picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

(I never said it actually did any damage, just that he had attacked with streams of magic that absorb dark magic. That was the power of his attack. She chose for it not to work.)

Fighting that dragon head on really was attacking a dragon head-on. He was a hatchling whose head was held above the rest. She came at him and his scales only paled more and more, the green around his claws brightening. The Valravn's dragon was a breed that was known for its size and its power, protectors and guardians of the forest. This drakeling was one of a long pedigree of ancient protectors... corrupted. Charging him was possibly the worst mistake. His arms were spread like a bear, eyes dark red like blood wine. He used her momentum against her, lunging at her with the intention to trap her in his iron grasp. He didn't know what he would do afterwards, but his jaw was itching somehow. His claws just wanted to scratch and his fangs wanted to bite/ He was just running on the instinct of what he should do in a fight. "Worthless!" For a baby dragon, that roar was something else. It was angry and spiteful, bellowing out of his chest like a newborn devil's first cry.

~~~

Sin's spine shivered at the low sound of the bellow. It wasn't something that sounded like brute force, it was no lion's roar... it was more the delivery that caused her heart to throb. It sounded like it had come from the hot irons of a hellish landscape. Like something unholy had been ripped from its mother's stomach. She scraped the underside of her mostly-healed finger with a razor fang and slowly raised the drop of blood to the sky. She was asking her god for safety and good luck. "I... don't think it was the feeling of any man..." Her silver gaze was fixed ahead. She'd seen some horrible things. If that cry frightened her, it was obviously something on a whole other level of hell. "...Apple trees are pretty easy to spot, yeah. When you see some red it usually means they're there.... unless it's a cardinal... or me..." She wasn't speaking intelligently. She was just speaking to say something else aside from how utterly fell it seemed. Sin wasn't raised to like demons and she hadn't been given a reason to like them yet... especially not if they were any small part like that evil screech.

~

Someone else heard that bellow. A wolf-like creature in hot pursuit of a Terrae that had probably been corrupted by dark magic. "...Oh censorkip.gif." Please don't let it be Morke, please don't let it be Morke, was a mantra in his head. There was no time for running. After a few more long strides Choru's paws lifted from the ground, the sound of feathers beating against air filling the void that clacking nails had made. What had he created, with nothing but good intentions in his heart?

Edited by Luckyclaw

Chobit saw him spread out his claws in an attempt to grab her. She used her smaller size to an advantage, instead ducking under his claws and lunging her horns for his exposed nether regions. She jammed her head forward quickly to try and hit quickly while his arms were spread out above. He ignored his attempt to insult or roar at her. Chobit was far from easy to scare. Fear or other emotions did not come easy to her over solid logic. She was more focused on crippling him right now. And what better way that a below-the-belt shot?

What better way to utilize his size than to get off his haunches so there was a gap where she was aiming? In a show of muscle in his hind legs, he shoved all his weight onto his very back paws and lifted himself so her head would shoot under his legs and get stuck between his ankles. When that happened, he would drop back all of his weight onto her caught body in a Terra-sized body slam, butt-first. 'Morke' was usually too heavy to be on his back paws so he almost always sat on his rear when balancing upright, even when lunging. A male Terrae dragon at his size would usually have better wings to support himself, better than the puny webbed stumps he sported, but he'd grown too fast. Supporting all of his weight on his back paws and lifting his tail wasn't something he could do for long.

(I think I forgot to mention that when he lunges up, he's usually too heavy to be on his back paws so he's low to the ground in all cases, supported his his entire heel and tail Sorry If I neglected that.)

Chobit frowned as his weight to lift his rump up. She saw the essential situation of her head getting lodged in the new gap and smirked. He'd forgotten her horns curved upward. She kept her head moving forward until it was between his legs she then gave a rough jerk upward, moving her weight into it so as to still try to perform a below-the-belt shot. She was careful to use enough weight in the shove that she couldn't immediately be pressed back down if sat on.

