7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Why would Fairy type go against everything you stand for?

The more I think about it, the more Fairy type makes sense to me and fits perfectly in Pokemon. <3 Good lord I REALLY hope they're weak to steel!

wait, this is weird. everything Pokebeach predicted is coming true! From fairy types, to EV and IV, and also, in the E3 Nintendo Direct thingy, when they were displaying passerby, the trainer icons on the touch screen, showed way more customization than skin color and hair, and also the original trainer appearances. Meaning I think there will be a much deeper level of customization than revealed so far, and also, for the arguement of "Those might be trainer sprites, as in previous games, b/c in B/W you could be displayed as an ace trainer on ur trainer card, or a roughneck, and whatever else," I doubt it, because the original trainer sprites were shown too.

Actually, I caught one thing their source said that's possibly not true. They said that the player cannot ride their pokemon, and that Gogoat is only a method of transportation in Lumiose (?) City. However, it has been confirmed that the player can ride Rhydon and other pokemon. It's still unclear if these pokemon are the player's own, or simply random things that appear throughout the game, but if the former, that means the source was wrong about at least one thing.

Edited by PieMaster

They need to find a way to transport Pokemon from the 5th gen games to the new ones. How am I supposed get my Darkrai over to my future Pokemon Y? He's my precious little baby......

Edited by cutiesonic

Actually, I caught one thing their source said that's possibly not true. They said that the player cannot ride their pokemon, and that Gogoat is only a method of transportation in Lumiose (?) City. However, it has been confirmed that the player can ride Rhydon and other pokemon. It's still unclear if these pokemon are the player's own, or simply random things that appear throughout the game, but if the former, that means the source was wrong about at least one thing.

It's also possible that as far as the leak knew, that was true at the time but something changed since then, or they didn't have as good info as they thought?

Noooo pokemon Fairy. WORST TYPE EVER! Well, you could also say that for Ghost and Psychic (Not real in the world) but a Fairy type is RIDICULOUS. To me, anyway. But I'll still play.

EDIT: Saw the new trailer. (6/11/13) And Fairy seems to be pretty effective against dragon. But GARDEVOIR. REALLY. As long as it's half-psychic(Which I don't think it is) I'm okay. The move 'Fairy Wind' seems cheesy. Now 5 year olds can play and overlevel their starter! C:

Edited by girlfairy76

Noooo pokemon Fairy. WORST TYPE EVER!  Well, you could also say that for Ghost and Psychic (Not real in the world) but a Fairy type is RIDICULOUS. To me, anyway. But I'll still play.

EDIT: Saw the new trailer. (6/11/13) And Fairy seems to be pretty effective against dragon. But GARDEVOIR. REALLY. As long as it's half-psychic(Which I don't think it is) I'm okay. The move 'Fairy Wind' seems cheesy. Now 5 year olds can play and overlevel their starter! C:

Coming from the girl who has fairy in her username. dry.gif I wonder, can you play with all Pokemon in Pokemon Amie? I hope so!

I don't imagine why they'd leave certain Pokemon out of it. I really like pokemon-amie ;u; I've always wanted some more interactive way to bond with my pokemon.

How dare they. How DARE GameFreak. They... They... They used my name for one of the rivals ;_; This is going to be really awkward for me when I play xd.png He better not be all, "I waited five years, but now that you have a pokemon, let's go challenge gyms and get my sister's pokemon back before it's too late, even though it's already been way too long!"

EDIT: They gave me a big orange afro, too O.o

user posted image

Edited by PieMaster

I like the Fairy type. I was skeptical at first, but When I heard it was strong against dragon types, that piqued my interest. Dragons being week to ice was countered by most dragon Pokémon also learning fire type moves, and being faster than most ice types. Dragons have had the same problem as Psychic types in gen 1, they did not have enough effective weaknesses. The fairy type should balance this out.

Noooo pokemon Fairy. WORST TYPE EVER! Well, you could also say that for Ghost and Psychic (Not real in the world) but a Fairy type is RIDICULOUS. To me, anyway. But I'll still play.

Fairy is super effective against Dragon. Also, I imagine that Gardevoir should still be half psychic.

