picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

(Tell me about it. I'm practically refreshing the 'search your posts' option to see if the little red scroll is open. Mostly waiting on Narvix though, or for the twin dragons to come home. Choru's in that state of 'not really awake but not fully asleep either' and I'm writing Tatsuke's lament as I type. Which is why I'm getting a bit snappy... sorry.)

{{Sorry Drake, but Narvix guessed the answer to my riddle almost as soon as I posted it hehehe. Devon has frequent nightmares, so she was kind of hoping for a room to herself. I think it would be good for her though, so as long as Mistry doesn't mind that, and Devon's constant insistence that 'It's just bad dreams, and she's okay', then I'm good with it. As far as technology goes for Naga/Siren, electricity wouldn't work very well even in the city because there's water everywhere (No the city is not under water, but there are waterways so people can swim everywhere they need to go if they don't want to walk). They could have created some sort of magical conversion tec to compensate. Like instead of electric lights, they have globes enchanted with light magic. I also don't see televisions as being something Naga or Siren have simply for the fact that they like active and social forms of entertainment, though they would know what tv is since Sirens were courtesan spies, and they'd have told Devon about them before she was sent her so she'd be a little more prepared for some of the things she'd come across. She's utterly clueless to Tatsuke's reference to the old school Batman show though. I see the Naga/Sirens as being more magically advanced than technically advanced. This was something I've thought a lot about so when Devon tells Tatsuke about her people and how they live I'd already have a clear vision in mind, so she could explain everything easily. I do see most of the rest of the world having more technology based items such as televisions, guns etc. Oh Lucky, Devon likes it when Tatsuke shows off hehehe.}}

Devon smiled at Tatsuke as she said, "I'd be more than happy to help you with your English lessons if you'd want it. Maybe once you've mastered English, you'd like to take a crack at the language of my people? We call it Zhalshae."

Deciding to offer her help in getting in shape privately, Devon sent to Tatsuke alone, **You are more than welcome to join me in my morning workout if you'd like.** She knew Tatsuke was a very proud man, so it was unlikely he'd ask for her help, even if he needed it, but she offered it anyways. Devon liked helping others, and she wouldn't expect Tatsuke to keep up with her routine, Devon would get most of that done before most of the school would be awake. However if Tatsuke desired to become physically stronger, Devon could easily work in some time to train him as well. She had to admit she didn't find anything she disliked about Tatsuke's physical appearance, sure he was on the thin side, but he was still young and his body would catch up one day soon. That kind of thing never mattered to Devon though, she had always preferred what was inside someone over what the package looked like.

Tatsuke's mention of how late it was getting reminded Devon that she also had things she needed to get done before bed tonight, but she wasn't quite ready to call it a night just yet. Devon looked a little confused by his reference until a memory bubbled up about televisions. She wanted to ask about it, but decided it could wait until tomorrow. Instead she gave Tatsuke a polite nod in return and replied with a friendly smile, "Of course. Good night Tatsuke."

Hearing what the hatchlings said and that wink the one gave her, Devon blushed a deep shade of crimson and stammered awkwardly, "T-Tatsuke and I are just friends. We've only met just a few hours ago after all. I think you must be imagining things hehehe." Devon took a breath, allowing herself to return to her normal shade before she continued, "He is right though. It's getting late, but I have time to try one more of your riddles. After that I must find my bed. Dawn comes early and I like to sleep as much as I can before that." She truly hoped the hatchlings would take the bait and not press the issue. She did like Tatsuke, he was her friend after all. She trusted him more than she trusted many of her own people, but beyond that Devon knew that right now she wasn't ready for anything more than friends... From anyone. Why am I thinking about this? I MUST be tired if I'm letting the twins get to me like this, Devon thought to herself as she waited for the hatchlings to ask their riddle.

