Pokemonfan13

ANSWERED:Suggestions to improve the raffle

Reminder to please not drag drama from other threads around the forum or to talk about users behind their back. If there's a situation that needs taken care of, please use the report function and alert a mod - or PM them with your concerns.

If you have a problem with another user, then please work it out in private not via public over the forum. If it can't be worked out or you don't want to talk to each other, you can block members from PM'ing you.

Thank you.

I did a Thing.

*crawls off to bed before people start throwing stuff*

Hey, that looks terrific!

And I think it'll be a great comfort and make a huge difference to those in need of such information and advice.

I just hope all winners get a chance to see that before discovering their luck!

My 2 cents.

Option 1: Yes. 1 percent of entries winning sounds good.

Option 2: Maybe. A second raffle of retired prize dragons to ensure a minimum of active breeding retired prizes. eg since there were only 10 original gold tinsels given out, keep a minimum limit of 10 actively breeding gold tinsels. Maybe have the raffle at the same time as the standard christmas raffle.

Option 3: I'd prefer a standard consolation prize, eg "coal dragon". Breedable all year round, but CB only available through raffle entries. Choice of gender possible, random code.

Option 4: multiclutching prize dragons. I don't think so. Increasing the number of winners seems a better offer.

Option 5: what's an HM?

Option 6: prize dragons only produce prizes for the first 6 months. Maybe, but I still think Option 1 is the best idea.

Option 7: adding retired prizes to the game as rares. No. I'd prefer my Option 2 idea - each year, raffle off a certain number of retired prize dragons to keep minimum active breeding numbers. Maybe give original raffle prizes props (wreath, jewelled egg) and later "replacement" prizes no props. Keeps original prizes unique, whilst allowing sprite collection of prize dragons.

My 2 cents.

Option 1: Yes. 1 percent of entries winning sounds good.

Option 2: Maybe. A second raffle of retired prize dragons to ensure a minimum of active breeding retired prizes. eg since there were only 10 original gold tinsels given out, keep a minimum limit of 10 actively breeding gold tinsels. Maybe have the raffle at the same time as the standard christmas raffle.

Option 3: I'd prefer a standard consolation prize, eg "coal dragon". Breedable all year round, but CB only available through raffle entries. Choice of gender possible, random code.

Option 4: multiclutching prize dragons. I don't think so. Increasing the number of winners seems a better offer.

Option 5: what's an HM?

Option 6: prize dragons only produce prizes for the first 6 months. Maybe, but I still think Option 1 is the best idea.

Option 7: adding retired prizes to the game as rares. No. I'd prefer my Option 2 idea - each year, raffle off a certain number of retired prize dragons to keep minimum active breeding numbers. Maybe give original raffle prizes props (wreath, jewelled egg) and later "replacement" prizes no props. Keeps original prizes unique, whilst allowing sprite collection of prize dragons.

An HM is an Honorable Mention, and the person can pick something like a CB Holly, CB Black Alt or Frill not otherwise obtainable. smile.gif

Edit: as a variation from the usual typos, for my next trick, I'll get crumbs in my keyboard and miss letters due to crunchy keys.

Only, how do they get in where I can't get them out? laugh.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

I find it very sad that so many of us now tend to think in terms of trade values rather than dragons, and that keeping the most beautiful dragons insanely rare to keep up trade values is supposed to be desirable.

What's wrong with just getting a decent trade for Prize offspring, rather than some humungous price that would never before have been considered possible, at the cost of depriving the entire community?

Seriously.

THIS. I hate playing the stock market - here or in finance.

But I am also coming round to multiclutches, simply because if winners wanted to breed for trade, to GET stuff, they would actually also send some to others, whether they wanted to or not.

And I HOPE they would take that route, if they were already so keen to use their prize for trade, rather than saying they just wouldn't breed, then. Even to breed for themselves, they'd have to "risk" gifting xd.png

THIS. I hate playing the stock market - here or in finance.

But I am also coming round to multiclutches, simply because if winners wanted to breed for trade, to GET stuff, they would actually also send some to others, whether they wanted to or not.

And I HOPE they would take that route, if they were already so keen to use their prize for trade, rather than saying they just wouldn't breed, then. Even to breed for themselves, they'd have to "risk" gifting xd.png

I'm also not sure why anyone'd worry about prices dropping if a few 2nd gen eggs (probably over a week, considering breeding rates, lol,) wound up in the AP among the thousands of users.

In that case, why not worry about the devaluing effect of the batch of Prize eggs given out in which they'd gotten theirs? xd.png

I'm thinking that these people simply aren't thinking about the number of people involved, in which all probably produced low-gen eggs from multiclutching would be literally a drop in the bucket.

And if the ratios weren't increased, multiclutches would nearly always consist of the mate's breed, anyway...

