PonyTales

Change in the AP format?

Is anyone elses hatchies that show the forced message from the 1d 2h AP bonanza refusing to grow up?  Two of my little ones have been gendered over a day and they are 2 hours past their grow up time.

I wondered why nobody else said they have a problem with this before. Same for me though, they all have many views and uvs but will not grow up...

Edited by KingZanto

A lot of the gendered hatchies in the ERs are showing the same thing!

Haha maybe this is the April Fools! You thought you caught that CB gold in the AP but its a perma-hatchie!!!!

Edited by Katykins2

Is anyone elses hatchies that show the forced message from the 1d 2h AP bonanza refusing to grow up? Two of my little ones have been gendered over a day and they are 2 hours past their grow up time.

I was just shaking my head at my stubborn, stubborn hatchies. My friend has one at 3D 18H, 5134V/1018UV. They act like they're prizes or something! laugh.gif

A lot of the gendered hatchies in the ERs are showing the same thing!

Haha maybe this is the April Fools! You thought you caught that CB gold in the AP but its a perma-hatchie!!!!

Haha! I wonder if they can get sick?

I was just shaking my head at my stubborn, stubborn hatchies.  My friend has one at 3D 18H, 5134V/1018UV.  They act like they're prizes or something!  laugh.gif

My friend's just grew up, 7397/1025. (Actually all 4 of his did, between 3D 18H and 3D 17H)

Edited by prpldrgnfr

I have 3 hatchies that are at 3/17 and still won't grow up. o.o

Oh. yeah. ^ Looks like MY 'forced' hatchies aren't the only one with this issue. xd.png

Can someone explain the 'forced hatchie' thing? I've heard about it EVERYWHERE but dunno what it is... xd.png I'm so out of it.

Can someone explain the 'forced hatchie' thing? I've heard about it EVERYWHERE but dunno what it is... xd.png I'm so out of it.

At a time about 3 days ago, the AP suddenly gave many CB eggs with 1d~ left. When people grabbed them and hatched them, they found that all those hatchlings have "This hatchling was forced out of its egg prematurely." message even though they never used earthquake or kill on them.

Now those hatchies are reaching 3d14h or so and many of them still wouldn't grow up despite having obviously enough views (many has 1000+ UVs) to grow up.

At a time about 3 days ago, the AP suddenly gave many CB eggs with 1d~ left. When people grabbed them and hatched them, they found that all those hatchlings have "This hatchling was forced out of its egg prematurely." message even though they never used earthquake or kill on them.

Now those hatchies are reaching 3d14h or so and many of them still wouldn't grow up despite having obviously enough views (many has 1000+ UVs) to grow up.

Maybe the dragon cave experienced an 'earthquake'. xd.png

I have a funny feeling that forced hatchies usually need more V/UVs to gender and grow up, but I could be wrong.

Also, I don't mind this at all, given I want to freeze one last "forced" hatchie but I'm totally out of freezes! tongue.gif I've got it fogged and it's got very low UVs so hopefully I'll be able to catch it when I finally get a freeze action back. tongue.gif

I've read that these 'Forced' message hatchies were created in the AP (possibly created as ERs?) and I've also heard it referred to as a glitch, although I know nothing myself.

But I'd wondered if these guys would be slow to grow up, and they sure are!

But Amazon_warrior has a darned good point in actual Forced hatchies perhaps needing better numbers to grow up on... not that I've ever done it to know one way or another.

I had 4, I thought, (had 3 bunched together far away from other babies and not sure where the other one is) had to drop one to make room for a gorgeous gifted egg and they seem to be maturing around the stage this hatchie still is:

Overall Views: 4733

Unique Views: 1155

Clicks: 5

Hatchling will die if it doesn't grow up in: 3 days and 16 hours

Looks like that's about average for these guys?

The backlog of the AP must be like 10,000 dragons–people are taking eggs from the cave to try to scoot things along, but there's never anything good behind the eggs–probably designed that way, and will probably remain so until people figure out they have to handle the AP.

This is just speculation though.

