picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

((If that's a pic of you I'm going to lose my censorkip.gif laughing. First you named him after yourself, and now he IS you xd.png))

(No comment. I'll let you think what you want.)

Edited by DrakeOfBones

Felic laughed briefly, the sound coming out as more of a rough bark than he liked. Covering his mouth quickly, he swallowed back the rest of the embarrassing sound before dismissing it with a slight wave. "I can't confirm whether or not that's true but it certainly sounds like it could be." He smiled, the fear from both of them no longer making his chest hurt from a pounding heart. "Granted, we don't have to worry about any bears from a forest, we do have a lot more dangers in the city. Construction sites, out of control vehicles [if we're still going with those], murderers, and all sorts of fatal accidents or suicides." His brow was furrowed, a thought occurring to him. "Maybe lives would be better if populations were concentrated to small communities that were more connected with their surroundings instead of connected to greed and power." He shook his head.

Finally. They reached a small clump of apple trees and Felic smiled. "Bon appétit?" He tried for a French accent but thoroughly failed, most likely sounding absolutely ridiculous and probably confusing Sin as she might not know what he said. To help with translation, he motioned to the few apple trees. They plenty of the red fruits growing but not all of them were fully ripe. However, there was likely no worry between Sin and Felic about being able to figure out which ones were ripe for eating.

Moving to one of the trees, he jumped up to grab the lowest hanging branch and used the trunk to vault him upwards. From there, he situated himself on the next branch and began examining any apples around him. "Do you mind if I toss a couple to you for holding? I didn't think to bring my bag with me and I don't want to struggle with apples while trying to get back down." Granted, he could just let his choice picks drop to the ground and wash them off later before being cooked into pies but, who wanted to go through that sort of hassle? Not to mention, he wanted to avoid bruising for better quality. Eh, oh well. "Ah, well, never mind. They're washable," he laughed softly, grinning comfortably.

It had been a few years since he'd last climbed any trees but the activity still felt as easy as if it had been yesterday when he climbed a crooked maple tree. However, back then, the frail tree branch broke under his weight and he tumbled to the ground, hitting a few other limbs on his way down. Looking up now to the next branch above his head, Felic couldn't help but feel a mixture of temptation and fear. What did he want to do? He'd been told that the better fruit always grew closer to the top of the tree. Or did he want to show off for some reason? "Want to see who can climb faster?" Now it was his turn to smile a bit mischievously, reaching a hand up to grab the next branch. Best way to get over a fear was to face it head on, right?

---

Soria would have stepped closer to Choru but Truce beat her to it, sounding much like a soothing friend or parent to an excited kid. When the Scorrow had looked at her with even a little disappointment, she bowed her head, fidgeting with her fingers. Of all the things she cowed at, learning that she disappointed someone was what made her feel the worst. It was a feeling of letting someone down when they trusted her heavily or had great hopes for her following through with something.

Duordin squeaked again, jumping down from her arms and bouncing towards the other males. As the hatchling did so, Soria turned to a set of elven-like twins. (At least, they seemed elven-like to her.) "I'm not entirely certain of what started it but a pair of hatchlings started fighting and none of us interjected. Choru's furious about that as we should be setting proper examples and not letting them run the risk of killing one another. Honestly... I'm ashamed I didn't do anything and just tried to pretend it wasn't happening." Her gaze settled on her fidgeting hands, a small frown crossing her face.

At the other males' sides, Duordin squeaked once more, swinging his tail as he inspected Morke. Duordin knew he was bigger than a few others but Morke was a bit larger still, if only by a few inches in height. Perhaps this hatchling could be a more suited playmate? Bumping his head against the Terrae's shoulder, the wingless hatchling rose on his hind legs and rested his front paws on Morke's side, seeing if he could roll the other hatchling over. The tension was thick in the air, along with the disappointment, and Duordin only wanted to cheer others up.

---

Mistry kept her distance from the group. It had been strange to see Choru's furious reaction and a curiosity to note the unresponsive decisions made by the others in regards to the disputing hatchlings. She didn't understand some of the conflict that occurred but she did gain understanding of other bits. Now her dilemma was with whether or not she moved closer. She didn't have anything to interject, merely an interest in knowing where all of this would end up at.