{{In the morning Devon will be awake just before dawn, so when you post morning Devon won't be in the room. She will be free for interaction then too if there's anyone else awake hehehe.}}

[i plan to have the twins up early too, though as Lucky put it, they'll be doing their "Vulcan mind-meldy thing," which is actually a common combat training exersize in Takeru lands.

If we're talking technology, the Takeru are nowhere near as advanced as most, think Ancient Rome, for example. They are entering a golden era for archeological advances, though they still use primitive weapons like swords and spears. Though their wind magic usually compensates for this, as when coupled with their natural psychic abilities, can give them a distinct edge in combat.

They live in mainly open concept homes, using as little walls as possible, and they have an abundance of a substance called Kristallite, which is a crystalline material that is harder and more durable yet lighter than steel, which is what they use for a majority of their weapons.

And this has been a brief look at the Takeru culture. Tune in next time for, "Inu Yōkai: What you need to stay away from"]

((I will post as soon as I can in the morning, I'm so sorry guys. Been very sick since about Wednesday and my brain has stop caring about living, coupled with the fact that I was out of town. Again I apologize my mind just isn't working.))

(I just really have a bone to pick with advanced guns because they take the fun out of things. With guns, anyone who doesn't use magic is worthless and there's no reason for arrows, which are slower and less accurate, and also are slow to be reloaded compared to even a two-barreled shotgun. Anyone who's not a talented mage would just get shot, doesn't matter how good they are with a sword. Even mages, especially basic ones, would probably just get shot.)

(Azels are very varied, and have a few different subcultures. But they resemble early human society greatly in any given case, mixed with some of the trademarks that tend to come with a tough environment like breaking up into gangs and cults. But since they can't use any magic at all, they rely heavily on physical force and whatever weaponry they can get their impish hands on. Valravn aren't very interesting, they just live wherever you would find wild game fairly close to civilization, and Tatsuke is just This Land's average human.)

(Fyr, you, me, two-headed teacher who teaches Cultural Studies. Heck yeah.)

(Biological matter is kind of like its own pokemon type. But we're weak to gun-types. My weakness is definitely bullets.... how did you even find this?)

The boy gave her one last smile and sent to her, **Yes, I am thinking I are to be meeting you for morning workout, is best idea. Thank you.** Tatsuke's hubrice usually only expressed itself when he didn't realize it, or at a moment of great passion. In his culture, individual pride was deeply frowned upon and was constituted as one of the great downfalls of man. It frightened him slightly when he realized himself caught in its jaws. So he always tried to be humble, even when it wasn't nature. Nurture, in his case, just happened to be more important than nature, even if nature was a little imp that lived on his shoulder.

-

Tatsuke arrived at his room, sliding the key into the lock and quickly entering before Evui could even realize his master was coming in. Tatsuke didn't want to give the fox the chance to slip out into the hall and start a grandiose chase scene. He didn't have the energy for it ever, lest of all right now. When he swiftly closed the door behind him, he almost gave into temptation and fell face-first on his bed. But his heels stayed planted on the ground, keeping his body upright, then moved over to a desk situated on the opposite side of the room.

On the way he grabbed his robe and wrestled it over his head, tossing it onto the back of the study chair. Evui looked up from his place on Tatsuke's bed, his brown eyes fixed on his master as if he was asking him how his day was. The tired boy didn't see him however, and likewise he didn't notice that he'd tossed his shirt on top of Evui once he'd wrestled it off. He was jumping into his sleeping pants when he got to the chair. He was half-dressed, the way he always slept. His ribs were visible under pale skin and without his robes all the awkward joints of his body were painfully obvious. He wore robes to hide that, but when he was alone he shamelessly preferred to saunter around in just his loose pants. It was something his father used to do, and something he just picked up after he became the last one in the house.

He placed his pack on the desk and took out his English material. Tonight he decided to focus on grammar and sentence structure; since he hadn't really run into too many vocabulary words he didn't understand. A few here and there, but his structure was atrocious, and it was only now he really noticed. But first, he placed some blank loose-leaf on the desk and delicately removed a pint of ink and a thin brush from the recesses of the small bag. Both had never before been used.

