picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

Truce groaned as he woke up, and mumbled something to the twins. They couldn't quite make it out, but chuckled when Truce threw a pillow at Choru. The other one was placed on his back, and the twins hoped on top of it. "Goodnight everyone.""Goodnight Dameon.""Goodnight Xavier." Before they curled up in a ball much like Choru was, and went to sleep.

~~~

Austin frowned. "As much as I would like to continue this night for a while, I will let you go." He paused for a moment, then leaned over and kissed her forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow then." Artemis choked and gagged on the fluffy product, spitting it out. "Next time something of your is stuck in my mouth you aren't going to like it." She growled. Scampering off the table she ran up to Austin, gagging as he kissed Kira's head. Jerkwad... Doesn't know he's mine yet... came to her mind as she hopped into his lap.

Felic chuckled faintly at Sin's depiction of what might occur if someone were to try bullying him again. "Now, that brings up a good question..." He trailed off, hearing Sin's response to his previous question first. "Missing home and friends is common. After all, we're rooted significantly to the relationships we build and to what is familiar around us versus what is unfamiliar."

A wave of vulnerability, discomfort, and displeasure invaded his head, making his body itch and grow hot. Shifting in his seat, he lightly cleared his throat and idly tugged at his shirt collar. "Do you really think my dragon would froth at the mouth?" he asked then, briefly flickering his gaze towards the source of the uncomfortable emotions. Will I even be able to return home with my dragon when I've finished this school?

[[x.x Ew. So short. I feel so bad for leaving you with so little after an unfair waiting period.]]

Edited by Narvix

Kira flinched as Austin leaned over and planted a kiss on her forehead. She smiled and leaned forward, lightly nipping his neck. "Nighty night" she ruffled his hair. Kira beckoned Chobit. Faize gave Artemis an odd look. "Sure ok" he rolled his eyes. He jumped down and ran across the floor, jumping onto Chobit's back. Faize pointed back at Artemis, "That thing needs an attitude adjustment" he declared as Chobit left the room after Kira. Kira smirked and continued down the hall and up to her room. She opened her door and flopped onto the bed. The others followed suit after kicking the door shut.

"Well if your dragon is anything like Mitch here, I think the most froth it'll be making is happy slobber kisses." She chimed, reaching a hand out to pet the little dragon on the head. He hadn't been paying any attention the whole time so when her hand stroked his head, he looked up and proved her point. He had a hunk of meat in his mouth, gumming at it with baby dragon teeth. A small string of drool was dripping from the bottom of the meat hunk while the white-faced wyvern continued to chew at the piece too big for his mouth. "It was just a joke, don't sweat it."

She still wanted to keep talking. She was having a lot of fun with pointless prattle. Sin found herself really enjoying small talk with him, when usually she usually got bored or felt out of place talking to others not of her circle of friends. But she looked at a clock and balked at the time. Man, if she didn't get to bed soon she would never get up in the morning. "Dang Fell, it got late! Lookit that." It was a sudden change in topic, and she hoped he sensed she wasn't saying it because she was bored. She wasn't. "C'mon. Let's get to bed. I don't know about you, but I'm like a bear when I sleep. It's impossible for me to get up in the morning without being shoved out of the covers and staying up late won't help." She started to rise, standing beside the table waiting for Felic to get up as well. Mitch made no haste leaping up onto her shoulder, the final scrap of meat still hanging from his jaw.

{{Lol! That for me is a really short post and you'll see why once I get my other character in here. I'm use to running three characters at a time, but I wanted to give Devon some one on one time to let her develop a bit before I brought my new guy in for approval. I can't remember if Mistry was sleeping or not xd.png.}}

Devon smiled as the twins acquiesced their defeat and dragon kissed her hand as she said, "Good night. It was a pleasure to meet you both." Devon suppressed a yawn as she stood and walked over to the buffet where Rori had somehow fallen asleep, and gently scooped him up. Cradling him her arms, Devon hummed a lullaby while she searched for her room. It was too late to do the things she would normally have done before bed, however Devon was free all day tomorrow and could get everything done then. She couldn't wait to see what her mother had sent up for her since there was no way she could carry everything she'd need while at school, and she had a feeling tomorrow was going to be a very interesting day.

Once she reached her room, Devon unlocked the door and walked in quietly. Devon closed the door softly behind her, and turned to see she was rooming with a Gracidona! Devon's jaw nearly hit the floor, but she recovered quickly as she said with her traditional polite nod, "Hello, my name is Devon. I am a Warrior/Bard from Prism City, and the only one of my people left of equal Siren and Naga blood. I am also a telepath, so if you need to speak mind to mind with me it's not an issue. I hope you don't mind, but I need to change for bed, write in my Ve, and go to sleep. I have a free day tomorrow, so we can talk all we want then. Again I do apologize, but I don't want to fall asleep right in the middle of a conversation since I've been traveling so long to get here on foot."

