picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

Tiberius snatched up some of the food that was on the ground in his mouth, as did Aeldra. Where Tiberius was raised, food was never wasted and you weren't picky about it. The took their gathered food and moved it over to an open table where Aeldra jumped up and sat on top of it.

"Eat up Aeldra! You'll need all the food you can get if you want to grow up big and strong". Tiberius smiled at her, still in his Guardian Lion form.

"Aye Sir!" she replied with half a pancake bulging out of her face.

"Would you like some maple syrup on that?" he asked.

Aeldra's faced brightened up as Tiberius fetched it and poured it into her mouth.

"THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!" she exclaimed.

Tiberius chuckled wholeheartedly. Such a cutie <3

Felic snorted. It wasn't a sound he had intended but, when your mouth was full of apple chunks, it was really the only sound you could make. "You get Magicians like that in the city too. Never share any bit of detail about their shows." He shook his head. "I'd like to see your home some time. I'm curious to know about other places. I've only ever been to the neighborhoods and businesses surrounding the orphanage. 's not very exciting after awhile."

For a few moments, he was silent, enjoying his apple and plucking at a leaf to idly examine it. "The caretaker's name is Helen. She's not all bad if you manage to catch her on a good day. However, she doesn't believe in feeding people stories of hope. For some reason, she thinks that there's no actual thing like hope or faith and just gets through the day half the time as if she were a drone. Little children go to the other caretakers for bedtime stories or encouragement. The older kids just attempt to not get caught by Helen and do their own things." He shrugged.

---

Soria tilted her head slightly, noting the paleness in half of the Bloodscale. "Alright but, only if Truce is okay with it. And, are you two okay?" She didn't know what to say in response to Dameon's words. She really didn't know how a twin-headed dragon functioned or how the brains communicated with each other. Should she be worried or should she be calm?

((Nyeah, with Jaden's mood he wouldn't have noticed them >.>))

"I was was taught that if you want something, you go get it yourself. Still doesn't make it right to teach little kids the world is hopeless. You just have to put something in before you get something out." There were heroes that changed the world for better or for worse just off of the idea of hope. Hope and faith inspired people to be more than they were, it gave the world its color. When a man stood on a pedestal and told the people to follow him, right there he was asking you to have faith in him. The first followers were the pioneers for that man, and if their faith was rewarded then his numbers grew. Hope and faith were for the powerless, it was said. But it was wrong. Hope and faith are the nickles and pennies of the world. The truth was just lost once the value began to build into gold bars. Sin's ancestor who united her people into the early war knew that, but it seemed it was lost on his death and it hadn't been reawakened since.

"...Fell, that branch don't look too strong. You may wanna move." She examined the branch now. It had holes in it, and the leaves were all dead. Carpenter ants. If she had been sitting on it, it would have cracked by now.

Edited by Luckyclaw

((Round two!!!! *screamface*))

Jeth looked up at the Drider and smiled warmly. "I am indeed Jeth of the Slate. It is nice to meet you Truce, Chip has told me about your kindness. I appreciate you looking after her yesterday." "Hey Truce look what Jeth made for me." Chip floated up to the drider and showed off her new stone choker with the marble of light embedded in the center. Clearly, she was very happy with the jewelry.

Jeth returned his attention to Jaden as the untamed said how things would likely go for the boy. "Perhaps, but I like to think that people would rather talk it ove with him rather than beat him into submission. But my culture frowns on conflict...and interaction in general. So perhaps I do not understand your perspective on this matter." Jeth explained thoughtfully. "Although that doesn't mean we don't fight from time to time." Jeth added with a slight laugh.

