TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

i cleared and re-start browser. it works now. thanks. smile.gif

My pleasure.

I might continue to glitch from time to time. If nothing works, then just have patience - it's the lag that's causing it... I waited about half an hour the last time around, and suddenly everything was working again... ^^

So, I just wanna make sure, as long as I completed at least 1 Red starred recipe I'm entered in the raffle correct?

I don't get it. No matter what ingredients I put together, it says I just make a mess and toss it out?

So, I just wanna make sure, as long as I completed at least 1 Red starred recipe I'm entered in the raffle correct?

If you complete one red star recipe you're entered once into the raffle. And you'll get an additional entry for each different recipe you complete.

Im all done yay got all 73 done and my badge changed! smile.gifsmile.gif

Cant wait for Christmas Eggs!

If you complete one red star recipe you're entered once into the raffle. And you'll get an additional entry for each different recipe you complete.

Okay, thanks. So far I've gotten 9 red star recipes done

I don't get it. No matter what ingredients I put together, it says I just make a mess and toss it out?

Do you have most of the basic ingredients? Like milk and eggs and flour and so on?

Did you try each ingredient with each of the cards? (It's what I did to start with - used first the oven card and tried each ingredient singly with the card. Then the same thing with the preparation card. Suddenly I had secondary ingredients.)

If you need an overview of all the recipes and what you need to make them, check out this fantastic spreadsheet: All the recipes you'll ever need... smile.gif

Thank you, TJ and spriters... the cooking has been fun and I am looking forward to the 'mini-game'...

I just wish I could find a Holly... sigh, c'mon, Santa... lol

Edited by Husky51

This event is so awesome! But i suck at the cooking, the only thing i figured out by myself is boiling water sad.gif

I saw quite a few hollys drop at the start of the event, but naturally missed them all.

Was hoping to snag one after the mad rush was over, but haven't seen one drop in quite some time :/

Hopefully there's still a few people out there that didn't breed their hollys yet ><

Do you have most of the basic ingredients? Like milk and eggs and flour and so on?

Did you try each ingredient with each of the cards? (It's what I did to start with - used first the oven card and tried each ingredient singly with the card. Then the same thing with the preparation card. Suddenly I had secondary ingredients.)

If you need an overview of all the recipes and what you need to make them, check out this fantastic spreadsheet: All the recipes you'll ever need... smile.gif

Oh wow thank you! I guess I was just picking all the wrong ingredients tongue.gif . Thanks!

My pie is cooked woot, hope to catch a Holly after everyones grow up and they breed because I am sure not having much luck today oh well going to keep trying tell the bitter end . is it too late to send Santa a letter and ask for one? hehe

My pie is cooked woot, hope to catch a Holly after everyones grow up and they breed because I am sure not having much luck today oh well going to keep trying tell the bitter end . is it too late to send Santa a letter and ask for one? hehe

The Hollies that grow up this year will be coded so they can't breed until after the Christmas event ends. Holidays can never breed more holidays the same year they're laid.

The Hollies that grow up this year will be coded so they can't breed until after the Christmas event ends. Holidays can never breed more holidays the same year they're laid.

aww so the new hatch and grown up cant breed tell after this event, "shucks" there went that theory I should have known that

corrected bad tyoO

Edited by Trinketguu

I've caught and gifted 6 hollies, did all my cooking, caught a sweet 3rd gen stair holly for myself and NOW I'm going to translate all the cooking thing and help my kids with it :'D

This event was amazing and so much fun ^__^ Thank you all for your effort and for making us really happy <3<3<3

H-how????? What is your secret? Please tell me and teach your humble student.....

O.o I suck at the hollies. Not to mention I've only seen three. One while I was getting a Yulebuck and two when I was egglocked with 1 magi, 2 yulebuck, 2 ribbon, and 2 snowangels.

I was able to trade for a Holly. Yay!

I am well on my way to being done with the cooking, thanks to that spreadsheet! I don't know who originally posted that, but thank you!!!

I will be able to breed my 2nd Yulebuck on the last day because I did a bunch of breeding the day before the event started, and I was checking partners for them. Then I checked here and was all ohmy.gif "The event is about to start!" Having planned to go to bed early, I ended up staying up very late to try and snag a Holly.

I really, really, really, would love to win a raffle dragon. CB of a special new breed. That would be really awesome.

Thank you, TJ, spriters, and everyone else who contributed to this year's event. You have done a marvelous job!

Wow none of the recipes are working for me. I cant even make simple stuff like boiling water cheese, or caramel. The only i can make is apple slices, which wont even work right now. I think its messed up or something.

I was gifted a Holly, and it's beautiful.

Thank you for the gift, you know who you are and I can't thank you enough.

You are a joy to have here at DC! biggrin.gif

My pie changed color, does that mean I'm done? xd.png That was great! Thank you everyone who worked on the cooking event, it was really fun to do biggrin.gif

Pumpkin Pie! This cooking's been great fun; I've loved it, despite my lack of cooking skills in real life.

Thank you to the people behind the event.

My pie changed color, does that mean I'm done? xd.png That was great! Thank you everyone who worked on the cooking event, it was really fun to do biggrin.gif

yep pretty sure we are done my pie changed too and havent seen anything new, and rite on the number they all said we can get

I just was gifted the most beautiful Egg my very first and most treasured beauty Im happy this has been years of trying and never managing to get thank you so much smile.gif

Fantastic event TJ, Thank you!

Unfortunately I am one of those whose computer doesn'y want to cook a decent recipe. I totally love cooking and was trying all kinds of combinations from 1 to 4 ingredients and in both the prep the oven. The only thing I made was roasted vegetables, I know that would be one way to diet, but I want goodies too (LOL).

Seriously I came here and found the spreadsheet and the Wiki lists and still I can not make even things like chocolate covered strawberries, eggnogg, peanutbutter all things I tried before seeing a recipe and after.

Could someone please pm me instructions for DUMMIES on how to clear a cache in Win7 please????

rolleyes.gif OK I could still use those directions but all of a sudden I making things! I don't know why when for the last 2 1/2 hours I couldn't..... dry.gif

Edited by Linda4atc