7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I might enjoy a dragon Eevee if it was rugged like Druddigon and not sleek and streamlined like... pretty much every other dragon (Dragon-Type could really use some variety.) :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

Ugh, you mean (rugged) like practically every fan-art Draceon? (Which I think is probably the best name for it.) Well, at least the ones I've seen, it's an Eeveelution, having be rugged doesn't make sense to me.

Though I agree that Dragon could use a bit of variety.

Hydreigon is considered steam-lined now? Still, a smooth eeveelution would definitely make the most sense. Also, I like Drakeon more, since we had Wyveon suggested, why not drakes?

Actually, that makes the most sense. If it's a drake it won't have wings, which i think makes sense for and Eeveelution.

I was mostly joking about Wyveon, while I think there should be more Wyvern-like Pokemon (Yveltal FTW!), I don't think an Eeveelution is the place to do it.

Hydreigon is considered steam-lined now? Still, a smooth eeveelution would definitely make the most sense.

Hydreigon might not be "streamlined" I suppose but it's certainly not the kind of rugged beast that Druddigon is, and it's still kind of got that tired "tough but regal" kind of feel to it that pretty much nearly every Dragon-Type has. (Don't get me wrong though I really like Hydreigon, I'm a sucker for anything with multiple heads |D)

I know it's probably going to have a streamlined MAJESTIK design but until it gets revealed I can dream :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

No, you can't dream (well, actually you have your rights, but you get my point, I hope), not with Eevee. Any other Dragon fine, but if I see one more not-streamlined Dragon Eeveelution fan-art I'm going to explode, more so if it's not fan art.

Taking a break from Eevee here, who wants a Druddigon evo? I would actually use this thing instead of cramming it to the back of my PC, never to see the light of day again. But for this poor guy, if he gets anything, I'm sure it'll be a mega... Just look at how they butchered poor Absol.

Druddigon, in all honesty, I think they wouldn't touch it, because it already is the only single-stage dragon type. And, I doubt that there will even be a Draceon. I think it'll be Toxeon, the poison-type eeveelution. And I know my logic isn't `100% sound but, since they introduced Sylveon first, she probably comes first in the Pokedex. And it'll be bad against it's counter part, based on Leafeon and Glaceon and Umbreon and Espeon.

A Poison Eevee could be interesting if they do it right

They probably won't c':

And I'm doubting a Druddigon evolution (Druddigon is fine the way it is anyways), I feel like nothing could really go right there. Druddigon doesn't feel like a Pokemon that should evolve into something, if anything I'd be expecting a pre-evolution. Druddigon feels pretty final-stage. :B

Edited by Pika_Oi

Late but, hoenn not confirmed because the torchic is a distribution special

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/torchic_distribution/

Anyway, if there is another eeveelution I think it would be dragon. Since fairy is effective against dragon, seems like it would be the likely pair for sylveon.

Personally I'd like a ghost eevee. New evolution method by sword item :'D

/terrible, terrible person.

Or make it faint 100 times in battle, evolves to ghost.

(although I suppose that would be the more cruel way, think of the money you'd loose that way)

Skiddo and Bunnelby are cute. Dedenne, however...

Still, オーロット is just fantastic so I'll forget any dumb electric mouse rip-off Pokemon.

Someone already mentioned that, but Blaziken was just extra, it's still quite likely.

Yeah right. Why does Game Freak hate Hoenn?! *Loves Hoenn with a passion* I know there was a lot of outrage when RS first came out because of the inability to transfer and the lack of Pokemon animations, but seriously, couldn't they just fix all that with an amazing new Hoenn adventure?

Oh wait, new info. IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

I just can't see them remaking Hoenn in 3D, not like X&Y, I would also probably like it less that way, but I doubt they could not if they did it. The simple predicament of remaking a game when the newer games have such a different play style outside of battle. (Which has barely changed at all since Gen I.) Do they actually remake it? Or essentially make a new game with a similar map, characters, and story? I don't want a brand new Hoenn with similarities to the old one, I want Hoenn, the place where I trained my Whismur for days on end until finally evolving it into Loudred and then Exploud. The place where I beat Wallace on the first try. Where I made a trend about Drooling Magikarp. Where my Swellow and Sceptile smashed through battle after battle, just so I could have a chance at the Elite Four. Where my Aggron finally managed to learn Iron Tail and take down that annoying Lunatone so I could move on. (Can you tell my save battery died yet?)

I mostly want nostalgia, but with some new Pokemon and the new battle mechanics thrown in at points.