Truce bowed slightly, smiling at the elemental. "It was my pleasure. Your hatchling is a kind soul, with maybe a bit too much innocence then whats good for her." Replied the Scorrow with a chuckle. A finger rose as he reached to fondly scratch Chip under the chin. "That's a pretty little necklace Little One. It compliments your marble well." He was startled as the Twins hopped onto his back "Truce, Truce we need to go to the Library but we know your busy so can Soria take us?" Truce nodded, and the younglings bolted back to Soria.

~~~

Autumn had stayed silent as the Valravn made his scene, but then she spotted something that made her heart skip a beat. Something she hadn't seen since she was a budding baby plantling. Something that, much like here, was a combination of the elements and animalistic nature. They were revered as near gods by the Phytomorph's... at least when they were alive. She stood, her eyes wide, and she walked wordlessly up to the creature, going to her knees and bowing her head. "It is a blessing to meet another of you after such a long time... such a long time so very alone. My name is Autumn, and I am the last of my kind, and likely the last of your worshipers." She muttered softly, refusing to make eye contact. She knew the Gracidona did not usually speak verbally, and kept her mind open. In the back of it, however, she marked the Valravn's face. She knew they had hunted her kind, as well as the Gracidona, for what ever reason they had chose. She'd keep her eye on that one.

Mistry was about to make her presence known, moving to step closer, until someone took notice of her. The Gracidona had seen Phytomorphs before but never actually had an encounter with one. As such, Autumn's words confused her. What did the forest creature mean when she said it was 'a blessing to meet another of you?' She was the only Gracidona in existence. Wasn't she? She had never met another of her breed and, surely, she would know if there was another Gracidona that traveled the planet?

Thoughts spinning at the back of her mind, Mistry connected to Autumn's open consciousness. She, however, kept her thoughts separated from what she wished to communicate. For introduction, she provided the Phytomorph with her image of a tree layered in mist, following it with a sensation of her curiosity and the mental image of eyes. She was curious about the lack of eye contact, having learned from many cultures that it was some sort of highly held gesture. Secondly, she was confused about what the word 'worshippers' meant. However, she would have to ask of that later but she figured it had something to do with the bow Autumn had presumed.

After a few moments, decent time for Autumn to acknowledge Mistry's introduction and provide some insight to the lack of eye contact, the Gracidona decided now was as good a time as ever to figure out what was written on her paper. Living as long as she did, Mistry could only feel faint irritation towards the fact that she could not read many words yet. Passing the schedule over to Autumn on a thin stream of wind, she accompanied the paper with her sensation of confusion.

---

Felic nodded agreement to Sin's words regarding hope. Taking another bite from his apple, he paused at her wary suggestion and idly looked down. He examined the branch upon which he sat, half-aware of feeling one of the scars with his finger. "That' would be my luck..." His words were slow, his gaze fixated on the infested tree limb. As he grew more attentive, he came to realize that he could hear faint cracking, like the sound of someone pulling apart velcro slowly. Rising carefully, he reached over for a sturdier branch, letting his apples drop and roll a few feet along the ground.

Under his full weight, the limb snapped and the Empath shouted in surprise. He failed to jump correctly and grab hold of the other branch before there was nothing to keep him from plummeting. Guess things don't work out like in the movies after all...

---

Soria smiled lightly as the Bloodscale hatchling hurried back towards her. "All clear? Alright, let's get going, huh? Truce, I'll bring them back soon as they're done with what they want!" she called over, not entirely certain if he heard her completely. Letting Duordin bounce along beside her feet, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Oh! For your riddle, was the answer, the future?" she asked as they walked, catching sight of the stairway some yards ahead.

[[Mistry's Schedule:

Tuesday

Hour 1 (9:00am - 10:00am) - Gym

Wednesday

Hour 2 (10:05am - 11:05am) - Wourld History

Hour 3 (11:10am - 12:10pm) - History of the Heavens

Thursday

Hour 1 (9:00am - 10:00am) - Alchemy

Hour 2 (10:05am - 11:05am) - Science

Friday

Hour 1 (9:00am - 10:00am) - Literature

Hour 2 (10:05am - 11:05am) - Cultural Studies

Hour 4 (1:10pm - 2:10pm) - Astronomy]]

Sin shouted out the name of a foreign entity before she lunged at Felic, catching his wrist just in time. She was held on the branch by her hips and one horribly off-center hand. Felic wasn't heavy, per say, but when your body was being pulled between the affect on gravity of a human boy, plus momentum, and the wight on all the muscle on an Azazel female, all ramming one's belly into a tree branch, there was bound to be discomfort. "Felic, you g-" The gods of her luck turned in favor of comedy, or sadism. With Sin's weight? That branch was cool. Add Felic's? Nah bro. With an angry groan followed the the squeak and crack of wood breaking, it too cracked sending both teens tumbling to the ground.

Sin smacked a branch with her shoulders on the way down, breaking her fall, but also tossing her into a cartwheel motion. The second branch she whacked broke her fall entirely, but knocked the wind out of her. She had managed to grab it and kept herself from slamming the ground, which would have caused worse damage than anything she endured on the fall. As it stood, or rather, hung, she gasped for her breath and coughed at random intervals. "Fell?! Fell, you okay?! Where are you? You all right?"

{{When you visualize Prism city, think of the elven cities from LOTR meets Venice meets Brazil. Sirens and Naga incorporate the natural lay of the land and nature into everything they do, but there's ways to get to each place via land and water.}}

When Tatsuke thanked her for her help, accepting her ointment, Devon smiled and replied cheerfully as she grabbed one of the towels she'd brought, "You're very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it."

Devon was use to a more strenuous workout routine, however her body glistened with a light sheen of sweat which she quickly wiped off with the towel. She caught him inspecting his own body, and felt Tatsuke's eyes on her, the blood drain from her face and the towel drop from her hands as he spoke, her hand rising to the choker she wore. Her memories of how she'd received the scars flooded to the front of her mind, she turned her gaze to Tatsuke, who'd turned his golden orbs to the stare at the ground. Giving herself a moment to try to figure out what he'd meant and how to best reply to his query, Devon bent and grabbed both towels. Using what she knew of Tatsuke, she wondered if what he'd meant had something to do with the way he viewed himself. If she too felt insecure about who she was. Seeing he had turned to go, Devon gathered the rest of her things and rushed to Tatsuke's side. Placing a gentle hand on his arm to stop him, Devon brushed the stray hairs that had fallen across his eyes away as she said, "It's alright, Tatsuke. You can ask me anything. This just caught me off guard is all. I can't guarantee you will always like the answers that you get, but I promise they will be honest ones." Letting Tatsuke see the shadows in her eyes, Devon gave him a sincere smile and continued, "The answer to both is yes. Everyone feels those things for some reason or another at some point in their lives. Our reasons and how we deal with those things may be different, but the feelings are still the same. Why don't I walk you to class and tell you about my home?"

When he agreed, Devon smiled brightly and sent to Rori, letting him know they were ready to leave. Holding out her arm for him to land on when he came into view, Devon was surprised at how gently the hatchling was able to land on her arm. Pulling him close to her, Devon returned her full attention to Tatsuke as they set off towards the school. She started with her view of the city from her home, she lived in the swamp right where it met the sea, giving her a gorgeous view of the city at sunset. The city was carved from a mountain containing a rock that was as colorful as Devon's hair when light hit it, and in the light of the sunset, it was breathtaking. Each house was as individual as it's owner, but all were beautifully done to incorporate the natural world around them. In fact, you might not even realize there was a home there until it was right in front of you. There were waterways, and streets with delicately carved bridges everywhere. Each one was delicate and different, but it was easy to see the hands of Masters carved even the tiniest detail of the city. She showed people walking and swimming through the city, shopping, playing in the parks with their children, someone was always playing an instrument, or singing. No matter what people were doing, everyone was always polite and friendly. She was honest about the numbers of people she showed as well as what they looked like, though everyone was beautiful, many bore scars from they battles they'd fought in. Children were few, but all were treated like gems by everyone. There were pools and hot springs, some public, others were more secluded for those who wanted it. Her peoples were very open about certain things, Devon liked to keep private, so rather than show those things, she tactfully alluded to them instead with a light blush. She showed Tatsuke the University where all go for classes, the massive library where all the knowledge they possessed was kept, the training facilities where she'd been taught various types of combat. After covering the important parts of the city, she took Tatsuke out to see how the tribal people lived. The tribal Naga lived in either tree style homes or homes sculpted from the earth itself in order to blend in with their surroundings. Devon went on to talk about the way they lived, and the scenery around them, There were tons of water falls, and hidden grottoes to swim in and lush jungle terrain to traverse, filled with flora and fauna of all shapes and sizes. Finally taking him back to her property where she showed him a hidden part of her land where there was a small pond filled with Lotus flowers that seemed to glow under the light of the full moon. She loved to go there when she was at home to do her writing, practice her songs and do her workouts. Nature was part of her everyday life, and Devon loved to immerse herself in it. That Tatsuke loved it as much as she did was something she hadn't expected, but it made it easier for Devon to talk with him and share that same love when speaking of her home.

Autumn looked up at the creature as she asked about eyes, figuring she was wondering why she wasn't looking at her. Autumn sent a picture of Greek statues of Gods, a sensation of reverence and awe, trying to get the concept of a God across. Non verbally, that was harder than she thought. As the schedule came over, Autumn realized that she probably couldn't read. she chuckled softly and nodded, sending a sensation of understanding to Mistry. She had picked up many languages over the long years, having taught herself. Travelers and traders brought her both physical nourishment in the for of prey, as well as something to study. their possessions gave her insight into their worlds, and it hadn't taken her long to pick things up. She glanced at the first class, then at the clock on the wall. She moved the paper to the front of Mistry face, pointing at "Gym", and sending a sense of urgency and it being soon, along with a vision of running a physical activity.

