7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

*just realized there are no peafowl Pokemon after reading Lady_Nightfox's post*

I'm not getting tired of birds. I like most bird 'mons. I somehow always end up with a region-bird in my party (as in Pidgey, Hoothoot, Tailow, Starly, and Pidove). Even if I don't plan on it in the beginning, I always end up with one. ._.

That being said, it's nice to see one that isn't Normal/Flying.

Even though there aren't very many dragon pokemon (which is ok in my opinion, dragons should be elusive), they have significantly improved since then. And if anything are very overpowered. It will be nice to take down some of these dragon teams with something other than ice pokemon. (or other dragons of course)

First: What's wrong with ice types? *Narrows eyes*

Second: I have never had any more problem with dragon types than any other type, that's typing though, many dragon types have good stats and movepools, which is the real reason they are a threat.

If any type is OP it's steel.

Oh man they should make a peafowl Pokemon. That would be awesome.

First: What's wrong with ice types? *Narrows eyes*

Second: I have never had any more problem with dragon types than any other type, that's typing though, many dragon types have good stats and movepools, which is the real reason they are a threat.

If any type is OP it's steel.

They are slow, and weak to fire, which most dragon types have access to.

So in a battle, a dragon type would out speed an ice with a fire move. OHKO.

Steel is the Best type defensively, but it's a wall. They aren't generally known for speed or attack. Again, with a fire type, Outs peed, and OHKO.

And YES on the peafowl Pokémon! It could be a flying/psychic. (all those eye spots)

Ahem, slow? You just stereotypes all ice types as slow didn't you? And just because dragons can beat steel doesn't make them better, that's like saying grass is better than water.

Dragon-Types tend to be pseudo-legendaries (if not actual legendaries) and therefore tend to have higher base-stat totals than your average Ice-Type (as well as usually having vast enough movepools to ensure that they can dispatch nearly anything), so it does stand to reason that most of them would probably be able to land a Flamethrower on your average Ice-Type without too much trouble.

I don't like it much either but that's the way it is. :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

That's true, but that just proves my point, it's not the typing that needs fixed, it's the stats.

EDIT: BTW, my Weavile took out my friends Reshiram, I don't know the stats (EVs/IVs), but it was in a flat Lvl. 50 battle. It was a 2HKO, it ended up with only a few HP and went on to be one of only two of my Pokemon to KO anything that battle, I let him bring a lot of legendaries or my other Pokemon probably would have done more.

EDIT 2: Which reminds me I need to train my Weavile, it's only like a Lvl. 75.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I suppose pseudo-legendaries (and legendaries) don't flat out dominate everything 100% of the time though

In my current team my Minun and Klinklang or my Durant generally do more sweeping of teams (legendaries included) than my Tyranitar does... Although to be fair I haven't used him enough in battles post-evolution to judge that just yet I suppose. :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

Anyway, my original point was that as a type dragon isn't OP, it's the stats given to dragons in general, and the fact that they can learn many different moves.

Which is why normal types tend to suck. (Wait no, normal types don't have high stats, but they generally have large movepools, where am I going with this? I'm lost.)

Ahem, slow? You just stereotypes all ice types as slow didn't you? And just because dragons can beat steel doesn't make them better, that's like saying grass is better than water.

That's true, Weavile is one of the fastest Pokemon to ever exist, its the 9th fastest if you don't count the Deoxys forms.

There's also Frolass. There are no dragon types that can outrun a max speed Weavile, unless said Weavile is without a Choice Scarf and said dragon type is not. Frolass only has two OU dragon types, three dragon types and Arceus if you count Ubers, that have higher speed stats. 1/4 of all ice-types are in the top 200 in speed. Reference

Math:

there are 31 ice types, 8 of which are in the top 200 in speed.

8/32=1/4 I rounded a bit and didn't count Arceus.

That's true, Weavile is one of the fastest Pokemon to ever exist, its the 9th fastest if you don't count the Deoxys forms.

Weavile is dual typed, meaning it has traits of both ice types and dark types.

Pure Ice types are generally slow.

Weavile is dual typed, meaning it has traits of both ice types and dark types.

Pure Ice types are generally slow.

Dark types aren't generally fast.

Ahem, aren't we supposed to be discussing about the X and Y games? Not typing? Talk about which type is better here as this isn't the place for it. Thanks.

Now back to X and Y discussions.

I'm actually excited for these two... I'm not too sure about Fairy though... it's a change I would have preferred not happen- pry just because I've been playing since the first games... and it wasn't there.... nor does it seem really natural for it to be- but it'll add a twist. So I suppose I'll live.

The lack of different bird types, to me, is kinda funny. They based a lot of the birds off of Pidgey and Spearow, yeah, but there's a few others around (i forgot what they were aside from the ducks) that were unexpected. I hope they'll continue to drudge up more bird types from the real world instead of continually basing them off of pokemon already there. It gets old after a while. But I am excited about Talonflame and that cute little birdy is gonna be in my party.

As for the canine-feline pokemons.... could they stop? There's enough to basically take over the world with just canines and maybe a feline or two. Add something different for a change maybe? I'm sure we wouldn't mind a few different animals, like a camel again? We only got Numel and Camerupt.... yet we get like 6 copies of every other canine or feline thing in any pokemon game. Or another cow? How about a rooster?

