7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

That last bit may be true, but everyone keeps talking about it being made to nerf Dragon. Unless Fairy is given equally overbearing stats, which could have easily been done to some new Ice types instead of making a new type, it really doesn't matter. If a battle comes down to only typing, Dragon really isn't very OP at all.

Fairy may have started out as a Nerf to dragon, but don't forget it'll add strengths and weaknesses to other types as well. Shaking up the game is only going to make things more interesting. Making more ice types just doesn't quite do it.

They haven't even given us Fairy types weakness yet. It is still unknown what types can easily take on Fairy types yet. That, and Fairy type could end up being a more frail class, like Psychics tend to be with physical moves. Not all, but some types do have a trend in stats, like Steel being bulky or Fighting being physically strong. Not all, but you never know. tongue.gif

That's something I don't want, "shaking up the game".

I liked the types as they were, as I said, i didn't want another type. Though if they had to make one I'm just glad it isn't light.

I think Fairy should be not-very-effective on Dark, it just fits. At least in my opinion.

That's something I don't want, "shaking up the game".

I liked the types as they were, as I said, i didn't want another type. Though if they had to make one I'm just glad it isn't light.

I think Fairy should be not-very-effective on Dark, it just fits. At least in my opinion.

Fairy shouldn't be affected by dark.

I mean fairies go in the dark all the time in every story like the tooth fairy :U

I think "shaking up the game" can be an amazing thing if done correctly. It keeps the games interesting and fresh for newer and older players. If it was exactly the same every time, then it can get stale and kill a good game. sad.gif

Actually, I heard Dark type literally meant "Dirty Fighting" which is why it is weak to Fighting type, the more "honorable" way to fight, and strong to Psychic types who can't "wrap their mind" around such sneaky tactics.

But what do I know? lol

I don't know about that. But in Japan Fighting has to do with discipline. (Think of karate.) And discipline is good, thus evil is the opposite, and maybe it is dirty fighting. Though that is a pretty weak explanation of why Psychic types can't hit it.

I don't quite remember the exact explanation on Psychic being weak to Dark. I think it had to do with the tricky, conniving thought process that comes with it, but I don't remember too well. I just remember the explanation sounded pretty cool.

I like Fairy both because it nerfs Dragon and because it's been hinted that it might be weak to Poison, and Poison definitely needed a bit of a boost. I didn't even want a new type at first but I'm actually pretty happy with Fairy. c:

I like Fairy both because it nerfs Dragon and because it's been hinted that it might be weak to Poison, and Poison definitely needed a bit of a boost. I didn't even want a new type at first but I'm actually pretty happy with Fairy. c:

They hinted that? Sweeeet. Poison needs more love man. I agree if this becomes a thing, but who knows.

Wouldn't it honestly depend on which interpretation of Fairies they take? Idk, Nintendo just confuses me sometimes. #SavingMeleeEvo2013

I like Fairy because it's been hinted that it might be weak to Poison.

I love Fairy now!

And Girlfairy, that's another reason Dark should resist Fairy. Maybe they should both resist each other.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I'm excited to see a new type, I've wanted a new one for a while. I like when they change things up, and I'm excited to see them branching out a little bit more now. I kinda just wish a new type had showed up sooner, lol.

But maybe that's also because I don't do anything competitively, so I don't have to worry about my teams being ruined by them shaking stuff up. tongue.gif

Both resisting each other? Now that WOULD be something interesting. I so curious now. Hurry up time!

I'm also a noncompetitive player (or at least I just stick to what the game offers) so a new type isn't a huge shakeup for me.

Personally I think it's a fun way to welcome the new style of game. Also if it's real, fairy being weak to poison, a boost to poison types would be awesome~ (More crobat love 8D)

Also I agree it would be nice to have dark be effective against fairy. It seems kind of unfair that Xerneas being fairy, would be super effective against Yveltal.

Of course, there was kyogre and groudon..... but, like, I want them to not do that again. Balance the title legendaries.... somewhat....

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I'm also a noncompetitive player (or at least I just stick to what the game offers) so a new type isn't a huge shakeup for me.

Personally I think it's a fun way to welcome the new style of game. Also if it's real, fairy being weak to poison, a boost to poison types would be awesome~ (More crobat love 8D)

This person knows what's up.

#MoreCrobatLove

I definitely did want a new type. I like having 18 types, it evens it out. ^^

I think Fairy should resist dark at least, or not be weak to it. Fairies are evil creatures anyway (at least, most are) so it wouldn't make sense for them to be weak to dirty minded/evil things. However, I definitely demand they be weak to steel, or else I'm going to rant endlessly at Nintendo for failing to make such a perfect match up. |D

Fairy could possibly be strong against dark, but then weak to flying? Who knows~

I still say Dark should resist Fairy, and Fairy resisting Dark would be fine too. But I think Game Freak is going to play Fairy as a good type of Pokemon, not mischievous.

Well, it would make sense if they go for the more original interpratation of Fairies and stuff. But, they all look cute-sy so far... I'm not having much hope for that, but who knows. Nintendo is good from pulling off random stuff sometimes. *coughMeleeatEvo2013cough*