((That was confusing as you mentioned bear stance, I just figured bear stance *shrug*

Also... he does know she has spines down her back right? I mean, of all choices of things to slam your butt down on...))

Edited by Sai

(I don't think reptile genitals work that way. They're in a kind of sheath and they go back into the belly when they don't use them. I owned an anole once. I think attacking his crotch would really just be like hitting any other part of his body. As for the stance, imagine this with his rump and tail on the ground.)

(Morke's a bit of a masochist but he doesn't know it yet. He's only... three hours old? Four? The biggest concepts of pain he has is his weight on his paws as he jumped down from Choru's top bunk, the good pain of stretching, and maybe a pot or a pan falling on him. Only the pot/pan was that bad.)

His body stance allowed him to fall directly on top of her. He would take a hit from her it gave him the opportunity to crush her. He allowed gravity to take him over. It wasn't just his rump that would keep her in place, it would be his whole body. He tossed all idea of pain to the wind, her spikes would stab him but he didn't care. He was going to crush the unworthy one under the massive weight of his dark gift.

Edited by Luckyclaw

((Yeah but that aint any diamond pouch of armor. I bet they'd feel a spike on their junk))

Chobit grinned as she felt her horns and spines dig into his scales. Her neck jerked downward painfully from the weight. She glared ahead, able to hold him partially since he was only a little bigger. She was not able to lift his weight but instead shifted her pre-placed footing and weight to make them fall sideways instead. Chobit was by far not a weak dragon. Being at least a day older, she was sure she had her bearings a bit better than a newly hatched dragon, heavy or not.

At least two of her spikes punctured his skin, and all the rest dug into the soft underbelly. But the searing hot jabs, this new and awful feeling... he liked it, in some way. Not how it felt, really... maybe more of the concept? He would think on it further later. And he liked how his red blood looked. It was cold but sticky, yet it also flowed. It smelled good, too. His belly was screaming for him to let go, but he liked it. He liked it and hated it at the same time. It was like telling his body a big fat 'NO' and doing what he wanted. Was... was this what fear felt like? It kind of caused the same affect. It made you want to scream and squirm. He hoped it was! He wanted to know what it was like and this would be a cool thing to inflict if he wanted to make others squirm. Morke was inexperienced, but he was strong. A day wasn't a long amount of time in any case. Their position was reversed, and right in front of him was her tail. His teeth chomped down on it, hard. He had tasted a lot of good things so far... this wasn't one of them. He didn't like it, but he liked to chew on it anyway. It was obviously going to make the female feel pain. His claws fastened hard around the female, shoving her spikes into him but he'd be damned if he let go now when he had her.

(Long sucky post. I'll continue in the morning. Choru's going to poof in and end the fight.)

Chobit reassessed the situation. They were now effectively tangled in with each other. She dispersed the smoke screen as it no longer provided use in the situation. Her horns and spines remained lodged in his underbelly. She kept her head pressed up into him for extra measure. She wanted to get as much out of this as she could. As the other hatchling chomped down on her tail, pain shot up her back. She refused to wail, gritting her teeth instead. She wanted to pay him back, digging her claws into the nearest leg. "Mindless beast" she snarled. This hatchling seemed to be causing a lot of trouble for everyone- she would do as much damage as she could give to this troublemaker. A bite on her tail she could live with.

Austin growled lightly as Chobit dove into the smoke. "Don't get hurt Artemis... He chanted in his head, until Artemis back up out of the smoke. He watched the two dragonlings grapple and bite, then looked at Kira. "What if she gets hurt? Aren't you a little worried?" He asked about Chobit, moving closer still. As the smoke screen dissipated he watched Chobit get sat on, then them flip over. He was worried about them, even the one he didn't know.

Artemis watched in horror as the two fought, and screamed, "Stop it stop it STOP IT!" A puff of purple flame came out, licking at the table. "NO MORE HURTING EACH OTHER!"

