nynaevesilverwind

ANSWERED:New Trophies

What do you think would be ideal?  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I once tried to make some more trophies, platinum and mithril. I don't think platinum worked out too well, but the mithril one (with colors based on the mithril dragon) isn't too bad, I think.

user posted image

i like the Mithril, you should try your hand at a Diamond level one *nods*

imo, i think we should have 3 more trophies, and increase the limits.

Platnum - 1000 Dragons. 8 egg slots / 15 Hatchies

Diamond - 2000 Dragons. 8 Cave Slots / 1 AP Slot / 18 Hatchies

Mithril - 4000 Dragons. 8 Cave Slots / 2 AP Slots / 20 Hatchies

edit - AP slots would be slots only for eggs found in the AP. thsi isn't my idea, but i wanted to brign this great idea to this thread.

at the minimum, i think we really need the 1000 Dragon Platnum egg slot addition. my OCD twitches in a fit when i cant collect even pairs on Holloween and new releases right off. yes i know i can just go with 6 slots and get 3 pairs, but you do realize how hard it is not to fill that last slot right tongue.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Red2111

I like these levels! (dragongrrl's modified ones that is)

Especially since there are those out there who are already over 5,000 dragons... And I myself am already over 2600 dragons, and I'm by no means one of the older players.

Cheers!

C4.

Thank you, C4! If it's worth adding levels, they really should be something we need to work to reach.

I am at 2200 dragons at this point, with my oldest dragon growing up on September 24th, 2010, so I have done that in 2 and almost a half years. I know there are scrolls here that have 4 years more than mine, since the Cave opened in 2006, and some of those old scrolls are massive! I will easily hit 3000 dragons before the end of this year, and there are other players who have added 200+ in a month. (current record from DC Records is 243 in one month)

BTW, I like the idea of adding mithril! I just think it should be at the 40,000 dragon level, rather than only 4000! xd.png

I agree that dragongrrl's trophy levels make more sense to me. I have nearly 2500 dragons and I know lots of people have more.

I am still not in favor of increasing the egg limits beyond perhaps 8 eggs at the most.

Edited by purplehaze

Agreed - I like the upped amounts to get the trophies, but I just don't think allowing us more dragons at a time is really necessary. Would I grab more if I could? Yeah, probably. Do I need to? Not really. xd.png

I also like dragongrrl's modified level suggestions!

I also like the egg limit/hatchies limit increase (max 10 eggs, additional levels earn you hatchie slots) -

It would take me an age to get 20,000 dragons (I am approaching 1200) but it would be nice for the milestones to be trophied at the very least.

but what if those extra slots (after the 8th) were for AP catches only.

is there a way to restrict the scroll like that? it would help on multiple levels, adding egg spots for AP hunting.

EXISTING:

0-49 None - 4 eggs - 12 total

50-199 Bronze - 5 eggs - 15 total

200-499 Silver - 6 eggs - 18 total

500-999 Gold - 7 eggs - 21 total

PROPOSED:

1000-1999 Platinum - 8 eggs - 24 total

1999-2499 Ruby - 9 eggs - 27 total

2500-3749 Emerald - 10 eggs - 30 total

3750-4999 Sapphire - 11 eggs - 33 total

5000+ Diamond - 12 eggs -36 total

I personally think the higher trophies would be very hard to get without extra egg slots- it would take years. AP slots would modify how people play the game, FORCING those with higher trophy levels to pick up eggs from the AP if they want to maximize their egg hatch rate. I am very against that.

Edited by Spelunker

EXISTING:

PROPOSED:

1999-2499 Ruby - 9 eggs - 27 total

2500-3749 Emerald - 10 eggs - 30 total

3750-4999 Sapphire - 11 eggs - 33 total

5000+ Diamond - 12 eggs -36 total

I personally think the higher trophies would be very hard to get without extra egg slots- it would take years. AP slots would modify how people play the game, FORCING those with higher trophy levels to pick up eggs from the AP if they want to maximize their egg hatch rate. I am very against that.

I think those trophy levels are too low. There are people already approaching 5000 dragons -- and they caught most of them undoubtedly while the egg limit was a max of 5, too, rather than the 7 we can have now. So we do not really need higher egg limits to reach higher levels.

EXISTING:

PROPOSED:

1999-2499 Opal - 9 eggs - 27 total

2500-3749 Ruby - 10 eggs - 30 total

3750-4999 Emerald - 11 eggs - 33 total

5000-7499 Sapphire - 12 eggs -36 total

7500+ Diamond - 12 eggs- 40 total

Better?

