angelicdragonpuppy

Allow Alts/Hybrids to be CB

Would you like to have CB Alts & Hybrids added to the cave?  

428 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry, but I have to agree with danicast. All the effort to find two breeds them breed them together to get a nice hybrid, and then just find one in the cave? Dunno, seems a little unfair. Especially if they're ultra rare.

Sorry, no support.

The best place for CB alts/hybrids is the shop; it doesn't make sense that a dragon that can only be obtained by breeding all of sudden drop in the cave.

Unfortunately, there was a clear and emphatic no in the shop thread that CB Alts/Hybrids would not happen via the shop and would need to be worked into the cave elsewhere, somehow. To me, it does make sense as to why they would be able to drop in the cave - CB dragons don't magically appear, they're still bred, we just don't know their lineage. This should be no different for CB Hybrids/Alts, especially CB Alts. They'd just be more rare, as the actual pairings for the hybrids would probably be a lot less common in the wild.

IIRC, TJ has been super against the idea of CB Alts/Hybrids after the first initial honorable mentions, no? Of course, this has my 100% support, as I'd very much like to see more of them available in the cave tongue.gif Just a matter of convincing the boss.

I'm neutral on the idea. It makes sense logistically--wild dragons do breed, afterall--but idk if it's worth the sacrificed gameplay quirk.

Sorry, no support.

The best place for CB alts/hybrids is the shop; it doesn't make sense that a dragon that can only be obtained by breeding all of sudden drop in the cave.

If you'd read my original post, you'd see that CB Hybrids / Alts have been confirmed to not be a thing that's able to happen in the shop, sadly. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted this at all.

Sorry, but I have to agree with danicast. All the effort to find two breeds them breed them together to get a nice hybrid, and then just find one in the cave? Dunno, seems a little unfair. Especially if they're ultra rare.

You're kind of at odds with yourself, here--you act like finding them in the cave would be easier than making them, then say that making them rare would be unfair. Personally I don't think making hybrids is that much work--all the ones we currently have come from really common breeds (and thank goodness for that!). And I certainly wouldn't mind them being less rare than I said, but, again, this thread was made because they were officially rejected for the shop... which makes me think that if they're going to be available, it has to be some hard to get way. And I'll take "really hard to get" over "impossible."

I absolutely love this idea and support it 100%. I have seen a CB Alt Black on someone's

scroll, so it used to be possible.

There's no reason why they should not be in the biomes. It would really enhance game play.

I absolutely love this idea and support it 100%. I have seen a CB Alt Black on someone's

scroll, so it used to be possible.

There's no reason why they should not be in the biomes. It would really enhance game play.

Unfortunately all CB Alt Blacks (or any hybrids) are either the result of glitches or are raffle winnings. They were never a normal thing that could happen. sad.gif

IIRC, TJ has been super against the idea of CB Alts/Hybrids after the first initial honorable mentions, no? Of course, this has my 100% support, as I'd very much like to see more of them available in the cave tongue.gif Just a matter of convincing the boss.

Yah, I know it's an uphill battle and that it really comes down to "can we convince TJ or not," so I wanted to make a public forum for that >w<

I'm neutral on the idea. It makes sense logistically--wild dragons do breed, afterall--but idk if it's worth the sacrificed gameplay quirk.

If they're decently rare, most people should still fall back on breeding to get them instead of hunting (although, given how rare alt blacks are right now, might not be much difference... but I digress xd.png).

Hm, well.

I would love to have those as cave drops, and I do understand the logic in it...

But... wouldn't it be a bit unfair to those who chose one of those as their HM prize? Those people have won a raffle, and they chose something very special... it would be a shame if their exclusive prize was suddenly available every day.

Edited by MadameZ

The problem is, if they're available in the cave at all, there are those who -must- have a CB collection of them, even if they don't care about the lineage making possibilities. I'm that way. I only have bred hybrids because that's the only way to get them. There's too much of a "CB is better" mentality here. So it's not like they'll only go to the people who really really care about making a lineage with them. Instead they'll replace hybrids and alts made the current way, and it'll mostly be people who already don't care about lineage at all who will collect the bred ones. Think of it this way: 2nd gen golds are much easier to get than CB golds, but people still dream of getting some CBs even if they have a nice collection of bred ones. It won't be any different for hybrids and alts. They'll just be "those really rare CB dragons that have a funny alternate way of getting them", rather than the special dragons that can /only/ be obtained in a special way.

Hybrids and alts were never intended to be CB. If TJ is against them being available in the store (CB by other means), I doubt he would be convinced to actually have them drop in the cave.

About the only way i can see them happening is as a raffle. Mini raffles in the store, then maybe they might happen sometimes, but I wanted to avoid the raffle thing being part of the store, asit was overcomplicating things at the time of discussion.

If you'd read my original post, you'd see that CB Hybrids / Alts have been confirmed to not be a thing that's able to happen in the shop, sadly. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted this at all.