~~~

The twins scampered after Soria, physically showing their nerves. "No no that's not the answer... not exactly at least. It's very close so I'll give it to you. The answer I was looking for is tomorrow, which I guess is the future, so yes." Came the muttered replied of Xavier. Dameon looked nearly heartbroken, and very worried, as the answer came. The hatchlings had never not been able to hear eachothers thoughts before, and it was taking it's toll.

(Writer's block lol. Sorry I took so long.)

(As I describe the city, I may be contrasting the atmosphere from the biggest city close to me. So... if cities really aren't hectic places where everyone tries to bowl everyone out of the way if they don't move at breakneck speeds and more like what Tatsuke describes... my bad.)

Her land was stunning. It seemed like very contour of the city, every minuet detail had been planned by an artist's crafting eye as he stared upon the hillside for years upon years. They truly tried to be one with their surroundings, at the very core of that love being the tribal people who inhabited the lands she had shown. Their homes were nature itself, extending his hand to the people for the short time they had on this earth. It was magnificent to see.

"Nihoun is not as... what is words, I am having trouble..." He was trying to think of 'My home isn't as close to nature as yours is', but he wasn't sure how to word it, or if how he said it would be right. "My home not nature same as yours." God damnit. "My Engrish stupid bad. I just show now..." He held in his mind images of the city, in all the glory that no one would ever see again.

The city revealed Nihounese architecture in all its splendor. While it may not have been as grand or as magnificent as Devon's people's cities... it had a charm that many other human civilizations overlooked. The houses were simple, and the roads and bridges were made of pale gray stones which the occasional automobile or horse was seen coming down. The roofs had a unique look to them. They had large arches and prominent tiles, and on many of the houses you would see silk or cloth sliding screens with charm tags that hung from the front of the buildings. They had little inscriptions on them, in the language Tatsuke had been writing in last night. Since he was remembering a happy time, there were people who came down the streets, but they weren't very noisy. The crowd never seemed to raise above chatter and the people were very respectful to everyone that crossed paths. It was odd, though, that no one there seemed to have any kind of hair aside from black, and it would seem that many of them looked alike. Vendors sold goods that smelled warm and fresh, and occasionally the sound of an instrument or a child's noisemaker would ring out among the crowd. From what Tatsuke felt about the land, it was a very comfortable and kind place even if it seemed very reserved at the same time.