He wrote in neat characters, all in his own language of course. 'Good evening! So much happened today, and I can't wait to tell you everything about it. I met some new people, I think you would like them. Both of you.' Tatsuke wrote a letter to his parents every night, even if nothing really happened over the course of the day. 'First there's Dain. He's a vampire. I was really scared of him at first and even now I feel kind of intimidated, but I'm starting to see that he's really not that bad. He's trying to fit in and be friendly, but there's just something in his nature that holds him back. A kind of impulsiveness. He's kind of like you, dad! I thought his name was Yet at first. Just goes to show how bad my English is.' The vampire was technically the first one he met today aside from Gale, and that didn't count because it was off-screen. If only he was a little bit faster. 'The next person I met was Jeth. He's a rock elemental. He's gentle and he seems like he's always willing to listen. But honestly, he seems to be more of someone else's best friend. I understand that. I still really like talking to him, he's deep and understanding.'

Tatsuke yawned. He would have to finish up soon else he would be too tired to wake up in the morning. 'Forgive me, but I must begin to wrap up. The last one I want to tell you about is Devon. I met more than that, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to tell you about Kira, Austin, the twins... I don't really know them well enough yet to give you a very good description and I think if I tell you about them I'll learn something else tomorrow and realize what I told you is wrong.' He felt his hand just writing. He felt like he was at that stage where he wasn't thinking of what to say, he was just saying it. Like there was a switch where he wasn't channeling himself, it was just coming out... like a conversation. 'Devon is kind and thoughtful. She's always making sure she's courteous and polite, but she's got a lot of wit behind her words.' He froze a little bit. The words he was writing... it hadn't occurred to him before, but now that he realized it everything made so much more sense. Kind and polite, but with a moon of deep flowing knowledge and honesty... Devon really was just like his mother. '...I overheard a conversation between her and her dragon earlier. She speaks with telepathy and I guess she didn't realize I was still on the line with her. I heard her say she lost her son and husband in the war. Mother, she's so much like you. What if I went to the city instead of you that day and I was killed? ...would you have come here and became Devon's friend?' As briefly as it had opened, he was slamming that door shut. But the damage had been done. Tatsuke was feeling anger and grief leaking into his heart after thinking about what had been taken from him, what he'd lost. All of it leaking out of an angry stigma filled with black pus and, once it hit the pent up frustration, red froth. 'I'm sorry. I miss you both so much, but I shouldn't have written that... I'm grateful I have been given this opportunity, and I am grateful I've met so many good people, as I should be.'

He sighed, and signed his letter before he neatly folded it and placed it under the mattress of his bed. Anyone who came in surely wouldn't look under there. He pushed the fox to the side of the bed, ignoring the shirt laying limply at the wall-side edge of the mattress, and laid himself down. It was late now. He was originally going to find the showers, but now he really wasn't in the mood. He already had his shirt off, may as well wait for the morning. Now he had unpleasant thoughts and memories of times passed to deal with, and the sooner he lay down and try not to think of them, the sooner he would be able to sleep. He had told Devon already he would meet up with her, and he would not go back on his word. Evui stretched out across his master's chest, draped like a cat across the rise of Tatsuke's body. To this, the boy shrugged and pulled the blanket up before he closed his eyes and, eventually, fell into a peculiar sleep.

[Ooh-rah.]

After Autumn the plant-woman left, saying she was uncomfortable with the bed, Kyru shrugged and looked to Teru, who returned the gesture. They both then resumed their nightly meditation, their minds expanding once again.

It was another hour of this deep form of meditation that the twins stirred once again, beginning with Kyru yawning. His sister then looked up at him, and the two began getting ready to sleep, which really only meant taking off their gear and changing. The two had become quite comfortable around each other, a result of them living in the same room all their lives, so changing in the same room was no inconvinience on either end.

