rubyshoes

Shimmer Breeding Topic

Question for mods: should this thread be in the Breeding subforum, since it's about breeding and lineages?

Anyhow, I hope this won't count as spam since it's an impossible lineage, but this is my fantasy shimmer lineage:

user posted image

ETA: I know it's completely impossible! I just really like how the sprites fill their boxes and how complementary the poses are, as well as the way the color of the alt heartseekers picks up the purple accents in the bronze shimmers.

On a more possible though still highly improbably note, if anyone ever does a bronze shimmer x lumina checkerboard (even inbred, which doesn't bother me), I hope they will link to it here -- after it's grown, as I wouldn't want to make it sick from all the excessive viewing. wink.gif

Edited by miaou

i like that impossible lineage tongue.gif but yeah it cant b done maybe u could get a base of a lineage with that pairing but thats pushing it too i think

Technically there could be a deadline with the alt Heartseeker x tombstone producing a bronze, but then it would have to be only Bronzes after the first gen, no Heartseekers, and you could only have a 3rd-gen without inbreeding. That is lovely though...

Love the impossible lineage. The silver shimmer x waterhorse lineage is also surprisingly to die for.

I'm actually seeing people now requesting "no inbreds" and "no messys" in their shimmer requests. Guess they ARE becoming more common now that people are getting a bit picky. lol.

Last week it was "any shimmer" now it's "shimmer with exceptions".    laugh.gif

I think it's for the reason that if they pay an insane price for an inbred shimmer now they will not be able to breed and trade eggs theirself.

I can understand the logic there.

And I think last week it was maybe also more that people didn't see any "messy" lineages yet.

Personally I'd be happy about any Shimmer I get ( same as I was with tinsels) but I'm also glad if I get a really nicely lineaged one ^^

Edited by Nalyua

I think it's for the reason that if they pay an insane price for an inbred shimmer now they will not be able to breed and trade eggs theirself.

I can understand the logic there.

And I think last week it was maybe also more that people didn't see any "messy" lineages yet.

Personally I'd be happy about any Shimmer I get ( same as I was with tinsels) but I'm also glad if I get a really nicely lineaged one ^^

yeah youre right thats definatally it. i mean it goes with any species inbreds go for far less than non-ibreds unless its intentional (sometimes anyway)

Edited by linda3.0

yeah youre right thats definatally it. i mean it goes with any species inbreds go for far less than non-ibreds unless its intentional (sometimes anyway)

Mhm exactly.

You can compare it with the tinsels too, I mean most higher gens are not worth much any more because so many are around, and inbred ones it gets worse even.

And personally I don't think shimmers will stop breeding like the rabbits any time soon ^^;

So the high trading prices are just because they are new and the supply is still low. Hence people paying high prices do want a lineage they like too, which is also a logic I can understand.

Though inbreeding can be done very nicely and seeing a Shimmer line like this may be worth a sight in the future: http://dragcave.net/lineage/MXPA8

Trading wise stairs probably have the greatest value because they are easy to reproduce ^^

I'm waiting for the first shimmers like this to show up eventually: http://dragcave.net/lineage/sYFKM

They had quite a boom when tinsels were still rare!

How does this sound,

silver shimmer x rosebud

bronze shimmer x ice

How does this sound,

silver shimmer x rosebud

bronze shimmer x ice

I'd love to see silver x rosebud, but wouldn't be able to continue it myself.

Oh, that's way cuter than I expected. And nice code for the mate, too.

Man I do hope mine mates next Monday xd.png seein all the pretty lineages is makin me wanna share something too lol

Huh, Pillows and Shimmers are way cuter together than I thought they would be!

How does this sound,

silver shimmer x rosebud

user posted image

wub.gif

even better if the Stair could start with the 09 valentine imo

Edited by Red2111

I am really going to need one from that line at some point. It's cute!

happy.gif I'm quite happy with the combo! Just the right hue and roundness on each breed.

I just got this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/k1qTT Purple x Bronze... what do you think? I quite like it, myself, but I'm biased because I like the colour purple. =p

I actually like the contrast in emotion between the bronze and the purple. I'm not 100% sure on the color combination; I could easily see it shine later down the line, but it doesn't pop to me as a 2nd gen.

Lookin' nice now that it's 3rd gen! ^^

I am so in love with this line. I really want one with a Pillow now! biggrin.gif

Edit: And the code on the father is a riot!

Edited by Husker

i think that one would do better as a Spiral, 42.

i'm with silicon, the purple gets rather underwhelmed by the bronze, so if you can surround the bronze with purple goodness it will make the lineage pop imo.

that and the catfish look of both Purple sprites complement the shimmers imo

edit -

user posted image

yeah a spiral looks really nice with those two breeds. and i have to say i'm rather smitten with the Male Purple x Bronze Shimmer combo. those two really complement eachother in more ways that one.

Edited by Red2111

Personally not a fan of purple but I agree that some of these lines only are really done justice when they get a bit longer then 2nd gen ^^

user posted image

wub.gif

even better if the Stair could start with the 09 valentine imo

Or make it a spiral, like this with all 5 years of Valentines?

Lineage

...seeing that pink makes me wonder how the Old Pinks would look with the gold, that'd be a very rare line indeed.

Or Old Pinks with any of them, really.

Or make it a spiral, like this with all 5 years of Valentines?

Lineage

...seeing that pink makes me wonder how the Old Pinks would look with the gold, that'd be a very rare line indeed.

Or Old Pinks with any of them, really.

Yeah. :S Old Pink would very difficult to continue since only a few people have them.

Yeah. :S Old Pink would very difficult to continue since only a few people have them.

I guess the same could be said with the Frills, though thinking about the coloring of those, bronze would look nice too heh.