picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

"I like chicken. It's lighter and it falls apart in your mouth. Like eggshell." He remained sitting in that exact spot, just watching. Like two red spotlights, both fixed on Zeek. "...What do you look like under your feathers?" The young drake had no concept of what was acceptable to say and what wasn't acceptable. He usually just said what he was thinking. "Are you pink like a chicken or all white? I can turn white. It's easy. But I can't make feathers. How do you make feathers?" At some point when no one was watching, he had snatched another honeycake. He held it in one paw, resting on his haunches with one clawed paw barely touching the ground. He looked a lot bigger upright. Normally he was a little bit smaller than a medium dog. For a newborn hatchling, especially upright, he was a monster. Of course, no one but Soria and Choru would know exactly why. Maybe Truce, if he connected the dots.

Zeek once again sat up to rub his mouth clean. "Nyeah.... I don't eat eggshells" he stuck his tongue out to say 'yuck'. Zeek tilted his head at the question, "Like this!" he exclaimed, raising his wings to show the underside, which only held more feathers. His answer faltered as the other hatchling pressed about a color. Zeek turned around and lightly smacked his own rump, "White just like my scales" he declared proudly before turning back around sitting. His wings folded neatly behind him. He hummed quietly in thought. "Don't know, I always had feathers. They just grow on me" he suddenly looked confused. Jaden moved to the table to grab a drink. "Jaden, why do I have feathers?" the Untamed looked taken back by the odd question. He laughed quietly, "Just your genetics"

Austin smiled as Kira sat down, the edges of his eyes crinkling. "Hey there cutie pie. I don't have class till climbing. I don't really need it I'm just tired of not getting around and relying on my board." He replied, stealing a slice of bacon from her and sticking it in his mouth. Artemis however was obviously less excited by the appearance, a scowl forming across her face as the redheaded woman sat next to Austin. She licked her lips at the sight of the meat, however, and snatched a piece as it was set down.