The most prominent part of the city was when Tatsuke took her to a bridge that crossed over a clear and lovely river. From that point on the city, a bronze dome reached gloriously into the sky, reflecting the sun almost as brightly as the moon. It almost seemed out of place with his grandeur and round design, yet despite that fact it still seemed to have some great significance to the city and all of its inhabitants, especially Tatsuke. He had been smiling gently the entire time as he showed her, but at that point, something came crashing down on him. He didn't give her a lot of time to admire the bronze tower. He brought her back to his home and the surrounding areas.

His home was the humblest of them all. It was moderately sized with a porch, two chairs and a rug sat on the deck. It, too, had sliding doors and charm tags that hung from the rafters. A black roof blended with brown wood. It was too small to have multiple stories, and a kind tree had grown along its sides placing one part of his branches on the top of the house and the other off to the side. Tatsuke didn't show her the inside. Instead he took her around the property, and there was a lot of property. There was enough that a few farmers lived on the flat ground, growing some kind of crop in watery fields. Rice. Mountains loomed both nearby and in the distance as the flat land, and his estate, ended. Around the mountain's bases lay forests and springs, the brown trunks the only thing standing between green grass and green leaves. "The land changes as the year time passes. This land... green in summer, white in winter, orange in fall and pink in spring." The land changed. Suddenly the air was heavy with pink blossoms and the smell of flowers. The delicate petals floated atop the lakes and springs, and rest peacefully in the grass. Tatsuke held a hand up in this dream world, and a petal landed in his gentle hand. "Sakura." He spoke the name as it sounded to him. Softly and lightly, impeded only by the 'K', else the word would be no more than a whisper in the wind. He heard from a wise man once that a man could wait his whole life for a perfect cherry blossom bloom, and it would not be a life wasted.

All the while, the city stood far in the background, as if it was always present in his mind. Never truly leaving.

Jaden huffed quietly and stared at the table, "No, I don't think so. But that's just my culture..." he sighed. "By not letting our children get away with even petty things like immature pranks, we have a very disciplined society. If you let them go on something, they'll think it's ok and keep doing it. Pranks are more for close friends. Doing cruel ones to strangers is just asking for a beating" he laughed quietly, lightly putting his palm to his forehead. "From what I've seen people still get beating from their friends over pranks. Imagine what they'd do to a stranger" he mused, looking at Jeth again. He looked at the clock, "Perhaps we should find gym... or do you have gym today?" he asked the elemental. Jaden hadn't even acknowledged the twins because of his previous thought.

Kira stuffed her hands in her pockets as she descended down the stairs, "I don't like being in the spotlight. If I'm going to try and fail at something, I'd rather be at the back of the class while doing do" she pouted. Kira pulled her schedule from her pocket, "Whatever the case... Gym is on the ground level" she grumbled. Four flights of stairs later, she walked across the floors by the larger classrooms. The class numbers grew until she spotted the right one and entered. The walls were a light, pleasant color and the floors were a soft wood- typical for a gym floor. She tapped her foot on the ground to test the floor. It almost felt squishy. It looked like a student was already here, sitting. She followed suit, though sitting a distance away from them.

Nami watched the events unfold in the cafeteria, but remained quiet. She had no interest in the quarrels of others. Instead she ate her fill and disposed of her plate. Coorta followed after her. Nami waved to Tiberius as she left the cafeteria. Finding the class wasn't hard since she was already on the ground floor and she went inside. Nami counted 3 people now with their dragons. "Mmm" she hummed quietly. Nami took a seat on the floor with hesitation. She hoped the floor was clean.

A quiet clicking of heels echoed in the gym room. A woman with feathered wings, and long bubblegum-pink hair pulled back in a ponytail entered the room. Various crystals seemed to float next to her in some places of her clothing. Her skin was a creamy ivory and her eyes sparkled periwinkle. "Good morning students, I see you are early. I will be your gym teacher- Professor Hawkins" she walked in further to examine the students.

((Herp, this is Professor Hawkins.))

Austin followed Kira into the class, looking around. The floor felt... weird beneath his shoes, and he knelt down to touch it. It was almost spongy, and he didn't like it. He was glad he didn't share this class with Kira. As the teacher came in he shied away. "I'm sorry miss I'm not actually in your class. I was walking my uh..." He paused, fidgeting. He didn't want to offend Kira by calling her something she wasn't but didn't want to call her anything less than what she was... "I walked Kira to class. I apologize I'll be on my way just after our good byes."

Reverence and awe? Is that what worshiping held emotionally? Why would Autumn revere Mistry as a God? Whatever the reason, the Gracidona felt she would disrespect the Phytomorph if she questioned after a reason. When Autumn took the schedule and shortly sent a feeling of urgency, Mistry paused, lightly tapping a fore-hoof once. Where was this gym class? Flickering her gaze from side to side, she took the image Autumn provided her and associated it with the strange letters at the top of the page for use as a definition as necessary.