This is supposed to be a game- I'm sure many users would appreciate more egg slots, especially since they would probably have many large projects going on, or might want to gift, and might find it cumbersome to have such a wide array of dragons and so few eggs.

I'm happy if we can get higher Hatchie limits biggrin.gif , I enjoy hunting the AP a lot more then stalking caves at times really, so egg limit for AP catch only is good for me. Of course, it boil down to what TJ decide to do laugh.gif

but what if those extra slots (after the 8th) were for AP catches only.

It seems weird to award me extra spots for my normal method of catching. xP

I do see the positive in this, but if we wanted to encourage users to pick up from the AP, I'd rather one base AP slot for every level, not an increase with trophies. I think this would probably get us about the same results (perhaps more) than just awarding these extra slots to those with giant scrolls.

I'd love to see more badges and I love olympe's ones, but since a lot of people are talking about egg limit increases, I just wanted to point out this post TJ made in the last trophy/badge thread:

Any trophies past gold will not increase a user's limits any further.

So it doesn't look like we'll be getting increased egg limits, but I'd still love to have the trophies anyway, just for another milestone/goal to reach. smile.gif

Edited by StormWizard212

I'd love to see more badges and I love olympe's ones, but since a lot of people are talking about egg limit increases, I just wanted to point out this post TJ made in the last trophy/badge thread:

So it doesn't look like we'll be getting increased egg limits, but I'd still love to have the trophies anyway, just for another milestone/goal to reach. smile.gif

maybe with new releases, bigger scrolls, and more people voicing their arguments towards why 8 makes a lot more sense than 7 as a final level, he might reconsider?

as for milestones, yes. indeed. we need new trophies other than magicarps. smile.gif

Current:

Bronze - 50 Dragons - 5 eggs/15 hatchlings

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings

Proposed additional (modified from Dragongrrl's for readability)

Platinum - 1000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings 

Ruby - 2500 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings 

Emerald - 5000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings 

Sapphire - 10,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/33 hatchlings

Diamond - 20,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/36 hatchlings

Mithril - 40,000 Dragons - 10 eggs / 40 hatchlings

The way I see the additional goals is, they should be extremely hard to get to. Yes, I know there will probably be few, if any, who ever get to Mithril. But that's the point of a goal! It means that no matter what, even the oldest players still have something to try for.

And on a related issue, having the goals so high that people really have to work hard to get them might help convince TJ the upped scroll limits won't mean everyone can right away grab a ton of eggs. Like I said earlier... I'm already at what would be the proposed Ruby level, and I know people who are already over the proposed Emerald level. Basically, I'd consider this planning for the future.

Cheers!

C4.

I love this idea. I'd like a new trophy to shoot for, and I agree you should have to work for it. I would really, really like more egg slots, but even without them, I think acknowledging these dragon-collecting-milestones would be nice.

What if one of the levels was Dragon-horn? As if the trophy was carved from a horn. I'm picturing it as a pearly, opalescent white. Just throwing it out there, I think it would be cool if one of the trophies was clearly from something specific to the site.

Another idea for new milestones might be to make raising eggs/hatchlings faster. Like, when you reach the trophy after gold (1000 dragons?), your eggs can hatch at 4 days 6hours left. Maybe even 4 days 12. The same would go for hatchies growing up - if they get enough UVs, that is.

If people are uneasy about the addition of new egg slots (which is understandable), then perhaps additional trophy levels could add slots that are AP egg or bred egg only? In other words, no cave eggs, just ones from the AP or ones you bred yourself. This should be possible to do--in the way, way past, there used to be one extra slot just for eggs you bred yourself, so extending that to also allow eggs from the AP doesn't seem impossible. This would keep people from grabbing too much stuff straight from the cave while also hopefully making people more eager to raise the commons sitting around in the AP.

That's not a bad idea either. I've seen a lot of decent compromises proposed so far.

/me tips his hat to ruby.

That's the main reason why I think there should be ONE additional trophy level beyond gold, because new releases also increase the amount of stuff you'd want.

Just a Platinum Trophy with 8/24 would have the following ups to me:

It caps at a nice round number

It caps at exactly double the amount of newbies

Platinum is used very often in games as "the final achievement"

Beyond Platinum, i'd support anything that just gives you art. While additional perks sounds nice, this would specifically damage people who have scroll goals that stop their collecting at a certain amount of dragons. (like 1 of each sprite, 2 cbs of each...)

