Ayelldee

Prize eggs have been awarded

Lol, one Shimmerfail from Bilbo too - although I really like the colors, haha~ Can't wait to gift this away! XDDDDDDDD

user posted image

Wow! Luminal do look nice with prizes! Now I'm going to have to start a collection of 2nd gen prize-fails. happy.gif

Spriter's alts are some of the rarest impossibles in this game..

Actually from what I've seen a lot of spriters are very generous with their babies if you just ask politely. I got a second gen from double spriter's alts and all I did was ask the owner politely. <3

At any rate, stilllll hoping these guys start breeding better. Maybe I'm just forgetting, but I could've sworn Tinsels bred much better then these guys are doing, way back at the start.

And regarding the sprites themselves--I like the style and craftsmanship of the Tinsels more, but prefer the pose and the idea of the Shimmers more. X'D

Oh my god, they're beautiful!

I hope I will get one of each when they become more common with time!

Not that i'm here to much anymore (I seem to just have game spurts) But I had to come by and say I love these new dragons and hope I'm able to get me a few of them. The spriter alt is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I feel like I have to tell you and explain, all a bit more details about my trade with the prize winner. I will start from the beginning.

When TJ sent out the e-mails to the winners, I got contacted by a friend from the russian community.

He said he chose CB Holly when he received an e-mail from TJ, and asked me if i would be interested in trading with him. I answered that i already own two Hollies, but generally I don't mind (and who would not? ...). Since another HM Winner already contacted me, I said that I can't trade with both of them, because I simply do not have so much resources, so I will only choose one, when the prizes will be given out to the winners, and that the second winner will have to find another trader.

When TJ gave out the prizes, I got a PM from the first winner, she said that when she unfogged her prize it was not the HM, but a Prize instead and with that, the price increases at least twice more now. I answered that I wanted the HM prize only not the Prize Dragon itself, so she should look for someone else, 'cause I prefered to wait for the other winner, with the CB Holly.

When he came, we discovered that he also received a bronze, so there will be no Holly for me. I was disappointed, because I didn't even knew they had an abillity to choose upper prizes, and they ticked that option.

He asked if I could pay more, than we previously arranged. I said I can pay any price, but have to refuse his offer, because I already have my CB Tinsel and don't want to take his Bronze from his hands. He said he would sell it anyway, so why not. He said when he came to DC he had plenty of time, but now he has 2 small children and work and doesn't have time to play or trade anymore and if he keep that bronze - he won't breed it and trade eggs to others.

Now he only wants rares to his scroll to complete the collection and the only time he would come to play is during new releases. He said he prefers to trade with me, because he knows me for several years, we had many trades in the past and in his opinion I'm an honest and active player and the prize in my hands will be more useful for the game in a whole, plus I'll just give him what was promised, for sure, I have enough rares. He said that he did not expect that after our trade I might get into an unpleasant situation (where some people called me greedy and whatnot), he apologized for that, so if I would have changed my mind - he can pick up the Bronze back, but in any case he would sell it to someone else, because the stated reasons.

Now I want to tell about my personal feelings:

Yes, I feel guilty that I received this Prize from the winner. But it's not because I have done something wrong or cheated on someone or stole. My fault lies only in the fact that I have the resources to pay for this prize. The truth is that I'm not the richest player in DC.

Yes, I have the biggest scroll (80% of all dragons - common from the AP, like everyone else have, there's nothing supernatural), I spent a lot of time playing here every day, sometimes even I think that's far too much time. It's a really serious hobby, I've been trading a lot, know many people, receive gifts and like to make rare gifts to others myself (many people here would agree with me). I believe that if you are not greedy - you will be rewarded. I always try to be polite and to answer all the PMs. If people think that the CB owners are arrogant and rude - they are wrong, not all of us think highly of ourselves for receiving a Prize. If I hurt someone with something, then I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding, well, my English isn't perfect, as you all you can see. In any case, the truth is that I was just lucky. Winners received their eggs because they were lucky - they got e-mails from TJ, Amazon_warrior was lucky - she was fasterthan others, she clicked on the egg and now she has a prize, I was lucky, too – I got PM from winner with an amazing offer. All this, anyway, is luck. There will always be those who were lucky and those who won't be, but maybe next time. I can give the prize back (even though I have already paid a part of my iou), but the owner still would sell it to someone else (RICH), for a higher price. And no guarantee that new the owner wants to give out it's offsprings for free, they might sell them for 4-5 cb golds each, who knows. But still, why are they better than me?

