TJ09

2012-11-23 - Black Friday

Well, deserts can be cold (very cold at night! often negative temperatures)...and theres mountains in the desert too tongue.gif

user posted image

(The beautiful morocco desert landscape)

This is just my theory, I make no claim to the breed's information as I'm not the artist.

The adults are so stunning...their blue color streaks would look great with spitfires, UVs, blue dragons, and the like x_x <3

The adults are really lovely, although I must say I am a bit disappointed in the coloring of the female. I think it is just the angle of the view, but the pretty rich brown does not show up on her.

Anyway, thanks Completely Different, for this lovely addition to the cave. smile.gif

I’m not sure why they’re in the desert biome right now; though they were created before biomes were implemented, so I never specified. However, as someone previously mentioned, there are cold deserts, and even hot ones can get chilly at night.)

Once again, thank you to all the artists who helped with this, and TJ. I hoped you all enjoyed the release.

So, it seems these guys were made before the biomes. And besides, deserts are as extreme as you get - hot during the day, freezing during the day, no food or water for most of the year and then flower fields for a week.

user posted image

That is a after two day rain.

What Xythus said. Not all deserts are sand. But still, it does seem rather strange that these are dropping in the desert. xd.png

Beautiful dragons nonetheless, Completely Different!

Edited by blackdragon71

I love the full description! It's nice to read more about them, shows all the thought involved with the making of them.

As for the desert/alpine...when you think of desert, the first thing you think of is hot and sand. Of course there are different deserts, but when you first walk into the desert you get that hot, arid message in the biome.

I think they are probably better suited for Alpine, but why not both areas?

Just a thought.... ninja.gif

These are awesome ! Glad I managed to catch some, they're worth it.

Add me on to the list of people who are confused - ice and snow ? Mountains ? Sounds like they should definitely be in the alpine biome.

Also, I think the desert has lots of very in demand breeds, it would be nice to even out with the other biomes, something that has been started in the coast recently (tsunamis and blusangs), why not extend that to the Alpine biome by putting these in it ?

Tri-Horn Wyverns are a mountainous species, living in high altitude areas among rocks and snow.

That is from the new dragons description. I can't get the exact wording from the biomes because they are blocked, they the alpine is mountains and snow and the desert is hot and dry. I know there are mountains in some deserts, but I see the DC deserts as being your typical desert. Hot, dry and sandy. And the alpine being mountains, high, cold and snowy in places. To me it would make more sense for them to be in the alpine. Besides the desert already moves faster then any other biome. But besides that, these are beautiful dragons. I have only been able to catch four, but it's a start.

I just want to make it clear, I know there are cold deserts, and some have mountains too. But I am going by the DC biome descriptions. They seem more like the quintessential desert (which I know do get freezing cold at night)

Edited by annageckos

The desert can also be a snowy mountainous area.

user posted image

This is the Anza-Borego Desert State Park in California.

However, I do feel that their description is better suited for the Alphine biome. Someone suggested that the tri-horn wyvern to reside in both the Alphine and Desert, which makes good sense.

Antarctica is a desert, it is the driest continent on earth.

Lots of rocks and snow there.

So, it seems these guys were made before the biomes. And besides, deserts are as extreme as you get - hot during the day, freezing during the day, no food or water for most of the year and then flower fields for a week.

user posted image

That is a after two day rain.

Looks like someone took large buckets of paint and went to town on the landscape.

But yes, deserts can get just as cold as any other place. I've been to the small deserts in the southwestern united states and it's normal for them to be below freezing at night. I even got to see the same deserts during winter and they did have a little bit of snow. A desert is just an area that gets little percipitation, which is why antarctica is considered one of the world's biggest desterts. Yet the description of the destert on the dragoncave map says "scrorching" so I'll assume it's a warm desert. I will put my vote in for the breed to be in the alpiene also if there's ever a suggestion to put them there.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

These are awesome ! Glad I managed to catch some, they're worth it.

Add me on to the list of people who are confused - ice and snow ? Mountains ? Sounds like they should definitely be in the alpine biome.

Also, I think the desert has lots of very in demand breeds, it would be nice to even out with the other biomes, something that has been started in the coast recently (tsunamis and blusangs), why not extend that to the Alpine biome by putting these in it ?

