7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Dude man the goat is selling you xd.png You too want to ride a goat.

I seriously only trust Serebii at this point for news (via corocoro). Everything else I kind of go "lalalala I can't hear you".

I just don't want to get my hopes up for all of these things and find out they're fake.

Though dual type moves, that could really change the whole strategy of the game. I've always thought it would be a cool concept but if they could actually pull it off it'd be great.

All I know, is I get to ride a goat, and that is all that matters :'D

If they DO do dual-type moves, I could see them just doing a handful, just dabbling in it to see how the mechanic changes go over. Then, for the next gen, adding in a lot if it goes over well or leaving it as-is if it turns out to be less great.

I really hope we can ride other Pokemon, though.

I'd love to see a main game that has a Ranger-like thing where you can actually fly on a bird through the sky. That would be amazing.

I'm very curious about the Fairy-type. The rumors for it seem stronger this gen than I've seen in the past, so I think more and more people are starting to want something to spice up the games again.

The games are always fun, don't get me wrong! But they are starting to get a LITTLE bit stale for me (I've been with the series since RBY), but that might also just be depression draining interest in anything, ahahah... But I really want a new type, this Gen or the next, because I really think we need something to really shake it up a bit.

I mean, once you know the formula... It's almost impossible to lose to AI unless you make silly choices/get really unlucky.

Most of my run throughs I do with one or two losses and that's 99.99% of the time because either the computer got obscenely lucky (you know how it is, they get a run of critical SEs and paralyze you/confuse you and you always can't move, I hate when that happens lol) or because I made a stupid choice (oh, I've got like 10 HP and you've got like 1/3, but I have a SE move that just took out 2/3 of your HP so I won't use a healing item--crap I missed).

Also, technically it would be Fighting > Steel < Ground. Steel doesn't super effect ground, ground super effects steel, so even that doesn't work.

Ha yeah my thoughts were all jumbled with that.

I MEANT to point out the secondary typing pyramid, although it's not entirely separate from the standard first typing. I mean to say something was along the lines of describing the equal weakness and strengths presented in the final evolution typing amongst the 4th gen starters.

I just didn't say it like I thought I did |D hehe.

Actually instead of bringing dual-type moves, I hope they implement something like they did in the new Mystery Dungeon- Move Levels. THAT was incredibly cool, useful, and completely applicable to the RP sense. It would bring a whole new mechanic to the game without royally screwing up past mechanics, like I'm certain dual-typing would be guilty of.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

The feature I'm most hoping for is for field moves to actually show a specific pokémon rather than the generic "whale" thing they've been using for ages. Every gen, I want to pull my hair out since they seem to have been neglecting it.

The feature I'm most hoping for is for field moves to actually show a specific pokémon rather than the generic "whale" thing they've been using for ages. Every gen, I want to pull my hair out since they seem to have been neglecting it.

Yes.

Even just differently-sized whale-things so it doesn't look like you're riding EXACTLY the same thing when you ride an Azurill as when you ride a Wailord would be nice.

Edited by Pika_Oi

I seriously only trust Serebii at this point for news (via corocoro). Everything else I kind of go "lalalala I can't hear you".

I just don't want to get my hopes up for all of these things and find out they're fake.

Yeah, Marriland is hard to navigate, and Pokebeach is a bad source. Like I've said countless times, I'm not too enthusiastic for a new type. EV minigame is fake.

The official English Pokemon website has updated with a bunch of details about the batch of info from corocoro.

The panda is named Panchum

The robin is named Fletchling

The goat is named Gogoat

The lizard is named Helioptile

And here's some gameplay footage of these new guys, gogoat riding, and some other stuff

But they are starting to get a LITTLE bit stale for me (I've been with the series since RBY), but that might also just be depression draining interest in anything, ahahah... But I really want a new type, this Gen or the next, because I really think we need something to really shake it up a bit.

You're depressed? sad.gif

I would hate to have a new type called Fairy. It sounds completely silly, not to mention there's already an Egg Group called Fairy. mad.gif

Well, that officially verifies PokéBeach's leaked info! The source gave them English names of the new Pokés, and the site confirmed them. Hello, Fairy type and dual type attacks! Unless GF decides to change things before the release of the games, the leaked info from Pokébeach is likely to be true.

Also, possible Gogoat pre-evo, courtesy of a zoomed in screenshot from pokemon.com!

Edited by PieMaster

You're depressed? sad.gif

I would hate to have a new type called Fairy. It sounds completely silly, not to mention there's already an Egg Group called Fairy. mad.gif

Have been for about half my life, school stress just makes it worse, it'll probably ease off over summer~ End-of-term is always a pain, haha.

About Fairy, though, that COULD be a Japanese name and it could get a different name in English, though, like how the Dark type is actually the Evil type in Japan. I agree that it sounds a bit silly and there is the egg group, but I just wanna see a new type. xd.png I'd prefer a Light/Holy type myself, but...

But man, it looks like that source really is right, and we WILL see some dual-type moves and a new type.

PLEASE not holy...We don't need religion in the games.

The egg group thing doesn't really matter--bug, dragon, and water are both egg groups and types (I believe there are more, as well), the last of which has three egg groups. I'm excited to see how these new features will affect game play, but also a bit skeptical that they will improve the games, as they were met with mixed reactions. I guess we'll have to see how they are implemented!