When Steel was introduced, Magnemite's line didn't become full steel instead of electric, it just got steel slapped on as a secondary type. I imagine the same thing will be happening with Fairy type.

Fairy doesn't seem to wrong for Gardevoir, IMO. Fairies aren't all cute little pixies--there's a lot of lore about them in various countries that would allow a wide variety of beings to fall under the larger fairy category.

I didn't even want a new Type and I love the Fairy-Type already. Dragon needed nerfing, Poison (if it is in fact weak to Poison, it's been hinted at) needed a step up, and Jigglypuff being a dragon slayer is the greatest thing ever.

Also, mythological fairies did some pretty scary things and kidnapped and murdered people, so, y'know. xP

And now, dragon types have a huge disadvantage, they're only good against one thing and bad against three, and can't even affect fairy types. Now dual dragon types, such as Hydreigon, are going to be at a disadvantage also. Fairy types also seem to have an advantage, as they are only bad against two things, and good against at least two, possibly more, and are not affected by dragon types. In fact the only thing saving dragon types are their normally superior stats.

No, they really don't. Most Dragon-Types can easily obliterate Ice-Types because they can learn Fire moves (and very few Ice-Types are actually good competitively), and one of the things they're weak against is themselves. They needed something that could ACTUALLY viably give them a hard time. Also, Dragon-Types might only be super-effective against themselves, but they've got a HUGE range of neutral-effectiveness (LITERALLY EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T STEEL OR, NOW, FAIRY), and with their usual hugely powerful stats that's really all they need. They've just been brought down a size, they're not the new Poison-Type (it pains me to speak of that -Type as such but :'c).

Edited by Pika_Oi

Coming from the girl who has fairy in her username. dry.gif I wonder, can you play with all Pokemon in Pokemon Amie? I hope so!

That username is just a username that I've always used since I was like 6.

I know A story about a murderous fairy :] or a look-a-like. I hate that story because it's so sad ;-; but anyway, I wonder what kind of new pokemon(Other than Sylveon) will be a Fairy type. I hope they don't look stupid, too.

I know A story about a murderous fairy :] or a look-a-like. I hate that story because it's so sad ;-; but anyway, I wonder what kind of new pokemon(Other than Sylveon) will be a Fairy type. I hope they don't look stupid, too.

I'm betting Snubbull will get Fairy'd, since it IS classified as a fairy Pokemon. I'd imagine Granbull, too.

Also I'd imagine the rest of the Jigglypuff line and the Marill line, in addition to perhaps others in the Ratls line.

I could see the Chansey and Clefairy lines getting re-typed, too, along with several others.

If the PokeBeach leak is right, then I believe Mawile will get re-typed to Steel/Fairy as well.

Yay, serebii.net confirmed characted customization, not hair and face, but clothing at least, and hair and face look possible! I'm sorry if I'm posting that too much, but char customization is making me so happy ^^

Oh, nice! happy.gif I always thought Mawile was kind of cool looking, if not a little freaky. This makes it look cute though.

user posted image

Oh, and I have SOME REALLY GOOD NEWS to share with you guys.

Not Pokemon specific, but it's nice to know that Nintendo finally realizes that not EVERY continent is small and compact like Japan.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/12/4424948/u...s-over-internet

I agree.

*wants a macho fairy-type pokemon x3*

Somebody posted a while back the idea of a Ghost/Fairy Pokemon. cool.gif That'd be pretty sweet.

Maybe someone should dig into the old Grim fairy tales for some spooky inspiration, and do a sketch/mock up.

I kinda want a Dark/Fairy imp Pokemon or something, as well as Ghost/Fairy.

The more I think about X/Y, the more I'm looking forward to it coming out. ^^

The only strength/weakness that's been officially announced so far is strong to dragon, correct?

And supposedly it's been hinted at weak to poison? Is that in a video or something, because I haven't seen it. Or I did and just didn't notice. >.>;

I wouldn't be surprised if Fairy was weak to Ghost or Dark, or both...

and I'm excited for X/Y to come out so much xd.png especially now with character customization!

Has anyone seen the Fletchling evo?

user posted image

I haven't seen such an awesome generic bird sine Staraptor!