I wanted to breed 2nd gens (5-15 eggs) and give them randomly and for free to people in chat,want to give everyone a chance to get a new dragon, without paying. I think it's fair. Besides, I already got everything I wanted a long time ago, there's no need for me to trade offsprings for something super rare, I really want to share with people, who need it, but can't afford to buy a 2nd gen.

I know nobody cares, and I "have no right" to say it, but ... there is something that makes me frustrated and I would like to speak about it.

Personally I'm very upset (yes, my frustration will probably not be as high as some of yours..) that it's like... I have to die as a player for others. I can't have or want nothing more at all, because since I got my Tinsel for my christmas tree. It turns out that if I won once, I have no right to play anymor and that I have only one single option now - to breed Tinsels and give (for free or not) eggs, silently agreeing with everything.

But I'm a player just like you are, and also want to play and get new dragons (not necessarily CB, believe me, I didn't expect anything, i'm fine with how it is!). I'm also wondering how the new hatchies look, how the adults will look like and who the spriter is...

I also wonder how others will name their dragons, would beat Logic Thuweds' records by views or not.... I have absolutely the same interests that you have. I only received an offer in private, from an adult player, and had the resources to pay and that's all. I am a weak man and couldn't resist such a tempting offer, like any other normal person. I did not kill virgins, wasn't eating unicorns, didn't dilute the newbies, wasn't imposing. If you think that I should return the prize - please tell me this here, honestly and in the eyes and not like other people who are silently are spreading rumors behind my back and lying into my face, I care about your opinion.

I also had the chance to get the other Prize Dragon from the other user, but I did NOT do it.

I did not want two Prizes, let alone one from the beginning, I only wanted a CB HM Prize – which both were offering to me, not the other way around.

Then I have to hear from others, that rumors are spreading around I would be greedy for wanting another Prize now – which is NOT true :/ ...

Thank you for reading this.

Wow- I went to work last night, get on DC in the morning and there's more than 10 pages to get caught up on?! Anyways...

Mysfytt, the adults look gorgeous. wub.gif What a lovely job!

Logic- shame on you! laugh.gif Looks like breeding these guys may be eventful. Luminas look great with bronzes!

Wow, Absolute. Good job standing up for yourself. I personally think you did nothing wrong- no hard feelings whatsoever. I'm sorry people are being so mean about it. sad.gif

EDIT: Just checked out the spriter's alt! I love it!

Edited by Dimar

No reason to feel guilty or to explain yourself, people are ofttimes jealous and mean spirited, but the majority of the DC community are good people.

I for one am happy to see active long time players get a prize. If you look at the scrolls of some who won, you wonder if anyone will ever see any offspring of their prize.

Anyway, hope you feel better having vented, sometimes it does help.

Best of luck breeding!!

@Absolute, Oh my.. ): I may have completely misunderstood you when i first heard you receiving a CB prize from a trade.

I think you should keep the prize, since your friend chose you to trade for it, plus he had said he would sell it away anyways aye? s:

And i think you would be a better recipient for the prize, since your friend did say that he would only be playing during the new dragon releases and suchs? I suppose he wanted you to help spread the shimmers since he probably wouldnt be able to or do a very good job at it.

But thats just my opinion, their just pixelized dragons on an online game anyways. (:

Dont worry about it...many havent  smile.gif I, for one, dont even know where to find one of the lists lol x

heheh im on a couple lists.. but most people will flat out say no, because i am ONLY interested in balloon paired prizes. Someday, maybe i can bribe others to help me out (cause i will trade for each and every fail baby in the process) but right now, im not going to bother too many people.