Soon enough, the twins were in bed, and fell asleep quickly. As always, Kyru began snoring, and Teru turned over to face the wall, curled up into a ball.

Austin chuckled at his hatchling and waved her off. "Go eat, what I want for dessert isn't on the buffet." He said with a smile. The hatchling paused for a moment, then shook her head, sighing. Artemis hopped off of Kira and headed towards the dessert bar. "As for being cheeky and playing with words, of course I am. Sweetie I'm a demon that's like breathing to me. Doesn't mean there isn't some truth to it. You just gotta be good enough to find it."

((Uhhhhg. Head stop hurt now plox. I want good posts not this dribble of mind mush.))

~~~

The twins nodded in union at Devon. We must get headed back as well. Truce will be worried, we have been gone a while." The twins sat back and pondered for a moment, searching through some of their inherited knowledge for a good one. Dameon sighed, not finding one that pleased his fancy, but Xavier opened his mouth a bit then paused. This one isn't as good as our last one but here goes

What does man love more than life

Fear more than death or mortal strife

What the poor have, the rich require,

and what contented men desire,

What the miser spends and the spendthrift saves

And all men carry to their graves?"

Kira kept her eyes narrowed at his continuing commentary. She had a good hunch where his comments were going. She laced her fingers together, leaning her head on them. She smirked and half lidded her eyes, "Mmm, no I can see what you want pretty simply. The only question I'm dancing around is why. Demons aren't really the type to think of others more than themselves. So is this compensation for having to share a room with three guys?" she asked. Faize muttered and jumped off the table. He scurried over to the dessert table and picked at a fruit ambrosia.

Edited by Sai

Austin grinned, shaking his head. "Still so blinded by my race are you Cherry Pop? Remember I'm part human, a piece of me is built to care for others more so than myself." He replied with a wink, tapping her forehead with a finger. "You may be much more surprised by my behavior than most. I do have... what are they called now and days... emotions? Is that what you puny mortals call them nowadays?" He slid sarcastically, his grin only widening. "What do you really think I want? Out of my room for the night? Evening of debauchery? You'd be wrong you know."

Kira made an amused grunt to hear he had emotions. "Indeed?" she let him continue on. It was an interesting prospect. She swatted his hand away as he poked her, "Nah, I just figured lust. I was brought up to be careful of these things. I don't really trust people. A demon is a completely new page for me. I never needed to trust others. I don't need anyone" she spaced out. Kira looked off to the side, "Ah, not to say you're a bad person. You seem nice..." she glanced at him again.

Austin frowned, a little put off. "Well uh... I wasn't exactly talking about getting married and spending the rest of our lives together." He started slowly, not sure what to say anymore. He paused, looking at his hands and chewing on his lip. "It's just... uhg mother of hellhounds... You're cute. Funny. Witty. I'm, for some reason, telling you things I probably shouldn't. You're also a hell of a fighter. Is it a crime for me to want to spend time with you?" He muttered quickly, still not making eye contact. He wasn't quite sure why he felt so vulnerable... He stood, running his hands through his hair. "I'm sorry I'm stupid I'm always jumping the gun like this..."

Kira burst out laughing and grabbed the table to keep from falling over, "No I didn't mean you were trying to propose. That would be creepy actually seeing as we've only known each other a day" she rubbed a tear of laughter from her eye with the back of her hand. She shook her head, "That's a first. People usually hate me" she'd never been called pretty before, much less... cute. Her aggressive demeanor usually kept people's interactions at a ten foot pole. Kira leaned over and licked his cheek. Perhaps the habit of a dog. She'd never kissed anyone anyway. He teased her plenty, she figured it was high time to tease back. "You're fine, mutt" she smirked again.

(EMOTIONS?! HOW DO THEY WORK??

Is it weird that I'm as excited for him as I would be if I were him xd.png)

Austin would have blushed harder than he would have earlier, had his skin again been able to show it. Licking wasn't something he was used to... at least not in public. His face was completely still, a dumbfounded look on it. "W-what... well.... I... o-okay." He mumbled, plopping back into a seat. "I-I guess that's one way to say it." Artemis had been watching from the dessert table and huffed. She bit into a cookie, angrily ripping at it, and looked at the ferret. "I don't like it." She muttered, jerking her head toward the pair.

((We're suppose to be detached from our characters but... xd.png it's natural))

Kira licked her lips in plain sight to further embarrass him. "Look at you. Earlier you were such a tough demon. Now you're fumbling over yourself" she leaned her head on one hand, shifting to lean her weight on the table. It was a funny sight to watch a demon squirm like that. Even more interesting that she had the power to do it. And yet, it had nothing to do with physical strength. So this is strategy... mind games... she smiled at him, staring at him like a beast watching its next meal. Faize pulled away from the dessert, his face caked with ambrosia. He snorted, "You don't seem to like anything so far. Besides, I'm just glad she's not fighting anymore" he muffled through the marshmallow-y dessert.