"Slept great. At some point Mitch fell asleep on me. Aside from that, I really can't s-oh wait!" Her voice picked up a bit, "Did you know showers could be warm? How do they do that?" Sin had a lot of wonder at the world before her. Even things like sunsets, if she looked at them, she could find something new to admire. No, she wouldn't go on about things she knew for ever, but a warm shower was nothing she ever experienced before. The only one she knew by name who had electricity was her grandfather, but he only had a few generators and apparently had never bothered to make a system that heated up the water. Be it laziness, or 'if it ever goes away, I'll miss it too much', he never had it. Azazels also couldn't use magic to heat up anything, which was much cheaper and easier than wasting generator power. No one knew how much of a luxury hot water was until they didn't have it. Imagine what it would be like just figuring out that you had a hot water shower in your room.

~~~

Choru wasn't just running. He was making a mad dash like a werewolf chasing a lamb. He noticed the Gracedonia, and at that point he had been at a distance where he could have stopped himself in time. But his blood froze. He recognized her species from the stories he'd been told as a puppy. At one point, Valravn hunted her kind like humans and the mighty mastodons. The glory tales had been passed down for generations. Too bad the stories all ended like the stories of humans and mastodons. He felt an instinctual rush to charge her, jump her barrier, dodge her horns, cast dark spells and aim for the throat, but he snapped out of his primal trance just in time.

To collide with her barrier.

And he collided hard. For a few long seconds his face was smashed against her barrier, pink tongue pressing to it and his brown eyes wild and crazy. To anyone else, it would have been hysterical. But to an animal that was one of the prey species of Valravn it must have been like having a shark pressed up against thin aquarium glass. But after that long moment, he slammed his paws against her barrier and pushed off, his wings spread wide. "I was running there, you overdeveloped salad! Are you blind?! Are you a matador? Do I look like a bull?! The answer is no, not that you would know you sightless, lame old bat! Next time MOVE, weed deer! Or I'll eat you!" After the tongue lashing, he changed direction and continued charging down the hallway. His nose snuffed frantically at the air, but he still couldn't find a scent. "DON'T THINK I WON'T! YOU'D TASTE LIKE A CHEESEBURGER!"

~

The little drake's eyes widened. "Genetics. Is that what the tingles are called?" He dropped what was left of the honeycake, which dropped to the table. He held his paws up to his chest like a praying mantis. "My genetics are strong! I can change my genetics, too! Watch!" He raised his paws up higher, and balanced all of his weight on his back paws as he stood up. His paws became bright green and his eyes changed from Scarlett to crimson. His scales also changed color, going from green to a pale gray and slowly darkening. He then dropped hard onto the table, standing on all four legs. Right on top of the honeycake. But it didn't splatter. Instead, it expanded like a balloon, then slowly settled into its size. It was a big honeycake now, like a large cupcake instead of a three-bite-sized treat. His scales stayed gray and his paws a bright green, until they started to fade back into his usual pale with dark green blotches. "...But it doesn't stay..." He sounded annoyed and disappointed.

"Tingles?..." Jaden faltered in question, watching the hatchling. It changed colors and even played with the size of the cake. He complained after, which only made Jaden snigger. "Looks like you have some sort of matter manipulation magic like I do. But..." he looked at his hands, "I've never tried to manipulate genetics... it looks or rather sounds painful and I don't want to try it" he trailed off. "However, for anything else" he took the piece of meat Zeek was about to eat. A blue glow engulfed it and it doubled in size. Jaden handed it back to Zeek, "I can manipulate it to my hearts desire" he said with a toothy grin.

Kira paid no mind to the annoyed hatchling. She'd gotten used to that act last night. Her eyes narrowed as Austin stole a piece of bacon from her plate. "Not five minutes and you're already stealing my food. Tell me, how good is the bacon here?" she asked. "Or I could try" she said, a sly tone lingering in her voice. Kira moved forward and licked Austin's lips. It was a terrible tease away from a kiss. "Hmm, quite nice" she said, smirking at him as she took a moment to lean sideways on the table. Her arm propped her head up.

Austin froze as she licked his lips, the position he was in causing him to fall forward and slam his horns on the floor, his horns chipping the marbled. He stood with a groan, rubbing his head. "Really. It's freaking like 8 in the morning and you pull that. I wasn't at all prepared for that." He fake whined, a grin still on his face. He licked his own lips, and purred. "Bacon's not the only thing that tastes good." He winked, which was responded with a gagging sound from Artemis. She hopped off the table, heading towards a white hatchling and a... well it was big for a hatchling but she had no idea that was a fact. She plopped herself down next to them, half staring at the human, saying nothing.

"I can do more things. Better things." His voice was low and suggestive, his eyes filled with sullied thoughts of the power he'd witnessed this morning before the rest of the students awoke. He had snuck into the kitchen and... 'played' with the pots and pans. He wondered what affect it would be having on the food that was cooked, but so far it seemed his magic only worked on the utensils. It didn't extend to the food... yet. He broke off a piece of the enlarged cake, and crushed it in the palm of his paw, channeling his energy into it. His scales only clouded for a moment this time. When he opened his paw, he smirked to himself. Little legs had poked out of the crumbs. Askew, like a crushed spider's, but still present. One even twitched.