~~~

Truce had been keeping an eye on the trio of hatchling making the scene, watching the big one intently. The coloring looked familiar for some reason... His head jerked as Soria sat down, and he smiled. "Sorry, I hadn't noticed you! Good morning Little Ones, how did you sleep?" The twins stepped up to Duordin and pawed at him. "Hi there We didn't meet much. Not tackling us today are you?" The twins smiled at soria as well, puffing twin plumes of smoke as a hello. "Do you have a riddle for us yet missy?"

Edited by DrakeOfBones

Maybe she could stand him biting her tail, but he used the position to aim his wildly kicking back claws at her face. He too, was just looking to inflict damage without any woes to damage taken on his part. "Unworthy peon!" If he was any position in a battle, he would be the tank. He continued to fight wildly, ignoring Artemis' calls to stop, until a conveniently timed Valravn came charging into the room which was soon to halt any further action. Not that Morke even noticed at first.

Choru was appalled. His blood was running cold, and spiking. He stopped in mid flight and came to a screeching halt. For three long seconds that felt like longer than three seconds, he just observed the caferteria. The two fighting, the gray one was definitely Morke. He could tell by the green glow of his paws and the fading of the scales that he was using magic similar to his. Morke was fighting another dragon and there was another dragon screeching at them to stop. No one was moving. No one was stopping them?! His blood was spiking, his lips drawn back and his tail raised like a wolf on the attack. Forget the dragons and what they were preoccupied with. This was going to stop and if no one was parenting their dragons, then he would!

Only three seconds. That's how long it took for him to charge into the table with full force. Naturally the table had been weighed down by the weight of dragons and food, with a grown wolf charging it in a fit of rage, using his wings to speed himself, it didn't stand a chance. Cakes, bacon, eggs, all toppled off in a shower of food. Morke was caught off gaurd. He kicked Chobit where he had been scratching at and scrambled in the air to get a hold. He only got a hold as he crashed to the ground. He stood up right away, his belly smeared an angry red and dripping onto the floor where he stood. Choru was standing above him in an instant, and Morke didn't like the sinking feeling in his stomach he got from seeing his caretaker give him such a truly enraged snarl.

"Are you all for real?!" Choru didn't fully sound like Choru anymore. This wasn't the kind of 'anger' he expressed when he was really nervous. "There are two children, no! Not even children, babies fighting on the food table and no one interjects?! They're not even a week old and you all just stand around? These are beings that have the maturity of toddlers but hold the power of gods in their paws and you all decide to let them fight it out! What where you thinking?! Someone could have been killed. We're in charge of them! Some example, letting them know that kicking and gouging each other's eyes out is perfectly fine! The table was on fire, these two were locked in a god damn death match, and we're all okay with that?! If you are, then you're sick!"

The pale dragon was fading back into color, and he was trying to scoot away from Choru. He felt like he should. He was stopped when Choru stepped on his tail to hold him in place. He could have broken free, but he didn't. "You're not going anyplace, Morke! Not until I get answers!" But Choru was so enraged right now, he wasn't going to listen to both dragons and deduct the truth. He needed it right now. Everything that happened. He turned to the table where Truce and Soria were. He didn't like Truce, but he sure didn't look like a liar. "Truce! Have you seen the whole thing? If you did, tell me what happened, word by word. Don't leave one detail out on any part. Please."

Chobit grimaced as she was clawed at. She dragged her claws down his leg in response. Before she could do more, the table they were on suddenly shifted. Her horns and claws were ripped from Morke as they tumbled to the floor. She picked herself up, ignoring the yelling at first to see the damage on herself. Bloody, but satisfied that he was too. Chobit watched Choru continue but rose her head and trotted off to Kira. Kira hadn't really considered the injury aspect. She fought so much, she learned not to care. "Baby or not, she likes to fight for me, and I like that. Maybe if you kept an eye on your troublemaker, there wouldn't be problems. Dont preach about responsibility when your baby is running around unsupervised" she made a snort of laughter. Kira picked Chobit up, "Wonder where the medical teacher is" she muttered.

Edited by Sai

Duordin sniffed at the twin's paws, playfully snapping his jaws before tilting his head when they spoke. For a brief moment he appeared confused but then shook his head in response. Soria chuckled lightly and rubbed her hatchling's back, tapping her chin as she thought. "A man passed a young boy on his way to Saint Ives. The man had seven wives and each wife had seven bags. In each bag, there were seven cats and each cat had seven kittens. Kittens, cats, bags, wives. How many were going to Saint Ives?" That was her riddle to the twins. She knew it was rather simple unless you let the words fool you but it was presently the one she knew off hand.