The backlog of the AP must be like 10,000 dragons–people are taking eggs from the cave to try to scoot things along, but there's never anything good behind the eggs–probably designed that way, and will probably remain so until people figure out they have to handle the AP.

This is just speculation though.

I'm not very sure about this.

I mean, personally I seldom go to the main cave now. Why bother to go there when there are so many CB or nicely lineaged uncommons in the AP, and they can be traded/gifted/incuhatched right away? I'm sure many people feel the same, and now the amount of users viewing AP is more than the amount of users viewing all 6 cave spots altogether.

I've got a speculation on why we all got forced messages on the 1day eggs we got. I honestly think they were 'tinkered' as in, TJ can see the back log and if there might have been too many rare or even just thought clearing the backlog a little wouldn't hurt, he mighta moved them up to the front of the queue.

I'm not entirely sure how the site handles 'overburdened' catches, but if an overburdened egg were to actually get booted to the AP rather then the second person who clicked it, it would explain all the cb rares that were among the 1day eggs. If the time frame on the eggs were tinkered so they were all shoved to the front of the queue so people could actually get them, then it might explain the forced message we all got. tongue.gif Plus, it's one of the most effect ways to clear some of the backlog. Ha.

The red dorsal I picked up also waited until around 3days 18hrs before it finally grew up with a set of views of 11084/769/3. Quite a bit more then what some of said theirs needed, so I don't think it was the views that were really what it was waiting on. I think it was more of a result of my 'tinkered with' theory. Not that I'm complaining. Uwahaha.

Bumping this because the AP eggs are going back down in time. It was to a point there was nothing under 5 days on the AP...now it looks like it's going back to what it was. Anyone think there will be another surge of 1 day eggs?

Bumping this because the AP eggs are going back down in time. It was to a point there was nothing under 5 days on the AP...now it looks like it's going back to what it was. Anyone think there will be another surge of 1 day eggs?

Be fun if there was! Though I'm almost totally scroll-locked again because I'm busy using my remaining free eggslot to scoop up and hatch CB commons for my scroll goals at the moment...

Be fun if there was! Though I'm almost totally scroll-locked again because I'm busy using my remaining free eggslot to scoop up and hatch CB commons for my scroll goals at the moment...

I'm picking up every single magi thrown to the AP. Every once in a while I'll see a metal (saw a silver and bronze today) but I'm not paying attention so I never get them.

Quite possibly just now.

It's this Sunday when we expect the new eggs, isn't it? I for one have started cooling down. I only have two eggs out of a possible seven, because I want to be sure I don't have too many hatchies and lock myself when the new ones drop.

One really good thing about the AP as it is now is that if I find I do have spaces tomorrow afternoon/night, I can grab low time eggs and have them hatch in good time. Can't fault it! biggrin.gif

Quite possibly just now.

It's this Sunday when we expect the new eggs, isn't it? I for one have started cooling down. I only have two eggs out of a possible seven, because I want to be sure I don't have too many hatchies and lock myself when the new ones drop.

Why do I keep thinking it's Monday. That's if Tj decided to have a new release each Sunday now. I haven't been following the thread so I wouldn't know.

Some of them have been 'forced' really? I haven't noticed that... but then I haven't really been catching from there much, lol. Tbh I don't like the new AP that much... it's too much like a candy store! I've been doing my best to stay away so that I have spots for my projects and things.

But at the same time, when I do give into temptation and check it out, it is really nice that I can incuhatch the eggs within minutes... idk xd.png I have a mixed reaction to it depending on my mood, I guess.

Yesterday or two days ago, I went on a crazy streak of adopting eggs and incubating and insta-hatching many of them in minutes. Hence, my scroll. I've had to abandon several hatchies to make room for trades. xd.png

Interesting. I just picked up an egg from the AP, a waterhorse. But the strange thing? The abandoned link was just dragcave.net/abandoned/code. No "/nonsense" after it. o_O Threw it back to AP, but yeah...

With the new release the AP wall of eggs have the lowest time I've ever seen... blink.gif

Edited by love_HP

Have to admit that I'm loving incuhatchable eggs. I keep locking myself with hatchlings. biggrin.gif