Kira shook her head briefly as Austin's form hazed. Had she seen that wrong? She looked him over again- he looked human. A frown crossed her face, "What are you just pulling my leg? Don't tell me you were just a shapeshifter instead of a demon" she said warily. Kira didn't like coming off dense to others. There weren't many other opportunities to feel quite so dense as finding out you didn't know someone as well as you thought. He'd crossed the room by now, tickling Chobit's belly. Chobit's stoic expression dropped and her cheeks billowed out in laughter around the lollipop. She slurped audibly to keep from drooling between the laughter and sweetness of the candy. "Fine" she assured. Kira rubbed her ankle where she'd been bitten earlier. It started to sting a bit.

"More you say? What on earth happened?" Esvos inquired. He noticed Kira's ankle and took it in hand, running is healing magic over it. "Just a squabble" she uttered quietly. The teacher sighed, "Ah yeah we did expect this to happen. Tensions running high between races. Each race is brought up with different customs and morals. Sometimes they try to enforce those on other races because they feel their ways to be the right way. This is how wars start. Remember to keep an open mind. You may not like how others do things, but they are from an entirely different culture. And I do believe we are here to learn about each other" he assured. A faint smile crossed Esvos's face, "Professor Gale prefers us teachers not to interfere with your squabbles unless completely necessary. He believes it's mandatory for you to sort your differences out for yourselves, otherwise it's pointless" Esvos looked to Austin, "Does that mean you'll be having my class as well? It's nice to meet students individually rather than making them feel like one in the mass. I prefer making teaching fun and enticing" he pointed to his bowl of candy, "Do something right, and it's always rewarded here" he flew up and sat on the edge of his desk.

Austin chuckled as Kira commented on his new appearance. "No no, just... annoyed with my horns a bit lately. Most demons have the power to shift into a human at will, makes blending in and causing disorder a bit easier. I mean had I looked like I usually do in ancient Greece or Egypt I'd have been chained up and burnt at the stake. Not that it would have done much but it's a tad counter productive." He explained, smiling up at her. He stuck a hand out to the professor, bowing his head. "And I must apologize for not introducing myself. My name is Austin, I'm a Hellfire Demon. Yes I'll be in your class, sometime on Thursday I believe."

He stood, stretching his arms behind him. "And I'd have to agree with the headmaster. If we don't talk it out ourselves, and expect someone do it for us, things will never get better. And that's coming from someone that usually STARTS the wars, not ends them." He pulled a pair of chairs towards the desk, offering one to Kira. "But if we can do it, not every race is going to be happy. Demons and Devils are getting a bit of a short stick, considering it's usually our JOBS to spread that kind of stuff. But it's all logistic that will have to be worked out."

Jeth had left his room after getting ready for the day. Chip floated ahead of him still complaining profusely about how hungry she was. Yes yes, we are going to the cafeteria Chip. He explained with a yawn. The elemental thudded down the stairs too tired to be concerned with whether or not they would hold. He needed a spell caster and he needed one soon.

It wasn't long before elemental and Chip arrived in the lunch room. "YAY! Food!!!!" Chip exclaimed as she leaped off her cloud and bounded towards what was left of the food table. She collected some meat cubes and began to chow down. Jeth sighed at the sight, She was so free spirited and rarely decided to stick around him or anyone for long so why did she always wait for him to go to the cafeteria first? He watched the hatchling for a moment, she was wearing the choker he had made for her. The marble of light set in the center like jewel. She had been so excited when he gave her the gift. Chip floated back over to Jeth with some meat. "I'm staying with you today." She said enthusiastically. "That's good. It's easier to keep track of you that way." Jeth responded as he looked around. he spotted Jaden and had to admit the untamed seemed pissed.

The elemental walked over to his friend and announced himself although that probably wasn't needed. "Morning Jaden. You seem unhappy." He said to his friend creating a seat from the ground and sitting on it.

Morke's voice was rather monotone. He rarely let anything get into his voice, good emotion or bad emotion. "She tossed black magic at me and another, then attacked. I just threw a spidercrumb." He moved his paw away from Choru's, then pressed his head up against the white leg. Whatever the action meant, only Choru would know. When Duordin started to shove at him, Morke responded, "I don't play good." It was probably a warning, but Morke wasn't giving insight to his tone. His leg was firm on the ground. If Duordin wanted to keep playing he would only have to push Morke harder, but Morke didn't know when to stop in a fight, even if it was play. He didn't know the difference yet.