There was silence from her as she awaited the Bloodscales' answer, quickly glancing over at the table of disputing hatchlings. She was growing edgy now by the roaring and appeared as if ready to jump to her feet. However, Choru made his entrance before she could make up her confused mind and she cowered. Maybe it was a pathetic action for her to do. She was a witch with enough experience after all and she knew what her morals were. Yet, as Choru yelled about poor examples, she knew he was right and her expression fell. Certainly, Soria wasn't the only one at blame but, she could have intervened some how.

"I don't know what started any of this and I know I'm no better for not having said something but, Choru's right. I don't know your reasoning for it so I don't expect to understand why you take pleasure in knowing that an infant would fight for you. You should fight your own battles but, against a hatchling who seems to only be a handful of hours old, that would only be pathetic and low. We're at this school for a reason, yes? And, unless someone can correct me, that reason is to make amends with different races and to create a better atmosphere among everyone. That means, fighting each other isn't the way to go. I'm sure, whatever... Morke, was doing, he wasn't doing it to be malicious. If there were powers involved, maybe he was merely trying to see what he could do? After all, isn't that what we've done when we were younger and learned that we had some kind of ability? Everyone's guilty of curiosity, I'm sure." Soria had her gaze on Kira for the most part, her hands held out slightly in a non-aggressive manner. She didn't want to cause a second fight simply because someone didn't like her words or Choru's.

"These dragon's are hatchlings and, just like any infant in any race, I'm sure none are taught right out of the womb or egg that fighting is good. I can see it as something being taught as a way to survive if necessary but, not as something to savor. I might be wrong. There might be some races who are taught by previous generations to savor battle but I believe those races are rare and little in numbers. Creatures of any sort can't survive as a population if all they do is fight and kill; they'll only wipe themselves off the planet. It's no way to live."

Gathering Duordin in her arms, Soria paused briefly before stepping towards Choru. "I'll let you defend your stance, Choru, but try calming down some. Demanding answers and lecturing others isn't always the most effective when your thoughts and actions are controlled by intense emotion." To Kira again, she turned her gaze. "Knowing a bit of Morke's apparent abilities, I do not doubt that he might have gotten out of Choru's bedroom before he was awake. Dragons, from what I've read, can be crafty or very wise upon hatching if they've been within their eggs long enough to learn many things telepathically." Duordin squealed from Soria's arms, butting her chin lightly with the top of his head. The action made her smile and she brushed his scalp with her fingers. "However, they're hatchlings first and foremost. That means, they should be expected to act more like tiny children rather than expected to act like full grown adults who fight for a living. It's a shame that some don't realize this."

---

Now Felic was trembling, and not just from his fear alone. Sin's fear throbbed in his chest alongside his own, generating beads of sweat along his forehead. For a moment, he felt ill once more and his knees felt too weak to hold him but he kept his footing. "I think that was an attempt at a joke. Right?" He attempted a wan smile in response to Sin's comment of seeing red in a tree possibly meaning it was her.

Inhaling deeply, he straightened out his back and ran his fingers through his dark hair. "Wild apple trees typically grow in large cluster, right? Or am I wrong? I didn't have access to any forests back at the orphanage since it was surrounded by a large city. Otherwise, I'd only see one or two apple trees in a random garden here or there."

Edited by Narvix

Kira rolled her eyes, "She wanted to defend me, that's her choice. They're our friends, not our pets. Try to remember that. You can't force them to do anything. And yes, that thing over there was being malicious. He seems to enjoy pain, so he had what was coming. They aren't stupid, they're young, but they are perfectly aware of their actions. Don't use age as an excuse. Let me put it this way. I don't care if his being a brat was due to experimentation. If he comes near me again, I'm going to drop kick him across this forest" she pointed over her shoulder to the forest outside the windows. "You don't want him to get hurt then make sure he behaves. Mess with a bull and you get the horns" she lectured. Kira didn't care how old someone was. It was never to be used as an excuse to her. "Make your peace by behaving" she added. Chobit licked her tail wound dry. Kira looked down at her dragon and then to Austin, "I'm going to find the medical teacher" she said, picking Chobit up and walking briskly from the cafeteria. Chobit stuck her tongue out as they left. Faize stayed with Austin for casual company.