So does the alpine. TO be honest the ones left out the most are jungle and volcano. Jungle hasn't gotten not one release this year and the only breed Volcano got are brimstones. The only reasons for hunting there are dinos, magmas, embers and Hellfires. All of the other breeds can easily be found in other biomes.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Thank you T.J. and artists! This was one of my favorites from the Completed list, so I was happy when I recognized the egg a few days ago. I like both the male and the female; it was a good idea to show the underside of one because then we get to see the breed's colors from all angles.

Thanks again! As a DC old timer, I get a little bored between releases, especially around the holiday releases. It's nice to have a surprise now and then. smile.gif

That is from the new dragons description. I can't get the exact wording from the biomes because they are blocked, they the alpine is mountains and snow and the desert is hot and dry. I know there are mountains in some deserts, but I see the DC deserts as being your typical desert. Hot, dry and sandy. And the alpine being mountains, high, cold and snowy in places. To me it would make more sense for them to be in the alpine. Besides the desert already moves faster then any other biome. But besides that, these are beautiful dragons. I have only been able to catch four, but it's a start.

And as has been said - there ARE mountainous snowy deserts. NOT all deserts are hot.

A desert is:

a landscape or region that receives an extremely low amount of precipitation, less than enough to support growth of most plants.

A lack of precipitation is not the same as being hot.

Also:

A cold desert is a desert that has snow in the winter instead of just dropping a few degrees in temperature like they would in a hot and dry Desert. It never gets warm enough for plants to grow. Just maybe a few grasses and mosses. The animals in cold deserts also have to burrow but in this case to keep warm, not cool. That is why you might find some of the same animals here as you would in the hot and dry deserts.

It does work. The ONLY issue is whether Completely Different wants them moved. The ONLY issue. smile.gif

And bear in mind that OUR alpine biome has coniferous trees as I recall.... It isn't all dead and lifeless. (there's a description somewhere, when TJ was asked to add grassland, but I can't find it...)

It's amusing how everyone assumes we don't know what a desert is... Trust me, I do know. But our DC desert is most definitely of the very hot kind. I can't find the description because the cave is blocked, but yeah, no snow.

And as has been said - there ARE mountainous snowy deserts. NOT all deserts are hot.

A desert is:

A lack of precipitation is not the same as being hot.

Also:

It does work. The ONLY issue is whether Completely Different wants them moved. The ONLY issue. smile.gif

And bear in mind that OUR alpine biome has coniferous trees as I recall.... It isn't all dead and lifeless. (there's a description somewhere, when TJ was asked to add grassland, but I can't find it...)

All is very true, and I think everyone agreed upon this, but the description for the DC desert is hot and scorching when you enter it, I think that's what people are saying. wink.gif

But, it's all okay with me, either way the artist and TJ wants to go with it, I will roll with it. biggrin.gif

Yes, it's a mistake. I'm surprised CompletelyDifferent didn't point it out earlier, but I looked back at the original thread and yes, it's supposed to be in the alpine.

I'll move them over at some point. It'll just make all the CB Desert ones more valuable, whenever I eventually add the thing to show where a dragon was grabbed from.

Yes, it's a mistake. I'm surprised CompletelyDifferent didn't point it out earlier, but I looked back at the original thread and yes, it's supposed to be in the alpine.

I'll move them over at some point. It'll just make all the CB Desert ones more valuable, whenever I eventually add the thing to show where a dragon was grabbed from.

Gulp! Now the mad rush for CB BF from the Desert will begin. Madness TJ09! You sneaky little...

Oh, TJ xd.png

Thought it was hard to get these before? Yeah, well, THINK AGAIN D:

I think I'll keep catching these until I get bored really, that's how much I love them <3

And thank you CompletelyDifferent for the awesome extra info on these pretties, it made me like them even more.

Edited by becrux

May the jelousy and complaining spread like the plagues of old.

Oh, the evilness and the amusement. Bring it on!

*Hugs her CBs* You are staying for ever on my scroll.

The extra info makes me like these even more, and I do find them much more suited to mountains.

I've really enjoyed this release smile.gif Thanks TJ, Completely Different and spriters !

Edited by Anna Selka

Oh YAY! Fresh drama to begin soon! I'll start the snacks.

I was really just curious about why another goodie in the Desert instead of another Biome, didn't mean to start an avalanche. And for the record, yes, I know deserts can be mountainous as well as 'dune-ous', but thanks for the great pix.