His scarlet eyes flicked to the female who licked that boy on the lips. Didn't she knew there were children in the room? Oh well. He would just teach her what he didn't like to see. He shifted his clawed fingers again, crushing the little crumbs even harder. The end result wasn't much better, but it was still pretty disturbing looking. It couldn't have been bigger than a pinky nail, but it had one long leg and many little follicles that resembled legs poking out at various points. He flicked the little monstrosity on the ground and re-focused on the large honeycake in front of him. He didn't need to see where the spidercrumb was going. He knew it would follow his desires. He enjoyed his Valravn and the comfort he gave him, but Choru didn't know any small part of the dark gifts he could enjoy. From the moment he acquired them, the little Terrae knew dark magic was something much more potent than any earth magic he could naturally inherit.

The little monstrosity scurried under the table, seeing its target. When it found Kira's shoe, it scurried right up and hid like a spider no one sees until it drops from a line in front of one's face. It would bide its time, as its master had bidden it.

"I think it looks fun. Who says it hurts, anyway? Maybe it's a good pain. Like getting a new tooth or that first stretch after you hatch. I wonder... is that how those crossy people come to be? Like your cat man? Or Choru- my Valravn, I mean. Choru is a Valravn. My Valravn."

Kira watched Austin splutter and fall from his chair, chipping the marble floors. "Quite horny, arnchya?" she knew it was a stupid pun, but it seemed fitting enough considering he'd just broken the floor. Kira snorted with laughter, "Well sorry toots, you can't have dessert before breakfast. Although..." she looked at her waffles, "They seem to be the same thing sometimes... It's like the difference between being caught in a bra or a bikini top. Sometimes I really do wonder" she rubbed the side of her head. Chobit watched the spider crawl across the floor after the hatchling dropped it and crawl onto Kira. Chobit lunged down, clawing at Kira's leg. "CHOBIT YOU LITTLE censorkip.gif ! YOU SON OF A censorkip.gif ING censorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gif !" she cursed as the hatchling bit her ankle. Chobit moved her maw back, having effectively retrieved and mauled the spider cake. "Spider" she said simply. Kira glared silently and jerked her head down to her ankle. She lifted her leg, yanked her pant leg up and looked at the little set of teeth marks. "Right before gym too"

Jaden looked at the events unfold. "Ah..." he groaned quietly as the spider made its way to Kira. As she made an outburst, Jaden flinched roughly, curling his tail around himself. Boy this lady was scary. He hoped all women weren't this crazy. Zeek frowned at the hatchling, "That's not very nice"

Austin forced himself not to laugh as Kira cursed, though honestly a sailors mouth wasn't exactly a bad thing to him. "Awwww, poor thing. Need a bandaid? Or for me to suck the poison out?" He cooed, his smirk returning full force. He pointed at the spider-cake and looked at Chobit. "Can you show me where that came from? He asked softly, his smirk softening into a smile. Artemis grinned as she watched the cake travel toward her nemesis, and nipped at the larger hatchling. "Can you show me how you did that? Please Please Please?"

"Neither was she to yell at her friend without knowing what was happening." He said it in a hushed tone. His face was totally neutral. Not a smirk, not a frown. Inside he was laughing hysterically. What a sight that was! "You learn about people, like that." He lay on his belly now, spreading his tail out behind him and waving his little finger-wings. "...I'm not nice." Zeek needed to know here. This little drake didn't like to lie unless he crossed his fingers. He may be a naughty nature, but he was also honest. He didn't need to say more than that. If Zeek didn't like it, he could stop talking to him and the Terrae wouldn't have any hard feelings. Maybe some milk would inexplicably go sour or his tail would turn purple for a day, but nothing worse than that.

"I don't know if you can; learn." The drake said, almost teasingly. "I'm gifted." Even laying down he was titanic next to the rest of them. What he said was true, Terrae dragons were rules of the forests, almost like dinosaurian guardians. His size, his early growth, his powers, most of it had been bestowed by the Valravn's blessing. While he was an egg, no less. Artemis would probably never become as powerful in dark magic as him. "...But we can try. If you want. Not here, she's eyeing me."

Edited by Luckyclaw

"Well I don't like you or chicken" Zeek said in a pouty tone. He spread his wings and flew back to the table. Jaden shrugged, picking up a water bottle and walking back to the table with him.

Kira's glare turned on Austin. She huffed and sat down, "I'm fine" she announced, folding her arms across her chest. "Try not to take my foot with the spider next time" she sighed quietly. Chobit looked from Kira to Austin. She'd just remembered that little detail. "Him!" she pointed at the hatchling across the room. Chobit ran forward and jumped on the buffet. She gave not but a warning before dousing the other hatchling in her darkness cloud.

Austin watch the hatchling fling a cloud at the two hatchlings, one of which being his own. His eyes narrowed, eyebrows furrowing. "Sweetie, what exactly does that do... Do I need to worry about Artemis in that stuff?" He asked Kira softly, pointing at the large hatchling and Artemis. His question was matched by a high pitched scream from Artemis, the images forming in front if her. He stood quickly, not sure if he should rush in yet, take a step towards her.

((KiraXAustin. I proudly ship it ^^))

As Tiberius opened the shower door, steam oozed out from inside and surrounded the room. He approached the mirror, wiping away the condensation from the reflective glass. He took a long look at himself before deciding what to do. "Aeldra," he called while fashioning his hair into a fo-hawk. "Does my hair look good like this, or did it look better before?". Aeldra turned to him and grinned, "It looks fine Master" she said while still keeping one eye on the door. Tiberius redid he hair to what it usually was, then looked at his dragon confused. "Why do you call me master? Stop. It makes me feel weird". "Aye sir!" she replied. Tiberius rolled his eyes whilst wrapping a towel round his waist and leaving the bathroom. Great, first Master, now sir... This'll be interesting

