rubyshoes

Shimmer Breeding Topic

I also offered on that inbred trade (though I offered 'before' I looked at the lineage:  if I had known I was inbred before hand I may not have offered on it, though I only had common CB hatchlings/eggs to offer on it anyway).  If per chance I won it (not likely considering the craze right not), I probably wouldn't breed it much unless someone wanted freeze fodder, tbh.

Edit: a part of me wonders if the owner even realizes it's inbred, or if it was done on purpose as an experiment?

I'd freaking treasure the thing. Inbreds ftw. I already have a lineage in mind, but, that's thinking too far ahead. edit: and would breed it weekly until shimmers become as common as tinsels and less demanded.

@TheGrox: Doooo itttttt. Do it! You know you wanna. o3o

Edited by kiyoura

I'd freaking treasure the thing. Inbreds ftw. I already have a lineage in mind, but, that's thinking too far ahead.

@TheGrox: Doooo itttttt. Do it! You know you wanna. o3o

OK, I should I have put in 'unless someone really likes/doesn't care about it being' inbred. xd.png I remembered that 'after' I had posted.

Apparently I wasn't quite done spending all my free time toying with lineage charts!

Below are my current top picks for breed combinations, including both genders if I like how the Shimmers look with both sprites, or only one if I just like that one. I redid the same chart for all three colors of Shimmer, for comparison. Oh, also, I excluded metallics and holidays this time around. Now, I will go over here and dream... wub.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

OK, I should I have put in 'unless someone really likes/doesn't care about it being' inbred. xd.png I remembered that 'after' I had posted.

Yeah. xd.png But, I have a feeling that even with shimmers, the majority of people would not want an inbred one for any price... And when it becomes especially common like tinsels and lineages weight more, inbred shimmers would really be unwanted. I sometimes feel that on the forums inbred-ness is more hated than messy lineages.

I am sooo in love with the Royal Blue x Silver Shimmer lineage. Maybe one day...... *sigh*

Yeah. xd.png But, I have a feeling that even with shimmers, the majority of people would not want an inbred one for any price... And when it becomes especially common like tinsels and lineages weight more, inbred shimmers would really be unwanted. I sometimes feel that on the forums inbred-ness is more hated than messy lineages.

I personally don't care about inbreeds - as long as they are neat lineages (preferably even gens) I don't care. But, a messy? Nuh-uh. It's getting frozen. But then again, all messies on my scroll are frozen.

And, to stay on topic, I got a spot for a third gen on a Silver list. Now, I need to find a Bronze spot.

I am sooo in love with the Royal Blue x Silver Shimmer lineage. Maybe one day...... *sigh*

I knoooooow! I think Silver Shimmer x Royal Blue, Deep Sea, or Coastal would be my dream come true. Oh, or Tri-horn! :-D

As for the other colors, hmm... Bronze x Lumina, Ember, f Swallowtail, f Grey, Deep Sea, m Golden Wyvern, or Red Nebula would be my dream Bronze combos...

...and dream Gold combos would be Gold x Terrae, Thunder, Sunsong, f Harvest, or Green.

<3!!!

Edited by Kelkelen

Apparently I wasn't quite done spending all my free time toying with lineage charts!

Below are my current top picks for breed combinations, including both genders if I like how the Shimmers look with both sprites, or only one if I just like that one. I redid the same chart for all three colors of Shimmer, for comparison. Oh, also, I excluded metallics and holidays this time around. Now, I will go over here and dream... wub.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Wow! ohmy.gif The Terrae dragon looks awesome with all 3 colored Shimmers :3 The Lumina's look really nice with them also :3

Wow, Kelkelen! That is impressive!! I guess everyone needs a hobby!!! laugh.gif

Great Job!!

Grox if you do it I would want one just for giggles X3 I'm sure if it was planned inbred like that you'll get people eating out of the palm of your hand

I absolutely want to do an inbred lineage like that when I get mine.

ty <3 the funny thing about that GW mate is it was a random AP catch xd.png so yay for the ap helping with my breeding situation lol

wub.gif very pretty linda

i didn't see an inbred but i did see a very messy shimmer in ANoD yesturday, it was a bronze but can't recall who the CB shimmer was. it was like a 5th or 6th gen though.

@grox - you should 100% do that *nods* inbred EG's are the best.

@ point - grats on gettign on a list happy.gif

@ Kelkelen - impressive and had to take a while to do! have to say my eyes gravitate to the Blusangs, Male Nebbie (you shoudl add in the Purple!!) and Gold Wyvrens. Pebbles look outstanding with the Silvers though i still prefer puddle jumpers wub.gif

Edited by Red2111

yeah the inbreds in a trade right now nothings been accepted for it yet though but whoever gets it will probably not even care since its a shimmer anyway its amazing all the plans people have for these things eventually theres gonna be clusters of amazing lineages

@ Kelkelen - impressive and had to take a while to do! have to say my eyes gravitate to the Blusangs, Male Nebbie (you shoudl add in the Purple!!) and Gold Wyvrens. Pebbles look outstanding with the Silvers though i still prefer puddle jumpers wub.gif

Thanks! And thanks to the other people who said nice things, too! smile.gif I *should* add in the other Nebula colors -- they all look so great with every color of Shimmer.

Puddle Jumpers? Are those the Water Walkers?

I *am* making a smaller "final chart" of the lineages I'd like best to see (and possibly one day own a few of), but I didn't want to spam the thread. I added in the other Nebula colors, though, plus a couple of other mates that I really like the look of: Guardian, Spotted Greenwing, male Tan Ridgewing, and Silver.

I feel like it's a testament to how exquisite the sprites are, that they can complement such a range of other dragons!

Thanks! And thanks to the other people who said nice things, too! smile.gif I *should* add in the other Nebula colors -- they all look so great with every color of Shimmer.

Puddle Jumpers? Are those the Water Walkers?

I *am* making a smaller "final chart" of the lineages I'd like best to see (and possibly one day own a few of), but I didn't want to spam the thread. I added in the other Nebula colors, though, plus a couple of other mates that I really like the look of: Guardian, Spotted Greenwing, male Tan Ridgewing, and Silver.

I feel like it's a testament to how exquisite the sprites are, that they can complement such a range of other dragons!

You can't spam the thread with your work biggrin.gif Somebody should PM Rubyshoes and ask her to put the links to them in the first post.

You can't spam the thread with your work biggrin.gif Somebody should PM Rubyshoes and ask her to put the links to them in the first post.

Aw, thanks! Well, here it is, then: my final chart of "one day, my precioussss!" xd.png Any of the vertical pairs, or the horizontal ones in the "extra" row, are my overall preferred breed/gender/color matches.

...is it obvious that I have a really hard time choosing a favorite anything?

user posted image

When I first joined Dragcave It didn't occur to me to look at parentage, given how lineage links weren't available at the time. So I just bred whatever I wanted without a care in the world, and now I have 6 silvers on my scroll that are inbred. xd.png As soon as they added lineage links to dragcave I saw my mistake and got mad pft. Fortunately I avoided that with my golds.

So yeah, it's possible that people just don't look at it, though that's becoming less common these days as people are putting more emphasis on lines. I'm on a waiting list for a shimmer myself and can't wait, I just need to make sure to finish my IOU. Waiting for dragons to be breedable is horrible for someone with as little impatience as me, pfft. *stares at CB silvers*