7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Pokemon X and Y seem to be a lot more creative than any of the other game names, for reasons that are still up to speculation. c: But still fitting.

Also, isn't there another big announcement due for tomorrow?

Another one? blink.gif Uh, I dunno. GF must have a LOT of stuff they wanna show off though. Games aren't out until the fall, and they keep showing us stuff.

I did run into a pic of some of the new critters though. There was one that looked kinda like a yellow puppy with floppy ears. Reminded me of a dachshund puppy. smile.gif Very cute.

Another one? blink.gif Uh, I dunno. GF must have a LOT of stuff they wanna show off though. Games aren't out until the fall, and they keep showing us stuff.

I did run into a pic of some of the new critters though. There was one that looked kinda like a yellow puppy with floppy ears. Reminded me of a dachshund puppy. smile.gif Very cute.

Yeah I remember them saying there was going to be some more news on the 19th o_O

And yeah, that's the new lizard pokemon c: I think he looks like a puppy, too! He's electric/normal type and has a brand new move. I think he's adorbs and I'm very excited to see what kind of evolutions he gets, if he gets them.

(I also really want to see Fletchling's final evolution!)

Also, just checked Serebii:

We can get new outfits and accessories throughout the game for our trainers!

And that Eevee 3DS XL is beautiful D8 JAPAN, GIMME

They were indeed in Emerald; it was the protect-against-super-effective-attacks-of-type-X Berries that weren't introduced until Gen IV. The ones you want are:

Pomeg - reduces HP IVs

Hondew - reduces Special Attack IVs

Kelpsy - reduces Attack IVs

Qualot - reduces Defense IVs

Grepa - reduces Special Defense IVs

Tamato - reduces Speed IVs

At least some of the games specifically state which Berries lower which stat, but there you go anyway. tongue.gif

Oh, cool. Now to see if they'll take my EVs to zero... (annoying if they don't, grr partial reset is USELESS /flails).

Yeah I remember them saying there was going to be some more news on the 19th o_O

And yeah, that's the new lizard pokemon c: I think he looks like a puppy, too! He's electric/normal type and has a brand new move. I think he's adorbs and I'm very excited to see what kind of evolutions he gets, if he gets them.

(I also really want to see Fletchling's final evolution!)

Also, just checked Serebii:

We can get new outfits and accessories throughout the game for our trainers!

And that Eevee 3DS XL is beautiful D8 JAPAN, GIMME

It's pretty likely that the news spot is just about the same info we got a week ago, just on TV instead.

Rhea: the first berry lowers them to 100, after that they do ten each. At least that's how it was in Gen 3.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

Oh, cool. Now to see if they'll take my EVs to zero... (annoying if they don't, grr partial reset is USELESS /flails).

You'll likely need more than one of each; you'll know you're out of EVs in a particular stat when you stop getting the "its (insert stat) fell!" message when you use the Berry.

Kay, thanks. Looks like I'll need about 11 minimum to wipe a stat's evs, just to be sure.

I guess this makes raising pokes a bit easier.

Possible evos:

Jynx(got a preevo in 2nd gen, but didn't get one in 4th gen like Magmar and Electrabuzz)

Bug, Poison, Flying, Fighting, Ghost Eeveelutions.

Female Kirlia evo

A fourth Hitmon

Male Snorunt evo

Mr.Mime evo

Evos I want:

Bisharp evo (it sorta needs it, if you ask me)

Alt Munchlax evo (don't ask why)

Houndoom evo (there's rumors about it....)

Alt Dragonair evo (Dragonite doesn't fit in with the rest of the line)

Male Combee evo

A Slowqueen

Alt Crobat evo

Alt Togepi evos

These are just my thoughts and ideas. Disregard if you want.

I agree with ya on Dragonair 100%. That slender creature turning into something orange and well, kinda bulky juuuuust doesn't look right to me. blink.gif Makes me wonder if GF originally had another final form planned, but scrapped it at the last minute or something.