EDIT: Ooh, I just had a thought! What if dual type refers to special and physical together? I doubt it, but it's a possibility.

Edited by PieMaster

Oh god I am SO FLIPPIN EXCITED, that trailer looks INCREDIBLE AH.

We get to actually SIT on benches and stuff this time?! Oh, and does it look to anyone else like you can control the camera angle? /boils with excitement

I hope they bring contests back ;A;

Oh god I am SO FLIPPIN EXCITED, that trailer looks INCREDIBLE AH.

We get to actually SIT on benches and stuff this time?! Oh, and does it look to anyone else like you can control the camera angle? /boils with excitement

I hope they bring contests back ;A;

I agree with everything in this post tongue.gif I hate the lack of contests nowadays ;_;

Dual type moves, huh? I imagine they'd be similar to Pokemon type weaknesses, then.

For example, a Fire/normal type move couldn't affect a Ghost-type pokemon, would be 4x ineffective against rock-type pokemon, and would have normal damage to a steel-type pokemon.

Dual-typed MOVES? Oh, goodness no. That could make things so much complicated.

*crosses fingers* Gamefreak, please please please don't implement dual-typed moves or add a new type.

Hmmm the dual type physical/special would be an interesting combination.

I'm still trying to comprehend dual type moves, this could really change the whole game, I'll have to relearn all my move type effectiveness charts. And then add a new one for fairy ;_;

So, yah on english translation of a fairy type, I doubt they'd use something like Holy as a term considering they vouched out of using the Evil type.

It would be interesting if they really really are correct on this being a new type. It would make sense why they're withholding the the type for sylveon. I mean, these four new pokemon all got types released immediately.

If the Fairy type is real, and is translated differently in English, my guess would be that it'd be something like Light type, possibly Magic type or something.

Might just stay Fairy type, who knows? if it's even real. Though it kind of makes sense at this point, given Sylveon.

aaaaaa :D

but urrrr I feel apprehensive about dual type moves. :c i kinda don't want it. Fairy type I'm okay with (although I would prefer it being called light type)

Edited by Switch

I think the only problem with calling it light type is people would expect it to interact with dark in some way. And based on that source it doesn't.

I think Sylveon is supposed to be in the pikachu short in the upcoming movie which comes out in July. So maybe we'll learn the full truth then.

The egg group thing doesn't really matter--bug, dragon, and water are both egg groups and types (I believe there are more, as well), the last of which has three egg groups. I'm excited to see how these new features will affect game play, but also a bit skeptical that they will improve the games, as they were met with mixed reactions. I guess we'll have to see how they are implemented!

EDIT: Ooh, I just had a thought! What if dual type refers to special and physical together? I doubt it, but it's a possibility.

You realize that just about anytime an English game has a "light" type of any kind, nine out of ten it was called "holy" in Japanese, right?

Well, that officially verifies PokéBeach's leaked info! The source gave them English names of the new Pokés, and the site confirmed them. Hello, Fairy type and dual type attacks! Unless GF decides to change things before the release of the games, the leaked info from Pokébeach is likely to be true.

Also, possible Gogoat pre-evo, courtesy of a zoomed in screenshot from pokemon.com!

I still don't trust it, just because one thing was right, doesn't mean another will be. Like on Pokebeach when they thought the Sinnoh starters was These (11th Pic)). I pray to God no fairy types, and the EV game, no way they'd put that, makes the game too easy.

I'd prefer a Light/Holy type myself, but...

Omg...like Digimon? Anyways...I wonder how do you get an Eevee to evolve into that new form (I don't remember what it's name is^^")

Omg...like Digimon? Anyways...I wonder how do you get an Eevee to evolve into that new form (I don't remember what it's name is^^")

It's called Sylveon, XiaoChibi. And I am very sure it's a Normal type. If it's not, then slap me silly and call me Johnson. xd.png

Holy would likely be the Japanese name, with Light being the English name since Dark is Evil in Japan. Holy would be the logical counterpart to that. I'd just prefer that to Fairy, lol. Or Sound type.

Good point on the egg groups though.

Ohhhh, but that would be really interesting--seeing moves that could hit as both, that would be interesting!

Fairy could be the English name, and a different Japanese name, too, though. Or it could be translated as the Magic type, or the Sprite type, or something else, maybe?

I still don't trust it, just because one thing was right, doesn't mean another will be. Like on Pokebeach when they thought the Sinnoh starters was These (11th Pic)). I pray to God no fairy types, and the EV game, no way they'd put that, makes the game too easy.

They did admit that this could easily be fake--but the effect of Parabolic Charge was confirmed with official information, and they got the English names from the same source before they were revealed and the English names turned out to be accurate.

Considering all the other changes happening, it wouldn't surprise me if they added a new type or dual-type moves or something else to shake up the battle aspect. They're doing a lot of changes to the gameplay, being able to ride a Pokemon (hopefully more than Gogoat!), sitting on benches, being able to customize the trainer... So I think adding something to change the way battles work besides new Pokemon with new type combinations and new moves isn't too unlikely to imagine.

Re: Sylveon:

I still say it could possibly be a flying type. That or Fairy-type. Normal I could see, too, but I think it would make more sense for a normal-type to resemble Eevee more, personally.