7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I really really don't like some of the designs for some of the ones so far (although the ones I don't dislike I do like a lot) but I don't really have a problem with the mechanic itself. :V

Just wouldn't want a Mega Arceus because it wouldn't be possible to defeat without another Mega Arceus.

Edited by Pika_Oi

If their base stats aren't as ridiculously high as a Mega Arceus's would be there'll be a way to counter them with non-Mega Pokemon. Just like it's not guaranteed that a Legendary will beat a "regular" Pokemon despite generally having larger base stat totals. :V

You can't stop that argument halfway, Mega Arcues would still be able to be defeated by non-Mega Arceus legendaries, it would be just like fighting a normal legendary, Mewtwo for example, with normal OU Pokemon. And I expect megas will be on par with regular legendaries.

Of course, I could be right and megas will be able to sweep practically anything in OU. Then Mega Arceus would probably be far too powerful to fight anything and be banned from competitive battling, so what? It can be something you use to stomp your friends who haven't gotten one yet, just a fun little gimmick.

yeah I doubt they'd do a mega arceus personally. I like most of the designs but I don't hate many pokemon designs at all. I'm not that picky.

I kinda wish it was a little more... i guess you could say uniform, with what pokemon get megalutions, but I like it still.

It can be something you use to stomp your friends who haven't gotten one yet

That's exactly why I don't want it. :V

It would be no different than facing a friend with a Lvl. 100 Black Kyurem while you're still trying to get regular Kyurem.

vs, oh, say,

Might not look it but it's quite different.

Not necessarily. Black Kyurem's 90 and 95 in Special Defense and Speed respectively at least mean it's slayable if you've got a fast enough Special Attacker.

Again, not necessarily true. And why would you be battling on something other than Flat if you're that far behind anyways?

But your stats would still be lower, which is why my Weavile can beat my friends whole team, with minor backup from Latios, in a flat. (Whole team of legendaries. And he's not that bad a battler, he's beat me before back when we had equal teams in DPP.)

Well, this would still be an entirely different situation. Even if you both had already beaten the game and postgame and had gotten both your teams as strong as possible, whoever has Mega Arceus is still going to wipe the floor unless the other person battling also has Mega Arceus.

No, it's the same situation at different levels of combat. The ratio of barely-past-the-elite-four/high-level-kyurem is pretty similar to high-level-kyurem/Mega-Arceus

Sticking to ratios, 2/5 is the same as 4/10, even though 10 is a lot higher than 4 than 5 is to 2.

Think of Pokemon as being on levels 1-10. Mega Arceus would be ten, Black Kyurem would be 5 (just for this example).

After beating the elite four you have a team of level twos (again, just for this example)

Your Pokemon are all three levels weaker than your friends Black Kyurem, he stomps you with it.

So you finally get your Pokemon up to level 4 (which is still worse than Black Kyurem) and your friend has Mega Arceus, despite it being more of a challenge to beat it the ratio is still the same, there's the same level of balance.

Though I honestly don't see how any of this matters, it wouldn't be allowed competitively, no way, so you would only be using it in the battles you have with your friends for fun, who cares if they stomp you? It just gives you more reason to train your Weavile to eventually OHKO their stupid Reshiram rather than 2HKOing it, and letting it take you down to 5 HP, so you have to waste your time using Latios to stall for it you while you wait for the launcher to get to a usable HP-restoring item.

EDIT: Oh wait no, that's me...

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Upon thinking, even though all their designs, except Khangaskin, are horrible, this could be a good idea, as long as Pokemon is smart with it, and doesn't go overboard, like Blaziken with maybe just a lot higher attack, and itss other stats only raised by like, five or ten points.

Meh, not keen on the Megas. I feel like I fell into another series and keep looking for the way back to the Pokemon world... >.>

But for those of you worrying about Mega Arceus, don't yet. From the sound of it the Pokemon has to be HOLDING THE MEGA STONE to go Mega--so your current list of counters may include:

Thief

Covet

Knock Off

Trick

Switcheroo

Skill Swap or Entrainment Klutz

Magic Room

Embargo

These are just the moves that exist currently; Gen VI may add more. This is ALSO just assuming that holding the Mega Stone is the ONLY requirement, which has been implied is not the case. If, for example, a Mega form only triggers when a Pokemon is at < 25% HP, then you just boost up the relevant attack stat on your Pokemon and OHKO it so it doesn't get to that stage.

It also means if they go Mega, you KNOW they aren't going to be holding a Focus Sash, Leftovers, or any kind of status-healing item.

What 6th gen Pokemon do you think will have a mega? I hope Malamar will.

Me too, and Skrelp/its evolution if it ends up having one :V

Meh, not keen on the Megas. I feel like I fell into another series and keep looking for the way back to the Pokemon world... >.>

But for those of you worrying about Mega Arceus, don't yet. From the sound of it the Pokemon has to be HOLDING THE MEGA STONE to go Mega--so your current list of counters may include:

Thief

Covet

Knock Off

Trick

Switcheroo

Skill Swap or Entrainment Klutz

Magic Room

Embargo

These are just the moves that exist currently; Gen VI may add more. This is ALSO just assuming that holding the Mega Stone is the ONLY requirement, which has been implied is not the case. If, for example, a Mega form only triggers when a Pokemon is at < 25% HP, then you just boost up the relevant attack stat on your Pokemon and OHKO it so it doesn't get to that stage.

It also means if they go Mega, you KNOW they aren't going to be holding a Focus Sash, Leftovers, or any kind of status-healing item.

To add on to that, MegaArceus would have to be normal type. Holding the Arcuesnite-thingy = no holding plates = no type change.

Edited by PieMaster

That too, I forgot about that.

Though they might make it a different type in mega form.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Haha the official pokemon site lists that Absol doesn't actually have wings in the mega form. It's the hair standing up on end :'D

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/

I find that information really amusing and I'm ok with the "wings" now.

Also, seeing the front side of megamawile, really like that one now. Kind of reminds me of the Miko look.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Haha the official pokemon site lists that Absol doesn't actually have wings in the mega form. It's the hair standing up on end :'D

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/

I find that information really amusing and I'm ok with the "wings" now.

Also, seeing the front side of megamawile, really like that one now. Kind of reminds me of the Miko look.

Haha, that made me feel a little better too. It's probably obvious but Absol is my favorite Pokemon.

Seeing the official game look of the megas and all angles of them is making me warm up to them more. Mega-Lucario looks better than the official art (I think it's the dreadlocks that really turned me off on the design) (still isn't my favorite).

MegaAbsol is warming up to be my favorite of the megas seeing it from all angles now (and knowing they didn't just add random appendages to it)