Gratitude was the next sensation Mistry sent to Autumn, accompanying it with a dip of her head. She would have to find Autumn again after her class and perhaps communicate a bit more later. However, now she needed to hurry off to her only class for the day. As she trotted away, she departed with a sense of apology towards Autumn, wishing to lend the female her sympathy for the loss of her people. Mistry had seen it once or twice before, the extinction of a race, a culture. It was saddening really but there wasn't much one could do beyond a certain point. She only hoped that Autumn would be able to live a long life.

Entering a slight gallop, the Gracidona turned down various hallways, uncertain about which way she needed to go. Eventually, she came to realize that she had gone in a circle or two, deciding to try different paths. Finally, she found what she hoped to be the Gym class. There were a few others already waiting in the large room and a woman was finishing up with introducing herself. That must have been the teacher. 'Professor' was a new title Mistry had yet to hear of but she gathered the meaning quickly. As her hooves never made a sound, only the students facing the double doors would catch Mistry's entrance.

---

Soria studied the two-headed hatchling now, her faint frown growing a bit more. "What's wrong? Is something bothering you two? Or are you sick? If you're sick, we should head to the clinic so you can get taken care of." She didn't slow her pace however, uncertain as to if she should stop them from going to the library or if that was what they needed to solve their problem.

Duordin moved over to walk at the Bloodscale's opposite side, a confused expression in his green eyes. "Take care? We? You?" Maybe he should just stay quiet. Words were so foreign to him and the young hatchling was baffled by how anyone else could speak so easily.

---

Ow. Having your fall suddenly arrested by someone grabbing your wrist did not do wonders for your arm and shoulder connected to that wrist. However, that didn't hold much importance in Felic's mind. What did though, was the fact that Sin's own branch broke under their combined weight. That poor tree.

Falling once more, the Empath's back collided with a lower branch, sending him tumbling over and failing to grab it for an emergency brake. Head aimed towards the ground, Felic attempted to reach for anything to stop his fall before he could make acquaintance with the blades of grass and soil. Luckily for him, he got that sudden stop. Unfortunately, it was due to his ankle getting tangled in the pinch of two branches, effectively leaving him to hang upside down.

Blood rushing to his head, he faintly struggled with his draping coat and tie. "I'm, uh... I'm below you... Define 'all right,' please?" He wasn't seriously hurt, just perhaps a little bruised. He would be feeling the ache in his spine tomorrow morning and it was hard to tell if his ankle was twisted, trapped between branches as it were. He felt queasy, brought up by both their fears, panic, and the adrenaline of falling. "How about you? Hope you don't mind being late for another class..." Was that an attempt at humor despite the situation? If Sin laughed, then it was.

The branch holding him cracked and the boy held his breath, staring pleadingly at the wooden limb. It broke off and he crashed the remaining few feet to the ground, groaning in pain as his lungs were forcibly emptied.

Edited by Narvix

Kira swiveled her head at the sound of clicking heels. She looked the teacher up and down. ...Why would you wear heels?... Maybe all the physical teachers are just nutjobs she thought, furrowing her brow at the thought of Linole. She wanted to show him a thing or two. Why did I even take combat in the first place? It's not like I need it. Besides that formal bull**** isn't my style she thought, a frown tugging at the side of her mouth. She caught herself as Austin seemed to struggle over how to explain his actions. He acted... curious non the less to her. Did she confuse him that badly on her intentions? Her flashbacks had brought another question to mind. "You don't mind ferrets do you?" she asked, pointing to Faize sitting on Chobit next to her. "Hey" he greeted the teacher.

Nami stroked Coorta's mane. Upon closer inspection, the floor seemed quite clean. I guess it is pretty nice here... though I hope they have showers. Who wants to walk around icky and sweaty all day? she thought, looking at the ceiling. Nami tilted her head around to get a look at the teacher, Oh, a pixie, how interesting... they are energetic, aren't they? she smiled out of amusement.

Ms. Hawkins smiled as Austin stammered for an explanation. "No need to worry. You're welcome to join us even once class starts. The more the merrier. But it seems we are quite early anyway. Half the students are missing" she mused, raising a finger thoughtfully to her chin as she looked around. Her bright eyes flickered to Kira, "Not a problem dear, I'm sure, sentient as he is, he can join in" she winked at the ferret. Miku, her pixie dragon flew into the class. She looked fully grown, or close to it. Her scales were a gentle sea foam green and she had long, baby blue hair, a pink flower secured by her horns. Her eyes were the same blue, looking disinterested at the rest of the class. She stood up on her haunches, being 7 or 8 feet tall.

"May I introduce my companion- Miku. She is a pixie dragon and will be working with us. You'll all be working with your dragons in this class. It's good to grow and train together. Forms a good, working bond between partners" Ms. Hawkins declared brightly, her hands going to her hips. Miku nodded slightly, but said nothing. "Ah yes, she is quite quiet. I assure you, she can understand you though, she won't bite"

Ms. Hawkins turned as Miku nudged her after noticing the new student. "Welcome student, I'll be your teacher. You may call me Professor or Ms. Hawkins. Take a seat wherever you like"

Edited by Sai

"Hold still..." Choru commanded to the squirming hatchling who was on his back as Choru applied bandages to his ointment-streaked belly. The Valravn didn't have a lot of talent, so he made sure to use his medical skills whenever possible. Herbal healing was an art lost in modern times since magic had developed so far. But magic healing had its weaknesses that some people didn't know about. Many dark mages, who could absorb magic, often feigned injury and when healing mages went to heal them, they sometimes used the link to shoot the dark magic along the stream and attack the opponent's life points directly. Then you had races who either scorned magic, or found that magic had no affect on them. Morke wasn't any of the above, not for Choru at least, but Choru kept his healing abilities in high esteem because he knew it would help someone someday, and he was proud of himself for being able to use it without thumbs. Or fingers.