They're putting in a goat pokemon (forgot his name too) which I think is kinda cool. I sure hope we can ride other pokemon than just Rhyhorn and that goat.

Also, anyone else feel the same about adding more eeveelutions? Probably not.... but, after this one, I'd like to not see another one for a good few years. We've got eight now. We didn't have enough to fit them all in our party before.... and now certainly don't xd.png but I suppose it's only because there's a new type... but still... we don't need more. We could do enough damage with the basic ones as it was....

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Average base speed for ice types is 69.

Average Base speed for dark types is 73

Weavile's base speed is 125

Weavile is an outlier in the data set. It is not the representation of the average.

In general ice types are slow.

And the whole typing discussion spawned from talking about if dragon needed fairy to be balanced out

Edited by sailing101

Average base speed for ice types is 69.

Average Base speed for dark types is 73

Weavile's base speed is 125

Weavile is an outlier in the data set. It is not the representation of the average.

In general ice types are slow.

And the whole typing discussion spawned from talking about if dragon needed fairy to be balanced out

As I said before, Dark types aren't much faster. ANd you're contradiciting yourself, earlier, you said Weavile has qualities of both ice and dark types, which is it?

That's wasn't my argument, my agrument wasn't just for Weavile, I was mostly referring to Frolass actually, which I feel should have been retyped as an ice/fairy, though having an ice/ghost is cool.

My argument remains that as a type dragon is not OP, it's the stats. They should have brought up some psuedo-legendary ice-types rather than making a new type.

And it isn't talking about that anymore. Typing discussion should be in the thread i pointed out just barely a page before.

Talk about X and Y stuff. Not types. There's another thread for that.

Yeah, DH is right. While the core of the discussion was supposed to be about whether dragon was OP, we're getting a little off-topic.

DH, do think dragon is OP and needs fairy type to counter it?

I stated in my other post that I don't care for fairy typing to begin with. I wish they never added it to the game.... but I'll blame that on me being all nastalgic and whatnot. Playing the games since they started will do that to you.

What I am happy about though, is, despite this fairy stuff, I finally have Cleffa, Clefairy and Clefable making sense.... and I liked Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff as Normal types. I mean c'mon, their name was Pudding and Custard before xd.png how can that be fairy??

Besides all that, I look forward to actually using my 3ds I got specifically for these games.... White 2 looks completely pixalated on it.... and I don't have that dreamweaversearcher thingamabob that you pay 3 bucks for or something.... so I don't really need it on the 3ds.

But the graphics for the games (and the mechanics- pokemon riding!?) for these I look forward to. That and good story development. But it makes me wonder who the bad people will be.... I'm kinda missing Team Rocket and their goons xd.png

Yeah, I'm very nostalgic, my favorite game is still FireRed. (I'm getting to X/Y) I am looking forward to the graphics, if I can get a 3DS in time, and some of the new Pokemon.

I think the Jigglypuff line needed some help, but I'm not sure a fairy type was any good.

I feel that in typing steel is more OP than dragon and that dragons just have better stats. If they had to add a new type it should be to balance that.

I miss Team Rocket too, more nostalgia I guess.

I'm not worried about pixelated, I till play Yellow from time to time.

I am really looking forward to the new battle style, I love rotation battles, so I'm hoping this will be even better.

I like the Igglybuff line being fairy type. It provides for some hilarious ragecomics along the lines of "Buffy the Dragon Slayer!"

Heh, funny thing with me and pixalated games...

Red, Green, Blue, Silver, Gold, Crystal and Yellow.... I'm fine with being 'pixalted' because I'm used to it. Completely.

When it comes to Black and White, and Black2/White 2... I'm... not xd.png why? I'm not used to them being pixalated. I'm not used to anything being on a giant screen either (I got the 3ds XL as a gift from a friend for letting them barrow Black2) so that might be why everything's all pixalated....

the new battle style seems awesome! I can't wait to see everything be all like "Haaha! I did this and look how awesome it was!!" "That was just tailwhip..." "But it was still awesome!!"

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Yeah, I loved the idea of double battles, and until rotation battles they were my favorites. The new battle style looks interesting, it'd be cool to pit my Weavile against a bunch of Axew and Gible, see if with such numbers it can win with its high speed and low defenses.

They look to me like you would want to send out defensive Pokemon and not sweepers to do all the work.

As for the canine-feline pokemons.... could they stop? There's enough to basically take over the world with just canines and maybe a feline or two. Add something different for a change maybe?  I'm sure we wouldn't mind a few different animals, like a camel again? We only got Numel and Camerupt.... yet we get like 6 copies of every other canine or feline thing in any pokemon game.  Or another cow? How about a rooster?

Yes

There are so many different animals and concepts and even objects to base Pokemon off of (well, not that they're not making more besides the feline/canines but still) and we have more than enough canines and felines and felicanines and felicanineesque things

I would enjoy a cockroach or a backswimmer (or another cicada because I am a sucker for them)

Or even like an echidna or a pipefish or something would be nice doesn't HAVE to be insects :V