TJ09

2012-11-23 - Black Friday

Great species. I love the sprites. biggrin.gif

But "Tri-Horn Wyverns are a mountainous species, living in high altitude areas among rocks and snow."

It might be somewhat difficult to find snow in the desert. wink.gif

Soooo pretty! I love both the male and the female!

Although, have to agree with what everyone is saying...why are they in the dessert?

Great species. I love the sprites. biggrin.gif

But "Tri-Horn Wyverns are a mountainous species, living in high altitude areas among rocks and snow."

It might be somewhat difficult to find snow in the desert. wink.gif

Actually, I saw snow in the Gobi desert in June. wink.gif Deserts don't *have* to be hot, y'know.

I think these guys could grow on me - I'm wondering what best to pair them with, and am leaning towards Purples. Brown x purple is a nice combination, reminds me of Cadbury's chocolate! tongue.gif

A desert is just an area with little rainfall, extreme temperatures and arid conditions. So a tundra counts as a desert as well... I could see this dragon living on a tundra smile.gif

Who knows...maybe we've been getting the desert wrong the whole time?

A desert is just an area with little rainfall, extreme temperatures and arid conditions. So a tundra counts as a desert as well... I could see this dragon living on a tundra smile.gif

Who knows...maybe we've been getting the desert wrong the whole time?

"As you trudge through the scorching desert, you see many large dragons scattered about, some with hatchlings. Nearby, there is a pile of several eggs."

This is what it says when you click the Desert biome.

So I doubt it's a tundra, though you're absolutely right about the rest.

I still think these should be in the Alpine, but that's up to the concept artist to decide I think.

Edited by becrux

Yes, I gues you are right about the Tundra thing. ^^ I thought about it, too, but the combination of coldness and mountains still rather says "Alpine" than "Desert" for me.

ETA: And dat shading style 8D It reminds me of watercolors, which is awesome.

The adults do look like watercolors. smile.gif

"As you trudge through the scorching desert, you see many large dragons scattered about, some with hatchlings. Nearby, there is a pile of several eggs."

This is what it says when you click the Desert biome.

So I doubt it's a tundra, though you're absolutely right about the rest.

I still think these should be in the Alpine, but that's up to the concept artist to decide I think.

Aha - you got me there tongue.gif

I can remember the turpentines being released in the wrong biome at first - maybe that happened here?

Well, now that i think about it, the bulk of the Desert borders the Alpine...so it would make a degree of sense that they be in both. Perhaps the Desert was chosen over the Alpine for a reason other than the breed characteristics,

Interesting, I do remember seeing snowy deserts too, Bactrian Camels dwell here. But these dragons kind of look a bit like the Flamingo or the Black with the facial design.

But interesting dragon

Perhaps they live and breed in the Alpine, but wander over to the Desert to brawl with the Spitfires? tongue.gif

Caught another BF, but misclicked a White which locked me - though that works out fine, since I can gift it to someone who I know is working on a lineage with them. ^^;

The adults do look like watercolors.   :)

They do, don't they? Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

It just looks so pretty!

That's one of the things I like so much about DC, there are so many artists with so many different styles, it's fun to see the differences!

Back to the biome subject. Well, yes, there may very well be other reasons for these guys to show up in the Desert. Doesn't change my feeling that they should be in the Alpine XD We'll only know when Completely Different posts.

Edited because grammar D:

Edited by becrux

Oooh, wyverns! =)

I like the male slightly better but they're definitely interesting! Their colours match the spitfires ^-^

WELL - google is my friend. There ARE Mountain deserts:

The Sweeney Granite Mountains Desert in California.

The Desert Mountains of Nevada

The Sonoran Desert in Arizona (which includes scrub and trees)

The Oregon high desert

(I'm bored now - but I think that will do !)

But also: (courtesy of wiki):

Deserts are sometimes classified as "hot" and "cold" deserts. Cold deserts can be covered in snow or ice; frozen water unavailable to plant life. These are more commonly referred to as tundra if a short season of above-freezing temperatures is experienced, or as an ice cap if the temperature remains below freezing year-round, rendering the land almost completely lifeless.

I love the adults, especially the males! Both are lovely, but imo, the male is much more beautiful. <3 I love his coloring, and admit to being a tad disappointed that the female doesn't have that gorgeous golden brown on her, too. No matter, they're both totally cool dragons and I shall be collecting a small army. smile.gif

I love the adults, especially the males! Both are lovely, but imo, the male is much more beautiful. <3 I love his coloring, and admit to being a tad disappointed that the female doesn't have that gorgeous golden brown on her, too. No matter, they're both totally cool dragons and I shall be collecting a small army. :)

I think their coloring is the same, it's just that the female is not showing the areas where that pretty golden brown is present?

At least that's how I'm looking at them XD

The power of google search biggrin.gif.

Like everyone else I find it a little weird that these dragons are found in the desert instead of the alpine but surely if they had been released into the wrong biome Completely Different or someone else who worked on these dragons would have notified TJ, like what happened with the Turpentine release. Just my thoughts on the matter, anyway these are a beautiful dragon no matter what biome there in smile.gif.

Edited by valenwind92

Really beautiful dragons!

Awesome work by everyone involved in creating them! laugh.gif

Edited by Shroomlet

The adults are just beautiful... glad I have three influenced pairs waiting to hatch. <3 I think i'll try to catch some more and gift to those who couldn't catch any after all my eggs hatch. c:

*tossing in an unneeded two cents*

Frankly, I think they should be in the Alpine and the Desert. Having them in two biomes would have made the release a bit easier to handle.

Could be a multi-biome dragon y'know c: Some animals do live in more than one biome, although to have it drop in just one...hmm .

Edit: Decided I love these so much I'm going to make an army of a thousand strong, then take over the world! Muahahaha!

Edited by rampaging wyvern