"So because it was only minor it was okay. What about when they're older with real claws and fangs and they still think violence is okay?" Choru was born into a litter of puppies that was taught the world was ugly and the only way to get on top was to be uglier. He had reached his own conclusion when he was young that the world was only ugly because war had torn it apart and no one could really remember what it was like to have a peaceful place. He was different from his culture, and he felt that sometimes, cultures were wrong. "It's not just the dragon's safety. They'll become so large whole towns will be in the balance. Did you hear what the dragons did to that one civilian human city at the end of the war? Leveled. Thousands dead."

No, he couldn't say that he could change the whole ideal system in a day. But they didn't even seem to be considering or thinking about it. He had been met with people lodged in their own ways. The school administration didn't even step in the break up a fight. Where students who barely understood life supposed to work out their differences with their fists and not breed any bad blood? What about the little races, like humans, Valravn, Whisps and so on? What good was it when they got their faces punched in by the big guy, like Demons, Azazels and Trolls? There wasn't even a medium to make peace between people. No witch to settle magical disputes, no mother or father to sit two puppies down and make them talk. "If what Morke said is true, then the other dragon started the fight and is obviously getting no retribution for resorting to violence over a joke. She will do it again. Morke," He spoke down to the hatchling, who had his ruby eyes on his father figure. "You're bigger, and you'll continue to grow bigger. You're a Terra, one day you'll tower so large that a forest couldn't even support your appetite. I don't want you hurt now, though. If anyone attacks you, you wait until they make the first punch on you." "Why?" If he was going to be so powerful, what was the point of holding back? He could just crush any opposition. Then they wouldn't challenge anyone anymore. "Because two wrongs don't make a right and it's the big man's job to stand between peace and war." Choru realized there, that there was a lot he had to teach the corrupted hatchling. His little eyes were full of stubborn doubt.

~~~

"Yeah. In communities like Harpsticks, we all work together because we have to. Everyone has a job and when we're mad at each other, we have to overlook our differences and band together because there's more than ourselves at risk. Leaders become leaders because of who they are, not because more than half of the people decide they may sort of be a little better than the other guy." But what was she saying? Her grandfather was just that only without the choice involved. Practically a monarch, and if things didn't suddenly drastically change, she would be in the same position. She felt though, that communities were the truest existence of most races and that was how it really should be. Humans, Azazels, Elves, all members of the hominid family at least... they really fared best, emotionally and physically, when part of that group.

She had no idea what that weird word he was speaking was, but she assumed he was just saying 'we're here' or 'apples' in some odd lingo she'd never heard before. The sentiment was easy to understand. He spoke of getting apples down by tossing them. She knew it was more practical to do that, but it was less fun. It was so much better climbing the trees and shaking down apples by the clutch, then taking as much as you could carry and letting animals get at the rest. Any apples dropped just turned into more apples trees. That was the balance of the forest. But it was fine to do it his way too. She was glad when he suggested a climbing race. The longest time Sin took was getting her shoes off. In thirty seconds she was on the branch next to him. "Piece 'a cake!"

Sin loved being playfully challenged, and she loved it even more when someone managed to beat her. At least, when it was in good spirits. She also seemed to have a love of people who showed off, that much was apparent from her leaning in to listen to a demon who had been bragging in the archery room earlier. It was fun to compete and spar, and watch both people gradually get better. Though admittedly, Sin would probably have the advantage here, she was born and raised around trees! As she climbed, she spoke, "I was told a long time ago, I can't even remember who told it to me, that Azels, Elves and humans were part of a trio. Elves controlled the forest and were to keep all old things safe. Humans lived in the grasslands and were made to protect the ideas of the future. Azazels lived in the mountains and had to mediate between the two. But one day, the humans bred the apple trees we know today and managed to get the Azazels to be biased for them."

Mitch was holding on for dear life as she scrambled up the tree. He felt like a baby bird looking down the edge of the nest....

Jaden flickered his eyes to Jeth as the elemental arrived. The sudden voice made him flinch and rake a deep mark in the table with his claws. He retracted them to keep himself from doing any more damage. Jaden pointed over his shoulder, "That mutt over there can't control his hatchling from wreaking havoc and blames everyone else. That's the problem" he growled. He left out that Choru had indirectly insulted his culture. Zeek nibbled at what was left of the food on the plate while Jaden collected himself. The lion in him wanted to eat the wolf like a snack, but he contained himself. Anyone else from is culture wouldn't have hesitated to cleave at Choru. He settled for glaring at the scratch marks he made in the table.

Esvos shook Austin's hand. "Wonderful wonderful, I look forward to working with you two. You both seem like fire elements to me. Yes, you must be" he mused, looking at them. He shook his head, "But ah, that little lesson will have to wait for class" he clasped his hands together. Kira laughed and patted Austin on the head, "Ah yeah, but you're doing a better job than that Choru down there. I mean, he took out the buffet table just to stop a little squabble. Shouldn't he have gotten a concussion from that?" she asked with a laugh.

Austin laughed at the girl, shaking his head. "He still might, concussions work differently than you might think. He may not wake up tomorrow if it was bad enough, or it may take him a little longer. At least as far as I understand. There's less effect on your body right after it happens." He replied, Artemis hopping into his lap. He smiled down at her, running his hand down her spine. "And yes, we're both fire elements I would say. A pyromancer and a... well a demon born in fire lets just say that much. But what does it have to do with healing?"