"a few second gens" ...

as presented by amazon_warrior before, there are not many 2gs bred at all. If those ccould end up in potentially only 4 multiclutches and then nothing for the rest of the year, it would make prize owners a lot less generous, and maybe even hesitant to breed - as you need to make sure that the few eggs you then still get, count.

I know I would not breed my projects for gifting or cheap trades anymore, and that's 3g-4g we're talking about, not cbs.

Also, where does this stop m next mske golds, silvers, coppers nulticlutch, and fix all ratios to breed at zero percent failure? ....

I'm still against multicluctching. I don't see how it would help really. As was mentioned on the last page, all that will happen is you'll have the fast clickers camping in the AP for a slim chance at a 2nd gen.

You thinking holly catching the AP was hard this year? x100 for multiclutched prizes.

As true as that might be - but multiclutches will even benefit the breeder. Because he gets the first pick of the eggs. If the ratios are the same as with the shimmers, most eggs will probably be prizefails anyway.

The only problem I see with multiclutching is the ratios.

The current prizes reached their assigned ratio after a few months post-release, and then their breeding success rate took a major hit. If we allow multiclutching for prizes, the ratios will have to be GREATLY increased (like three-fold) to avoid them topping the ratio in a month.

I'm still against multicluctching. I don't see how it would help really. As was mentioned on the last page, all that will happen is you'll have the fast clickers camping in the AP for a slim chance at a 2nd gen.

You thinking holly catching the AP was hard this year? x100 for multiclutched prizes.

You can't compare how hard it is to catch a holly to catching a 2nd gen prize in the AP.

Holidays always show up in the same top spots regardless of the time on the clock so people will hover over those spots ready to click in advance.

Prize dragons don't behave like Holidays and get priority spot at the front of the line in the AP. They act like all other dragons and will pop up randomly amongst all other similar timed eggs. So any 2nd gens from a multi-clutch will sit in limbo until the clock runs down and they finally show up on the AP.

This randomness makes it harder for "fast clickers" to anticipate being in the right spot at exactly the right moment. If most of the fast clickers are hovering near the top of the pile looking for the really low time eggs (2 day types) like they generally do and a 2nd gen prize (4 day as an example) pops up at the lower middle of the pile a potentially slow clicker who just happened to be hovering in that area has a very good chance of getting that egg before a fast clicker can readjust to move down to click.

Therefore the odds of someone catching a 2nd gen is a heck of a lot more fair and balanced compared to how holiday dragons show up.

You can't compare how hard it is to catch a holly to catching a 2nd gen prize in the AP.

Holidays always show up in the same top spots regardless of the time on the clock so people will hover over those spots ready to click in advance.

Prize dragons don't behave like Holidays and get priority spot at the front of the line in the AP. They act like all other dragons and will pop up randomly amongst all other similar timed eggs. So any 2nd gens from a multi-clutch will sit in limbo until the clock runs down and they finally show up on the AP.

This randomness makes it harder for "fast clickers" to anticipate being in the right spot at exactly the right moment. If most of the fast clickers are hovering near the top of the pile looking for the really low time eggs (2 day types) like they generally do and a 2nd gen prize (4 day as an example) pops up at the lower middle of the pile a potentially slow clicker who just happened to be hovering in that area has a very good chance of getting that egg before a fast clicker can readjust to move down to click.

Therefore the odds of someone catching a 2nd gen is a heck of a lot more fair and balanced compared to how holiday dragons show up.

I still think it is relevant, because if I saw a prize in the AP and I clicked on it, then someone else did, I'm positive that the other person would get it because my internet is really slow.

Also, it is possible to predict the general AREA of where holly eggs will be, but how do you know that there won't also be 10 Winter Magi eggs dumped in the AP at the same time? Sure, it'll probably be in the first two rows but it won't be in the same spot every time.

And yeah, prize hunting's going to be harder in the AP, for everybody, and that doesn't exactly help the problem. =/

But the point is: You are unable to know where the prize egg will show up in the AP, unlike the Holiday eggs.

We all know Holiday eggs show up in the top left corner of the first row, and they continue down the row to the to right. With regular eggs, they look like they shuffle around the whole board. So, this would give people a reasonable chance at grabbing an egg near where they hover their mouse pointer, which can be anywhere on the board.

The thing about multiclutching (only if ratios were to be significantly increased, as otherwise this would simply be pointless and, as has been pointed out, unfair to owners and listers - and I personally see this as being limited to CBs, being special Prizes, awarded only, and with this special ability therefore making sense for them on these grounds) is that even if they were, as anticipated, predominately caught by fast clickers, the odds are that these would be bred by those fast clickers.