Since such people don't need additional eggslots(they often stop their collecting well below gold), upping limits is fine. Adding perks is not.

See, I still don't see the difference of upping the egg limit in this case versus not. The people who only collect so many of each CB are already stopping well shy of gold trophy. That's their decision in how they play the game, and I don't see how it could damage their gameplay when they have already made the decision not to pursue even the gold trophy. In the question of perks, the perks so far mentioned have been of the sort that would only really benefit active traders, breeders, and collectors. I don't see how the capability of extra eggs in a trade would damage someone who's already not regularly utilizing the full trade capacity.

And personally, after reading the responses, I think that maybe I should raise the proposed numbers required to gain higher limits. It would make the number of people getting higher limits much fewer. I've also just about decided to remove the egg limit raises that are over 10. 10 slots seems the most reasonable for eggs, though I still think that perhaps extra hatchling spots would be nice.

Edited by nynaevesilverwind

Thank you, C4! If it's worth adding levels, they really should be something we need to work to reach.

I am at 2200 dragons at this point, with my oldest dragon growing up on September 24th, 2010, so I have done that in 2 and almost a half years. I know there are scrolls here that have 4 years more than mine, since the Cave opened in 2006, and some of those old scrolls are massive! I will easily hit 3000 dragons before the end of this year, and there are other players who have added 200+ in a month. (current record from DC Records is 243 in one month)

BTW, I like the idea of adding mithril! I just think it should be at the 40,000 dragon level, rather than only 4000! xd.png

I happened to agree with both of you, and altered the levels, and added mithril. Do the new ones look better?

If people are uneasy about the addition of new egg slots (which is understandable), then perhaps additional trophy levels could add slots that are AP egg or bred egg only? In other words, no cave eggs, just ones from the AP or ones you bred yourself. This should be possible to do--in the way, way past, there used to be one extra slot just for eggs you bred yourself, so extending that to also allow eggs from the AP doesn't seem impossible. This would keep people from grabbing too much stuff straight from the cave while also hopefully making people more eager to raise the commons sitting around in the AP.

I LIKE this idea. Make 8 the top limit from the caves, but then added spaces for breeding....not sure about the AP part, but then this is only my 2nd post here.

I'm just a wee newbie...I know NOthing...and I'm waiting for eggs to hatch to reach Silver. rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

I happened to agree with both of you, and altered the levels, and added mithril.  Do the new ones look better?

Thank you! I like the idea of Mithril at 50,000, too. This really moves the potential for the game into the future, giving us good reason to continue playing for years to come!

The lower levels originally mentioned may look daunting to someone starting out, but for those of us who are already at those levels, they didn't offer any new challenge. As these newer players persist, I think they will begin to understand this too. I know there are many players with many more dragon than me, and I know there are several who have passed the 5000 dragon level.

As for those whose choose to limit the size of their scrolls, that is their own choice, and it is obvious that they have different game goals than those who want big scrolls. If they decide to grow their scrolls, they will achieve the trophies, same as anyone else who does the work. We all love this game, but just have differing ways of playing. <3

GhostMouse also mentioned a trophy of Dragon Horn. Maybe that's the 100,000 Dragon level...or maybe, the mythic 1,000,000 Dragon level! xd.png

Edited for a missing word! Makes a little more sense now! lol

Edited by dragongrrl

Mithril sounds fun. Maybe you should put up a list of suggestions in a new poll, with different numbers of dragons and/or perks for each, and decide which is more popular. Then, people can sprite, and if there are multiple sets, hold a sprite poll. smile.gif

Thank you! I like the idea of Mithril at 50,000, too. This really moves the potential for the game into the future, giving us good reason to continue playing for years to come!

The lower levels originally mentioned may look daunting to someone starting out, but for those of us who are already at those levels, they didn't offer any new challenge. As these newer players persist, I think they will begin to understand this too. I know there are many players with many more dragon than me, and I know there are several who have passed the 5000 dragon level.

As for those whose choose to limit the size of their scrolls, that is their own choice, and it is obvious that they have different game goals than those who want big scrolls. If they decide to grow their scrolls, they will achieve the trophies, same as anyone else who does the work. We all love this game, but just have differing ways of playing. <3

GhostMouse also mentioned a trophy of Dragon Horn. Maybe that's the 100,000 Dragon level...or maybe, the mythic 1,000,000 Dragon level! xd.png

Edited for a missing word! Makes a little more sense now! lol

FIFTY THOUSAND ???

*faints*

How would you EVER load a scroll for breeding etc....