Edited by Sai

It was later than usual that the twins actually awoke, and the two quickly got dressed and headed out to the cafeteria for some breakfast. They piled their plates high, and sat in a remote location, beginning their morning meal in silence.

It appeared that the people they had met last night were here, however the twins did not greet them, not yet, as it was Takeru tradition to speak only mentally during a meal, and they were both too tired to focus their minds to do so at the distance they were at.

However, they did not get far into their meal as the harsh words beset them, coming to their attention like fingernails on a chalkboard. Kyru stood, and approached where Choru, Soria, Chobit, Morke and a few others were discussing something, and asked, "What is the problem?" Teru was not far behind her brother, though she remained silent.

Edited by IceFyr1928

[i suppose there is. I didn't really see that. Guess I'll have to edit my post then.]

((You can't milk those....))

Sleep and Nick didn't go well together, though he wanted to, he just never got around to it. Dark circles made their homes under his eyes, and he stumbled every now and then, to tired to watch where he was walking. Aurora drifted beside Nick as he made his way to the cafeteria, and Rein was off hunting or something. Nick was to tired to care. As he entered the cafeteria he passed Kira and an injured Chobit on their way out. He nodded in greeting, but didn't bother saying anything.

[[urrr.... Can't milk what? Also x3 Some name typos. Sai wrote Drake instead of Austin and Ice, you wrote Sin instead of Soria haha. Also, Drake lol you'd put Austin in place of Truce earlier tongue.gif Just catching these now as I'm going 'Wait, what? Who?]]

[Oh... I meant to say Kira, but I got her mixed up with Sin, for whatever reason. My brain does that sometimes...]

[And I just realized that Kira walked away... Man, today is just one of those days that your brain doesn't want to work...]

Edited by IceFyr1928

(Sai I'm assuming when you Said Drake in your post you meant Austin.

Apparently it's not good idea to name charachters after yourself xd.png

Went back and fixed the Truce/Austin bit)

Truce turned to his hatchlings, standing as he did so. "Stay here, I have to take care of this." He told them, walking over to Austin and Choru. "No, the redhead does have some defense. Your... hatchling here seems to have gotten a few... tips from your little ritual last night. I've never seen anything do what he's done except the dark priests of the drow race. His powers certainly aren't... natural." He started, his hands behind his back. "White the female hatchling may have over reacted slightly, Morke here did send something to antagonize your friend, am I right demon?" Austin nodded, corss his arms angrily. "It was messing with the food, animating it into some sort of... spider type thing. As for you Valravn, I expect you to lower your tone and respect my friends a bit better before I show you what true demonic magic can do. This school is, as the lady mentioned, for mending ties between races."

Truce turned to Soria now, his face soft yet a little disappointed. "As for inherited... ruthlessness, I can personally vouch for there being species that are born with the lust for fighting in them. Hell ninety nine point nine percent of drow are exactly that way. Sometimes it's not entirely about logic when it comes to that state of mind, it's about instinct. And that brings me back to you, Choru. Lion pups play fight, daily, learning to fight and hunt from nearly the day they are born. Yes, it's bloody, yes this school is supposed to help stop the wars. But, coming from a society of strife and blood, I can tell you it won't happen. Yes it will help but there is never a point where greed, envy, and anger won't cause some sort of a battle."

"You cannot blame us for letting them fight. Like you said, I was watching. And you of all people should know that had it gotten out of hand I would have put a stop to it. Hell you forget the other little one here, I believe she's the demon's hatchling, she was telling them to stop just before you showed up." Artemis looked down, away from everyone. She felt bad that she couldn't have pulled the larger hatchlings apart, and was rather embarrassed for lighting the table on fire. Truce continued, kneeling down and patting the girl. "She did as good as she can do. You hatchling started it, and much like you now, the other dragon decided to defend her partner. Blame her if you want, but that doesn't make you any more right." Austin nodded, picking up Artemis and beckoning to Faize. "Come on. Lets go find Kira."

Edited by DrakeOfBones

((Oh god dammit.