What did a dragon like him, who loved to make others squirm, tremble at the sight of...? Hmmm... He saw Artemis' fears materialize and the scream from right beside him almost cracked his eardrums open. He understood the concept that their fears should be showing up, but he only saw hers. No fair! He wanted to see his own! But what was he afraid of? That stuck him for a moment... what was he afraid of? Maybe being sick? No, that was more of a dread. Like taking gross-tasting medicine. Something that happened, but he didn't want to happen. He was just born a few hours ago, what would a newborn be afraid of? He had little concept of death which was the root of all fear. Maybe because he liked to cause fear, he didn't feel any?

He scoffed, again in annoyance. He stuck his lower lip out, pouting. "Boring!" How come Artemis got to see a tailored nightmare, made just for her, but he was forced to sit here and wait for nothing? In fact, he was so annoyed he would just spoil her fun too. Do something to entertain himself. His scales started to turn again, fading to the lightest of gray. His vivid green paws stood out like the hands of a haunter, almost seeming unattached to his body. The tip of his claw was sparking slightly as it shot his own power into the cloud. He played with the composition of the magic, keeping an eye on Artemis's horrorterror. Could he... turn it pink? Blue? Give it horns? Make it a unicorn? Ohhhh! Maybe tentacles and thousands of eyes! His lips curled in childish delight. Like a little kid who was seeing the gates of Disneyland. He was having the time of his little life! He ignored the fact that his paw was cramping badly. "How did they make this?" He continued to try and play with the cloud. He moved on from trying to change the apparition after it only turned slightly blue, with blotches of pink, topped with a slight unicorn bump and golden hooves and a few eye-slits with no eyes. Fully altering them was beyond his power, but they sure looked sillier now. He topped it off with a mustache and monocle before he ignored the Kirapparition entirely and tried to make his own illusions appear in the dark mist. He started by trying to make himself, Artemis and Zeek. Oh, and Crumbspider too!

Devon straightened as she heard Tatsuke come up behind her and turned to greet him. Giving him a bright smile she looked him over and questioned how much Tatsuke knew about exercising and said, "Good morning. I thought today would be a lovely day to go down to the clearing where we first met to work out. Shall we?" She asked as she gathered her things under one arm, allowing Rori, who waved at Tatsuke with his wing, to curl up in the other. Walking down to the clearing with Tatsuke, Devon unrolled the mats she continued, "As I said last night, we won't be doing anything too heavy, but I er... Well I'm not sure how to suggest this... Do you have something more appropriate?"

When Tatsuke nodded and smiled shyly, Devon could see this made him uncomfortable, so she placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, and said encouragingly, "You don't need to be embarrassed. Out here it's just Rori, you and I. No one here is going to judge you, or think poorly upon you. Excuse me a moment, please," Devon turned around to give him some privacy and glanced down to Rori. Devon smiled and said, "Rori, I need you to guard the perimeter. You see anything that looks like a threat I want you to hide and alert me. Got it?"

Rori sighed loudly and broadcast, **Alright. I was hoping you'd say 'spray them with a jet of water', but I guess that's out of the question until I'm bigger.**

Devon chuckled as she teased, "Always you younglings are in such a hurry to grow up. Don't worry, you're going to do some target practice today when we go down to the river for your first swimming lesson. Now go alright?" Giving Rori a scratch behind his ears, they gave each other a hug before Devon helped launch her hatchling into the air. Devon watched as he flew to the edge of the clearing to keep watch.

Hearing Tatsuke say he was ready Devon turned, instantly noting his discomfort. Devon gave him a cheerful smile and said, "Much better. I'm going to teach you some simple pilates, so only do as much of the stretch as you can, or you will be very sore later if you're doing them right. Shall we get started then."

Once they'd each taken their places, Devon lead Tatsuke through the light routine. Stopping occasionally to correct his positioning with gentle touches, Devon gave gentle encouragement through out the routine. Devon knew Tatsuke would see the scars down her side, it was unavoidable, and if he asked she would tell him how they got there. However Devon had a feeling Tatsuke would not do that for whatever reason. She understood that Tatsuke needed a boost in his confidence, though in her mind he really had nothing to be ashamed of. Clearly his focus had always been his mind over body, and she knew a sharp mind when she saw one. Despite that ,she understood his discomfort, Devon wasn't exactly comfortable in this style of clothing herself, but some of her Siren friends who'd been among the humans insisted this was what human women wore when they worked out. So Devon just tried to pretend it was a new type of dance outfit, since many of those were just as revealing. Devon was never sure why she was so much more reserved than the rest of her people, but over the years she'd discovered it was a good thing. People seemed to trust her more because she was so different than everyone else, and that made Devon grateful to be the way she was. Despite the constant teasing about her blushing and shyness. She wasn't offended or hurt by what was said, and often found it strangely amusing herself. It gave her people something to laugh about, and that was something that was in short supply with the war. In all honesty, no one including Devon understood why she was that way. Many thought it might have something to do with her telepathy, but Devon doubted that. Truthfully she was glad she was different from everyone else, not that she liked being singled out, it just made her want to work harder to earn what her peoples seemed to give her naturally. Once Devon saw the slightest sign of Tatsuke beginning to tire she called a halt with, "Okay I think that's enough for today. We should head inside and get something to eat," opening the pouch on her belt Devon reached in and pulled out a small tube of salve. Holding it out for Tatsuke to take she went on to say, "If you get sore, use this. You won't need a lot, it's very strong, but it will make you feel better in no time."

"You have class! you need to wake up!!" Jeth was still sound asleep in his bed as Chip bounced up and down on him. She had no idea how to tell time but she knew he had been asleep for way too long thus far especially since last time he woke up so early.