"There." Morke had a spiffy brown wrap around his torso, covering up all the wounds he'd gotten in the fight. But Choru wasn't smiling and admiring his handiwork as usual. He was still guilty that he wasn't there to stop it sooner, and that in his absence, no one had had the moral decency to stop the fight between two not-even toddlers. If in the first three hours of life his hatchling got into a fight, what did that say about himself as a caretaker? Choru didn't seem like the paternal type, but he loved kids. He always wanted to be in charge on his own. What was the point, if his children would die young and have a crappy father anyway? It wouldn't be fair.

"Don't. Don't do that." Morke tried to be gentle when he pushed his head against Choru's chest. Instead he slammed himself hard against Choru, causing the Valravn to have to take a step back. He looked down at the hatchling though, so the goal was achieved anyway. "I don't like when you do, that. Be loud. And angry. Just not that!" Morke clung to Choru, pushing and not realizing his own strength. From the moment he hatched, he was almost too large to be manhandling Choru. Another fault of the Valravn's. Sometimes, people were just too big for love, in a thousand different ways. Even for a Terrae when he was fully grown, Morke may not fit in. A gigantic freak among gigantic freaks. Choru sat, half to brace himself and half to keep comfortable, and hovered a paw around his back. "Morke... You have to realize that in life, making others feel the way you want them to feel isn't all it's cracked up to be. The way you want to change people... it doesn't just make them sad or fearful. Your methods make people hateful and angry. If you do that your whole life, no one will want to be with you." "Even you?" Morke's eyes were damp and pleading. "...Even me, Morke. Even dark beasts have a limit. But even dark beasts don't want to be alone."

The other kind of manipulation, Choru wasn't ready to share with Morke. Morke was only a child, he wouldn't be able to understand the trauma of making someone trust you then murdering their trust. Or worse. Valravn weren't feared for their strong abilities, it was for their sweet words and charming eyes. From the time he was little, Choru had been taught all about manipulation and desire. He saw his littermates go from cute and playful to hardcore killers. He'd more than once seen their black and brown bodies streaked with the blood of their enemies. He was the only white puppy in that litter, so he could never hide the fact he didn't always accept the sacrifices. His kind hunted the Gracedonia, they had many enemies, and they'd lived passed the birth and deaths of countless races and civilizations. People hated him for who and what he was, but would they prefer a shadowed beast from the Dark Woods? "Morke. I'm going to show you why we don't like pain."

He took him to a point in the forest where only a sliver of golden sun peaked through the trees. Morke liked its cool embrace, the surrounding darkness, but he wasn't looking forward to the lecture. He liked what he liked, and he didn't want to be told what he liked was wrong. But he was surprised when Choru came down from a tree with something gently in his jaws. It was a baby bird, and it was tweeting piteously as if it was crying in fear. Choru commanded him to hold his paws out, and when Morke did, Choru placed the baby bird in his open paws. "Look at this bird. Tell me what you see." "...Weakness." "Now what do you see in this one?" Choru placed another bird in Morke's paws. This one was cold, and limp. It made no noise. "What's wrong with it?" He moved the paw with the bird it in. It still didn't move or make a sound. His eyes filled with distress, and his hands grew desperate. He shook it, he tossed it in the air once, he blew air mixed with wisps of black magic at it. It didn't move. "This bird is dead, Morke. It will never see, or breath, or eat, or make a noise ever again. It feels nothing, and it never will feel anything. No fear, no sadness, no anger, no joy. It's gone forever." The bird in the dragon's other hand still wailed for its mother, though its cries had calmed. Morke had both birds in his hands as he started yelling at the live one, "No! Stop! You're gonna dead! SCREAM!" There was that devil roar again. It sure scared the bird enough to cry. Morke calmed down a little. "People don't die because they calm down, Morke. They die because they're in too much pain. Sometimes a body is hurt so much it can't heal. Others can't handle pain... so they die." He wasn't going to explain suicide, not yet. He already seemed to get through to Morke, judging by the tears that were coming out of the red eyes. He was silent for a moment, snuffling and sniffing. "...F-fix it, papa... please?" He thrust the dead bird at his chest. "Please?" Choru gently pushed the paw with the dead bird down. "Death is defeat, Morke. No one can reverse death. That's why you must be very careful." Not without dire consequence, he added mentally, but again, that was a topic for a much older dragon.

The bird continued to cry, and Morke stared at it. "The bird isn't weak, Morke. Anything that's alive is much stronger than you believe. We take life for granted because we're surrounded by it. Your powers are a blessing and a curse. Dark beings, truly dark beings, are born without remorse." "What's remorse?" "Remorse is a feeling you get after you do something very bad. When someone kills someone else, they're supposed to feel remorse without question. People can loose it over time, but we have to gain it. That's why you never seem to met a dark beast of average intelligence. We either learn, or we don't." Dark was not tied to the everyman. It was the signature of madmen and leaders, as well as mindless grunts and imps. Why was a dark mailman a silly idea? Because of what Choru said. Morke looked at the live bird... and nodded. "I understand."

