nynaevesilverwind

ANSWERED:New Trophies

What do you think would be ideal?  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm going to hesitantly not merge this with the badge/trophy suggestions thread for now.

Unless TJ posts to say he's re-thinking, his stance on egg limits/total limits probably hasn't changed. 21 growing things is a lot. While we can easily take care of them, I really don't think it's necessary to up the limits. Keeps us sane in the cave. ;3

I am okay with more trophies being added, though. Wouldn't mind at all.

Thank you for not merging this! I really felt like the other thread didn't address any of my questions or wishes about trophies.

The idea of increasing the slots is at least worth discussion though. At the very least if TJ is considering changing his stance, he'll know somewhat where people stand on the idea. And there's always ways to try to find compromise if the issue is too evenly divided.

I'm on the fence about this.

I had a Silver trophy since their implementation. I have only recently gotten to 500 dragons. A new trophy for 1000 is good, but nothing above that, please.

I would love more trophies and I'd also like an increased egg/overall total limits. If we start getting more new releases I'd like to have more egg slots to be able to keep up with them and still be able to keep up with some breeding/lineages.

I stand with Rubyshoes. The poor newbies might be a little overwhelmed with as many trophies as you're suggesting though, so I would prefer only up to about 9 eggs. 10 is a bit too much to sort and organize laugh.gif

I would love more trophies and I'd also like an increased egg/overall total limits. If we start getting more new releases I'd like to have more egg slots to be able to keep up with them and still be able to keep up with some breeding/lineages.

See, that's been my big thing with the last release. I really wanted to get the new dragons and take advantage of the AP glut, but at the same time, I've been working really hard on some of my personal breeding and collecting goals. I've wanted new trophies for a while now, but it's really been just recently that the additional egg slot idea has started to really draw attention to itself.

I like the idea of upping egg limits to 10, because I like to influence for evenly sexed pairs. And I'd be more than happy to stop at 5 pairs, but at 7, I usually end up with uneven numbers, and then I go back to catch more of something until I manage to even them out.

With commons or something it's not a problem, but when you have these new semi-rare new releases. I don't really want to start gifting until my scroll goals are met, and if I could do it in one go, and then be able to plunge back in to catch for gifting within 3 days before the cave craps out and AP block is back... I'd really love that,

I do think we could do with higher hatchling limits, as much as trading seems to involve moving hatchlings now.

I could really go for one more egg slot because, um, yeah, 7 is an odd number and I like things even.

Upping it to 8 egg slots is ALL I'd support for an increase in egg slots, for evenness. More than 8 is overkill, but 7 is kind of an awkward number to stop at.

More shiny trophies with or without limit modifications would be fun though, and if you want some help spriting them, I'd love to!

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Love the increased egg spots (up to 8).

Maybe there can be different perks for higher trophies (such as increased teleport loads, etc)?

Upping it to 8 egg slots is ALL I'd support for an increase in egg slots, for evenness. More than 8 is overkill, but 7 is kind of an awkward number to stop at.

More shiny trophies with or without limit modifications would be fun though, and if you want some help spriting them, I'd love to!

I'd love help spriting! I'll have some concepts up in a few days if that helps.

8 would be better than what we have now definitely, but I would love to go up to 10. 10 seems like a fair number to me.

Love the increased egg spots (up to 8).

Maybe there can be different perks for higher trophies (such as increased teleport loads, etc)?

Different perks is definitely something to think about. What sort of perks are you thinking?

Different perks is definitely something to think about. What sort of perks are you thinking?

Increased teleport loads (up to 6 maybe?), possible ascension, I don't know. Something along those lines.

Thank you for not merging this!  I really felt like the other thread didn't address any of my questions or wishes about trophies.

No problem. I'm happy to not merge if they encourage different discussions. ^^

I'm on the fence about this.

I had a Silver trophy since their implementation. I have only recently gotten to 500 dragons. A new trophy for 1000 is good, but nothing above that, please.

When I first started this wasn't implemented. I then had about a year hiatus and by the time I came back, I believe trophies were a thing. IIRC, I was just below a silver (maybe I was closer to a gold? Gah, it was long ago) when I came back. I'm now at 1864 dragons (including growing things) and I'm hardly the only user with this many dragons (or more!). I don't think more trophies beyond a platinum (what we've been calling the trophy for 1000 in the badge thread) are unreasonable, (especially if they don't come with perks). =p

~

I'm not really for any other increased perks. We already get more egg/total slots. It's likely that if you have more dragons, you probably already have more BSA and such other useful dragons, so you don't really need the perks for them, IMO.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

If people are uneasy about the addition of new egg slots (which is understandable), then perhaps additional trophy levels could add slots that are AP egg or bred egg only? In other words, no cave eggs, just ones from the AP or ones you bred yourself. This should be possible to do--in the way, way past, there used to be one extra slot just for eggs you bred yourself, so extending that to also allow eggs from the AP doesn't seem impossible. This would keep people from grabbing too much stuff straight from the cave while also hopefully making people more eager to raise the commons sitting around in the AP.

