7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Personally I prefer when they don't look like objects and are more themed around something than blatantly being it. A lot of the new ones seem rather silly which is the main reason I haven't forked out for the new game which seems to always cost more than any other new release. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see a "cerealboxmon" in the next game.

Sorry for sulking but I figured while the thread is here I might as well get that out xd.png

I like every Pokemon I've seen so far. Revisiting this thread's made me check out the new Pokemon on Pokemon's website, and they all look either cute, strong, or cool to me. A Steel/Ghost Pokemon hasn't been done before, I don't think, so I really want to raise Honedge. I forget what the cotton-candy one is called, but I definitely want to raise it. I loved Vanillite and its evolutions. I find these Pokemon more appealing than the ones in Unova.

Personally I prefer when they don't look like objects and are more themed around something than blatantly being it. A lot of the new ones seem rather silly.

I agree that I prefer them being themed than actually being, but silly? Come on, there are tons of Pokemon that are silly, Lickitung, Wigglytuff, Diglett to name a few, and those are all Gen I.

Personally I prefer when they don't look like objects and are more themed around something than blatantly being it. A lot of the new ones seem rather silly.

Except sometimes it pretty much makes perfect sense for them to blatantly be that object, especially in the case of Trubbish's line. How is living garbage not absolutely PERFECT for a POISON-Type? (And technically Vanillite's line isn't ACTUALLY ice cream, it's just ice and snow that happens to LOOK like ice cream. :P)

And

but silly? Come on, there are tons of Pokemon that are silly, Lickitung, Wigglytuff, Diglett to name a few, and those are all Gen I.

Precisely.

There've always been a mix of beast-type, human-type, object-type, etc. Pokemon in each gen, really. Now if you just have an issue with that in general, that's cool--but it's unfair to play it up like it's a big thing that the new gens are doing that wasn't there in the old ones. There's plenty in the older gens.

Really, if you want a series that ONLY has animal-based or nature-based monsters... find a different series, because Pokemon isn't that. Never has been, and complaining about it isn't gonna change that. :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

Edit: Just read the movie summary, and I'm surprised (although, at the same time, not surprised...) that they seem to be using a "new" Mewtwo. As in, the one that didn't have all of the encounters with Ash & Co from the first movie. If this is the case (as odd as it is), I don't see the issue with Mewtwo being female.

I'll be tuning in to hear this story then.

Didn't team rocket learn the first time? or does this new Mewtwo have a different origin?

There've always been a mix of beast-type, human-type, object-type, etc. Pokemon in each gen, really. Now if you just have an issue with that in general, that's cool--but it's unfair to play it up like it's a big thing that the new gens are doing that wasn't there in the old ones. There's plenty in the older gens.

I completely agree with that sentiment.

I'll be tuning in to hear this story then.

Didn't team rocket learn the first time? or does this new Mewtwo have a different origin?

It sounds like a different origin to me. "She" recalls being tortured by scientists, which doesn't quite match up to our beloved Mewtwo's story. Our Mewtwo destroyed the laboratory of the scientists that created it before they did any tests, and then was tricked by Giovanni. Perhaps other scientists wanted to redo the experiment and created another Mewtwo, this time one of female disposition.

Edit: Just watched a clip of the prologue or some sort to the movie, and it seems the Mewtwo is indeed female. EXCITEMENT

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Personally I prefer when they don't look like objects and are more themed around something than blatantly being it. A lot of the new ones seem rather silly which is the main reason I haven't forked out for the new game which seems to always cost more than any other new release. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see a "cerealboxmon" in the next game.

Sorry for sulking but I figured while the thread is here I might as well get that out xd.png

The only Pokemon games which cost any more than a normal game were HGSS, because of the Pokewalker.

Edit: Just read the movie summary, and I'm surprised (although, at the same time, not surprised...) that they seem to be using a "new" Mewtwo. As in, the one that didn't have all of the encounters with Ash & Co from the first movie. If this is the case (as odd as it is), I don't see the issue with Mewtwo being female.

-peers in-

Female Mewtwo? Paine is intrigued.

/has always held that if Mew is widely considered as female then Mewtwo should be too SO FINALLY SOME VINDICATION.

-peers in-

Female Mewtwo? Paine is intrigued.

/has always held that if Mew is widely considered as female then Mewtwo should be too SO FINALLY SOME VINDICATION.

Well, Mewtwo is obviously not simply a clone.

I have no idea what I just walked into but I'm too lazy to read back. So, lemme just say: All the new pokemon are fantastic except for maybe that one lion one I hate.

edit: plague doctor pokemon is best pokemon kthxbai

Edited by Zovesta

Wait. Team FLARE.

Oh crap I will have such a hard time beating them because I love fire types ;-;

WHY. Why not Team Grassblade or something so I could kick their butts? Instead I'll be, "NO WHY DID I KILL THE LITWICK."

They could have done something more original, they already have a fire type team.

Yyeah. I like how we go from Team Rocket to... Magma and Aqua. Then we're back out into space and the universe and all that stuff. And now we're at Flare. guys i don't really get ur theme. I won't judge until I get more info, though. m(_ _)m

Well, it went. Rocket, then Magma/Aqua, then Galactic, then Plasma, Plasma seems to be mostly electric types the first time around, the second bout they threw in ice, now fire. Honestly, I don't think there is or should be a pattern, but they shouldn't do two fire type teams.

I think it's, in part, a pun on the word flair, Like a flair for being dramatic. They certainly look Fabulous.

I think it's, in part, a pun on the word flair, Like a flair for being dramatic. They certainly look Fabulous.

That's what I was thinking.

Yeah, but I still think they could have done a different type, maybe a fairy type team.

Yeah, but I still think they could have done a different type, maybe a fairy type team.

Maybe, but I'm sure they have their reasons for making a fire-themed team. Besides, the pun really works best with them being fire-themed. xd.png

Yeah, they could have done a different pun. I was more suggesting fairy because it is new, and because they would have to make a dark-fairy type Pokemon to fit with the team\.

BTW, I think dark is going to be either weak to fairy or super-effective on it, based on Yveltal's typing.

If the perfume pokemon actually ends up being a proper plague doctor that's maybe like fairy/poison i will be extremely pleased that they're being creative with fairy type ovo

Yeah, they could have done a different pun. I was more suggesting fairy because it is new, and because they would have to make a dark-fairy type Pokemon to fit with the team\.

BTW, I think dark is going to be either weak to fairy or super-effective on it, based on Yveltal's typing.

I suppose, and maybe if they'd spelled it "Flair" they could instead be reffing fairy.

Still, I'm waiting to learn more before I decide how I feel.

Though I don't think they'd HAVE to do a dark/fairy if they did them as a fairy-themed team.