Choru put the baby bird back in the nest where it belonged and buried the dead bird. "Now Morke, let's get to gym. We have-" He sat upright and put his paws together, spreading them slowly and making a rainbow extend from one paw to the next as he pulled away, "Responsibility!" "Stop papa your stupid is showing." "So help me I WILL ground you."

~~~

"All right means nothing is broken and all your teeth are intact." She scrambled on the branch for a hold, her claws making loud scratching noises on the bark. She laughed a little at his joke, mostly out of nervousness. But then the cracking noise of his branch ran out and he went tumbling to the ground. She looked down to him, and was relieved to see he hadn't broken his neck or anything. She snickered, a hesitant laugh coaxing its way out of her chest. It kept rising in volume, pushed on by the apprehension of the moment and how utterly terrified they had just been. An after-the-storm laugh. Of course, because she had everything knocked out of her as her stomach had slammed into the branch she was hacking between every few laughs, a few painful tears coming out of her eyes. "L-look at us, we're such a bunch of dopes!" She looked at the distance between her and the ground. She was still laughing as she asked, "How'm I gonna get down? I'll just let go and high-five every branch with my face, eh?" She let out a deep breath and a cough, then slowly inched her way to the trunk. Claws came in handy at this moment most of all, when she could drag herself down a tree with them like a cat.

Edited by Luckyclaw

Blinking a few wet drops out of his eyes, Felic carefully sat up and tilted his head back. He watched Sin as she debated on what she could do. When she started climbing her way down, he wanted to share a laugh with her about them being dopes but it hurt too much. "I'm alright then. Bruised, but not broken or missing any teeth." While Sin reached the trunk and began her descent, he glanced at his ankle and moved his foot to test the joint. Well, it wasn't broken but it did feel uncomfortable. Lovely. A temporary pain that he would deal with for the morning and hopefully abate by lunch time.

Rising to his feet, he covered his discomfort and, whatever signs he might show, could be assumed as him shaking off the terror of falling. The Empath started to fix his clothes, raking his gaze across the ground near the tree trunk in search of his dropped apples. Finding them, he gathered them and waited for Sin to finish climbing down. "Who's up for round two?" he asked jokingly, nodding his head in the direction of a taller and thicker tree.

---

Take a seat? Now, that would certainly be an odd position for a creature like Mistry to be in. Sure, some four-legged creatures like cats or dogs could sit on their rears but, deer-like or horse-like animals? It was a rare and funny sight to see a deer or horse sitting down like a cat or dog. More often than not, when a creature with Mistry's body structure 'sat,' it came in the form of laying down. So, glancing around at the few other students within the room, Mistry was uncertain about the word 'seat.' At any rate, she entered the gym completely and made her way to the side where she 'sat' with all four legs tucked underneath and her tail wrapped along her side.

She grinned wide. Another grin she meant as accepting the challenge but could come across as mischief or malice. It was all in her shark teeth. "If you're up for it tomorrow. I have class in..." She looked at the sun, "...Now." Well, shoot. Sin didn't bother with gathering individual apples. She went over to the branch she'd been on before it snapped and place a foot around the middle of it, then grabbed the end and pulled. It came undone with an earsplitting snap, the apples at the end dangling like a hobo's knapsack. She swung it over her shoulder. Sin had more than enough apples on the end of the split wood. The rest of the apples would be eaten by woodland creatures, as they were supposed to be.

"C'mon, we gotta get back to school and store these apples before I'm super late. If the gym teacher is anything like my aunt, I'll be doing sit-ups until the sun sets in the east." He didn't seem to be hurt, and if he was she didn't want to call him out on it. Her people didn't complain unless the pain was unbearable. As for Sin, she had been hurt less than she would have thought she'd be. There was going to be nasty bruises on her upper back and stomach, but it was nothing she wouldn't be able to bear.

As for Mitch, he was slowly climbing down the topmost part of the tree. He'd bounded off Sin the moment she grabbed Felic, because he totally saw that coming. He was on her shoulder by the time they were moving out.

Edited by Luckyclaw

( spreading them slowly and making a rainbow extend from one paw to the next as he pulled away, "Responsibility!" "Stop papa your stupid is showing." "So help me I WILL ground you."

I lost it. Scared my grandma a bit...

A lot.)

Austin shook his head at the teacher. As much as I would love to, I have some errands I must complete today before my class. Maybe next week." He turned back to Kira, fidgeting again. "I apologize for that... Kinda scene type thing. I didn't quite know what to say... my first instinct was something slightly... more than friends. I didn't want to offend you in anyway." He said quietly, low enough that no one else should be able to hear him. Artemis sighed again, scampering up onto his shoulder quickly. She curled around his neck, claws gripping his coat on both shoulders. She looked over at Chobit and Faize, wondering if the other dragon was mad at her at all.

