7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Thanks KageSora.

Also yes, I know fairies as primarily mischief makers. Only reason I could see that they'd beat dragons is because they're small, tough, magic imbued little things. A lot of terror in those little bodies. =/ But concerning pokemon lores reasoning? Who knows.

I think the reason is something cheasy like "Love and kindness is better than force and brute strength," or some crap like that.

I think it's more along the lines of something I read on memebase.

Fairy tales do more than tell us that dragons exist.

They tell us that dragons can be beaten.

Edited by sailing101

Also in a lot of fairy tales, dragons were slain only with weapons enchanted with fairy magic.

Also, dragons are killed in "fairy tales".

That's been the reasoning so far that makes sense to me.

Also, why not? I don't see why it wouldn't make sense. How does a bird beat a trained fighter? tongue.gif How are bugs stronger than dark/evil?

It doesn't always have to make perfect undeniable sense like fire > grass.

How does a bird beat a trained fighter?

Relevant.

user posted image

How does a bird beat a trained fighter?

I figure it has to do with the fact that the Fighting type seems to be based on MELEE fighting. If there were an Artillery type, it would probably be super-effective vs. birds. ninja.gif

But there are PLENTY of stories of faries being mischievous or downright nasty, they're not all nice little critters. And plenty of stories of dragons that are cunning or kind rather than just relying on brute force.

^ This. I've read many many books where dragons have been good and more likely to use their heads than they are brute force. And while I haven't seen any stories about fairies being mischievous, I have to admit that I haven't really had any interest in reading up on them, and wouldn't doubt it. Often times the things that appear sweet and innocent, aren't at all.

^ This.  I've read many many books where dragons have been good and more likely to use their heads than they are brute force.  And while I haven't seen any stories about fairies being mischievous, I have to admit that I haven't really had any interest in reading up on them, and wouldn't doubt it.  Often times the things that appear sweet and innocent, aren't at all.

I'd say they're mischievous more often than not, honestly. A Midsummer Night's Dream is pretty spot-on.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

Possessed sword Pokemon? Possessed sword Pokemon. c:

It's so rad ;A;

I know people are going to moan about it (just like they moaned about ice cream and gear pokemon) but seriously it's so legit ;u; I WANT IIITTTT

also

dat new 3DS XL

the gold one is wicked

if it comes to america, I'm going to throw my money at it. And then I'll have two pokemon 3DS XLs.

u_u

I want to get that sword pokemon with a Bronzor. A sword and shield.

:|

So far I've been disappointed with nearly all the revealed pokemon, Xerneas, Yvektal and Fennekin excluded.

I hope some evolutions or unrevealed pokemon are way more to my taste.

I've been happy with everything that isn't Fennekin or Sylveon

After seeing those two I was a little nervous about this gen but the last couple reveals did not disappoint c':

user posted image

MY PRECIOUS c:

Edited by Pika_Oi

A cotton candy pokemon...... really? =_=

Goronda (pancham evolve form) looks badass >:)

Is it cotton candy? I thought it was a cloud or a dandelion puff or something. Either way, super cute. I think I want one. c:

Edited by Pika_Oi

The cotton candy pokemon is weirdly adorable and a little unsettling at the same time |D I love it!

I find it interesting that Xerneas is ONLY fairy-type, and not dual typed with Steel or Grass. I also thought Yveltal was going to be a Dragon type. But! Still not disappointed c:

The squid are AWESOME UGH. I love their typing! <3

Pancham's evo is supah cool, and I'm really liking that little pink fairy bird c:

I'm going to love this game so much ;A;

Aww the cotton candy is X-exclusive so I can't get one during my first playthrough (since I'm definitely playing Y first for Yveltal and Skrelp SKRELP) :N

Dat Pancham evolution.

I might get one now. |D

The squids, imo, are pretty cool. Dark/Psychic. I like.

I'm definitely not too disappointed with this generation so far.

Still need starter evolutions agjkadbgkjadbgkajg

Aww the cotton candy is X-exclusive so I can't get one during my first playthrough (since I'm definitely playing Y first for Yveltal and Skrelp SKRELP) :N

DUDE TRADE WITH MEEE

I'll catch you a cotton candy if you catch me a Skrelp! ;u;

Anyone see that possible Skrelp evo leak? Probs fake, but it looks really cool. A porpoise pokemon! QuQ

Yveltal's not a dragon? ;n; he's not even fire type?

*keels over*

why is xerneas only fairy why isn't he fairy/grass or fairy/steel

switch is not pleased.

But I like all the new pokemon. :3

Fennekin had better make up for my disappointment in xerneas and yveltal's typings. :I

I TOLD YALL XERNEAS WAS A FAIRY TYPE, and also, I've already preordered the game, do I get the Yveltal figure :0 The two new fairy types through, that's a bit too much, they didnt need to do all that with them. I predicted Yveltal's type, ((Whoop whoop)) but I thought Xerneas would be dual type fairy/grass

Edited by nicknick88

DUDE TRADE WITH MEEE

I'll catch you a cotton candy if you catch me a Skrelp! ;u;

Anyone see that possible Skrelp evo leak? Probs fake, but it looks really cool. A porpoise pokemon! QuQ

Deal o:

And I haven't seen it, but a seahorse that evolves into a porpoise sounds like fun c:

Shushup is my new favorite thing ;A; like I need an avatar of it, pronto

I can't get over its plague doctor similarities. I hope they go that direction in its evolution, I'mma ddiiieeeee

also cotton candy must become a poodle, I demand it

/melts from the new fairies

I knew I was gonna get Yveltal when I saw it. It's typing now gives me a better reason: I love dark types. Definatley could catch Pancham now. As nice as this is, this is bad news for Darkrai. The reason why it had so much charm was because it was the only dark-type legend until Yveltal came along. I'm mentioning darkrai because it's my favorite Pokemon.

I bet Xerneas and Yveltal dex entries will be something like: Whenever a person is born/dying, they'll see a mental image of Xerneas/Yveltal.

I don't like the idea of cotton candy and perfume as Pokemon, it just seems too silly.

OMG THERE IS A SQUID I AM GETTING THAT THING. It is so freaking adorable.

Pancham's evo... There's a new Beartic. That's all I will say about Gondoro whatever. Except that is the japanese name :/

Cotton candy.... Gimme. Gimmeeee just not as much as the squid Maika. -goes on naming everything in their japanese names-