TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Looks like I'm done cooking. Now I can focus on my Holly hunt... assuming I don't get distracted again. xd.png

Pumpkin Pie! This cooking's been great fun; I've loved it, despite my lack of cooking skills in real life.

LOL I especially enjoy it BECAUSE I have no cooking skills in real life. biggrin.gif

Ah, I wish I cought a Holly yesterday...

I missed... don't know, 30?

I suck at snatching eggs from the AP sad.gif

I try every year but can't seem to have much luck... here it goes, year 3 without any Holl.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

I'm still not done with cooking! Can anyone help? I'm rather stuck.

Edited by Darklight

I just tried influencing my christmas eggs and for some reason they don't show up on the list of influenceable eggs; is it not possible to influence the gender of holiday/christmas dragons?

I've been cooking up a storm and now have a lovely baked pie on my scroll. smile.gif I had to come say that that was just entirely too much fun! xd.png

Thanks so much to TJ for allowing us to do this and to all the artists that had a hand in making all the goodies. I can't wait to get to play the game and build my Gingerbread House! biggrin.gif

I wish lots of luck to everyone still cooking and huntin' eggs. I'm off to try to nab me some Hollies now! *crosses fingers* biggrin.gif

I just tried influencing my christmas eggs and for some reason they don't show up on the list of influenceable eggs; is it not possible to influence holiday/christmas dragons?

No, you cannot influence Christmas dragons. Yulebucks, for example, are always male. The only Chistmas dragon that can be influenced right now are Holly dragons. They are the only ones that can be either male or female.

I just tried influencing my christmas eggs and for some reason they don't show up on the list of influenceable eggs; is it not possible to influence the gender of holiday/christmas dragons?

XMAS and Valentine dragons are only one gender per year. original hollies were all male as are yulebucks, snow angels and ribbon dancers are all female etc.

Edited by ainisarie

If people are giving out the formulas for all the recipes doesn't that count as cheating? huh.gif I don't think thats very fair to those people who are trying by themselves unsure.gif

Hollies are the only Christmas dragons that can be either gender.

Yulebucks and Winter Magis are always male.

Snow Angels and Ribbon Dancers are always female.

All I seem to be finding now are recipe's...is that normal?

After you've found all of the 17 basic ingredients the "red star" recipes will start to drop.

YES! I finally caught a Holly! I can't believe. Particularly because it first said that the egg I was looking for couldn't be found. I double checked to make sure and there it was on my scroll. I'm so happy.

If people are giving out the formulas for all the recipes doesn't that count as cheating? huh.gif I don't think thats very fair to those people who are trying by themselves unsure.gif

As far as I remember, there have been people help with all the events like this. And if someone does not want help, they do not have have to read the spreadsheet with the recipes. Anyway, since there is no rule saying help is not allowed it is not cheating.

Well, I wouldn't really say it's cheating. More like, giving help for those who are stuck at some points?

Meh, it can be counted as 'cheating' at whatever cost, but even though I try and don't myself it's nice to be be able to check the ones that leave me stumped incentives a while.

I seriously doubt I would have gotten more than four or five of the recipes on my own; if the hints or 'cheats,' if you insist on calling them that, weren't allowed that would be even more unfair than letting everyone have access to the recipes, should they chose to use them.

And this way if it gets closer to the time when the event will be over, you can always use them if you're stuck, too.

YES! I finally caught a Holly! I can't believe. Particularly because it first said that the egg I was looking for couldn't be found. I double checked to make sure and there it was on my scroll. I'm so happy.

Congrats! happy.gif

It's helping out, it's part of the christmas spirit smile.gif I'd rather have that than people being competitive and not helping at all

Well, I wouldn't really say it's cheating. More like, giving help for those who are stuck at some points?

Meh, it can be counted as 'cheating' at whatever cost, but even though I try and don't myself it's nice to be be able to check the ones that leave me stumped incentives a while.

Yeah, people like me really need it. I tried for an hour to figure out how to discover a new recipe. I had no idea that IE was just going to be mean like that. The second I switched to Google Chrome, I started knocking out recipes left and right.

I guess IE doesn't support the game or something because it was showing as pretty messed up. The ingredients dogpiled as I clicked them and moved into a corner.

It's helping out, it's part of the christmas spirit smile.gif I'd rather have that than people being competitive and not helping at all

I see, so its more like a fun game that everyone pitches in to help each other out, rather then a Fierce contest right? xd.png I guess I got the wrong Idea. sorry if I offended anyone with by calling it cheating sad.gif . I thought it was more like a contest to see who is the best cook or something like that ohmy.gif .

Okay, you know you're tired when you're seeing three times as many eggs then you should and they're dancing. Note to self: No more egg hunting when badly sleep deprived. @_@

Heh, my silly Holly, sick at 5d5h with not enough views to even hatch it.

From a RP perspective, it's no wonder Hollies are so rare. They have wimpy little eggs that can't stand up to nethin'. xd.png