7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I would've much preferred Light or no new type at all.

Fairy.. just feels strange and ridiculous and silly. I'm not QUITE as excited about X&Y as much as I am skeptical, now.

On the plus side, butterfly <3

I don't think they change secondary types, do they?

IIRC, they just add on another type if it's not dual-type already.

I would imagine not, but I could also imagine them re-typing a few Pokemon that ARE dual-type. I could see the Togepi line getting Fairy'd, but anything beyond Togepi would require re-typing not just type-adding.

I think Fairy types are going to either be weak or strong against Dark types too - seeing as they're practically Light types.

But I like how Ice types are stronger now, seeing as they're super effective against another type - i always feel like their getting screwed over by dual-types and stuff

WHOO HECK YEAH

I saw the trailer and nearly peed myself in excitement (I'm like Jennifer Lawrence and chihuahuas!). I'm so excited for a new type (honestly I don't care that it's fairy type, any new type means MORE THINGS to play with and new stuff to learn! yay strategy!) and the new pokemon. I love the butterfly's name... Vivillon! (Veevee-yon) <3 And I really really like the new bat pokemon, it looks wicked.

Also Pokemon-Amie.... AHHH YES. I've been WAITING for so long for a feature that would let us interact with our pokemon like that! I'm so happy they implemented it.

I CAN'T WAAAIIITT

/sobs

edit: I really enjoy that Fairy is strong against Dragon. c: I would imagine that it would either be strong or weak or maybe even immune to Dark types. I like the new retyping, too!

And no, they more than likely will not touch Lucario's line because they don't need to. They only ever retype pokemon that are getting the Fairy type/new type tacked on, and since Lucario is already Fighting/Steel it wouldn't make much sense, unfortunately.

It wouldn't surprise me if they made Cherrim and Cherubi Fairy type, too.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

There's also apparently going to be more news tonight around 6 pm PT.

It'll probably be the same or similar. Or maybe more of the supposed leaked info from Pokebeach. If it's the latter, I'm hoping the new Mewtwo forme will be in tonight's CoroCoro leak.

Well it's more e3 announcement stuff. Given it was the official Pokemon facebook/twitter account saying there will be more information, I doubt it'll be the same as what they already announced.

Edited by shikaru

Ah, good point. Hopefully, it'll be some of the stuff Pokebeach has been given by their source--I'd like to be able to decide whether or not I can trust the source's info; a lot of this stuff theoretically could be guessed.

Though they have already been correct about Fairy-type, one of the new moves, and the english names of some of the new pokemon (the set of four that was announced with Pancham and Gogoat). I'm still skeptical, but it's looking more and more likely that the guy's information is real.

Corocoro should also leak soon, possibly tonight.

I think Nintendo's current idea of Fairy is anything cutesy, or kind of wispy and magic.

I hope there is a Ghost/Fairy that is like a Wisp or something.

Celebi would make a good Fairy-type. :I

Ghost/Fairy would be pretty cool, methinks. Dark/Fairy could be...an imp or something...

Has it been said whether the Jigglypuff line is going to be Normal/Fairy or just Fairy?

A lot of people seem to be hung up on the name of "Fairy", as if automatically thinking every fairy type is going to be the cutesy wimpy girly creature.

Well, if Game Freak is as creative as they've been with their dragon (and, well, every other pokemon), I hope to dear god they churn out some "fairies" that allude to old folklore, where those creatures were nasty, malicious little tricksters and malignant spirits. Those would be cool. Like Sableye could pass as a fairy type (not that they would retype him) since he's based on an imp, and imps technically fall under fae/fey lore. Pixies, Sprites, Spirits (like forest spirits), Imps, and Nymphs could all come from the "Fairy" type, so I hope Game Freak takes advantage of this.

Ghost/Fairy would be so hardcore, omg can't.

ALSO GUYS, ALL THE OTHER LEAKED POKEMON?

user posted image

There's more on Pokebeach. I cannot contain myself over this possible Fletchling evo. AH

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Ha, I knew Fairy type was real! laugh.gif

....And now to go back to avoiding spoilers for the next three months.

(Though, if that Pokemon-Amie is anything like Nintendogs, then I will bounce around like a happy kitten with string. I wanna pet a Pikachu and play fetch with an Arcanine and take my Salamence for a walk in the local park. cool.gif )

Looks like that Gengar/Fletchling-evolution picture depicts the new sky battling system revealed by Pokebeach's source! I now believe all their information, except for the newer stuff that they sent in after their identity was made public. Hello, Mewtwo Forme Y, dual-type moves, and fairy-type Mawile!

Hey guys, anyone else think of this when they saw Sylveon?

user posted image

This game looks amazing. I thought I wouldn't be too excited for the new game (I still haven't really picked up Pokemon Black 2 much after my initial purchase) but with the new graphics and new features, I love it. I hope the 3D will be amazing and used well.

This will also be the first time in any Pokemon series i've started off with a Fire type starter. I've ALWAYS gone for Water. However, I don't really like the Water or Grass starters this time. Love the fire one, though.

Not sure if I want to go with Pokemon X or Y. I guess i'll have to wait until the game's differences come out. Also, anyone else happy that it comes out WORLDWIDE at the same time? No more waiting for each country to get the game at separate times.

Oh, I know! biggrin.gif A world wide release is what I'm looking forward to the most too.

This way everyone starts the game at the same time, and, no matter where we are in the world, young or old, veteran player or new beginner, we can all sit down and explore this brand new world of Pokemon together. smile.gif And that's really what it's all about.

I wonder if in the interaction thing you'll be able to polish Pokemon with shells or metal/rocky surfaces. It kind of seems like something you'd be able to do with them, especially the ones that don't really move around all that much and thus have a smaller amount of options as far as conventional bonding by playing and such (like Shellder).

Skrelp o:

I'm assuming that's the seahorse one? I like that name a lot. c:

I'm really excited about the multilanguage aspect. I was very angry that 3DS was region locked because that meant I could not buy Japanese games (I want to play in Japanese in order to practice my studies). While I'm still miffed in terms of Japan-exclusive games, knowing I will be able to change my language for X and Y is a godsend.