Jeth slowly opened his stony eyes and the young daydream's bouncing image came into view. "Chip?" He asked and then sat up slowly. The magic that kept him in time with the rest of the human world must have really been wearing off by now. The man had warned Jeth that when the effects started to wear off his sleeping and waking patterns would become erratic. Jeth hadn't really understood until now. he stood up from his bed and collected his toga. Slipping the rough cloth on he walked out of the room. "I've been trying to wake you up. I'm hungry." "We're going to the cafeteria."

He had to pause, his brain shutting a portion of itself down before rebooting and reworking what Sin had asked. Why was he doing so? Because he had to remind himself that Sin's world was different from his own before he could make a stupid retort. "Um... There's most likely a basement to the Academy where there are a few water heaters. Basically, it's a heating system that warms the water when we want to use hot liquid. Either that or, one of the teachers used some sort of magic on it." Who was to know exactly with this place? I mean, talking doors leading to the roof had certainly not been expected.

Now, lucky or not for the situation, Sin and Felic were behind the commotion with Choru which would make them oblivious to the charging Valravn unless they eventually crossed paths later if the canine was still searching for his dragon at that point. Heading for the stairs that would take them down to the first floor, Felic couldn't decide on if he should comment about the clump of red hair that remained, sticking out near the back of her head like a stubborn mule. Finally, "I don't know if you care or not but, you missed a spot..."

---

Well, that was certainly startling. Mistry jerked her head back despite knowing her barrier would keep the Valravn from colliding into her. As she had the brief chance to examine the formation of his teeth and condition of his gums, she was briefly reminded of being killed by an experienced Valravn but his fur had been gray with splotches of rust-red. She was well aware of the rare hunting triumphs that few Valravn had when they had encountered a prey-like Gracidona. Mistry's kind only ever had a maximum of five creatures but she wasn't aware of that. She was under the belief that she was the only Gracidona in existence and the few stories she had heard from Valravn hunts must have been in past lives she couldn't fully recall. Memory always fascinated her in the aspect of 'why remember this?' or 'why is that forgotten most often?'

Snorting as the canine made his angry shouts, she followed him with her gaze and idly flicked her tail. Did she follow? Did she continue on her own way? As strange as the initial encounter may have been, the fact that the Valravn was someone who could possibly help her to understand the written language did not escape her mind. Quickly, she turned and trotted after the canine.

---

Something was scratching her shoulder and cheek. Painfully. Jumping awake, Soria flailed her arm and quickly moved her hand to cover the offended spots of skin. "Duordin? That hurts!" She shifted into a seated position, not realizing how close she was to the edge of her bed until she lay on the ground, dazed and looking up at the ceiling. Picking herself up, she swept her long hair out of her face and straightened up her clothes. "What time is it? Early... Rotten dragon..." she huffed, rubbing her eyes and covering a yawn. "Why'd you wake me up before ten? I don't have any classes to - oh, right..." The hatchling was hungry.

Giving her appearance a cursory glance in the mirror, she figured she'd be alright with just putting on a bra and change of pants to something else lounge like but more suitable for public. Once done, she swiftly tied her hair back into a messy ponytail before ushering Duordin out of the bedroom with her. They headed down the flights of stairs and finally reached the cafeteria in time to hear a hatchling squeal. She quickly turned her head to look at what was going on, flicking her gaze from the four young dragons gathered at the buffet and at the demon moving towards them. She figured it was best to leave the issue to the demon boy and just sidestepped out of the way.

Looking elsewhere, she spotted Truce and smiled brightly, waving once she knew he was likely to see her. Quickly, she grabbed herself a bowl of cereal and some stew that was left over from the night prior before heading over to sit beside the Scorrow. "Morning big boy and riddle twins!"

Edited by Narvix

((Guess they're all sitting in eternal limbo until that's edited))

(Sai doesn't like how Choru's dragon is able to tamper with Chobit's dark cloud apparitions, but I disagree strongly. We're at a stalemate. You can follow the debate of Narvix, me and Sai on the OOC thread. It's got Choru's dragon (Morke), Chobit, Kira and arguably Austin and Artemis in limbo. Choru in partial limbo.)

Sin reached her hand back swiftly. Oh dang, that WAS a bad one! "Sorry, I didn't notice it." She undid the knot with her hands until they reached the stairs, where the one hand would have to suffice since she always held the railing unless she was showing off. Her hair was always a train wreck in the morning, but it eventually smoothed over the course of a day. It was routine, but there had been more than one time where someone wanted to play a trick on her and let her walk around all day with a beast like that one. "Thanks for telling me."

As for hearing about how the water was heated... her next detour would be to the basements. The dungeon. Maybe someone would be down there, and maybe they'd be friendly enough to quench her curiosity. She had a lot of questions about 'water heating', especially if it didn't involve any magic. Maybe she could bring the technology home to her people, and all her friends would experience what a hot shower was like!

When they reached the cafeteria, Sin felt the tension in the air. It was tickling her tipped ears and making her core churn with anxious energy. The feeling she always got when two opposing forces were butting heads. She felt it all the time when she saw male deer in rutting season, clashing their antlers like swords. Suddenly, she didn't feel that hungry. The darkness in the room, even to a magic sink who was barely afflicted by any kind of sixth force, was upsetting her. "Heya Fell... whaddaya say we go find some apple trees in the woods and skip the cafeteria slop? Y'know, get some real food, heh?" She was already slowly backing off.