~~~

Autumn sent Mistry an understanding sense as she left, as well as an image of her homegrown abode in the forests, in case she wanted to talk later. She then stood, looking over the cafe. Her next target had fled, and she needed to track him... so she stepped to the doors he had left from, and breathed deeply, trying to pick up the wolf's scent. Having no luck, she crossed the cafeteria, tapping the Drider on his back. He was an unfamliar species to him, but she held few fears. "Excuse me, you seemed to know that Valravn well enough, do you know where he went?" Truce shook his head, internally sighing. Why was everyone so interested in the self righteous jerk... "No, but I'd check room 222 or the forest. He uses sacrifices for his magic, so if he was using that to heal his hatchling, he might be out there." Autumn nodded, departing the cafe and exiting the building. Stepping into the forest, she placed her hand against a tree. Feeling the network, no, the family of tree in the forest, she had the limbs creak, shake, shiver, hoping to flush the creature out. "VALRAVN! COME TO THE ENTRANCE! I HAVE A DEMAND OF YOU!" She screamed, before heading back to the entrance and leaning against the doorway.

Jeth chuckled as Jaden explained the nature of pranks. "That is true. When young ones roam too freely they think themselves empowered. " He said glancing to Chip who was thoroughly enjoying a chin scratch. "Isn't that right Chip?" He said teasing her. "What?" She said not pulling away from Truce. Jeth chuckled and turned back to Jaden. "I do not have a class today. So I shouldn't hold you here. Have fun Jaden." He said cheerily to the untamed.

"So Truce do you also have the day off or do you have classes as well?" The elemental asked turning his attention to Truce.

Truce shook his head, returning to scratching Chip's chin after the interruption by the Phytomorph. The variety of races at this school was beginning to no longer surprise him. He knew of many from his studies, but that one had escaped his knowledge, and he made a mental note to find the other creature later, as she seemed to be a hybrid of two things, much like him. "No, none of the classes for this day interested me much, gym being the peak. People ride ME like a mount, if their more of your friend here's size, you would probably be a stretch. As for climbing rocks... I was born with that knowledge. My... physical being gives me much of that ability. Half scorpion and all, kinda just there." He explained, motioning to his body sheepishly. He turned to Jaden, extending his hand. "I believe I've met your hatchling as well, but not you. My name is Truce, and my hatchling seemed to have more important things than to hang out with me lately. I've seen little of them since they hatched. I apologize for their absence, they did seem quite flustered."

(Everyone, from now on, please imagine Truce with the best English accent you can think of. I think it will make it much more funny.)

~~~

Meanwhile, the hatchling was scampering down the halls frantically. They both shook their head furiously, looking at the girl. Dameon started with, "I cannot hear my brother's thoughts anymore. I assume he cannot hear mine. We... we're unfamiliar with this. I want to go to the library before the clinic, to study. No need to wastes someone else's time before we've wasted our own." Xavier nodded, agreeing frantically. He noticed the larger hatchling asking if he could help. He shook his head, hoping he had understood. "No no Bigger One, we're not sure if we NEED healing yet. I appreciate your concern though. If we can help you in anyway, let us know. Our species is usually a pest, but I think we make great teachers."

"Then perhaps we can spend the day together Truce. I understand your people live beneath the land like we do." He said beginning to get excited. "Perhaps you would let me sculpt you." He added already sizing the man up for a statue. He hoped Truce would allow it. He'd already made a miniature of Jaden maybe he could do one of Truce too. The man's peculiar body looked challenging and that made the elemental eager to give sculpting it a try.

Truce smiled, nodding. "Yes, my life has included a very large amount of time underground. In fact I've met a few of your people, though they are usually under the control of one of the Drow sorcerers, or the Grey Gnomes or Dark Dwarfs. As for a sculpting, it would be my honor to be sculpted by and Artisan such as yourself. As well as spending some time with another denizen of thhe Underdark. Your people may have a different name for it, but that's just what I have called the caves beneath us for my entire life."

((Imaginaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatiooooooooooooon~~~))

Jaden smiled sheepishly at Jeth, "No, I don't suppose you'd do well in gym. The whole speed versus mass issue and all" he laughed, imagining Jeth mowing others down as he tried to slow himself. His ears perked at Truce's introduction. "Ah... hello, I'm Jaden. Sorry, but I have to go to class" he pointed over his shoulder. Jaden grabbed his plate and dumped it off before running from the cafeteria. Zeek jumped from the table, flying speedily after him, "Wait up, Jay-jay!" he called. Jaden slid into the class. It seemed nothing had started. He gave a smile to the teacher and sat on the floor with the others. Zeek fluttered his wings as he came to a hovering halt and landed next to his companion.

Kira rubbed the back of her head, "Nah, it's fine. What you call me is your preference really" she tried to sound indifferent. "But perhaps you should go, class is probably starting soon. Unless you wanna run laps" she slitted her eyes with a smirk.

Austin paled, what little color was in his human form draining from his face faster than his heart was beating. "W-welll... um... what if I... well... lets think of it... um... what I'm trying to say is... god damn it..." He started frantically, his body going rigid with fear. "Ahhhh censorkip.gif it. What if I wanted to call you my... my girlfriend." Came his sheepish finish. His hands disappeared behind his back, and he teetered on his feet like a four year old asking his parents for a cookie.

(OH GOD THE DRAMA! THE SUSPENSE! THE ****ty POST!)