~~~

Truce shook his head at the Valravn, knowing he couldn't get through to him. Straightening, he saw Chip, and smiled again. He beckoned over his hatchlings, who shook their head and pointed at Soria. They had a match to settle. Truce nodded, heading over to Chip, Jeth, Jaden, and Zeek anyways. "Hello. I apologize for the commotion, my roommate seems to be a little... misguided right now. It's nice to see you again Chip, and you must be Jeth. My name is Austin, I met your hatchling yesterday." The twins approached Soria and the other twins, pawwing at the witch. "We've figured out your riddle. Just one. No trickses with the words, numbers don't matter if they aren't following the man."

Edited by DrakeOfBones

((GRAMMAR WHIP. Your, not you're there tongue.gif HUEHUE))

Esvos fluttered his wings as he stood up into a standing position. Kira seemed to be staring blankly at Austin. Esvos nodded, "Yes, well it depends on the severity. Whichever the case you can usually tell you have a concussion even if minor if you suddenly feel off balance or get dry-heaves. If you think you feel like you have a concussion, don't sleep- you may be induced into a coma" he lectured. Kira shrugged, "I suppose this is why we're taking medical class?" she asked, looking at Austin. Esvos chuckled, "Why your element has to do with everything. Not everyone uses the same healing magic. It's very personalized. Like mine is earth" his hands glowed green again, phantom vines and flowers spreading around the glow. "There are four elements- water, air, earth, and fire. All other sub elements such as lightning stem from these four basic ones. Each has a different technique and attitude you must implore to use your magic. It makes it easier for each student to become accustomed to their healing abilities"

(I have no idea what you speak of.)

Austin paused, looking at his hands doubtfully. "I... sir... Professor I mean no disrespect. It's just... my blood is damned. Cursed. Evil. Can I really cast any sort of... healing magic? I mean it just doesn't seem like a... well you know a demon... could manipulate energies for that fashion. Like at all." He asked softly, his eyes not leaving his hands as a ball of black fire appeared in one. " I mean what I know I can do is much more... unholy, which is what I've always considered healing to be. Holy, even in a druidic elemental way, it's not the kinda destruction magic that I cast, or the unholy necromancy like magic it's tied with."

Edited by DrakeOfBones

Esvos grinned, "Ah but alas, fire is a very aggressive element. Much like pure earth elements, but different. I branch off from the earth element into woodland magic. You see, healing magic can come from anywhere. When you cast a spell in general you have a certain will or set of mind to make it do what you want. It makes the difference of lighting a candle and creating a fire tornado. So healing magic is simply a state of mind" Esvos flew over to a shelf and grabbed a round glass vial with a green flame inside. He flew back to the pair and stood on his desk again, "This is what you would work with. This flame is harmless. Anyone can touch it without getting burnt- in fact it heals" he smiled at the flame rocking inside the vial.

"Fire is a very misunderstood element. It's true that it can cause the most devastating destruction. Mainly because unlike other elements it can grow and ravage on its own after first casting. But that's also what makes fire unique. Fire is a life-bearer. Fire behaves on its own like its alive- it's a very strange thing. Fire used in the right way can be used for many good things in day to day life and keep people happy and content. Think of a nice cozy fire in winter or how its used to form metal into useful objects. It changes color depending on the material it burns- it can be quite beautiful" he said, sounding quite interested as he went along.