So at least here would be a few more lower-gens being produced, and higher odds of at least some people tending to gift obtaining them and being able to pass along lower-gen gifts not only more desirable, but not producing (hopefully, lol) messy 10th-gen offspring, so people on the 'bottom of the DC economic ladder' would have at least some chance of having something better to gift or trade.

And there would be far more common Shimmerkin being produced, with a higher chance of being snagged by slower people, allowing for far more pretty lineages as well.

The disparity would at least be somewhat, if gradually, reduced.

Perhaps people trading 2nd/3nd gens might not get quite such large scroll-fulls of trades for their dragons, but why should people get such unheard of advantages over everyone else forever?

And maybe eventually trade value wouldn't be typically the first consideration of so many of us in dragon-collecting and everything else on site...

Why not try to implement multi-clutching for prizes like this:

CB: Chance of breeding up to 4 eggs.

2nd gen: Chance of breeding up to 3 eggs.

3rd gen: Chance of breeding up to 2 eggs.

4th gen and higher: no multi-clutches possible (unless mated to a holiday dragon during its breeding season)

ETA: I'm afraid that this isn't going to fly because the cave doesn't make any difference between CB and lineaged dragons, so it probably won't happen. I still wanted to get it out there, though.

Edited by olympe

Dunno, if the CBs presented as Prizes were coded to produce multiclutches, would that work?

Doing a graduated thing might not, but I could see the special Prizes having special abilities to have multiclutches, which breds couldn't.

4th gen and higher: no multi-clutches possible (unless mated to a holiday dragon during its breeding season)

ETA: I'm afraid that this isn't going to fly because the cave doesn't make any difference between CB and lineaged dragons, so it probably won't happen. I still wanted to get it out there, though.

Wouldn't that make the third gens rarest?

EDIT: Ignore me, I misread the post. This is a great idea smile.gif

Edited by PieMaster

ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

Wouldn't that throw a monkey wrench in trade values!

I actually kinda like it, lol!

I find it very sad that so many of us now tend to think in terms of trade values rather than dragons, and that keeping the most beautiful dragons insanely rare to keep up trade values is supposed to be desirable.

What's wrong with just getting a decent trade for Prize offspring, rather than some humungous price that would never before have been considered possible, at the cost of depriving the entire community?

Seriously.

I agree with this so much.

To be honest, I really don't care about this raffle thing any more, in the same way I frankly don't care about super rares. There was a time I was crazy to collect every tinsel lineage there was. Then the second raffle came out, and I was still busy trying to collect the first raffle's lineage.

Then shimmers came out and I couldn't care any more.

I am still collecting first generation tinsels, but I don't want any other tinsel because they are pretty much worthless. They have static lineages so I really can't do much with them aside from continuing the lineage, and they really don't work for trade fodder because... who would want an 8th gen from Inextrica and Galaxtica?

So by the time shimmers came out, I collected a few to get all colors... maybe one day I'll try to get two genders although I'll probably just break a line and be done with it, rather than try to trade for it. I am having SO much fun with my breeding projects, I don't want to occupy my limited slots with dragons I already have a bunch of.

This is an interesting mechanic. It'd almost work for any dragon as well (because in any lineage, there are exponentially more lower gens than higher gens.

Though remember that breeding multiple eggs doesn't necessarily mean that they'll all be prize eggs, so perhaps it would actually just fill the AP with so-called "tinsel fails."

This is an interesting mechanic. It'd almost work for any dragon as well (because in any lineage, there are exponentially more lower gens than higher gens.

Though remember that breeding multiple eggs doesn't necessarily mean that they'll all be prize eggs, so perhaps it would actually just fill the AP with so-called "tinsel fails."

Fails can fun too. I wouldn't mind seeing multi-clutches come back this way either. I always liked the surprise factor of when/if it would happen back when any pair could throw multiples even if I only got eggs from the breed I wasn't hoping for.

These days I hardly ever breed unless I have someone who wants the possible babies (usually myself).

Siggestion #7: I don't collect prize dragons anymore because what lines I have I can't continue and I don't have the heart to try and get 2nd gens when what I seem to have is worthless.

edit; Dragon and Syph stated it for me perfectly; I have little time or energy to care who has a nice dragon and who doesn't -- I don't care if your dragon is the rarest piece of bread on the market -- I like the bread, so let me have the bread, because it's bread.

edit; ok, maybe the whole bread thing is an awkward analogy -- let's just go with what spyh and Dragon said, ok bye.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Nah, because the increase is exponential. There's a set number of CBs, whereas the number of 2gs is always increasing, thus the number of 3gs is always increasing even more... the only difference would be less dropping in the AP a bit.

laugh.gif You say that like it's a bad thing!

There is a pretty active market for the 2g fails already.

3g aren't nearly as popular but they are popping up in the trading threads lately too