kiffren

Pokemon General Discussion

This general discussion thread is for everything that isn't covered in the other topics:

Please keep it civil and have fun. If anyone wants relevant links in this post, feel free to PM me or any other GD mod. Edited by kiffren

I hope this is the right place for it since i know no new threads can be started on these games (unless new ones are coming out) and I have a question on transfering.

I am getting this error on Sapphire, Ruby, and now my Emerald version. I want to transfer them over to my Diamond version so I can move them over to Silver and continue to do that until I can get them to the storage box that is coming out with Pokemon X & Y. My FireRed and LeafGreen are fine at the moment luckily.

Anyway can you still transfer them even though that part of it is dead? Would resetting them fix that error or what can be done about it? I'd like to reset them after doing that so I can run through them again just for the fun of it since a remake is probably not in the works any time soon.

I hope this is the right place for it since i know no new threads can be started on these games (unless new ones are coming out) and I have a question on transfering.

I am getting this error on Sapphire, Ruby, and now my Emerald version. I want to transfer them over to my Diamond version so I can move them over to Silver and continue to do that until I can get them to the storage box that is coming out with Pokemon X & Y. My FireRed and LeafGreen are fine at the moment luckily.

Anyway can you still transfer them even though that part of it is dead? Would resetting them fix that error or what can be done about it? I'd like to reset them after doing that so I can run through them again just for the fun of it since a remake is probably not in the works any time soon.

What error?

Oops I thought I had posted the error message! So sorry!

Here it is:

"The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur."

I believe that refers to the battery in the cartridge itself, so you'd have to open the cartridge and change the cell battery. I remember a similar problem happened with Crystal years ago when the internal battery went dead. The battery shouldn't affect your ability to do trades.

I think there's a fix for that that involves connecting the R/S game to a FR/LG game, let me see...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ber...d_Emerald_patch

Yeah I've read that but the thing is that this can happen /if/ the battery does die as well so I don't know if it's from that or the actual glitch. Like I said I'd really like to transfer my pokemon from those versions over to Pearl and then on over to Black so I can get them to the Pokemon Banks.

I believe that refers to the battery in the cartridge itself, so you'd have to open the cartridge and change the cell battery. I remember a similar problem happened with Crystal years ago when the internal battery went dead. The battery shouldn't affect your ability to do trades.

Okay so say I did open them up and put a new battery in them. Would they all still work as they did? Like I could do that with my Red and older cartridges to replay them?

Yes, they should work, though I've never heard of anyone trying with the original Red/Blue/Yellow games.

I have FireRed, and it no longer saves, is that the same problem as with the clock, or something different?

EDIT: I also have Gold, LeafGreen, and Emerald that don't save either.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

The save issue sounds like another problem entirely. You can try to change the battery on one game to see if that fixes the problem, but if not it sounds like you need a new copy of the game. It could be something with your GBA, do you have an extra system you can test it on?

Yeah, I've tried it with my DS too. My GBA works okay. I'm unsure about the LeafGreen and FireRed's authenticity, but Gold is definitely real.

I'll probably check over Emerald later, just in case. Emerald and FireRed always save when I use my GBA, until I beat the Elite Four, then they just sort of die. And their clocks don't work. Gold and LeafGreen never save. And Emerald and FireRed delete every time I use them in my DS

My Yellow Version says the same thing about the battery. I've wanted to have the battery replaced, but I was unsure what would happen if I tried it myself. I've had it since my 11th b-day and didn't want to break it.

I have a question for PurpleDragonClaw, your pokemon GPX image in the your signature, how do you add your pokemon to your sig and have it actually show the image? I tried it earlier this morning and it only shows the url without the link and no image.

I'd like to show the small images of my pokemon, but don't know how. I just made my account for it last night and got some really neat pokemon from the shelter/safari.

Dang, alright, Emerald is fake too. No wonder. I'm now amazed they save at all. I was wondering about the battery because they seem to save as long as I leave them in the GBA and replace the GBA batteries quickly. Thought it might have something to do with the clock battery. If I recall correctly, I haven't played in a while, Emerald tells me that the clock batter is out. I still know Gold is legit. (I got it from my friend who got it when it was new.) Oh well. (I was hoping to be able to actually beat the Elite Four on Emerald.)

Sorry to hear about the fake versions of your games, Master. I wouldn't even recommend trying to buy new copies since the classic Pokemon games go for hundreds of dollars now, but if you can see if you can track down a used copy, those should still be pretty cheap.

Syiren, sending you a PM.

Fake pokemon games?! Of all the, that's just so wrong. I mean it's one thing if you dowload the game file from the internet and put it into a playable cartrage for personal use, but to make a fake one and sell it to a person who thinks they're getting a real one? That's beyond wrong.

I would love to find another yellow version. But I'll go to Gamestop for that. At least I know they test their stuff, at least the store near where I live does.