Kira sat back on the chair, thinking. She'd never thought of using fire constructively. She'd always used it for battle and scorching things. That was certainly different to think about. "Fire that doesn't burn...?" she repeated.

Edited by Sai

Now, see, Felic understood that Sin would most likely be a better climber than him. However, when he wasn't paying attention, he missed the thirty seconds it took for her to be at his height. As she spoke, seemingly suddenly, he startled a bit and smiled nervously. "That sounds like truth rather than a myth..." He watched her for a moment, forgetting that he should be climbing as well. When he realized that he should, the Empath quickly jumped up to the next branch, reaching for the one after that a few seconds later. "The orphanage wasn't much of a place for sharing stories that people could believe in. I think that's why some kids followed unfortunate paths instead of trying to follow the good ones. Having nothing to believe in, you start to wonder, what's the point?" He wasn't at her speed but he wasn't falling so far behind at least.

As the branches began to grow thinner, he heard one crack under his foot and paused. "Oops..." Vaulting for the one behind him as the frail limb snapped and fell to the ground, he huffed faintly when his new branch of support caught him in the gut. The limb swayed but didn't break from his weight. Felic took the moment to pause and brush some of his hair out of his eyes.

---

Duordin paused when Morke began talking, his swinging tail growing still. Tilting his head slightly, the green hatchling squeaked quietly in confusion before pushing a bit harder against Morke's side. Surely the other hatchling didn't play bad. Did he? How could someone play bad or good? Was he talking about heros versus villans? Duordin just didn't understand. Oh well. "Good. Play." Again, his voice was rough and his words were hesitant. He didn't like speaking and he didn't know how to make most of the sounds he heard but, if it helped someone to understand, then he'll speak.

Soria smiled as the Bloodscale hatchling pawed at her foot, nodding in response to their answer. "Yes, that's right. Only the man is going to Saint Ives. Most get thrown off when you start listing off numbers of wives and such. Now, I think it's your turn." Glancing over at Truce and Choru, she frowned faintly in concern. Both males had nearly complete opposing views of right and wrong in this one situation. She was caught in the middle. She knew of animal instincts but the matter didn't concern any lion or simple wolf. This matter concerned dragons and humanoid or highly sentient creatures. They weren't discussing instincts alone anymore.

Truce was better than the majority of his race, preferring not to enslave every creature around and thriving off of knowledge instead of violence. Soria didn't know much about Choru yet but she figured there was something that made him different from most Valravn by the way he spoke so lively. The werewolf girl only knew about a hard life it seemed, given the way she approved of fighting. And the demon... The demon was difficult to decipher upon just one encounter. These hatchlings are just fresh out of their eggs and practically the first thing they are exposed to is fighting. "It's all wrong... Everyone here in this Academy is wrong..."

---

Things had calmed down almost completely now. Mistry took a step closer, flickering her gaze between the few various creatures that mingled within the cafeteria. Should she walk towards one of them and seek the aid she needed? Or should she wait and see if any would notice her? She was curious to know just how attentive or observant they were. It became a mild game to her now and so she decided to wait a few minutes longer to humor her curiosity.