Absolute: I have absolutely no reason to be cranky with you about having two different prizes. I only have one request to make from you: If you decide to breed the two prizes together, please keep the offspring on your own scroll or hand them out free. You have been given the means for ultimate trade fodder, and you have potential to control the dc enonomy. It will be interesting to see if the pairing only gives new eggs or if it will switch between the two breeds. Congrats on your awesome trade luck. I for one am really happy for you. And of course, you know im gonna be poking you for a balloon pairing in the future tongue.gif

Edited by Thuban

Congrats Absolut smile.gif

I kinda figured it was something along those lines. I understand how they feel. Yes, it would be nice to be able to "print my own money" for a couple months. But once you've got your scroll goal, I can see where having a prize would be a nuisance. This way he gets the value without the ensuing headache. Though for sure, I would have asked for the first 1-2 eggs as well. They so pretty <3

Disregard that. You know why you got the prize, and now other people also know that. Mean spirited persons will always find a reason for whining or lying about other people. If you haven't traded for a CB they would still be mad if you've gotten a 2nd gen.

I did not kill virgins, wasn't eating unicorns,

But that would make a great story!

People just got jelly Absolute, if I was in your place I'd take it too (and the other offer too btw), and many people would too and they know it. It was your friend's personal choice to trade it away, no one here has to tell you how to play your game

Edited by LaHaine

Lol, one Shimmerfail from Bilbo too - although I really like the colors, haha~ Can't wait to gift this away! XDDDDDDDD

user posted image

When the shimmers were all still hatchlings, I was hoping someone would breed with luminas--and it turns out to be even more striking than I'd imagined! Actually, I like most of the combinations I've seen so far; really nice to see the thoughtful breeding experimentation.

Congrats to everyone who's bred successfully so far, whether true or "failure," and to all those with 2Gs on their scroll now!

heheh im on a couple lists.. but most people will flat out say no, because i am ONLY interested in balloon paired prizes. Someday, maybe i can bribe others to help me out (cause i will trade for each and every fail baby in the process) but right now, im not going to bother too many people.

nawww thats nice hunny, good luck, i do hope you're getting a new shiny soon...i dont even know which players won a price to pm them about it hehehe...i'll have to keep an eye out on the various threads I reckon, to figure out who's got what and then set out to trade some time in the future x

@Absolute: I actually thought it was pretty cool that you traded for a Prize dragon because you can now breed an otherwise impossible pairing... CB Tinsel x CB Shimmer. Which is awesome. Although the only people who'd be able to properly continue it would be prize winners, but still, it would be an epic lineage. xd.png

Absolute: I don't like how you had to explain yourself about that. By whatever means, you have a prize, and that's not anyone else's business as to how you got it. I really didn't mind that you'd traded for a prize - heck, I wouldn't pass up such an opportunity! I'm actually glad that the prize has gone to an older, more active player (unlike most other prizes), and someone who will appreciate it, and not just ask for 4 CB Metals for one 2nd gen.

The adults are gorgeous!!

Where are the lists at? haha, I just HAVE to get some of these lovelies and I don't even know where to start!!

THe detail on these are amazing!

@Absolute: I actually thought it was pretty cool that you traded for a Prize dragon because you can now breed an otherwise impossible pairing... CB Tinsel x CB Shimmer. Which is awesome. Although the only people who'd be able to properly continue it would be prize winners, but still, it would be an epic lineage. xd.png

*big eyes* That... would be one of the most epic projects. Somebody, please make it happen!

Get two eggs from that pair and you could make an amazing inbred checker...

Well... i want to try them together.. so badly.. but i can't.

I have to breed for people who are waiting for their eggs from Alcoholic. I can try to breed only if someone from the list would ask me for it.

I know you all are curious, but... But. user posted image

Oooh... That would look incredible! The adults are amazing ohmy.gif

Finally another Eastern on DC :3 Congrats to Amazon_warrior who managed to get one on the AP. I want to get my own so bad, they're all so pretty and shiny<3

If it were me in the position to trade for such a prize, you can bet I would have jumped at the chance. You don't owe anybody an explanation for your good fortune; as you said, you were just extremely lucky. I wish you luck in future breeding, Absolute.

*big eyes* That... would be one of the most epic projects. Somebody, please make it happen!

I admit I'd love to see this. All of the prize winners working together to create a lineage like that. It'd be great!