Yes, I know it's a simple letter swap. I'm joking.)

They're not "pretty recent" - I'm sure geodes are here before I registered (and I think blunas do too?) and Goldfishes are released in the first days that I'm here. So we already have 3 hybrids in 2010.

Sorry, I should have reworded that. I have no sense of time so it feels like the hybrids JUST came out to me. n_n; I still remember the Ultraviolet release like it was yesterday. I remember gifting those out like no one's business! The joys of having both a lot of Purples and a lot of Spitfires.

Geode- February 9, 2009

Two-Finned Bluna- January 15, 2010

Shallow Water/Goldfish- May 26, 2010

Ultraviolets- May 22, 2012

Soulpeace- April 7, 2013

aaaah. I bred a seventh generation SP (long lineaged, I know - but even-gen and pretty!) as a gift, asked for it to be named and NOT abused (bitten, NDed, zombified, frozen, etc)

It got a name. It's also frozen in s1.

/shakes head.

*Taps foot impatiently* No grown-ups on our scrolls yet? Grraaaarrrgh. Off to bed; looking forward impatiently to seeing what the BSA is in the morning! alot.png

Two and a half hours to go until my first 4 grow up! I'm impatient for the adults, but the hatchlings are so cute, too!

I really like hybrids too! I really like that one hybrid someone is making, with the vine x guardian? i love roses though.

I haven't seen that concept yet, but it sounds awesome. Right now i'm snatching up the massive amount of abandoned CB Guardians. They need some love.

The Weather Balloon Concept is my favorite. I mean how adorable are these:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

The only problem with them is that Seasonals are a PAIN to get as CBs. But, then again, I always thought White Dragons were a pain to get CB as well. Meh.

EDIT:

OOOHHH I just came across another Daydream Hybrid Concept.

This one is absolutely wonderful and a perfect contrast to the Soulpeace.

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by MysticTiger

In honor of the Glitterballs, I named my Soulpeace - Soooooul Train

I am old

I have no idea if you're a MST3k fan, but not gonna lie, you inspired me.

(Yeah I'm kind of old too.)

Trying not to call one "Souptaker" now...

ETA: I DID JUST NAME ONE OF MY (influenced to be) GIRLS "Shine Your Love" HAHAH take THAT MiSTie DC'er who took the normal spelling of "Soultaker!"

Edited by DorkJulian

I haven't seen that concept yet, but it sounds awesome. Right now i'm snatching up the massive amount of abandoned CB Guardians. They need some love.

The only problem with them is that Seasonals are a PAIN to get as CBs. But, then again, I always thought White Dragons were a pain to get CB as well. Meh.

EDIT:

omigosh. i havnt seen those, and i LOVE them!!!! oh man oh man, i hope we have some just hybrid releases coming! lemme see if i can find the rose-vines (ill post it in this one when i find it)

-- blue rose dragon. AAAH. took off the picture. Sorry. But there's the link.

In other news: i have a tablet... can someone direct me to some tutorials on spritework? I'd love to start trying my hand in it. Though I tend to really like pen and pencil work... It might be fun to try. All this new dragon stuff has kinda inspired me.

Edited by girlgamerjen

It's in the completed section, called the blue rose if I remember correctly. As for hybrids I would love to see the sunsong X blusong hybrid(can't remember the name).

Edited by Nectaris

You aren't seeing the Vine/Guardian concept 'cause it's in Completed- if you do look, please don't post the images here, though. /Imadeitkthx

Ah, thanks. Still can't find it but i'm looking. x'D

Going through the Completed requests is kind of sad. I mean, there's all these absolutely gorgeous dragons that will never ever see the light of day. They're just kind of shoved in there. Half of them have their images missing they've been forgotten for so long. It's really sad. ;-;

I have to question if half of the new releases even come from this section or if they're presented to TJ on the Artist-only board and he chooses from there. I've always been curious how that worked.

EDIT: Speaking on Concepts that never see the light of day... I have an Iris Dragon who's been sitting on my computer for quite some time. I'll have to post up a post eventually once i'm okay with the sprite.

Edited by MysticTiger

This is true of all languages, not just Japanese. Dictionaries and thesauruses are meant to be brief references and don't always explain contextual differences well. For example, someone checking a dictionary/thesaurus would see 'elegant' as a synonym for 'refined,' but they might not understand that gasoline isn't an elegant form of petroleum.

I'm an editor, and most of the documents I work with have been translated from Chinese; roughly a fifth of my job is explaining to clients that the word they originally used doesn't mean what they think it means, and that the word I've replaced it with doesn't mean what they're afraid it means. (E.g. 'Roughly' in the previous sentence might be called out because the dictionary says it means 'coarse' and that's not the imagery they want to put out there.)

It doesn't necessarily mean one should avoid using foreign language bits and pieces in dragon naming, since it's all in fun, but I do sometimes imagine Saurians seeing those Thuwed names and giggling because, say, 'wahc' doesn't mean 'female' as much as it means 'young girl'... wink.gif

(Yes, I know it's a simple letter swap. I'm joking.)

I agree with you, and I understand your example - I'm a native Chinese speaker. Sometimes it's really a headache for me to translate something that best conveys the meaning of the original author. dry.gif

On topic: only 2 hours to go before we get to know which breed has the BSA, yay!

EDIT:

Holy wow, finally a reason to collect Balloons! I'm not too fond of that sprite in itself, but if there's a chance those cute things might come out in a year or so... /quietly hoards.

And yes, the... Day Terrors? I think? Are a glorious contrast to the Soulpeace. I'd love to have that dragon on my scroll.

Ah, thanks. Still can't find it but i'm looking. x'D

Going through the Completed requests is kind of sad. I mean, there's all these absolutely gorgeous dragons that will never ever see the light of day. They're just kind of shoved in there. Half of them have their images missing they've been forgotten for so long. It's really sad. ;-;

I have to question if half of the new releases even come from this section or if they're presented to TJ on the Artist-only board and he chooses from there. I've always been curious how that worked.

The royal crimsons were public, I wasn't even an in-cave artist when I helped with them.

Edited by Nectaris

The royal crimsons were public, I wasn't even an in-cave artist when I helped with them.

Hmmm.. Good to know! (And a tiny glimmer of hope that my little dragon will see the light of day, someday!)

Does the original post they were posted on really disappear before the release or is it still around?