Personally I'd like a ghost eevee. New evolution method by sword item :'D

/terrible, terrible person.

Sounds good to me~ xd.png Bonus--the Eeveelution has bandages on the throat. >D

Re:Hoenn:

GameFreak doesn't hate Hoenn, I'm sure. They're just making choices based on what analysis of the fanbase makes them think would sell best, I'm betting--which sucks for people who don't fall in line with what they think would sell best with the fanbase.

I imagine them remaking it for the 3DS, though. I could see them implementing some of the newer mechanics, but maybe not all of them. Not sure where they'd draw the line.

Either way, they'll have unhappy people--no new mechanics means people who like them getting pissed, and having them will mean people who want a "pure" remake getting pissed. So yeah...

I just don't want the 3D travel style, they can trow everything else in. (Riding Rayquaza anyone?)

I'm surprised they wouldn't think Hoenn would sell well, the majority of fans I've seen want remakes of RSE.

I just don't want the 3D travel style, they can trow everything else in. (Riding Rayquaza anyone?)

I'm surprised they wouldn't think Hoenn would sell well, the majority of fans I've seen want remakes of RSE.

The question is--is that GLOBA fans, or JAPANESE fans?

Some companies based in Japan focus first on the Japanese fanbase, secondly on the global fanbase. *coughNamcowithTalescough*

I dunno how the Japanese fanbase stacks up with the global fanbase in terms of if they'd prefer new games or an RSE remake.

True, but I think Pokemon sells just as well in the US as Japan, then again, to reference a different series, Nintendo took ages putting Mega Man in SSB, and I know most SSB fans I've met have wanted him for a while.

True, but I think Pokemon sells just as well in the US as Japan, then again, to reference a different series, Nintendo took ages putting Mega Man in SSB, and I know most SSB fans I've met have wanted him for a while.

Even if that were the case, that doesn't always mean that the company will look first to the global fanbase or at BOTH the global and Japanese fanbases at the same time.

Sometimes, even if it does well worldwide, they still consider the Japanese fanbase the primary fanbase.

So, unless you know what data a company is using to make their decisions as well as where they're getting their data and why, it's hard to properly speculate since they don't always end up working in ways that seem logical to the rest of us.

I personally think they should look at it on a global level unless they're clearly making the vast majority of their profits strictly in Japan.

However, there's also no way to be sure that the overall idea of the global community is favorable to a certain idea.

I mean, you're most likely to end up talking to people who have similar desires as you--it's how things work, we seem to gravitate towards people who want the same things unless you're in a very clear minority. So it's not always easy to be sure if you're with the majority, or just ending up gravitating towards people who think similarly to you on that subject. (It's a pain sometimes, lol)

Edited by KageSora

I'm never with the majority. (Mega Arceus FTW! <- I still want that.)

Well, maybe not never, but I tend to disagree with most people I run into. (Most people I've seen actually like Fairy type, gaah.)

I know that tons of fans want a Light type, I have mentioned several times that I might go so far as to quit if Game Freak made a Light type. (And I'm mostly serious about that.)

So I don't tend to talk to people I agree with (at least not most of the time), but I'm not sure I talk with the majority either.

No response to whether or not they look on a global level because I'm pretty sure I agreed with you the first time.

It's rather silly to quit over something like a Light type.

Re: Sales - for BW2, Japan made up about 44% of the market while USA made up about 31%. It's still a significant jump, though I think they do tend to think of the global market.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

Has anyone else seen the possible leaked Pokemon supposedly on the official US site sometime in May? Linked here for those who don't want spoilers. I saw it when it was leaked (can't remember if from the main site or not) when someone mentioned it on PokeBeach, but forgot until recently, when I found a screenshot of it on my phone that I took. Thoughts?

Whoa, I hope that's real. An evo of that has so much potential it's crazy! Elec/Fighting, Elec/Normal, Elec/Ground (yes, I do think a ground evo could happen), or even as MW said earlier, Elec/Fire!

It's supposedly Espurr, one of the pokemon mentioned by Pokebeach's leaker. I hope it's real too. If not, it matches Ken Sugimoro's style very well for a fake.

user posted image

Serebii's got some new details coming in on gameplay. Mega evolutions have a button you can hit (if the pokemon that can be mega is in the party and has the corresponding mega stone) on the battle interface.

Also

"Fennekin has the moves Psybeam, Flame Charge, Fire Spin and Tail Whip"

Fire/psychic like, almost totally confirmed (you know, almost because not 100%)