Alrighty, I'll go check my inbox. ^^

Usually you can identify a fake by the sticker on the cartridge (or the cartridge itself in some cases), I've actually spotted a few in used games cases in stores before. Kind of sucks that people do that, but it's not really surprising :N

Although usually fake R/S/E games can connect with real ones no problem (they just don't work with D/P/P transferring), so you could probably trade the Pokemon from the fake games to a real one (if you have a link cable) if you ever need to do that (although if they can't save I'm not sure if they'd be able to or not). I have an obviously fake game (it's a hackrom dumped onto a cartridge and it's pink and labelled "Pokemon Pearl", ha) and it's connected to my legit Ruby cartridge fine before :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

Yeah, I've traded from FireRed before. I don't really care to much about transferring, but I'd like to be able to beat the Elite Four. :/

I don't have any other GBA Pokemon games, I do have a friend with Ruby and Sapphire, so if I really wanted to transfer I could ask him. (I do happen to have a link cable.)

I honestly didn't know about fakes until like a month ago. And they do play fine in my GBA, well, did. Emerald still plays, but deletes when you reach the Elite Four. And FireRed worked before, but ever since I stuck it in my DS. Oh well, it's not like I was super attached or anything. (Unlike I am to my Yellow, Pearl, and Black 2.)

Still hope I can find a way to fix Gold. I'm pretty sure I just need to replace the battery, at this point I just need to get the battery I guess.

(This is a bit off topic) I have an authentic Super Mario Bros. 3 game somewhere, if only I could find it. tongue.gif

The Emerald actually looks really authentic, from what I can tell, the only difference from a real one is that the tag isn't glossy. (The main giveaway.) LeafGreen is covered in typos now that I look at it, going over FireRed to see if it has any other signs besides the face right now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and FireRed and LeafGreen both give save corruption errors

EDIT 2: Sorry if I sound whiny BTW, I'm actually intrigued by this. I might take the games apart, see if they look different on the inside. And since they're already hacked I might not feel too bad totally wrecking the ROMs. (I.E. Hacking them more. Which I would love to do, but would feel wrong doing on a legit game.)

Non-working save files are also a case of an internal battery gone dry/dead. If you have cartridges that no longer save, replacing the battery should fix that.

Finding authentic games nowadays is hard :c I'm lucky, there's a hole in the wall game store near me that buys really old stuff and sells it. I found myself a really nice looking copy of Red (they had blue, also, but it looked very well worn).

Also, Syiren, Game Stop won't have Pokemon Yellow. It doesn't carry Gameboy games anymore(hasn't for a few years, actually) so you'll only find DS games there.

Some smaller Gamestops still sell GBA games, but yeah I haven't seen GBC games in any for years :L

Mine usually has a few games. Not Pokemon, usually games that no one would ever buy, but it has them.

I'm attempting to find some way to open up Gold ATM, randomly had the proper type of battery laying around the house, so Ima attempt to fix it.

Shiny Hazard's got a point. I have a red version, but it only saves up until you beat Brock and head out of Pewter City, after that the game erases itself the next time you start it up.

If I can find where I put it I may try a little experiment with it and see how high I can raise my starter before I challenge him. I wonder if a Charizard would listen to me without a single badge or if they're all like Ash's. xd.png

-----------

Awe, that bites. I was thinking of going down there this weekend. Phooey. Maybe I can try to get another Emerald version. I saw a Sapphire and Emerald version there two weeks ago.

I'm also hoping to get lucky. The last used pokemon game that I got from there still had the previous owner's file and he had some neat lv 100's and a shiny Charizard. Boy, was I a happy camper that day. biggrin.gif

Edited by Syiren

Shiny Hazard's got a point. I have a red version, but it only saves up until you beat Brock and head out of Pewter City, after that the game erases itself the next time you start it up.

If I can find where I put it I may try a little experiment with it and see how high I can raise my starter before I challenge him. I wonder if a Charizard would listen to me without a single badge or if they're all like Ash's. xd.png

-----------

Awe, that bites. I was thinking of going down there this weekend. Phooey. Maybe I can try to get another Emerald version. I saw a Sapphire and Emerald version there two weeks ago.

I'm also hoping to get lucky. The last used pokemon game that I got from there still had the previous owner's file and he had some neat lv 100's and a shiny Charizard. Boy, was I a happy camper that day. biggrin.gif

Your own Pokemon don't care how many badges you have.

I think it would be cool if they did care, it would add a bit of challenge to training them earlier on.

lol, I know, I just thought it was funny trying to picture myself all burnt and crispy. xd.png

Though, it would be nice if you had to gain the trust of your pokemon. Remeber in Yellow version when you first get pikachu how it didn't like you very much?

I wondered what would happen if you got it really mad and lost a few times on purpose. It's ears twitched and it turned it's back on me. It took almost to the end of the Viridian forest before he started to smile at me again. .....Besides when I caught some pokemon.

I have two questions for you guys about the Yellow version if you've played it. It's based on curiosity. Has anyone talked to pikachu right after they used a fishing rod and also right after teaching them an electric attack?

If so, what did you think about his reaction? :3

I probably have, don't remember. I love the way Pix jumps for joy immediately after the Elite Four