/me tips his hat to ruby.

That's the main reason why I think there should be ONE additional trophy level beyond gold, because new releases also increase the amount of stuff you'd want.

Just a Platinum Trophy with 8/24 would have the following ups to me:

• It caps at a nice round number
  • It caps at exactly double the amount of newbies
  • Platinum is used very often in games as "the final achievement"

Beyond Platinum, i'd support anything that just gives you art. While additional perks sounds nice, this would specifically damage people who have scroll goals that stop their collecting at a certain amount of dragons. (like 1 of each sprite, 2 cbs of each...)

Since such people don't need additional eggslots(they often stop their collecting well below gold), upping limits is fine. Adding perks is not.

I'd love more trophies.

Gives me more goals to meet.

As for egg slots, I'll always love more but I'd be fine with just trophies.

Well, I once tried to make some more trophies, platinum and mithril. I don't think platinum worked out too well, but the mithril one (with colors based on the mithril dragon) isn't too bad, I think.

user posted image

(Edited to add: Bronze, silver and gold trophy belong to their respective spriters, not me. I just added them for comparison.)

Edited by olympe

I love them, olympe! smile.gif They look great. Except I can't read what the number on the mithril dragon says. Everything is super blurry on this laptop though, so that could be why. tongue.gif

I think just Platinum at 1000 and Diamond at 2500 is plenty. I don't think egg limits should be increased, personally.

I would love to see more trophies, but I, too, don't think we need more egg/hatchling spots.

Not that I am not always totally locked, mind you, but part of the fun is working within the limits.

I am approaching the 5,000 dragon mark, and would love that there was a higher trophy level for such a feat.

I love them, olympe! smile.gif They look great. Except I can't read what the number on the mithril dragon says. Everything is super blurry on this laptop though, so that could be why. tongue.gif

It's not that easy to read - but I guess I'd better change it back to 2k instead of 2.5 k.

More trophies would be nice. Though I'd say just upping egg slots to 8 would be as high as we need to go. That way we have a nice clean even number.

I might be in the Minority here but I voted for the bottom. I mean if you have a gold trophy already, then its pretty well established that you indeed know what you are doing. You can raise eggs and hatchlings with one hand tied behind your back so in that regard I think those with a gold trophy or higher shouldn't have to worry about a cap IMO.

WB

I personally do not think egg slot limit should ever go beyond 8 slots. That's double what a new scroll has. Shouldn't that be enough?

I'd like to see more trophy levels, but I would raise the current suggested levels, just because it needs to be a real challenge, which the suggested levels don't do imho. From Silver level on, it is possible to add at least 1000 dragons in a year, if someone is really serious about building their scroll.

Bronze - 50 Dragons - 5 eggs/15 hatchlings

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings

Platinum - 1000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings - I agree with this level.

Ruby - 1750 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings - This level should be a minimum of twice the previous level and I think 2500 would be in line with this goal. (It would also give me a new goal to shoot toward, rather than skipping levels! lol)

Emerald - 3000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings - Keeping to a minimum of twice the old level, Emerald should be set at 5000 dragons. I think we have several members already at or close to this level.

Sapphire - 5000 Dragons - 10 eggs/33 hatchlings - Doubling would raise this goal to 10,000 Dragons, and give all of us something to work for.

Diamond - 8000 Dragons - 10 eggs/36 hatchlings - This should be 20,000 dragons, showing the commitment of the players that reach this level.

The lower level numbers currently suggested just don't do it for me. smile.gif

I'd like to see more trophy levels, but I would raise the current suggested levels, just because it needs to be a real challenge, which the suggested levels don't do imho.  From Silver level on, it is possible to add at least 1000 dragons in a year, if someone is really serious about building their scroll.

Bronze - 50 Dragons - 5 eggs/15 hatchlings

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings

Platinum - 1000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings  - I agree with this level.

Ruby - 1750 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings  -  This level should be a minimum of twice the previous level and I think 2500 would be in line with this goal.  (It would also give me a new goal to shoot toward, rather than skipping levels! lol)

Emerald - 3000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings  -  Keeping to a minimum of twice the old level, Emerald should be set at 5000 dragons.  I think we have several members already at or close to this level.

Sapphire - 5000 Dragons - 10 eggs/33 hatchlings  -  Doubling would raise this goal to 10,000 Dragons, and give all of us something to work for.

Diamond - 8000 Dragons - 10 eggs/36 hatchlings  -  This should be 20,000 dragons, showing the commitment of the players that reach this level.

The lower level numbers currently suggested just don't do it for me.  smile.gif

I like these levels! (dragongrrl's modified ones that is)

Especially since there are those out there who are already over 5,000 dragons... And I myself am already over 2600 dragons, and I'm by no means one of the older players.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4