7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

That lizard is fabulous and the robin is adorable

I am so happy that none of the Pokemon in this leak are animu canines you don't even know

ahtieradskjhgtragbdsathada

That goat is adorably awesome. o-o

Being able to ride a Pokemon would be extremely awesome...but I don't think people would appreciate me riding like...a Wailord or something down the street.

(Can Wailord even levitate in the anime like it does in games? >.>; )

Still waiting to see starter evolutions. So far, I still want Chespin. But now that goat...I might end up with two grass-types this time.

I want to see the Robin's evolution(s)~ It's so cute, and I usually like the final evolution of the three-evolution normal/flying type (the exception being Staraptor...I don't like the derpy giant Elvis-hair).

I want to see what becomes of the lizard because electric/normal is interesting and new.

Also goat riding yes please! I'd be perfectly fine with that being the new bike if that's what it is.

Edited by shikaru

No, the roller skates are the new bike, aren't they?

I really like the female character, it's so different. The guy looks so plain/similar to all the others tho. /always plays as a female anyway so whatever

Does it look like the goat has a sort of saddle/cloth covering thing in the riding pic?

I want to see more of that punk-y panda poke, it's cute. holla alliteration

Ah good catch it does have a little red cloth on it for riding. Probably a lot more comfortable for everyone.

Yah the male character is pretty bland but I really like the concept of getting to change skin and hair color. Something about customizing always makes a game seem a little more personal.

I like that we're going outside of Japanese regions again. The region map definitely gives off the France country shape look.

Ahhhhhhh

The updates

/cries

I'M SO EXCITTEEDDD

The Panda is adorable as heck. I really like the robin, too, and the lizard looks like a puppy almost! I adore its face <3 And I'm SUPER STOKED about getting to finally ride a pokemon! Maybe the saddle/cloth is something you have to equip a ride-able pokemon with in order to ride it? I REALLY hope Rapidash and Ponyta, maybe even Sawsbuck, Blitzle/Zebstrika, Arcanine, Girafarig, Stantler, Tauros, and Scolipede are rideable. Or maybe all land pokemon over a certain size will be ridable with the right badge? ;A; /screams internally

I'm really digging the customization. It looks like you might be able to change eye color, too? The male pictures look like they have different eye color.

Also, did anyone else catch the small battle screen by the robin? It looks like an evolution of the robin or some other pokemon to me, because the wings are so large.

The robin is my favorite of the new ones, though Gogoat looks pretty neat, too.

Even if you can't ride more than a handful of certain Pokemon in this game, if the mechanic goes over well (and at least among the English-speaking fanbase I see a lot of vocal support of the idea!) then in the inevitable 3rd gen/"X2/Y2/whatever (unless for once they DON'T do that)" I could see more being added. I do hope that the mechanic is used with more than just Gogoat, though. I wonder if it'll have evolutions/pre-evolutions? Or if other new Pokemon will be able to be ridden?

aaaaaaa i am so excited the customization and that goat and the riding <333 i can't wait for x and y it's gonna be so great

The customization isn't as much as I hoped for,(as the male looks the same as the one from black/white) but still good. Upon zooming in on a picture, I noticed there was a Fennekin following a girl, and what may have been a cuebone following another. Does this mean they'll finally bring back Pokemon following you, like in HG/SS!? I hope so,I missed that in Gen 5

I see the fenniken but it's following a NPC so I don't have high hopes of pokemon following the trainer. Where's the cubone?

The robin just looks like he has big wings because they're spread out. I checked out that photo up close. I guess they just look really small folded up.

I think this will just end up being a good generation. I'm liking the pokemon so far.

(I can't believe it's taken this many generations to get a goat pokemon. But, to make it rideable, is epic)

So my friends and I have been guessing about what type the new Eeveelution is.

I'm guessing that it's heart.

Hm...I don't know, I watched Pokebeach fall prey to a "reputable source" claim when Black/White were coming out and it turned out to be total crap, so I'm very skeptical of this.

