TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Well did get one recipe to work but thought all was suppose to and i see i not the only one it is not working for now as cannot even do the Gingerbread House as do not have the ingredients to do it , well guess there is always a glitch from time to time though it was fun looking for them, hope things will work soon enough again

Arapaho

I remember last year a lot of us carried banners in our sigs about the increased hatchery traffic. And some of the fansites put up warnings, too. Wondering if it will get the same attention this year. A lot of newbies end up with dead eggs at Christmas.

Jes, I made one of the banners but it's not on my photobucket account atm. I'll have to see if I can dig up the old file. Hate to see people that catch, go back to holiday dinners and travel, come back days later to eggshells. It probably wouldn't hurt to get the banners/warnings up soon.

Hm? Knife and Fire are the symbol for the empty cards you have (Preparation and Oven). You don't get them, they come already with this game

Delayed reply, but I just wanted to say thank you for remedying my ignorance. :3

So...does anybody have ALL of the recipes/ingredients yet? I do.

I am having a blast with the cooking. I think I need a few more recipes to find then I'll be done.

Not to mention, I finally caught a Holly! I am so happy!

Can't wait for the new holiday dragon. smile.gif

I am still needing bread to make stuffing for my turkey. At least I will have a better result than the chocolate chip cherry shortbread that I made this morning biggrin.gif Kept trying to break apart when I would put a part of a cherry in the top. Perserved and got them to behave themselves. Once they went in the oven that solved it and not one of the 44 I did fell apart. YAY!!!!!! Next butter tarts. Will have noooo problem doing them. Would make these as my recipe but I need flour, raisins and cornsyrup plus butter and an egg to make them. smile.gif

is anyone else having any problems with the cooking? i try to make something and it ends up making something completely different. so i put the ingredients in to make sticky buns and it ends up telling me that i made boiling water instead. ><. so i'm not able to make the cards that i am getting.

I've caught and gifted 6 hollies, did all my cooking, caught a sweet 3rd gen stair holly for myself and NOW I'm going to translate all the cooking thing and help my kids with it :'D

This event was amazing and so much fun ^__^ Thank you all for your effort and for making us really happy <3<3<3

Completed the event. Now, it's time to get serious and hunt that Holly down.

On board with you there, well....once my eggys all hatch. smile.gif

Hope you get one^^

I just got another recipe for Meat Pies, but I already have that recipe completed o.O

There are two versions of meat pie, with different ingredients. ^^

Since I'm playing catch-up with the holiday dragons - and thus am egglocked with 2 Ribbons, 2 Yulebucks, 2 Winter Magis and one Snow Angel - I'm probably going to be passing on the hollys, even *if* any are still going to be dropping two days from now...

*sigh*

Well, at least I was able to catch some of the others... smile.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing the new one...

I can't even boil water...

No, seriously, I can't even do that. I have all 17 ingredients and got my first recipe. But I can't get any of the basic ingredients to work, dough, fruit slices nothing...

Anyone else having this problem?

I was having that problem. TJ suggested to clear the browser cache, and that worked for me.

So, I did that, cleared my browser cache...my pc is finally running faster and more efficient. YAY! However, I still can't make anything from the list of ingredients found here https://docs.google.com/a/dslextreme.com/sp...JZZVB3Rnc#gid=0, even boiling water. I feel like a total dud in the kitchen. If not for the fact that I'm much more successful in my own here at home, I'd be depressed. LOL

Anyway...I think we have to make at least one item to qualify for the raffle. It's not just collecting all of the starred recipes, so I guess I'm going to miss out on this little activity, unless I can miraculously find a way around this glitch. Very bummed, because I had hoped to be in the running. I'm glad that some of you are having better luck, though! :0)

In RL, I still haven't started my holiday baking, so I guess - at the very least - I'm consistent. LOL

Merry Christmas!

looks like i have 5 recipe's left to go and a whole lot of missed hollies, all i want is one and id be the happiest girl on earth.....keeps trying

I have 48 recipes, and I made 34 items. I dont seem to be getting any more red star recipes so did I get them all? blink.gif

I've been trying to catch hollies too, without luck. Maybe I'll wait until next year for the hollies, just get the rest of them this year.

I have 48 recipes, and I made 34 items. I dont seem to be getting any more red star recipes so did I get them all? blink.gif

The badge on your scroll hasn't changed yet, so you may have collected them all but you'll have to keep cooking before you're done!

No, seriously, I can't even do that. I have all 17 ingredients and got my first recipe. But I can't get any of the basic ingredients to work, dough, fruit slices nothing...

It might just be lag.

I had that for a while. Clear your cache, re-start your browser and try it again.

me! me! i am. its very frustrating. it was working fine last night but today it isn't letting me do anything ><

I'm finding this Christmas to be VERY amusing and entertaining. smile.gif Thank you lots for the cooking game. ^^

I have been mashing the F5 button for many hours since the event started. I think the holly eggs are hiding from me. lol It would be awesome to open the AP and see a wall of Holly eggs. biggrin.gif

Thank you everyone involved for this event. It is fun. smile.gif

It might just be lag.

I had that for a while. Clear your cache, re-start your browser and try it again.

i cleared and re-start browser. it works now. thanks. smile.gif