"You cant milk those" is a reference to LoL's Champion Alistar, who is a minotaur. It's one of his taunts))

Kira looked on her schedule, "It's on the 4th floor..." she rambled as she climbed the stairs. One trip later she was walking down the 4th floor hallway. "There we are" she said, spotting the room number. Kira poked her head into the room. It was a strange classroom. The walls were a cobblestone and the floors were a weaving wood as if they were still trees. Vines dipped in various places along the walls, mixing with shelves full of different colored potions and different sized vials. The room was dimly lit, a forest-like yellow light coming through the windows. Little yellow glows speckled the ceiling, the may have been fire flies. The desks were all made of wood. A few cabinets stood in the back holding all sorts of supplies, mainly different herbs. The teacher's desk looked like it wove straight up from the wood floor, taking intricate twisted roots for its legs. On the desk were various papers, vials, a large cauldron, and a sizable glass bowl of candy.

"Hello?" she called warily, stepping inside. A small face popped up from behind the desk. A Pygmy Dragon with a witch hat. He seemed quite short, surely reaching only 3 feet high without his hat. "Why hello there, student. What can I- oh my" he paused, looking at Chobit. "Tsk tsk, lets have a look at that" he took her and flew them onto his desk. "Ah only surface damage, not a problem" he grinned. His hand glowed green and he ran it over the cuts. the glow lingered over the wounds, phantom vines and flowers spreading around them as they closed. It took only a moment for the wounds to heal. "There you go, here have a treat" he unraveled a lollipop from his bowl of candy and shoved it into Chobit's mouth. "Thank you..." Kira trailed off. The teacher looked up, "Oh I'm sorry, I'm Professor Esvos, medical teacher and potion master" he greeted. Chobit rolled the lollipop around in her mouth.

((This is Esvos That's right guyz, Charmander is the teacher.))

Edited by Sai

Austin checked his own schedule, knowing he had a medical class in the next few days. Getting the room number, he bolted up the steps, holding Artemis tight. "I know you don't like her, but if you even kind of enjoy Chobit, please behave. You did good in there, trying to get them to calm down, and I love you." He huffed as he pushed himself up the steps. "I really like Kira and I wish you two would get along. I don't know why you don't like her but, please. For me?" He finished as they neared the classroom.

Artemis looked physically ashamed as they walked through the door and saw Kira, along with Chobit and a small dragon teacher. Austin smiled, and Artemis hopped out of his arms, gliding to Kira's feet. She pawwed at he legs, licking the bite mark Chobit had left. "Sorry lady... I didn't mean to make you mad ever... I was just jealous." She muttered softly, looking down and away again.

(Disclaimer: Choru's words don't always reflect my own ideals, neither do Sin's or Tatsuke's.)

"I wasn't here, but at least when I came and saw what was happening I stopped the fight! I'm a Valravn, an unholy mixture of wolf and raven. Playing is one idea but allowing children to resort to violence is a very stupid method. These dragons are not just friends, they are in essence, our children. Age matters at this point. They're not even a month old, one is a day and the other is hours! Do you slap babies when they throw up on you? Allow them to hit each other on the playground when one wants the other's toy? Even if you're going with the idea of 'friends', friends don't stand aside and allow friends to do something wrong."

He turned on Austin, getting Truce in the mix a little, "And you Demon, resorting to violence, eh? You're so grown up. All I hear from this school is threat after threat after threat. Doesn't anyone ever say anything constructive? You say that envy, greed and all those pretty little words are so strong that there's no working against them, are you insane? That's telling me that no matter what anyone teaches anyone, everything will end in violence. Yeah, real diplomacy there. Bell ringer here, everyone! He knows all of life's answers! Wars never end, people never come to agreements, situations are never avoided because deep inside us we always act on the first instinct we have. Screw all of this 'demonic magic', and 'poison', and someone being better than another because of brute strength! I'm sick of it! Society can be changed, but not by selfish people who do nothing but toss their hands into the wind and say that it never will! I do blame you for letting them fight, like it was some grand spectacle! Is no one mature enough to understand that they're hours old?!"