~~~

Tatsuke let out one last deep breath from a chain of deep breathing exercises. That all felt really good. He would have to change his shirt after gym, since he was so unused to physical exertion he had broken out a sweat. Everything rested on his mind, and the closest he got to a workout daily was loose yoga while he meditated. He pulled his arm over his head one more time, and pulled on the shoulder as he stretched. "Thank you for showing me! I enjoyed many much so." He took her ointment. He would apply it later. He could feel the soreness in his joints, but it was a welcome pain. It woke him right up, and he felt stronger. Even if his frail body was nowhere near better than it was before. His father had firm limbs on a strong but sleek body. His mother hadn't been as petite as most women from his country. He came from such powerful genetics... when he took a look at the shoulder he was pulling, he wondered where it all came from... if it would ever leave.

His eyes glazed over her scars, quick as a silver fish darted through rushing water. The question slipped out from him before he even understood what he was asking. "Devon... are you... afraid of anyone...?" When he realized, he jerked his face away and looked to the ground. He arm dropped back to his side but the hand on it never left its position. "....I sorry, I... neverminding. Was lost in translate."

Tiberius, while in his foo-dog form, walked into the cafeteria with Aeldra cradled in his mouth like a cub. "I'm not quite sure, may I take a look Sir?""I'm not quite sure, may I take a look Sir?" asked Tiberius mentally. Aeldra squirmed a little in his mouth, not quite use to the feeling of hot breath, large carnivorous teeth and saliva surrounding her torso. "I'm not quite sure, may I take a look Sir?" she inquired. "Sure, I don't see why not" . Tiberius released Aeldra from his tender jaws and plopped her onto the floor. She scurried over to the scent of freshly cook breakfast sausages, bacon, eggs and toast. She of course didn't know what those all were, but Tiberius did. Aeldra climbed the nearby furniture, and maneuvered herself onto the table that had all the food on it. She then went to each table and took one piece of each of the listed foods, then returned back to Tiberius. "I see you have very good taste in food Aeldra, what a good little girl you are". Aeldra grinned at Tiberius, then he did the same. "Aye sir!"

