angelicdragonpuppy

Allow Alts/Hybrids to be CB

Would you like to have CB Alts & Hybrids added to the cave?  

428 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I support CB Alts but not CB Hybrids. It just feels like those should be bred... I don't have a good way to explain how I feel about it, I guess.

Either way I definitely agree that Avatars should never be CB since they're dependant on GoNs which have to be summoned to scrolls. I personally don't see a lot of GoNs hanging around in the wild, just my take on the matter.

Edited by silver_chan

You do. You can see the egg. The hybrid egg is quite different from the - other egg with the same description. It's only in the snatching you aren't sure. Like pinks and flamingos - you can get the wrong one. Big deal. As soon as the egg is on your scroll, you can see what you got and only have to wait 5 days to dump it.

I think pedrino is referring to some previous suggestion that when we pick up an egg, it looks like the parent egg... and we won't know what dragon we got until the egg hatches.

So if I pick up an Egg with a Deep Sea Dragon flavor text, the Egg looks like a Deep Sea Dragon Egg and can hatch as either a Bluna or a Deep Sea Dragon - but you won't know until it's hatched.

Which, by the way, I completely disagree with. I am not down for that method of having CB Hybrids because it is way more complicated than it should be.

I think pedrino is referring to some previous suggestion that when we pick up an egg, it looks like the parent egg... and we won't know what dragon we got until the egg hatches.

So if I pick up an Egg with a Deep Sea Dragon flavor text, the Egg looks like a Deep Sea Dragon Egg and can hatch as either a Bluna or a Deep Sea Dragon - but you won't know until it's hatched.

Which, by the way, I completely disagree with. I am not down for that method of having CB Hybrids because it is way more complicated than it should be.

Yes, pederino was referencing Thuban's idea. Which I also disagree with, unfortunately, but I also listed off those reasons a bit earlier in the thread. It also just doesn't make sense (to me) why the hybrid would hatch from another breed's egg.... x)

I'd just like to say that Avatars should definitely not even be considered, for multiple reasons - TJ/Odeen would most likely pretty much guaranteed refute that, not to mention GoNs can't breed true - Avatars ARE their offspring... While I understand they're classified as hybrids, I never really considered them to be haha. So them becoming available as CBs (in case anybody believes they should be) is something I personally don't agree with, either.

I support CB Alts but not CB Hybrids. It just feels like those should be bred... I don't have a good way to explain how I feel about it, I guess.

Either way I definitely agree that Avatars should never be CB since they're dependant on GoNs which have to be summoned to scrolls. I personally don't see a lot of GoNs hanging around in the wild, just my take on the matter.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking (I mean, the only way for a GoN to exist -that we know-, is that it is summoned by other 3 dragons that come from so different biomes...). But at the same time, they are hybrids :/. So, its kind of complex that situation there. Thats why I suggest they should be rarer than golds.

Edited by pederino

Ok, you just cherrypicked my comment. This was the last part you took away
Sorry, wasn't trying to cherry pick. I guess I just don't get the objection because the not knowing is already a 'thing' when it comes to 2g alts, cb gems and nebs, and while it's annoying it doesn't seem to have hurt their popularity. People purposely grab 2gs from the AP and raise them hoping for alts, so as a way of encouraging people to grab and raise cb eggs I think dropping cb hybrids would work brilliantly.

Would I start grabbing whites and daydreams from the cave on the off chance one of them might turn into a cb soulpeace? Heck yeahs!

And also, there is no issue if you get a rare thing expecting a common thing, the problem is when you are expecting (or want) a rare and get a common thing (You wasted 2 days -if you used incubate- to then trade it for something else, gift it, or abandon it -or keeping it if you didnt care, but thats another part of the story). But, if you can see what you get right after, you can take action in less time (I think its 5 hours). It is still time wasted, but is not 2-days wasted.wind up there because they don't alt.

But again this is a thing that already happens to some extent, people 'waste' time with the miscolored nebs, 2g blacks and such, hoping for alts and tossing them when they don't get them. And I don't really think people would 'expect' them to be rare, no more than they 'expect' that 2g to alt. It's just a hope.

Would I be annoyed if I were looking for a white and got a soulpeace instead, maybe, but I bet the AP or the trade threads would be a great place to look for those same cb whites. I mean I see a lot of 2g black hatchies going through the AP and the departures threads when they don't alt.

I guess I just don't see it as anything so very different than what already happens to some dragons. We would just be expanding the possibilities to more types of dragons than the handful that alraedy do something similar

Which if you already don't like that function I totally get why you would be opposed to the idea. smile.gif

Edited by Tawanda001

ER - no - it might hatch as a deepsea or a shallow.... Just saying. The Bluna egg has a quite different flavour !

Thats why I suggest they should be rarer than golds.

