7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

GUYS. GUYS. GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

Guys I got it

"Flairy".

Eh? Eeeehhh???

Seriously though I'm humoured. Team Changeling woulda been pretty boss. Every team is Ditto.

What I find interesting is I read team flare is in it for money. Not stealing pokemon to rule the world, not awakening god-beasts, not liberating pokemon, etc. Just in it for the pokedollars.

I hope that spritzee at least gets to be a flamingo plague doctor. I really want a flamingo pokemon xd.png

I keep seeing more and more drawings (different each time) of the tree monster and I still don't like it.

And my only other dislike is talonflame because that name is awful. The pokemon itself is cool looking. If I get it I just have to give a it nice nickname and pretend they didn't name a pokemon something that lame.

Other than those little complaints, I am totally ready for October.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Fairy as evil? You have to be joking, they would need an evil/fairy type for sure.

I meant come up with a different name than Flare or Flair if they made a fairy type team.

The name Talonflame is about as lame as Charizard or Sandslash, though not nearly as lame as Mr. Mime (or as creepy), lol.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Yeah, Talonflame... That sounds like what you'd nickname it, not what it's actual name should be. xd.png I probably woulda named it Flametalon, lol. /bad with names

But definitely, that one, in the name department... Meh, I nickname all of mine anyway, so it's not like it matters to me. xd.png

Sandslash is a good example of names xd.png

Still, the Japanese translation of the name is flare, sparrow, and arrow.

They could have named it something like flarrow but I guess maybe that's too close to fearow.

Am I the only one on the edge of their seat waiting for a salamander water starter? We had mudkip, not to mention countless other frogish-water types, but yet we still have to deal with another...

And Talonflame? First a frog starter, and now... this?!

Technically team Magma was a Ground-type team because Groudon was a ground-type and their ambition was to increase land mass. The fire types they used were dual with either ground or rock.

That being said, I wonder if Team Flare is a professional organization of Pokemon Hunters? Stealing pokemon and using/selling them for nefarious means to get money.

One of the team aqua grunts complains that they are off calling themselves team magma, and the only duel-ground type they use is Numel/Camerupt. (Not to mention Slugma doesn't become a rock type until it evolves.)

I have no problem with the tree thing, except that it has already been done.

One of the team aqua grunts complains that they are off calling themselves team magma, and the only duel-ground type they use is Numel/Camerupt. (Not to mention Slugma doesn't become a rock type until it evolves.)

I have no problem with the tree thing, except that it has already been done.

Well yeah, Team Magma. Magma is molten earth/rock. And I forgot about Slugma, but it does become rock/fire and is based on Magma itself, same with Numel's line based on Volcanoes. But Team Magma is still considered a ground-type team, not a fire type team.

The tree thing hasn't been done? Not like this, anyway, not in Pokemon.

This new tree doesn't even look anything like Shiftry anyways... And Shiftry's not even a tree, it's a tengu... :B

But how many tree-type Pokemon have there been compared to others? Not very many.

The only other big one is Sudowoodo.

Pika_Oi: Eh. Tengu and treant influences.

Either way, generic fox/dog creatures have been done way more than trees, and trees have some wicked variation.

Pika_Oi: Eh. Tengu and treant influences.

Either way, generic fox/dog creatures have been done way more than trees, and trees have some wicked variation.

I never thought of Shiftry as a tengu before, but, it's Japanese name pretty obviously stems from it.

Ahaha yeah bless the Shiftry line, it's wonderful. <3

Looked into this guy a bit more! You guys are talking about Aurotto, right? Loving him. What a wonderful take on the typical Halloween tree. So! We have a scary, "eyes in the bark" tree, a tree based on petrified wood (maybe with a slight nod to Nurikabe), and a tree line based off of a vicious, forest youkai and talking trees folklore in general. Sounds pretty diverse to me. We haven't even begun on the weird shapes trees can grow in or how different they can be.

There's nothing wrong with just disliking the tree pokes, but they most certainly aren't repetitive. =(

Yes my opinion might change once we see the official artwork.

Although, regardless of design, I am a little excited for a ghost/grass type pokemon (as speculated). It's not really a special moveset or battle stats or anything I just like seeing all the different type combos there could ever be ever.

But how many tree-type Pokemon have there been compared to others? Not very many.

True.

I'm getting tired of birds, but they are sort of a tradition.

I like the new steel/ghost type, I think there should be more odd combinations like that, and more normal/somethings. There are never enough of those. (Bibarel FTW!)

THe thing is, my problem with fairy types, is A. they were made to counter dragon types, and it's a bit late for that. Plus, there are only thirty non-legendary dragon types, a bit much to make a whole new type to counter thirty. And also, I just wanna see one badass fairy type. Sure all the fairy types are cute and cuddly so far, but just one cool one. Like retype Granbull and Snubull as fairy types, and then make a cool one, (Non dual type). And also, speaking of dual type fairy, we have yet to see one

THe thing is, my problem with fairy types, is A. they were made to counter dragon types, and it's a bit late for that. Plus, there are only thirty non-legendary dragon types, a bit much to make a whole new type to counter thirty. And also, I just wanna see one badass fairy type. Sure all the fairy types are cute and cuddly so far, but just one cool one. Like retype Granbull and Snubull as fairy types, and then make a cool one, (Non dual type). And also, speaking of dual  type fairy, we have yet to see one

Well, Gardevoir became psychic/fairy. ovo So there's that. Unless you meant new fairy types.

As for cool pokemon, I'm hoping Spritzee will become some kind of fairy/poison fluffy pink creepy plague doctor pokemon or something.

Speaking of, I want the fairy type gym leader to be some really intimidating manly buff guy dressed in pink fairy themed clothes. Probably won't happen though. Asssuming the fairy type gym leader hasn't been revealed. If they have I missed it.

Edited by Switch

THe thing is, my problem with fairy types, is A. they were made to counter dragon types, and it's a bit late for that. Plus, there are only thirty non-legendary dragon types, a bit much to make a whole new type to counter thirty. And also, I just wanna see one badass fairy type. Sure all the fairy types are cute and cuddly so far, but just one cool one. Like retype Granbull and Snubull as fairy types, and then make a cool one, (Non dual type). And also, speaking of dual type fairy, we have yet to see one

Well, dragon type wasn't always the issue that it was. In first gen it was pretty laughable.

Well Xerneas is a pretty cool looking pokemon (in my opinion) and it's fairy type.

I think Disney severely tarnished the fairy image. I mean, in the old fairy tales and myths fairies weren't all cutesy fairy dust girly tinker bell. A lot of them were mischievous, nasty, grotesque, malevolent, etc.

Gen 1 dragon was.... so bad. I mean, The only dragon moves the dragon pokemon had (all three of them) was dragon rage, and with a set hp damage it did it was pretty useless after a certain level.

Even though there aren't very many dragon pokemon (which is ok in my opinion, dragons should be elusive), they have significantly improved since then. And if anything are very overpowered. It will be nice to take down some of these dragon teams with something other than ice pokemon. (or other dragons of course)

Next, While I agree totally on there are wayyy too many canine/lupine pokemon (coming from the person with fox in their username xd.png), I don't see too many birds as a problem as long as they keep the forms varied. I mean, there are a ton of bird species in real life, so I think it's OK to reflect that in pokemon, it's just, the pidgey/sparrow clone lines are kind of obnoxious, when there are so many varieties of birds they can base them on.

On that matter, I wouldn't mind seeing other canine pokemon if they base them on a variety of species, or breeds of dogs. Not just fox, wolf, generic dog, but like, specific unique breed. (Herdier was in the right direction)