Austin stared at the black flame, letting what the dragon had said sink in. A state of mind huh. LEt's see about that. Taking his finger, he grunted as he bit down, hard. His sharp, fanged teeth cut through the flesh, blood trickling down his arm. Holding it in front of him, he focused himself, thinking of the green flame in the bottle with closed eyes. Thinking of mending, stitching the flesh together molecule by molecule by molecule. Black flame started at his arm, beginning at the elbow and slowly creeping up his skin. He could feel it's heat, even with his immunities, and frowned slightly, the wrinkles of his face growing deeper. Why won't you HEAL? Screamed his mind, and the flame flickered in response. It's base dimmed, the heat changing degrees. It's color flipping from the dark black to the soothing green, slowly growing up his arm. It was efficient, the heal, and left him with an awkward looking set of scars around his finger. But he did it. And he grinned like there was no tomorrow.

~~~

The twins sat on her foot for a moment, pondering. Xavier looked up to her as an idea sparked. "What is it that no man ever saw, which never was, but always will be?" He questioned, as they stood back up, prancing around her. they believe this one may finally sump someone, as they only have twice. Once with Mitch, the runty wyvern, and the pretty Siren from last night.

Esvos watched Austin struggle, "Don't get frustrated. Be gentle. Healing is a nurturing process. Making yourself angry or stressed will make it much harder. Focus on something pleasant. Relax and let the flames react to your passive and caring feelings to heal what you desire" he encouraged. The flames on Austin flickered and changed to the correct color. "Very good. Needs some fine tuning for the scars, but that's to be expected" he clasped his hands together. Esvos flew the vial back over to the shelves and set it neatly in its place. He returned again. Kira sat in her chair still, watching. She didn't want to embarrass herself on a individual basis.

Esvos smiled at the two, "But ah, you'll hear all this again in class with the others. That is, if you don't want everything repeated again. We can study still if you please or if you two are attending gym this morning..." he trailed off, looking at the clock. Kira's eyes traveled to the clock as well, looking at the time. "Yeah, I have gym. I can't stick around" she laced her fingers behind her head.

Austin nodded as the teachers words flowed over him. "Next time, I'll try. But as for a continued lesson now... I need to eat. I didn't get a chance between the fight and coming up here. I don't have class till 11 however, so maybe I'll find a moment to pop up and get a few more tips." Came the reply. The human-shaped demon turned to Kira. "And I'd also love to get a chance to walk you to class, malady." He finished, bowing in his chair. Artemis puffed up for a second, then seemed to just get defeated, almost pouting, before straightening back up.

Jeth looked to were Jaden was jabbing his thumb. He saw the winged wolf, a very bizarre looking species indeed. Chip floated down next to Jaden and gave him a lick on the face. "Jaden is nicest when he's smiling." She said cheerily. Jeth nodded in agreement with his dragon. "Indeed. Still I was not here, I would not understand your frustration. But-" He placed a weighty hand on Jaden's shoulder. "Elder Frale would always say sometimes it is good to listen even if you cannot understand. Besides, I can fix nearly anything they break....if they are breaking things of course. So that makes it almost a mute point right?" He said to Jaden not really grasping that the wolf Choru was probably frustrating in and of himself.

((eeeaaarrrrghghghgh. I'll fix it tomorrow, I don't have time now and I'm tired. My humblest apologies Drake. Also...truce introduced himself as austin. happy.gif))

Edited by En'K'Haral

Choru's ears pricked at the Untamed, who didn't even know him and was badmouthing him. He was talking to someone else. Normally, he would have just snapped at him, but today he noticed no one cared to understand his point of view. They said they did, but the only one here who really seemed to take his words to heart was Soria. Everyone else only listened for the point of ripping his argument apart. So if that Untamed wanted to hate him? He could go right ahead. A wise man once told him if he had enemies, it meant he had stood up for something in his life. If the cat boy wanted to say nasty things about him, Choru would make him look like a fool.

Duordin wanted to play with Morke, but Choru wasn't going to have it right now. "Morke, come." He felt like his father using this tone of voice. Low and commanding. It made Morke flinch a little, from that instinctual feeling that all parented beings got when they knew they were in trouble by their fathers. It was only rivaled by the use of the infamous middle name in conjunction with the last name that was the ultimate weapon of mothers everywhere. He had gym, but the morality of his newborn dragon was more important than running around in a hot gym getting all sweaty. He made a circle around Soria. "...You listen and understand. Never change." He went for the door, Morke was still sitting there hoping maybe Choru had forgotten about him...

"Morke!" He had no such luck. Reluctantly he followed. "I'm going to speak to him privately. Like any guardian should."

~~~

"I'm not sure if it's myth. I both hope it is and hope it's not. The idea that our races were so important to each other and that they haven't been fighting since the dawn of time sounds really nice. But who wants to be the cause of that downfall because of some apples?" She liked them a whole lot, but Sin was sure if it came down to it she wouldn't betray her responsibilities for them. That would be insane. "I don't think it's really just the stories that make people choose a different path. It's the people who tell them. What was the orphanage owner like?" If Sin did something really bad, the first thing that would happen would be that she got a slap from her aunt and a deep talking-to from her father. That happened in different ways, shapes and forms to all the kids at home. She knew mothers that cried, and mothers that sighed. Fathers that said nothing, and fathers that yelled. For those without parents, their friends and living family straightened them out. The end result was never the same, but it was pretty commonplace that those without any friends, no guardians, and those fallen into power or subjugation in regards to gangs... they tended to come out differently.