No - not "rarer than golds". Avatars should not be available CB AT ALL.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I have to say that, no matter how rare you make an egg drop, there will be users who find them. Whether they trade them or not is a different matter, but there will be people who find them. Within a few weeks of CB Alts or Hybrids appearing in the cave, 2Gs will be on offer in the trading threads - probably commanding high prices at first, but getting more common over time.

So, rarity isn't really the issue here. It's about whether or not they should be released into the cave at all.

And I still think that Alts should be, but Hybrids should not.

You don't need to worry about 2nd gen CB hybrid offspring. I got offered 4 Storms for one - that seems to be what people think they're worth, these days.

Alts, I wouldn't mind if they were CB. Hybrids... no. The whole point of hybrids is that you have to breed to get them.

Alts, I wouldn't mind if they were CB. Hybrids... no. The whole point of hybrids is that you have to breed to get them.

This seems like a silly argument against hybrids considering that is the "point" of both hybrids and breedable alts. If you prefer one and not the other, that's fine - you're allowed your opinion - but arguing against one because that's the way they currently work and expecting that argument not to apply to the other... I don't think that's going to fly. laugh.gif

As said before, all eggs are bred. It's just that in the biomes, we don't have a record of that lineage.

In regards to the argument that wild dragons do not interbreed, I'd like to bring up the 2014 and 2015 Holiday events. At one point in the stories of both, a Gold/Nheo couple was brought up. These were wild dragons of different breeds that had an egg together. So wild interbreeding is cannon at this point.

(Sorry if someone already brought this up, I'm too lazy to read all the pages.)

I rather like the idea of having CB Hybrids pretending to be their parent breeds. I'm already enamored with both Daydreams and Soulpeaces so I'd probably go full hoarder if that happened.

That said, still somewhat neutral on this whole thing. I don't know if I like the idea of more uber-rares, but it's not like I can't get bred ones and for the most part I'm happy as long as I can get a couple of every breed. (Which is why Neglecteds are driving me crazy...)

ER - no - it might hatch as a deepsea or a shallow.... Just saying. The Bluna egg has a quite different flavour !

Yeah, but according to that suggestion it was meant to be for the breds that could produce that hybrid, since a deep sea cant produce a shallow (but can a bluna), thats why she gave that example. And the same applies with the skywing, you could have a skywing looking egg with the skywing flavour, but it could still hatch into a bluna (which is produced from a skywing and either deep sea or water). That was the suggestion.

No - not "rarer than golds". Avatars should not be available CB AT ALL.

I still think that if one enter the others should (avatars are hybrids after all), wouldnt mind if it doesnt happen that way, but would prefer it.

I've read all the posts. Everyone has a lot of different view points. This post is not in reply to, or in response to, or in reaction to anyone else's post. I'm not considering lineages or ratios or rarities. I want a CB Alt Black and the only way for me to get one is if they drop in the biomes with the rest of the Black eggs. I know they would be very rare but right now they are nonexistent, so in my opinion it is a step up, no matter how many or how few of them would be made available.

I'm sure everyone has one dragon that is just perfect to them. The Alt Black is my perfect dragon, and a CB Alt Black would be the most perfect form of that dragon.

There is no reason why a few of the Black eggs can't hatch into Alt Blacks and it certainly would step up the excitement in the caves, and enhance dragon play.

In regards to the suggestion on Hybrids disguising as their parent breeds...

I think this should affect ONLY the description of the eggs. I know that I for one love the Soulpeace eggs, for example, while I'm far less fond of its parent eggs.

I think it would be a shame to miss out on the egg sprites for the breeds - as well as the fact that it makes it impossible to tell what you have on your scroll. It's a different breed, not a different sprite - you're meant to be able to tell them apart.

That being said, I'd be less against CB Hybrids if that idea was implemented.

Is confused. Am I missing something or are people saying they are ok waiting for eggs to hatch too see if their black/vine/undines are going to be alts, but not willing to wait to see if their white/purple/whatever eggs hatch into cb hybrids?

I'm not really seeing enough of a difference in the mechanism to see why people are ok waiting for cb and /or bred alts to reveal themselves but not cb hybrids?

In regards to the suggestion on Hybrids disguising as their parent breeds...

I think this should affect ONLY the description of the eggs. I know that I for one love the Soulpeace eggs, for example, while I'm far less fond of its parent eggs.

I think it would be a shame to miss out on the egg sprites for the breeds

I agree with this. I don't mind alts hatching from the same egg because that's already how they work, but the hybrids have some really gorgeous egg sprites, and while I know they'd still be available through breeding, I just think they're too pretty to hide away. ;3

The difference between Alts and Hybrids is that Hybrids are a breed of their own. Alts can always have non-alt offspring (in fact, they do that more often than not), while hybrids - with the exception of Ultraviolets throwing Spitfires - would never have non-parent breed offspring.