((I actually didn't know what was a thing. I tend to make sweet love to my characters, metaphorically speaking.

Also we should start an OOC thread! So people can chats and not infuriate people waiting for posts!))

Austin shook his head, trying to clear himself of his astonishment. "Well it's not everyday your schoolyard crush leans over and licks you cheek, now is it?" He replied, not completely thinking his response through. He hope that by not making a big deal of it he could let it slide by, and continued. "Why are you looking at me so funny?" He pressed, turning towards her. "It's almost... hungry." Artemis growled, snapping off another bite of pastry. "But he's mine, not hers. And it should stay that way." She huffed at the ferret, a mix of contempt and defeat on her face. "I don't wanna share him..."

Edited by DrakeOfBones

((I'll ask Kitty about it. He has to make it X3))

"Hmm, I suppose not" she murmured blankly. He just got more and more interesting. Kira caught herself as Austin asked about her stare. "Ah, it's just fun to see you so uncomfortable for a change. You look like a little schoolboy. I've never gotten to prod at someone to this degree" she grinned. It was almost funny seeing further discomfort or at least something at her staring him down. Faize swallowed down the ambrosia and waddled to the napkins, cleaning himself off. "Ah, that's your first issue. It's a different like. You're a baby dragon. He's suppose to raise you to be a friend and partner in combat. That over there is the makings of uh... love. That's something you discover for one other special person when you're older. For you, probably another dragon" he lectured.

Edited by Sai

[[sorry. I'll get a post in tonight after class. My head was hurting last night when I got home and I've been kind of focused on my pokemon game along with work over the past weekend.]]

{{I hope you feel better soon. I have a bit of a headache today as well. Lucky for me Devon is going to be easy to post today hehehe. Another note about Devon, most Siren and Naga are not anything close to shy like Devon is. In fact any other of her peoples would have more than willingly shown Austin what a kiss to the back of the hand means in her culture hehehe. I so wish you guys could see Devon how she normally is in rps. Normally she's flirty, very social and friendly, not shy and reserved hehehe. That's what I get for not rping her for so long I guess. Lucky I'll let you decide when you want Tatsuke to be awake and training. Devon won't push him too hard especially on days when he has classes like gym and swordplay. If you want me to change something about this let me know, I've got no problems doing so.}}

Devon was a little surprised that Tatsuke agreed to let her train him, but she was glad he did. Gently she placed the suggestion of what time to meet her by the front door, and to bring plenty of water, but not to eat before hand. She didn't want to chance Tatsuke making himself sick from either trying to do too much with a full stomach, or from not having enough fluids in his body. She knew he was smart and wasn't likely to take such chances, but she had to be sure. Devon was going to try to make it as fun as she could, she didn't want to push Tatsuke too hard just yet. Especially on days when he had classes that would be physical in nature like gym and swordplay. She didn't think the professors of those classes would thank her if she wore him out before they got a hold of him. That done, Devon dimmed the link so neither of them would hear each others thoughts, even if she had one of her nightmares once she made it to her bed.

Hearing the twins riddle, Devon exclaimed brightly, "Oh I know this one! Give me a moment..." Her brow furrowed gently as she thought hard. She knew this one and the answer was right there on the edge of her memory. Hmmm... What does a poor man have the rich require... This isn't an issue we have among my people, but I can still figure this out... I need to look at this one from what I have experience with so what does man love more than life?... Devon thought for a moment until an idea hit her. Her face brightened as she said, "I think the answer you are looking for is 'nothing'. Correct?"

{{Sorry this one's short, but my next few posts are going to be novels. I've already got them outlined xd.png.}}

{{Sorry this one's short, but my next few posts are going to be novels. I've already got them outlined xd.png.}}

user posted image

(I think what's planned will be good enough. It's a plain and simple plan of action. Usually, Tatsuke's a little more on the noble side but also slightly more cold, or more innocent and open but more prone to being manipulated. Somewhere along the line I killed his parents and gave him an intense fear of dragons, add on the fact that this isn't his first language. I'm more playing on the concept that Tatsuke is on the edge between the two personalities. The environment plays a lot on a character, which is why even a sort of vague and distant exposition like in this story is important to consider.)

(So he'll just be up in the morning. Maybe they'll both accidentally wake up early.)

(Dangit where is that OC thread >:U ?)

(*looks at Lotus's "short" post, then back at my "long posts"*

*Rages*)

"I'm surprising myself too." He muttered quietly, huffing."I'm not used to being... vulnerable." He glanced over at her, smiling gently. "I mean it's not like I could do this back home and not get... an interesting response to say the least." Artemis looked like a small kid who had just had Christmas taken away. "BUT HE'S MINE! She wailed, tossing the rest of the cookie at the ferret. She flopped down and rolled onto her back. "MINE MINE MINE"