I don't agree that it makes sense. The style of each is completely different; gyarados matches with magikarp much better style-wise than it does with the dragon line.

I remember reading somewhere that *that* evolution was based on a Japanese story about a Koi fish turning into a dragon. I think it had something to do with a waterfall, kinda like that one stage in Pokemon Snap where ya send Karpy into the waterfall and a big cranky Gyrados shows up a few seconds later. laugh.gif

Though it wouldn't make sense for a fish to turn into a more western-like dragon, or a serpentine-dragon with a horn to turn into a hornless monster fish like that. You also mixed up Dragonite and Dragonair there. Dragonite is the orange one.

Regardless, I don't think they would do another evolution for a psuedo-legendary.

Edited by shikaru

I believe the inspiration for the Dratini/dragonair/dragonite is that it was a snake or serpent of some sort that as it gained pearls it became a dragon

so it literally evolved from a snake to a dragon

I heard that at a pokemon mythology session at a convention so not sure on the accuracy

the magikarp --> gyarados was a carp who managed to swim upstream became a dragon

I remember reading somewhere that *that* evolution was based on a Japanese story about a Koi fish turning into a dragon. I think it had something to do with a waterfall, kinda like that one stage in Pokemon Snap where ya send Karpy into the waterfall and a big cranky Gyrados shows up a few seconds later.  laugh.gif

Hahaha I remember that.

Glad you guys agree with one of my ideas, most of the time, people just ignore them.

EDIT: As soon as I start talking, everyone disappears......

Edited by cutiesonic

Omg he did a flygon! adlkj

I love his descriptions for the drawings as well. "Idiot cacnea" haha.

So Gamefreak will have an hour and a half long session during E3. There should be a lot of info presented there.

Hopefully they'll reveal some stuff. XP Pokemon presentations during E3 in the past have usually just reiterated on stuff that had already been revealed. Though, maybe since this year they're doing the release and information simultaneously worldwide they won't feel the need to say the same stuff over and over.

To be quite frank, they are probably closed to finished creating all the new Pokemon, but not quite, but in the past, the have accepted ideas for new Pokemon, I know my friend created the idea for Pachirsu, the just touched it up and changed the name and color scheme. Maybe if we send our ideas to Nintendo, they'll put some of them in the game. Let's work together to do make that.

My idea was fire/ice type actually.

Really? Cool! I wouldn't know any way to send my ideas, but I have some evo ideas for Bisharp and Male Combee. Bisharp is good, but needs a little boost.

Given that the game is being released in October, I'd imagine they have all their pokemon ideas completed for this game.

To be quite frank, they are probably closed to finished creating all the new Pokemon, but not quite, but in the past, the have accepted ideas for new Pokemon, I know my friend created the idea for Pachirsu, the just touched it up and changed the name and color scheme. Maybe if we send our ideas to Nintendo, they'll put some of them in the game. Let's work together to do make that.

My idea was fire/ice type actually.

It's very unlikely that they even looked at your friend's design.

Yeah, there would be some legal issues about that or something. right? unsure.gif Back when Pokemon.com had a fan mail letters section, someone asked about sending in a monster they designed, and the reply was that they couldn't even look at fan creations, and would have to delete any emails like that.

Annnnd, if the games are getting a worldwide release, then the game has probably been done for quite a while. laugh.gif Now they're just making sure they have enough copies for all us obsessed Trainers on release day.

Yeah, there would be some legal issues about that or something. right? unsure.gif Back when Pokemon.com had a fan mail letters section, someone asked about sending in a monster they designed, and the reply was that they couldn't even look at fan creations, and would have to delete any emails like that.

They'd run into potential copyright issues. If someone submitted something and Game Freak decided to use it, the creator of that pokemon could easily file a claim against them for using something they created. Even if the person sent it to them, there's no official writing stating that they could use it or if they could use it without compensating the creator or whatever. It's a messy situation.