The details of the fairy typing sounds...weird, why are they immune to dragon? Why does fire only take half damage?

It also seems strange to me that the starters' final evolutions end up with the perfect super effective triangle with both types. (Fire/Psychic > Grass/Fighting > Water/Dark) Seems a bit too..convenient, especially when none of the starter trios have been that way aside from gen 2 which had all pure typing.

I also highly doubt they would do dual-typed moves, that would throw off a lot of the gameplay and be awkward, and the EV mini-game thing sounds horrendously fake.

Edited by shikaru

Gaaa, tempted to look at new monsters, but I wanna remain almost 100% surprised like in 5th Gen. (I WILL ride Goaty through the streets of France/Paris though! laugh.gif Yes. I will!)

But, yes, person avatar customization! biggrin.gifAbout time, GF!

...I wonder if we'll get a room to decorate like in Gold and Silver too. Those were missing from HG/SS, so maaaaybe GF has something planned.

Hm...I don't know, I watched Pokebeach fall prey to a "reputable source" claim when Black/White were coming out and it turned out to be total crap, so I'm very skeptical of this.

The details of the fairy typing sound...weird, why are they immune to dragon? Why does fire only take half damage?

It also seems strange to me that the starters' final evolutions end up with the perfect super effective triangle with both types. (Fire/Psychic > Grass/Fighting > Water/Dark) Seems a bit too..convenient, especially when none of the starter trios have been that way aside from gen 2 which had all pure typing.

I also highly doubt they would do dual-typed moves, that would throw off a lot of the gameplay and be awkward, and the EV mini-game thing sounds horrendously fake.

Well, from the way that the information seemed to be presented, they're quite aware that someone could be pulling their strings, though I also find it interesting that the same source's info was verified in this update (electric move details).

Also, the dragon immunity doesn't really bother me. In fact I think it's kind of interesting- Dragon and Fairies are both mythical beings, so it's not much of a stretch. Also I would think Fairy would be half damage to Fire types because Fairy magic and Fairy creatures have more influence from grass and bug-like sources.

And no, actually, that's not the case. Generation 4 had a perfect triangle like that. Grass/Ground, Fire/Fighting, Water/ Steel

Fire > Grass > Water

Fighting > Steel > Ground

Edit: Ah, I misread something. Disregard this |D

I'm hoping for dual-typed moves. They sound awesome! And I hope there are more combination moves, too.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Dual-type moves?

Ohgod I'm going to fail even harder now. xd.png

Well, from the way that the information seemed to be presented, they're quite aware that someone could be pulling their strings, though I also find it interesting that the same source's info was verified in this update (electric move details).

Yeah, they are watching themselves with this, they did last time too, but I'm not ready to believe this.

Also, the dragon immunity doesn't really bother me. In fact I think it's kind of interesting- Dragon and Fairies are both mythical beings, so it's not much of a stretch. Also I would think Fairy would be half damage to Fire types because Fairy magic and Fairy creatures have more influence from grass and bug-like sources.

It just seems...strange to me that dragons would be weak to fairies. There's not really any mythological basis for it at all..

And no, actually, that's not the case. Generation 4 had a perfect triangle like that. Grass/Ground, Fire/Fighting, Water/ Steel

Fire > Grass > Water

Fighting > Steel > Ground

Edit: Ah, I misread something. Disregard this |D

Also, technically it would be Fighting > Steel < Ground. Steel doesn't super effect ground, ground super effects steel, so even that doesn't work.

Fairy-type I could see being legit, even if those specs aren't. I could also see a light/holy-type finally getting added. I really do hope that we get a new type this gen, it's about time, IMO. If not, then I could see Sylveon being either flying or normal.

As for dual-typing moves... A new type would REALLY change the mechanics--especially in multiplayer. Dual-typing moves would be even more massive a change. While I think that it's time for a new type to shake things up, dual-type moves seems a bit much.

