TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

So, I did that, cleared my browser cache...my pc is finally running faster and more efficient.  YAY!  However, I still can't make anything from the list of ingredients found here https://docs.google.com/a/dslextreme.com/sp...JZZVB3Rnc#gid=0, even boiling water.  I feel like a total dud in the kitchen.  If not for the fact that I'm much more successful in my own here at home, I'd be depressed.  LOL

Anyway...I think we have to make at least one item to qualify for the raffle.  It's not just collecting all of the starred recipes, so I guess I'm going to miss out on this little activity, unless I can miraculously find a way around this glitch.  Very bummed, because I had hoped to be in the running.  I'm glad that some of you are having better luck, though!  :0)

In RL, I still haven't started my holiday baking, so I guess - at the very least - I'm consistent.  LOL

Merry Christmas!

Are you using the default DC background/skin? Some people have said that the Portal background/ skin interferes with the cooking.

Also, do you have javascript turned on? Some people turn it off when egg-hunting.

On a sad note, there's a dead Holly in the Graveyard: http://dragcave.net/graveyard

sad.gif

Edited by jis99

Well, xd.png I quit trying to get a Holly. I love the cooking game , finished all the recipes, now just have to wait. happy.gif~

Curious are hollys the only christmas breed with two genders?

Not originally, but in recent years, yes. The original CBs were all male. There are some female CBs though, that were raffle prizes.

I'm probably gonna be ninja'd...

Is anyone else having trouble finding recipe cards? I've got all 17 ingredients but haven't seen a single recipe card in the past four hours.

I know there's a cheat sheet; I just try to find out what I can before I become desperate...

I just made real ice cream at home using milk, sugar and ice, yet I fail at it in dragcave xd.png

Is anyone else having trouble finding recipe cards? I've got all 17 ingredients but haven't seen a single recipe card in the past four hours.

Be sure to watch the corners and edges (I've found it best to be on the caves, a dragons page, the cooking page itself or like account settings) to find them, some tend stick REALLY close to the add bars I found.

Is it weird of me to be making lots of meat pies while singing along to 'A Little Priest'?

That's awesome. I actually laughed out loud and scared my cat. xd.png

biggrin.gif Congrats!!! I hav seen a couple drop, but of course they were too fast for me.

I have been having a blast cooking in my DC Kitchen!!! This event is one of favorites. Just like at home in my kitchen, I do a lot of cooking by myself, and other times I grab a recipe from one of my many cookbooks. Some people like doing it all by themselves, some can't seem to get anywhere without a recipe, and others fall somewhere in the middle. I personally love that we have a choice, and I think it makes it enjoyable instead of annoying for a great many of us. cool.gif

me too! laugh.gif Im making japanese food now, but I can also make indian food, chinese food middle eastern food, and american food too.

but some recipes just stumped me blink.gif like how you make marshmallows, When I first started the kitchen event, I was taking the recipes too literal, and I would get surprised at recipes like peanut butter and cheese! tongue.gif

got all of the recipes, made a gingerbread house, now all I have to do is hunt for a Holly, breed my CBs, and wait for the 25 th

wooow who lets a holly with a nice lineage like that die? o.o thats crazy... anyway on a lighter note some wonderful user traded me a holly earlier today for the random hatchies i had <3 http://dragcave.net/lineage/03p4l totally made my day and my DC holiday xd.png id love 2 get my 2nd this year so i can start gifting and/or trading next year but im very glad to have this one <3

I liked the game, it was fun, I just wish there were more recipes, like to make divinity for Christmas, or White chocolate, or etc...But either way, it did its job to make me hungry for Christmas foods, thank you very much..

Divinity - Meringue - Sugar - Corn Syrup - Egg Whites - Nuts
Corn Syrup - Fruit, Sugar, Water
Egg-Prepped into Egg Whites

White Chocolate

Chocolate, Milk, Sugar, Cocoa Butter
Cocoa Butter-Prep-Milk & Cocoa Beans....

If i could sprite I would, but you find those items a lot @ the chrstmas table....

But either way, that was fun.....I hope we get more maybe but i doubt it....

How do I know how to cook Divinity, lets just say I did the long painful process way to much.....

Edited by White-Sword-Master

Finally! My pie turned into a pumpkin pie!

I am not sure if there are hidden recipes, but oh well...

At the beginning, I tried to cook water and grains... of course, didn't make rice..

but I was sort of hoping that it would work xd.png

now off to hunting!

Edited by Pluto_kun

I can't make anything either. I have gotten all 17 ingrideants as well AND I have like 10 or so of the red star recipies but I can't make ANYTHING. Not boiling water, or plain dough NOTHING! This is hands down one of the MOST frustrating things I have done on here! I swear, getting a GON is easier!!!! It should NOT be this hard.

Well, xd.png I quit trying to get a Holly. I love the cooking game , finished all the recipes, now just have to wait. happy.gif~

This. I'd love to have a Holly but this may not be the year--making myself blind refreshing the AP is making me grumpy, and I'd rather just enjoy the holiday eggs I was able to get.

And the cooking game was awesome--thanks to those behind the spreadsheet, or I'd still be trying to make bread. And sweet dough. And ice cream! I have never heard of an ice cream recipe involving eggs, but I sure have now wink.gif.

I can't make anything either. I have gotten all 17 ingrideants as well AND I have like 10 or so of the red star recipies but I can't make ANYTHING. Not boiling water, or plain dough NOTHING! This is hands down one of the MOST frustrating things I have done on here! I swear, getting a GON is easier!!!! It should NOT be this hard.

It seems like some people are experiencing glitches and/or browser problems.

The cooking game works fine for me, and many other people.

I just tried influencing my christmas eggs and for some reason they don't show up on the list of influenceable eggs; is it not possible to influence the gender of holiday/christmas dragons?

some of the christmas dragons are female and male only.....

I believe Hollies are the only Christmas dragon that can be influenced.

I have cleaned my browser and tried a few other things but I can't get the recipes to work anymore. I have tried everything I can think of, but no go. As I have already made most of the recipes and have even tried repeating the ones I have already done, I am stuck. So I'm not sure I'll be able to get all 40 of my entries.

still frustrated,

CapriciousT

some of the christmas dragons are female and male only.....

Except for bred Hollys. smile.gif They' can be influenced and that makes me happy. x3

Edited by DarkFire1

I have cleaned my browser and tried a few other things but I can't get the recipes to work anymore. I have tried everything I can think of, but no go. As I have already made most of the recipes and have even tried repeating the ones I have already done, I am stuck. So I'm not sure I'll be able to get all 40 of my entries.

still frustrated,

CapriciousT

You could try shutting down your computer then turning it back on.