7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

but what would be the point of using the underpowered version?

Er, because you... Want to play with your favorites...?

I guess I just don't get it, since I'm happy losing battles competitively as long as I get to play with Pokemon I like. I wouldn't like it as much to be forced to use a team of Pokemon I don't like just to win a competition.

Er, because you... Want to play with your favorites...?

I guess I just don't get it, since I'm happy losing battles competitively as long as I get to play with Pokemon I like. I wouldn't like it as much to be forced to use a team of Pokemon I don't like just to win a competition.

Sometimes it works out though. When I made my first competitive team, I didn't use my favorites but a lot of those guys became some of my favorites after I got used to using them.

Yeah, but mega Lucario shall never be one of my favorites. I will never even use him, despite it possibly being the difference between losing and winning.

Sometimes it works out though. When I made my first competitive team, I didn't use my favorites but a lot of those guys became some of my favorites after I got used to using them.

True, but I do think it's more fun to make a team of Pokemon I KNOW I love than to hope I'll come to love the team I'm forced into using. But that's just me--I'm also not HUGE on the competitive aspect of it, so...

I mean, sometimes it's fun to use rental Pokemon and all, but generally I prefer to have a team I've become attached to. But then, I also give a variety of Pokemon a shot during the solo play so I have a variety of Pokemon--some of which are good competitively and some of which aren't--to put a team together from.

And again, in the same way that Scyther is nowhere near underpowered despite having an evolution, Lucario by itself is nowhere near underpowered. Take a quick look at its base stats and movepool (and the fact that its completely unnecessary (point out to me what part of Lucario is metal you can't because none of it is metal and don't say the pointless spikes because those are clearly bone of some kind they're white) secondary type is one of the best defensive types in the game.) (Personally infuriating. Disgusting. Lucario makes me very angry. It might as well just be called Mary Suemon) :I

Edited by Pika_Oi

Megas are OK, I'm just hoping for more real evos, more that turn out like Mawile and Kangashkan, and a lot, lot less Blaziken, Lucario, and Absols...

I'm hoping real evos too. *Continues to cry in a corner and hope Chatot doesn't get a mega*

I just had a thought, what do you do when a pokemon is too OP?

Make it more OP. Now, what Pokemon is more OP than any other?

I give you:

Mega Arceus

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Arceus has the highest base stat total of anything ever though, it doesn't need to be any more unfair than it already is :c

While we would all hate it, it's not that unlikely. I mean, we have Newtwo.

Exactly.

And Pika, that's exactly why it wouldn't matter. Arceus is already so OP that making it more OP won't make much of a difference.

Actually, I can see a Mega-Arceus movie becoming a huge marketing tool for X and Y.

*Can totally see that too* I want that now, that would make up for this nightmare of a mechanic.

Hehe, I think it would just tick off every Pokefan out there. Or at least, the ones who have been here since gen four or older. In fact, I'll bet all the 7 year olds out there are like "EEEEEE! ERMAHGERD DIS IS DA BEST TING EVAR!"

Hehe, I think it would just tick off every Pokefan out there. Or at least, the ones who have been here since gen four or older. In fact, I'll bet all the 7 year olds out there are like "EEEEEE! ERMAHGERD DIS IS DA BEST TING EVAR!"

Please don't generalize all us older fans as hating anything like that, it's rather annoying. :|

As a fan since before Yellow came out... I would get a huge kick outta Mega Arceus, it would be great, and I wouldn't care if they used it as a marketing tool for X/Y.

Edited by KageSora

Am I the only one who doesn't see it being a problem? If you don't like it, don't use it. I don't even have an Arceus...

EDIT: Ninja'd. Apparently I'm not the only one. |D

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

My problem with it would lie in the fact that it'd probably be so overpowered it'd be nigh-impossible to take down one without it at very least wiping the floor with at least half your party if you're lucky, even if you're using other Ubers, unless you're using another Mega Arceus. :N

Edited by Pika_Oi

That's why I'm glad regular megas aren't permanent, I expect them to be like that. I would love Mega Arceus, like I said before, that would make up for the horror of mega-Pokemon.

I doubt the Megas that have been already revealed are going to have all their base stats past 120 and be able to be any type.

Edited by Pika_Oi

I mean that they would sweep your team and the only way to counter them would be with another mega. It's probably going to be like Slowking in the TGC, whoever takes out the other person's mega first wins. At least with all the seven-year-olds.

If their base stats aren't as ridiculously high as a Mega Arceus's would be there'll be a way to counter them with non-Mega Pokemon. Just like it's not guaranteed that a Legendary will beat a "regular" Pokemon despite generally having larger base stat totals. :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

I actually like the mega pokemon mechanic?? I've been playing since Emerald so I might not count as an old fan but unu; i think it could be fun

Edited by Switch