However, I could possibly see them doing a new type OR dual-type moves, but I think doing both at once would be too much of a change... Or maybe that's what they want--once massive change, all at once.

I could see them making the EVs more visible, though. Not sure about the mini-game.

New battle type could be interesting, but seems a bit restrictive to show up in the main game--I mean, what about people who don't bother with any Pokemon that are capable of participating in it? How the heck would they advance the story if they were forced to raise one to be strong enough--especially if you never knew when one would show up? I could, however, see perhaps it being a specific battle type for multiplayer.

As for the info on fairy...

I could see poison immunity, but I think it would make more sense for it to be weak to steel considering that fairies are though to be weakened by/warded off by iron (at least, in the folklore I've heard, not sure how it is in Japanese tales).

I could see them having something with dragon--both being mythical creatures--but I'm not sure if super-effective.I could see them both being immune or both being weak to each other because of that, though. I would imagine more that they would be not very effective against dark, since a lot of times they're considered mischievous and it's the Evil type in Japanese, so...

I can see the pyshic-typing being resistant but I could also see it being weak. Fire I'm not 100% sure about, but I can get it with them being more related to forests and such.

It would be interesting for the starters to be that way, but I'd personally rather see Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting myself.

I could see poison immunity, but I think it would make more sense for it to be weak to steel considering that fairies are though to be weakened by/warded off by iron (at least, in the folklore I've heard, not sure how it is in Japanese tales).

I could see them having something with dragon--both being mythical creatures--but I'm not sure if super-effective.I could see them both being immune or both being weak to each other because of that, though.  I would imagine more that they would be not very effective against dark, since a lot of times they're considered mischievous and it's the Evil type in Japanese, so...

I can see the pyshic-typing being resistant but I could also see it being weak.  Fire I'm not 100% sure about, but I can get it with them being more related to forests and such. 

It would be interesting for the starters to be that way, but I'd personally rather see Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting myself.

It's probably going to be a new type. Smash aired and were trying to deduce Sylveon's type by pitting 'her' (well, a human dressed in a Sylveon costume) against different elements. It was strong against Ice (well, she cut through a block of ice with one chop), however did not have an immunity against poison. If I interpreted that correctly, that rules out steel. It can't be fire, as Flareon exists. It can't be rock, as rock resists poison. That leaves Fighting as the only preexisting type that matches that description.

Immunity to dragon has been floating around quite a bit, although that's purely fan speculation with no base. I think it'd be neat to be weak to steel, as fairies typically can't touch iron (Steel is sorta like all the metals type in Pokemon). I think psychic would just be neutral, as well as fire.

I really don't think that's "convenient", seeing as GF can do whatever they want. And a triangle makes a pattern and sense, although that doesn't guarantee that they'll do it.

Edited by High Lord November

I really don't think that's "convenient", seeing as GF can do whatever they want. And a triangle makes a pattern and sense, although that doesn't guarantee that they'll do it.

Yes, Game Freak can do whatever they want, however it seems a bit suspicious to me if some random person is claiming it without there being any other known evidence to contribute to it. It seems less likely to me from previous gens that they would create a perfect triangle like that. Not to mention the doubled weakness that creates for the player's starter against the 'rival' starter.

I meant convenient for the person making the claim, not for Game Freak.

Edited by shikaru

Yes, Game Freak can do whatever they want, however it seems a bit suspicious to me if some random person is claiming it without there being any other known evidence to contribute to it. It seems less likely to me from previous gens that they would create a perfect triangle like that. Not to mention the doubled weakness that creates for the player's starter against the 'rival' starter.

I meant convenient for the person making the claim, not for Game Freak.

Ah, I see what you're getting at now. The dual advantage wouldn't really matter at all, though, other than widening the movepool your rival can use to hit some supereffective STAB hits on your starter pokemon.

We'll just have to wait and see. I'm personally planning on avoiding all other info (except for maybe fairy info) if I can, but seeing as there will be art and discussion on sites I frequent, that'll be hard.