~~~

The twins looked defeated. "Well... that is correct, so we'll let you get to bed." They walked up to Devon and licked her hand softly, before hopping to the floor. They scrabbled through the halls, claws clicking on the tile. "What room are we in?""I don't know if. I knew you'd know you dork, but ummmm... Didn't Truce say something about down the 222? Maybe we were still in the egg at this point at that's why it wasn't so clear..." The hobbled up steps, trying to reach the second floor. It took them a while, but they eventually made it. The door was cracked, and they pushed through. "YAY WE FOUND IT!"

(I was surprised to see people going to bed so soon honestly, the sun just went down a few pages ago, but it;ll have to be a time jump when everyone is ready =\ At least that's how it's usually done.)

Kira blinked as he admitted to feeling vulnerable. She had expected a little resistance, maybe annoyance and a friendly banter. Kira tapped her fingers on the table, not sure how to respond now. Anything else might just get awkward. Especially since it was near bedtime. She stretched and yawned, "Ah, maybe I should go back to my room.... sleep y'know?" she edged out of her seat. Kira wasn't used to 'close emotions' and it made her... uncomfortable. Faize recoiled at the sudden outburst from the hatchling. He jumped up, dodging the cookie projectile. As she rolled onto her back he slitted his eyes. "Oh yeah, that's attractive. What a lady" he grumbled. Faize trudge over and grabbed a spoon, took a heaping scoop from the ambrosia, and stuffed the spoon into the wailing hatchling's mouth.

Choru cracked an eye open to look at the twin dragon that entered. He quickly examined it with his excellent night vision before he snorted. It would be cuter if he wasn't trying to sleep. "Hey, Arachnebutt! Wake up, your dragon's here!" Choru barked shrilly, pitching it high so it would assault the Drider's ears and wake him up. It also drew a reaction from the egg that was pressed to his belly, and it rocked lightly before calming down again. The Valravn's head rested on his paws, brown eyes almost seeming to glitter in the dark like chocolate diamonds, looking from the Drider in the awkward sleeping position to the two-headed drakeling on the ground.

Edited by Luckyclaw