You're kind of at odds with yourself, here--you act like finding them in the cave would be easier than making them, then say that making them rare would be unfair. Personally I don't think making hybrids is that much work--all the ones we currently have come from really common breeds (and thank goodness for that!). And I certainly wouldn't mind them being less rare than I said, but, again, this thread was made because they were officially rejected for the shop... which makes me think that if they're going to be available, it has to be some hard to get way. And I'll take "really hard to get" over "impossible."

Hmm, you're right I am arguing with myself. I don't know, maybe I've changed my mind. I guess it's not such a bad idea, as it would happen in the wild. But let's look at other hybrids, Ligers and Zebroids (horse x zebra) The two don't naturally breed in the wild, allthough they are not usually sharing the same habitat. Dunno, sorry if I came across as rude.

Hybrids and alts were never intended to be CB. If TJ is against them being available in the store (CB by other means), I doubt he would be convinced to actually have them drop in the cave.

I see your point but weren't they available as HM? I can't remember.

Anyway, since TJ said NO to having them in the store, what do we have to lose asking to have them in the cave, maybe as ultra-rares?

But... wouldn't it be a bit unfair to those who chose one of those as their HM prize? Those people have won a raffle, and they chose something very special... it would be a shame if their exclusive prize was suddenly available every day.

From what I've seen - a few of them that have talked about this were actually hoping to have the option in the store, or at least somewhere.

@NotBambi - They were available as an HM Prize, but only a few times. Pretty sure last year at least they were not available to be picked.

Edit: Ah, that's right. Then perhaps the year before that they weren't available. I just remember there was a year I was hoping to get an HM Prize for CB Alt Undine or something, but then it was announced CB Alts/Hybrids couldn't be picked.

Pokemonfan13 brings up a good point as well. I was just thinking about the pseudo-rareness that Blacks and Undines may experience if everyone is trying to pick them up for Alts, too. Just a hypothesis on that though.

Edited by Areous

@NotBambi - They were available as an HM Prize, but only a few times. Pretty sure last year at least they were not available to be picked.

Last year there were no HM. At all.

Pokemonfan13 brings up a good point as well. I was just thinking about the pseudo-rareness that Blacks and Undines may experience if everyone is trying to pick them up for Alts, too. Just a hypothesis on that though.

Why should that be? I do not see Purple Ridgewings being rare...

Edited by NotBambi

The only way I'd see this happening is if they were like Leetle Trees or Holidays and had scroll limits. I'm not seeing them being released if the store got shot down.

I'm not seeing them being released if the store got shot down.

Could you explain?

So far, what got shot down was the possibility of having them in the store.

Why should that be? I do not see Purple Ridgewings being rare...

The difference is that Tan & Purple Ridgewings are different as eggs. Blacks and Undines have to hatch differently. Sort of like Nebulas I suppose, except the alts for Blacks and Undines are quite rarer. So people would continue to pick up CB Black/Undine eggs to try and hatch Alts.

Just a hypothesis was all, not entirely sure how it would all work out.

Could you explain?

So far, what got shot down was the possibility of having them in the store.

Prize dragons are way more likely to happen than CB hybrids. I'd rather not have CBs of breeds that were never intended to be CB becoming anything close to the "norm."

from: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8609941

He had told us back then the answer was no. I stubbornly kept trying to keep them by raising the prices to a point where i felt hardly anyone would buy them.

from: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8609941

He had told us back then the answer was no. I stubbornly kept trying to keep them by raising the prices to a point where i felt hardly anyone would buy them.

Prize dragons are way more likely to happen than CB hybrids. I'd rather not have CBs of breeds that were never intended to be CB becoming anything close to the "norm."

Maybe we should ask to have them drop on the 10th Birthday only. So they would not be close to the "norm".

Edited by NotBambi

I agreed with TJ. Those who wants hybrids and alts as CBs are being disrespectful to the dragon's creators. These dragons were conceived to be bred only. We should respect these concepts.

I agreed with TJ. Those who wants hybrids and alts as CBs are being disrespectful to the dragon's creators. These dragons were conceived to be bred only. We should respect these concepts.

Uh? They were HM. How was that disrespectful???

They were also crazy limited to only those specific people who chose to get them, rather than say.. cb hollies. There was nothing "norm" about that.

They were also crazy limited to only those specific people who chose to get them, rather than say.. cb hollies. There was nothing "norm" about that.

I was replying to the assumption that they were never CB and that is not true. Nothing about "norm" on my post that you just quoted.

The fact that TJ had allowed a couple of people to get hybrids/alts as CBs is not related in any level to this thread. I am not TJ, I don't know why he did that but I know that he changed his mind and never allowed hybrids/alts to be picked as HM again.

I still think we should respect the dragons concepts and drop the idea of making any alt or hybrid as CB even if TJ allowed that once or twice.

One thing is the site owner allowing a couple of players to have a special prize once or twice, a completely different thing is users demanding to change completely the dragon concept just because they want CBs.

I still think we should respect the dragons concepts and drop the idea of making any alt or hybrid as CB even if TJ allowed that once or twice.

Sorry but that is your opinion. I do not see why I, or anybody else, should drop the idea because you said so. Unless you are TJ.