7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I hope I can send pokemon over, otherwise my shiny lucario will get lonely

I dunno how that'll work--the 3DS can't communicate with other DS systems, so...

:/ ... internet then! Use the internet!! *is at a loss*

I hope we can ride on pokemon's backs aside from just that goat.... that'd be cool!

I dunno how that'll work--the 3DS can't communicate with other DS systems, so...

They have said they're working on a way to transfer pokemon from old games. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen, but they aren't writing it off yet.

I was hoping for a sound type when Hoenn came out, and a light type rather than a fairy type, but whatever. I doubt any new types for the next.... eight years. When this game comes out I want to have a battle with every last one of you. I can't wait tl they release ALL THE NEW POKEMON IN KALOS!!

Probably won't happen. You'll have to wait until launch.

:/ ... internet then! Use the internet!! *is at a loss*

I hope we can ride on pokemon's backs aside from just that goat.... that'd be cool!

That's what I think they should do--something like a GTS thing, only specifically for transferring Pokemon.

Hell, they should do that and allow you to trade a Pokemon from one version to the other if you don't happen to have 2 systems.

It's been confirmed, I think, that we'll be able to ride other Pokemon. It appears to be in specific situations, IIRC, and it's unclear if they'll be your Pokemon or if they're rental Pokemon.

They have said they're working on a way to transfer pokemon from old games. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen, but they aren't writing it off yet.

Yeah, I know--but right now there's nothing. I hope they can think of something, though.

Probably won't happen. You'll have to wait until launch.

Yep, one of the few downsides to having a worldwide release lol.

It's been confirmed, I think, that we'll be able to ride other Pokemon. It appears to be in specific situations, IIRC, and it's unclear if they'll be your Pokemon or if they're rental Pokemon.

So far it's been confirmed that both Gogoat and Rhyhorn, at least, will be ride-able. They also made it sound like the pokemon used for this will be rentals and only in specific areas, though that hasn't been entirely confirmed yet.

o.o

How does that work? I've always imagined that if one were to ride a Rhyhorn, they'd be bucked off. However, I hope that Ponyta and Rapidash become rideable smile.gif

Oh no, not Ponyta or Rapidash. I can't imagine riding something that's on fire >_>

Oh no, not Ponyta or Rapidash. I can't imagine riding something that's on fire >_>

Dunno about the game-verse, but in the anime-verse Ponyta and Rapidash can magically control who their fire burns and won't burn you if they trust you, so...

Rhyhorn? Really? I imagine his back plates would dig into ones skin and make it uncomfortable, but now I really want to saddle up and ride one. I believe I speak for the majority of us when I say if we are unable to ride ponyta and rapidash there will be a problem.

So far it's been confirmed that both Gogoat and Rhyhorn, at least, will be ride-able. They also made it sound like the pokemon used for this will be rentals and only in specific areas, though that hasn't been entirely confirmed yet.

I read about that after I posted xd.png

Rhyhorn is gonna kill someone if it's not thoroughly tamed (plus it's plates hurt). Ponyta and Rabidash would be cool. I think so would a Lairon if they have to be strictly pokemon who walk with all four feet on the ground at all times.

I hope we don't have to have certain situations to ride them... or rentals. I thought it was cool when you could walk around with any pokemon of your choosing behind you, so why not be able to ride on anyone of them within reason? People in the anime do that all the time xd.png

Rentals would be awkward and many a comic of how idiotic it seems would be made.

Rentals would be awkward and many a comic of how idiotic it seems would be made.

Doesn't seem idiotic to me at all.

You can rent a boat when you go on a vacation, or a snow mobile, etc. I imagine this is the Pokemon version of that--a service where they'll provide trainers with Pokemon trained to act as transports in different settings.

It's like if you go get a horse at a horse ranch to go on a horse trail. You don't own the horse, the rancher owns the horse, but if you don't have a horse that knows the trail you really can't do the trail at all. So you rent out the horse from the rancher to go do the trail.

Same deal with rhyhorn I suspect (and gogoat, maybe)

I can imagine they'd have to make a pretty special saddle for a rhyhorn to keep you from getting bad uh... saddle sores xd.png

I wonder if they could do transfers by making a little download app (freeeeee) like dreamworld that you could transfer 'mons through. Obviously they can't make the DS and 3DS communicate directly but if they make a trip through that could work.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Doesn't seem idiotic to me at all.