Also, the eggs are indeed beautiful smile.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

The only reason I had suggested "masking" the hybrids was to encourage people to actually bother hatching the "fail" eggs, like they would an alt. No, it's not ideal, but it is a potential compromise for allowing them in cave.. if simply being stupidly rare on their own isnt enough.

There is also the whole thing with it possibly slowing down the botters that have evaded being caught. Shared description, shared sprite with the parents... that would stop most of the scripts I have run across before, so in my mind, its an extra layer of security, to keep things on as even a playing field as possible.

The only reason I had suggested "masking" the hybrids was to encourage people to actually bother hatching the "fail" eggs, like they would an alt. No, it's not ideal, but it is a potential compromise for allowing them in cave.. if simply being stupidly rare on their own isnt enough.

There is also the whole thing with it possibly slowing down the botters that have evaded being caught. Shared description, shared sprite with the parents... that would stop most of the scripts I have run across before, so in my mind, its an extra layer of security, to keep things on as even a playing field as possible.

I think that masking the hybrids, at least until they've hit a scroll, is a good idea. For one, it actually encourages people to pick up blocker eggs while still stopping scripters from using scripts. This is especially helpful if the view/CODE link shows an egg that looks the part of its description.

(Example: There's a bluna egg in the cave, disguised with the description of a skywing. Since it's possible to look at eggs using the view/CODE method, the egg needs to show as a skywing egg, at the very least until it has been picked up to prevent abuse of said method. It's bad enough we can already use it to cheat with sunstone/moonstone eggs, dorsals, ridgewings, horses/ochredrakes and pink/flamingos.)

Personally, I think the hybrid shouldn't be revealed as such before hatchling stage, even when sorting, or many people would flood the AP with said blocker eggs. Although that issue might not be as bad as I fear due to the 5 hour cooldown for abandoning, so revealing the hybrid as such as soon as it's sitting on a scroll might work.

I think that masking the hybrids, at least until they've hit a scroll, is a good idea. For one, it actually encourages people to pick up blocker eggs while still stopping scripters from using scripts. This is especially helpful if the view/CODE link shows an egg that looks the part of its description.

(Example: There's a bluna egg in the cave, disguised with the description of a skywing. Since it's possible to look at eggs using the view/CODE method, the egg needs to show as a skywing egg, at the very least until it has been picked up to prevent abuse of said method. It's bad enough we can already use it to cheat with sunstone/moonstone eggs, dorsals, ridgewings, horses/ochredrakes and pink/flamingos.)

Personally, I think the hybrid shouldn't be revealed as such before hatchling stage, even when sorting, or many people would flood the AP with said blocker eggs. Although that issue might not be as bad as I fear due to the 5 hour cooldown for abandoning, so revealing the hybrid as such as soon as it's sitting on a scroll might work.

It will only delay the AP flood - and mak it a flood of hatchies instead.

I'm far more worried about scripters than I am about an AP flood, truth to tell.

Cheers!

C4.

Hatchies usually get picked up really quickly, since most of us have a couple of open hatchling slots even when egg-locked. Even if they're of the least desireable kind.

Selfishly, I don't want to see this happening, because I'm having enough trouble trying to get CB golds to have more pressure added to my collecting experience.

However, I can understand other points of views. It wouldn't be strange, canon wise, to see this as inter-specie breeding might be a thing happening in the wilderness (cave wilderness, not RL wilderness which I don't want to bring into debate).

Also, I can understand why people would want them, as they are beautiful dragons that would make some awesome lineages.

So, I guess I will be fine if this happens, even if it causes frustration for myself. The benefit of the cave as a whole must be over the wishes of a single user. I would prefer it if it wasn't that ultra-rare drop, but will accept anything that comes if this gets implemented.

Hatchies usually get picked up really quickly, since most of us have a couple of open hatchling slots even when egg-locked. Even if they're of the least desireable kind.

Deepsea hatchlings flooding the AP? Oh my wub.gif Bet there'd still be a decent number of Purples & Magis too, even if they don't get dumped as often as the others. Some people don't need these as much.

I'm not opposed to hybrids hatching from their parent's eggs, but I would be sad to be missing out on those egg sprites. I suppose if they breed true and their hybrid offspring have the eggs, then that's not too bad.

Deepsea hatchlings flooding the AP? Oh my wub.gif Bet there'd still be a decent number of Purples & Magis too, even if they don't get dumped as often as the others. Some people don't need these as much.

I'm not opposed to hybrids hatching from their parent's eggs, but I would be sad to be missing out on those egg sprites. I suppose if they breed true and their hybrid offspring have the eggs, then that's not too bad.

With my suggestion, yea.. ONLY the cb eggs would be affected. Otherwise they would continue to work as they always have.