His fur was still angrily splayed, and his tail hadn't lowered. "This is the next generation. This is what will keep another war from happening. The idea that 'people fight and no one should educate them otherwise', all while they never listen to what they can do to change. All over him doing the old 'spider-crawling-onto-the-lips-of-someone-kissing' trick. All dark pranksters do it. If that's belligerence, then-! Then...! Ehk..." Even when his audeince was gone, he had kept going. It wasn't even really apparent who he was yelling at anymore. Then like someone just turned off the faucet, he ran dry. "..............." Choru was silent now. Deathly silent. He was feeling that everything his father told him about other races was right. That they really were dark actors and Valravn were just another malignant plot element of a hellish play. Morke had been exposed to that dark power, and with the philosophy in mind, to his advantage. Unless he was taught and shown, he wouldn't naturally feel the remorse others felt. Unlike Choru. For a Valravn one could say he was the one born wrong. He sat down, his brows furrowed and his ears at an angle. He really didn't have anything to say right now. He said it all, and he was sure it had fallen on deaf ears. Soria would be able to get through to him now, with how enraged he was before, it didn't matter what she said. This was a rare lull where Choru really burnt himself out.

Morke sat in front of him. He was still bleeding, but he didn't care about pain. What was bothering him more was the twist in his belly that pulled at his chest. It wasn't hunger, it certainly wasn't anger or fear, and if he was excited it would be a good feeling. Whatever it was, it made him silently reach a paw on top of Choru's paw, trying to get him to look at him. But Choru's gaze was fixed on the ground below him, like a statue. Morke didn't even know what, or how, to ask.

~~~

Sin nodded, "Yeah, I was trying to make a joke, but it tripped at the starting line." She went on, "Apples tend to get into orchard formations, somehow. I heard a legend about it, but at this point you can just assume everything I know is from a legend, word of mouth or a children's fairtytale." She tried to imagine what Felic had to experience growing up, environmentally wise. Concrete everywhere, buildings like castles looming above all else so high you could never climb to the top... She didn't like the idea. It sounded like being in a well-lit cave every day of your life. "I don't think I ever went to a city before. I heard it's so dirty that when you wipe your hand on a building, your palm turns gray. But it must be nice knowing that when you walk around, you'll never get charged by a bear."

Edited by Luckyclaw

Kira tapped the side of her face, "I have this class. Interesting seeing it" she looked around. "Wonderful, take a candy" Esvos offered. He looked over Kira's shoulder as she grabbed a gummy worm from the dish. "Welcome! Oh my, people are just popping in everywhere today" he laughed quietly. "I'm Professor Esvos" Kira watched Artemus cross the room and lick her leg. She waved her hand off and dropped the gummy onto the hatchling's maw. "It's fine" she murmured, looking at Austin. "You're just my little puppy, aren't you?" she cocked an eyebrow.

Jaden rubbed the side of his head in annoyance. Choru's ignorance was almost painful to listen to. His words we especially offensive to him since his entire culture revolved around battle. Children were ready for war by their 14th year. His pupils thinned out to show the change in his mood. Jaden's claws dug into the table as he sufficed by given Choru a glare.

Edited by Sai

Truce knelt down to the defeated being. "Choru, you must understand. I'm not trying to tear down your point. Yes, someone probably should have torn them apart, stopped the squabble. But they're young, their defenses, and offense, are barely grown. The injuries I saw were minor at best. As for the philosophy of a new generation... man it's the second day. We can't expect everyone to drop what was grown into them, the fighting and blood shed, in forty eight hours or less. Just... relax. Calm down. Stop... yelling at everyone. If life changed that fast because of a few minds getting together to change it, life wouldn't be the same from day to day. Give it time, okay?" He knelt down a little farther and gently patted Morke's side. "And you, Little One, you must learn when play is okay. Tricking the wrong people can get you in major trouble, and can cause your... father here to get a little hurt. Just be careful next time, okay?"

~~~

Austin's form hazed for a minute, and before long he looked much more...human. His clothes hadn't changed but his skin was white and his horns were gone. And he was blushing, this time for real. "Yeah yeah, I guess. I mean I wanted to make sure Chobit was okay too. Things got a little bloody back there. You might have another hatchling in in a moment, Mr. Esvos, if that damnable bird's brain is any good." He said with a slight bow. He stepped up closer to the little dragon with a sucker, and tickled her stomach. "You okay little gal?"