You can rent a boat when you go on a vacation, or a snow mobile, etc. I imagine this is the Pokemon version of that--a service where they'll provide trainers with Pokemon trained to act as transports in different settings.

This makes sense, but say you needed to go into a certain rough area in some snowy mountain and there's a place you can rent a Mamoswine, but imagine if you happen to own a Mamoswine. Like a HM can train your pokemon to surf and you can ride it, it should make sense that you'd also be able to train your pokemon to let you ride them. Renting would be cool, but if you had to explicitly just rent ride-able pokemon, it would be irritating. Riding pokemon is cool but I'd rather ride my own ponyta not someone elses.

This makes sense, but say you needed to go into a certain rough area in some snowy mountain and there's a place you can rent a Mamoswine, but imagine if you happen to own a Mamoswine. Like a HM can train your pokemon to surf and you can ride it, it should make sense that you'd also be able to train your pokemon to let you ride them. Renting would be cool, but if you had to explicitly just rent ride-able pokemon, it would be irritating. Riding pokemon is cool but I'd rather ride my own ponyta not someone elses.

However, how long would it take to train the Pokemon for that purpose?

Like riding in a city--there are a LOT of people around, so I'd imagine they'd require you to use rental Pokemon that are specially trained for being ridden in the city to minimize the risk of accidents.

Or if you were climbing a dangerous mountain path riding a Pokemon--your Pokemon won't know the trail, won't know the safe and dangerous places. So you use a rental Pokemon that's specifically trained to know the best way to traverse the terrain.

I mean, with the limitations of the game you won't likely SEE that happening, just the Pokemon moving across the screen as you walk around, but I can imagine that being the logic behind the restriction.

Actually I don't really understand why the connectivity between this gen and last gen should be an issue. You can still play DS games on a 3DS, so it's not like the games wouldn't have a system to communicate on. Even though I have a DS in addition to my 3DS, it's not like everyone with a 3DS will have another DS to do that kind of trade (if they figure something out between the systems). Like I had to do when I only had one DS, people who want to transfer from an older gen will have to find someone else with a 3DS and do it that way.

Doesn't seem like a big problem, to me.

It's not so much that you'll have to find another 3DS to do it, it's that even if you find another 3DS it won't be able to transfer the Pokemon from your DS games to your X/Y.

There seems to be some reason that the 3DS games won't be able to communicate with the regular DS games.

Good point(s).

Well, complaints aside, I'm delighted with the ability to ride pokemon no matter the case they settle on.

I just hope this game will be better than white and black 2

It's not so much that you'll have to find another 3DS to do it, it's that even if you find another 3DS it won't be able to transfer the Pokemon from your DS games to your X/Y.

There seems to be some reason that the 3DS games won't be able to communicate with the regular DS games.

Hm. I don't see why not, really. I mean, they were able to with GBA games and DS games, and they used the same system. I would imagine there might be a similar feature that would make it so the 3DS game could [of course, permanently] pull pokemon out of the PC from the older game.

Or, perhaps they'll have some sort of app download thing from the store. Once its downloaded to your system, you plug in your DS game of choice and then select the pokemon you want to transfer over to the 3DS game. They get saved as a file on this little app thing, and then you take out the DS game and put in the 3DS game and they get transferred to a box in the 3DS game via some sort of activity in X and Y.

/shrugs

Hm. I don't see why not, really. I mean, they were able to with GBA games and DS games, and they used the same system. I would imagine there might be a similar feature that would make it so the 3DS game could [of course, permanently] pull pokemon out of the PC from the older game.

Or, perhaps they'll have some sort of app download thing from the store. Once its downloaded to your system, you plug in your DS game of choice and then select the pokemon you want to transfer over to the 3DS game. They get saved as a file on this little app thing, and then you take out the DS game and put in the 3DS game and they get transferred to a box in the 3DS game via some sort of activity in X and Y.

/shrugs

The difference is that they were both in the system at the same time. The 3DS games can't communicate with DS games, so there isn't a way to make it work like that.

I feel like with the Pokemon Global Link infrastructure, though, there ought to be a way to send Pokemon online and have X/Y pull them back...

/shrugs

I had an idea like that an app on the 3ds in which can pull and store your pokemon and even give then exp while you walk and then you take out the ds game and put in your x or y game and take them from the app, it could work and if they are smart and are money hungry make us pay $5, but I wouldn't mind paying an extra five to transfer my pokemon

Edited by Ladykyuubirose