Setting Rori down on the bed next to her pillow, Devon slipped a dagger underneath it as well. Not that she would need it here, but it was one of those things she'd been doing for so long,Devon doubted she'd be able to sleep at all unless that dagger was there. Opening the luggage her mother had sent, Devon pulled out a night shirt that came down to her mid thigh. Not knowing if her roommate was male or female, Devon went behind the partition to change. Quickly stripping down, Devon removed the weapons that had been hidden underneath her clothing and laid them to the side. Pulling the nightshirt over her head, Devon gathered the clothing and weapons she'd stripped out of and carefully packed them away. Gently removing her Ve and quill from her pack, Devon opened it with her word, she sat cross legged on her bed, next to Rori, and made the general outline of those she'd met today, starting with Tatsuke. That done, she set the huge tome on the desk next to her bed and locked it with a word. All Ve were enchanted to open and lock with a word tuned to the Bard's desire and tone of voice. It had been a long day, with much to talk about, but it was going to have to wait until tomorrow. Sliding her legs beneath the covers, Devon was soon asleep with one arm around Rori.

Austin smiled softly, lifting Artemis into his arms. His eye's hadn't left Kira since she got up, and didn't until she left the room. And while Artemis's eyes didn't either, it was for a bit of a different reason. "I don't like her." She muttered again, and Austin looked down at her, shocked. "Why... you've just met her!" Artemis paused, unsure what to say. She couldn't tell him what she told the ferret... not yet at least. "Just not my type of person I guess..." Austin stared for a moment, then sighed, deciding to deal with it in the morning. He followed Kira's example and exited the cafe, but didn't, however, head to his room.

Instead his journey took him up. Walking out side, he took a bit of a short cut. Forming another fireboard, he stepped on and watch the masonry go by. Before long he was standing at the top of one of the towers. "I'm assuming you aren't afraid of heights then, considering you're a dragon?" The hatchling shook her head, and he stepped out onto the roof of the tower. He looked up, basking in the sea of black, watching the stars twinkle and flicker. He sat back against battlements, a slight smile on his face. "Sleep little one, we won't be moving again tonight unless the weather commands us so." His closed his eyes, and before long he and Artemis had drifted into dreamland.

Edited by DrakeOfBones

[[:c How'd you find an unlocked door to the roof? Aren't they all locked? Including Luch unless you ask politely x3]]

Watching Mitch as the hatchling proved Sin's point, Felic's mind was eased away from the emotions across the room and helped diminish the flush of heat under his skin. "Want me to come by tomorrow morning and wake you for breakfast before your class?" he offered, discarding his trash in the bin as he stood to return his used dishes to the kitchen. There was suddenly the urge to playfully nip at someone's neck and Felic clicked his teeth together, frowning. Hormones and flirting... Great. Shaking his head, he focused on fidgeting with his disheveled tie and shirt collar.

Gathering his bag and egg a few moments later, he narrowed his eyes a fraction. 'He's mine' and 'Hatchling brat' wanted to slip free but the Empath caught himself as he started to voice the initial sounds. And then he was tired, swallowing down a yawn. "If you don't mind, I'll go ahead and walk with you to your room before heading up to my own." He subconsciously shifted his hold on his dragon's egg, starting for the cafeteria doors and knowing that Sin would follow suit without thought.

---

It took a short while but Mistry was able to maneuver through the halls and find the room labelled with the same number as was on her key. Gently, the key was guided to the lock and she was given entry, allowing her to see what rested beyond the door. An empty room greeted her, adorned with simple furniture and access to simple needs. The door eased shut behind her as Mistry stepped towards one of the two empty nests, gently resting her blue and yellow streaked egg into the well-sized hollow. Once done with that brief task, the Gracidona turned her focus to examining the room. It seemed comfortable, having gently plain colors on the walls and furniture as well as basic items for different needs based on what was typically common to have for races: beds to sleep upon, restrooms to utilize for bathing and the like, closets and dressers for the storage of cloth items.

Her ears twitched, swiveling back towards the door as the sound of a key twisting in the knob alerted her of another's presence. Looking over, she was met by the startled appearance of what looked like a young woman. As the female seemed to recover, the human-like creature introduced herself as Devon, a Siren and Naga mix. Prism City. Mistry had traveled by there once or twice and observed it from the sidelines, but she never got closer to observe more about it. For a brief while, the Gracidona merely watched Devon as the woman moved about the room in preparation for sleep. Finally, she sent the signature image she had found to suit her 'nickname': an aged tree caught in a sprinkling of mist.

As the Siren and Naga woman fell asleep, she blinked slowly and turned to examine the second bed that must surely be hers. However, it was unnecessary as the Gracidona didn't sleep upon man-made bedding like a mattress. Instead, it was more natural for her to lay on the ground, legs tucked beneath her and head lowered to rest beside her front knee. Doing so, she idly guided the paper Professor Gale had presented to her onto the bedside table closest to her. She would need to figure out the strange text tomorrow morning.

Sin grinned, playfully teasing with a singsong, "What a gentleman." before they both set off for the stairs. Sin wouldn't mind if Felic decided to help her get up in the morning, but also felt if he didn't want to take up so early then he shouldn't have to. So she decided she would leave it at that and see if he actually did help her out and get her up in the morning, or if he just said it because it was the right thing to offer and not force him to live up to it.

(Short but I want to wrap it up and I don't really think I need a whole 'going to bed' post)

