7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I'm definitely not excited about the fairy type. Eeveelutions have so much potential... so fairy type just seems like a waste to me.

Generally I'm not fond of those cutesy pokemon anyway. Jigglypuff and the like drove me nuts lol. I tend to lean towards fire types for the most part, and they look pretty awesome too.

I'll be grabbing both X and Y like I did w/ Black and White 2. I'll probably need a second 3ds too eventually for those self trades lol. Atm I'm using a dsi and 3ds to do trades between versions.... but clearly that won't for work x and y. :c

wub.gif my fire emblem 3ds xd.png

Lol fire/fighting types always struck me as unappealing. Infernape wasn't a bad looking one, but definitely not something I'd use. Blaziken...just makes me laugh.

I can only hope the new starter evolutions aren't completely hideous.

I'm not even sure how they could make a fighting type out of a fennec fox.

It might look a bit like a re-colour and re-type of lucario?

I'm excited for Fairy type because it has so much potential and so much it can do ;u; It fits so well in Pokemon!

Here's the problem: while Fairy is meant to balance out dragon, the Pokemon that I've heard so far that are officially being re-typed could all be squashed by my Dragonite easily, Fairy or no Fairy.

Here's the problem: while Fairy is meant to balance out dragon, the Pokemon that I've heard so far that are officially being re-typed could all be squashed by my Dragonite easily, Fairy or no Fairy.

There may easily be more Pokemon that get re-Typed, we also can't discount the new Pokemon that will be Fairy-type. For all we know, Sylveon will be able to wipe the floor with your Dragonite.

Yes, this is the magic of STATS biggrin.gif

guys I want a vicious evil trickster dark/fairy pokemon SO BAAD

YESSSS. THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

Yes, this is the magic of STATS biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif Nothing kicks off a new type like having a mix of your favorite type with the new one, helps break in the type effects.

Will 3DS games work for the Nintendo DS Lite?

Nope, they're 3DS exclusive. Can't play 'em without one. :c Luckily I bought a 3DS last year.

Nope, for obvious reasons. The 3DS is backward compatible with DS games, yes, but the DS Lite is not forwards compatible xd.png

I'd love to have a fairy/dragon type ouo That would wreak a bit of havoc xd.png

Nope, for obvious reasons. The 3DS is backward compatible with DS games, yes, but the DS Lite is not forwards compatible xd.png

I'd love to have a fairy/dragon type ouo That would wreak a bit of havoc xd.png

Well, that settles it. Time for an upgrade. My DS is five years old so an upgrade is what I need.

Well, that settles it. Time for an upgrade. My DS is five years old so an upgrade is what I need.

Yeah, especially as the DS is dead now and all future support'll be for the 3DS.

But since you can play all your old games... the only downside is it, like the DSi, can't play GBA games. If you have some you still play, I'd suggest hanging on to the lite for them.

Also nice that if you don't like the 3D, can't use it, whatever you can turn adjust the intensity as well as turn it off completely.

Edited by KageSora

How much does a 3DS cost?

Mmm, well, I checked gamestop online and the regular 3DS seem to run from 160-180 dollars depending on the colour? And the 3DS XLs seem to go for 180-199 dollars.

I'd check other places though. :3

The only difference between the 3DS and the 3DS XL is the 3DS XL has a much bigger screen.

All the same, you'll definitely want to get one. The old DS is really phasing out. Lots of games for the 3DS already, lots more coming out I bet.

EDIT: Oh, and you can turn off the 3D entirely if you're worried about that.

Edited by Switch

Mmm, well, I checked gamestop online and the regular 3DS seem to run from 160-180 dollars depending on the colour? And the 3DS XLs seem to go for 180-199 dollars.

I'd check other places though. :3

The only difference between the 3DS and the 3DS XL is the 3DS XL has a much bigger screen.

All the same, you'll definitely want to get one. The old DS is really phasing out. Lots of games for the 3DS already, lots more coming out I bet.

EDIT: Oh, and you can turn off the 3D entirely if you're worried about that.

Almost 200!? ohmy.gif That's the same price as the foutan couch that I want.

I was happy to learn Nintendo gave a launch date for X and Y, now I can plan for them.

Fairy-type moves are super-effective against Dragon-types? That doesn't make much sense to me, but I'll get used to it. I'm not surprised at some of the re-typed Pokemon from previous generations to Fairy, either, though I am interested to see how their move sets will change. Slowly but surely I'm getting more excited for these games.

Almost 200!? ohmy.gif That's the same price as the foutan couch that I want.

Q_Q I can relate. My DS is five+ years old now, if I want to play these new games I gotta upgrade and it's just, dang, I feel bad for putting money toward something that will eat away at my time in a less than productive manner.

I was happy to learn Nintendo gave a launch date for X and Y, now I can plan for them.

Fairy-type moves are super-effective against Dragon-types? That doesn't make much sense to me, but I'll get used to it. I'm not surprised at some of the re-typed Pokemon from previous generations to Fairy, either, though I am interested to see how their move sets will change. Slowly but surely I'm getting more excited for these games.

I'm pretty sure it's been officially stated that fairy is strong against dragon because dragon was op and they wanted to balance it out. ouo There might be an actual mythological reason for it too, but I haven't heard any yet.

*SOBS BECAUSE I'M PRIMARILY A DRAGON TYPE TRAINER*

Edited by Switch

I think the reason is something cheasy like "Love and kindness is better than force and brute strength," or some crap like that.

Q_Q I can relate. My DS is five+ years old now, if I want to play these new games I gotta upgrade and it's just, dang, I feel bad for putting money toward something that will eat away at my time in a less than productive manner.

Never consider it unproductive if you enjoy yourself.

Time spend enjoying yourself is productive in ways other than making progress in what is generally considered "productive".

Love and kindness is better than force and brute strength

But there are PLENTY of stories of faries being mischievous or downright nasty, they're not all nice little critters. And plenty of stories of dragons that are cunning or kind rather than just relying on brute force.

Edited by KageSora