((Slipping in FT references whenever I can >:3))

The dragon couldn't edit the clouds. His eyes narrowed. "Even more boring." His eyes glanced over at the hatchling who was still cowering in fear from the apparition of Kira. He was so bored with this cloud that not even her discomfort was entertaining him. He would just stop the cloud now...

A thought graced his mind. Her discomfort... it was coming from someone else. Someone else who was using his kind of magic. The terrible black magic he'd been gifted. That was what had happened; he'd been gifted. This black magic dragon was just born with his powers, stuck with great power, but not understanding the true meaning of the dark waves of destruction and terror! She was just a dirty imitation of what he should be. A prototype. The hellpowers chose him, but they'd been forced to exist in that other dragon! His red eyes fixed on her. Like a monster's. He would free the imps from her one day. For now... "No one." No one, he decided, was allowed to scare his toys but him!

He stepped over Artemis, two legs on either side of her, protecting her under his belly. His head lowered, the ivory nubs facing the clouds. His eyes darkened back into dried-blood crimson and his scales grayed once more. His tail swept side to side. He was angry. He could feel it. This trembling rage in his chest... he liked it. He liked to be angry. With his anger, his own black power shot out like wispy beams. One slash went to rip a seam in the cloud, a second stream danced over the Terrae's black wisp like a graceful dragon, and went to slice another gash. The wisps grew in size as an animal grows when it has consumed something as they continued to fly in the cloud. They stopped their dance when they were bloated and leaking, slowly moving back to the dragon like happy snakes. One seemed to kiss him on the cheek before they receded back into his gray scales. The cloud had been attacked by an equally strong force that lived by absorbing the dark magic within it. Like a sacrifice to a Valravn, only this was much less... passive.

(I saw Artemis as crouching in fear after being scared so bad. If that's not the case, I can edit for you Drow smile.gif He can just as easily stand next to her. I just wanted to showcase how large he is, not that I don't ham it up in description.)

((Seeing as how I just mentioned he cannot just destroy her cloud without my permission, I'm going to ignore that detail -.-))

Chobit snorted at the hatchling's attempt to disperse her cloud. "No such luck, peasant. You have no power over my darkness" she spat. The illusion of Kira glared and growled at Artemus, however not attacking. Chobit had never experimented with making her shades do physical damage as of yet. Chobit instead sided to attack him herself. She lunged at the other hatchling with her teeth and claws out. She paid no mind to Artemus. Her quarrel was not wit her after all, but with the dragon that attacked Kira. With that, she simultaneously dispersed the 'Kira shade' over Artemus. At least the cloud also proved to be an effective smoke screen.

Kira looked at Austin in brief thought. "Well I know it creates illusions based on the fears of those inside... she can disperse them if she chooses. I don't know if the illusions can hurt people" she trailed off. "But she's not after Artemus, she's after the other rat over there"

Edited by Sai

((Dispelling someone's spell is the same as forcing a punch to hit. You roleplay out the action, and then you leave whether it was effective or not up to the person you are interacting with. I really don't want to agree about this. Let's all play nice before I start crying.))

As the three drew nearer to the cafeteria, Felic's head began to throb with a mixture of terror and elevated tension. A shadow flickered through his gaze and he seemed to pause, making it unclear as to if he heard Sin's suggestion or not. Shaking his head a moment later, he turned his attention to the Azazel and nodded briefly. Now was the moment when he was wishing he had thought to bring his bag at the least. As they would be searching for an apple tree cluster, he figured he could take that chance to find a couple of nicely ripened apples free of any manufacturing cleaners.

Making a beeline for the large entrance doors, the Empath faintly rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't recall any human being able to feel that way…" His voice was hushed, slow, as if he wasn't certain of his thoughts. Felic wasn't speaking as if it had been a human responsible for such tension, just making a note that he never came across any similar emotions before. He wondered if different species could have different emotions to some degree or if the strength and depth of their emotions tied into the kind of abilities they had or didn't have.