Sin's heart almost skipped a beat when the branch broke under him. She had turned as soon as she heard the noise and dropped to her hands and knees on the branch, ready to catch him if the branch gave way. "Gods, Fell! You almost gave me a heart attack!" She looked down to the branch on the ground and gave a long whistle. "That's a long way down."

Soria turned her gaze away from her fingers, focusing on Xavier and Damien as their riddle was presented to her. "Mmm..." She hummed in contemplation, partially distracted by thoughts. When Choru began to circle once around her, she blinked slowly and took in his few words. "You too." She rubbed her elbow, watching the canine leave with Morke in tow. Duordin appeared to be sulking, head hung and tail drooping to the ground.

Dragging her attention back to the two-headed hatchling, the young witch frowned slightly. "Is it the soul? You can't see your soul and there's always debates on whether or not such a thing actually exists. Right?"

---

Laughing nervously, Felic rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry, Sin. I'll be more careful." Reaching up to the branch nearest the Azazel, he paused in his new position to make sure the limb wouldn't give. When it appeared steady, he relaxed. Stretching his hand out, he began to inspect some of the riper looking apples and plucked a couple from the branches. "This should be good..." Grabbing a third, he took a bite to see if his selection was decent enough. It was. Smiling as he got a joyful buzz from the taste, he picked another and tossed it over to Sin. "Gotta say, I always prefer them most before they've gone through some company's machinery and get waxed."

Jaden smiled at the hatchling as she licked him, "Yeah, I guess. If they're too dumb to listen about not aggravating people, they'll just get beat down. Maybe if they take enough beatings they'll learn. That's how we do it. Look at any predator kingdom and it's the same. One pest in the pack comes along and someone smacks them down until they behave" he explained to Jeth. "Obnoxious behavior is not tolerated in our disciplined culture. Talk back to a superior at home, you'll be looking for your head. And if you pick on someone, you better be ready to take the consequences. We don't baby anyone. As I said before, it's learn fast or die" he went on, looking at Jeth finally. Jaden tended to avoid conflict, but when he was riled up, he'd go tooth and nail quite literally.

Esvos smiled and nodded, "Of course, you need the energy. Breakfast is a very important meal after all" he folded his arms across his chest. Kira stood and walked to the door, "Thanks again, Professor" she said before beckoning Austin and leaving the room. Chobit jumped down from the desk and followed after her.

(Sai ignored Truce too D=)

Austin lifted Artemis and smiled at the Professor before bolting after Kira. After he caught up, he nudged her playfully. "So why didn't you try the new fire back there?" Questioned the demon playfully, blowing a smoke ring at her. "I was a little embarrassed to be the only one." He matched her stride easily, then shifted Artemis from one arm to the other. Maybe it's easier in your other form... start the orb crown between your horns and then turn it green. At least until you've got the hang of it. Came his next thought, and he smiled. Ingenuity at it's best.

~~~

The twins smiled up at the witch. "No no maam it's not the soul, though that's good guess. If those do exist then in a sense they do come and go. Look at ghosts and death and the after life." He teased. Dameon looked at him funny, a little confused. "Brother I don't know the answer. Why don't I know the answer I can't hear your thoughts." the other head of the hatchling visibly paled, and they looked up to the witch. "Can you take us to the library?"

Sin chuckled, "Back home, Shadow the sodbuster and his kids go out to their orchards and work morning to mid-day treating the fruit with soap so the bugs don't eat 'em. You can't just bite 'em off the tree unless you go into the woods. Then there's always the risk of the little buggers." She bit into the apple, savoring its sweet crisp and the fragrance it gave. Organic apples were definitely so much better than what they served in the cafeteria. She closed her eyes and just enjoyed the taste in her mouth. But nothing beat Shadow's apples. "After this whole Academy thing's done, you gotta come home with me for a little bit. Shadow's apples taste even sweeter and juicier, and they're so much bigger and redder. When you ask him how he does it, he gives this wink and a giggle 'n says 'A true magician never reveals his secrets'!" Farmers always went a little crazy. She was never sure why, maybe the plants spoke to them. But she loved it.