~~~

Choru dodged the pillow and growled. "Last time I ever do you a favor, sheesh!" He then settled his head back on his paws, grumbling about how it could have hit his egg and how he was going to buy a can of bugspray in the morning until his eyelids were too heavy to support, and the mumbles eventually dispersed into the darkness along with his conscious.

Felic's mood perked up at Sin's playful words, his cheeks softly coloring and the back of his ears warming a bit. Making his way up the stairs, he took note of where the first few doors were and began counting the rooms. He wondered which room was Sin's but that question was quickly answered when she turned for a room some twenty yards away from the stairway. "Good night, Sin. I'll see you tomorrow." He waved at her and waited until her door had closed before continuing onto the next flight of stairs further down the hall.

Taking but fifteen minutes or less to climb all three floors and reach his room, the Empath unlocked the door and quietly clicked it shut behind him. For a moment, he simply stood there, feeling the exhaustion collecting at the recesses of his mind. Moving forward, he carefully set the egg down into its nest and set about getting ready for bed. Pulling his coat off and slipping out of his shirt and tie, he headed to the bathroom for a quick shower. Once done, he barely bothered to scrub his hair dry with the towel and got into a set of sweatpants and a loose t-shirt.

Now came the hard part. He climbed into bed and laid down so his gaze was focused on the ceiling. Felic allowed his vision to blur at the edges before he blinked a few times, shutting them lightly and frowning in concentration. Mentally, he tried to picture his mind stretching out and towards the others in the Academy. It was something he tried every other night, attempting to focus on all emotions that surrounded him in a certain range before separating them and organizing which ones came from where and from who. Then, when they were separated out, he tried to isolate one or two, working on keeping the selected emotions in his mind while he pushed the others aside and out of his head.

This exercise was easiest to do at night, when a majority were feeling calm emotions rather than chaotic ones. In a way, it sort of helped to lull him to sleep while also allowing him to practice. With this amount of attention on his Empathic abilities, he could follow individual trails, pinpointing Sin and locating the Demon on the roof with his hatchling. He could find the Scorrow in his room with someone he hadn't crossed paths with. Felic felt Kira's hot emotions in a room near Sin, a fact that made him smirk in anticipation about what might happen if Sin knew this, and he could feel Linole and Orion relaxing behind their combat room. Can I...?

A gentle nudge, the faintest suggestion of comfort, was directed towards his unhatched dragon. For a few moments, the sorrow began to waver, seeming to absorb the comfort. Felic smiled in a mixture of triumph and hope, hope that perhaps his hatchling won't be so sad anymore and triumph over being able to grow in his ability. However, the comfort twisted sharply a few seconds later, the sorrow returning stronger and bulldozing towards the Empath's mind. He gasped in surprise, sitting up abruptly and choking back the urge to puke. Emotions were turning in his head, beating against his skull and twisting in nauseous ways. After a heartbeat or two, fear and sorrow became the dominant emotions and his eyes began to water.

Something moved in the dark corners of his room, blood rushing in his ears and making it unclear if there was a rustling of cloth to his left. The fear grew, rising thickly in his chest and mind while the sorrow slowly grew subdued at the back of his thoughts. I-I'm sorry... His vision had to be playing tricks with him. It was the faint bit of moonlight casting the odd shadows across his room. Right? No, something was in his room.

Movement flickered in his peripheral vision, causing him to turn his gaze quickly in its direction. Nothing there. Still, his heart raced and slammed against his ribs with each frantic beat. Low noises emanated from somewhere behind him, making the boy scramble away from the wall and nearly fall backwards off the edge of his bed. Darkness consumed his vision, spreading along his bedroom walls until everything vanished from sight.

And then he wasn't in the Academy. It was too dark to see much of anything, leaving him to feel blindly to try and gauge where he was. Felic's mouth worked but sound didn't escape or, at least, not from what he could hear. As he felt about for something to grab onto, he tumbled some foot or two. His head hit the ground before he rolled over onto all fours and he rubbed at the offended spot on the back of his head. The noises returned, sounding much like snarling animals and shouting people. The shouting made his head hurt but he wasn't able to realize that he couldn't feel the aggression coming from the people. Instead, the aggression came from him and raced towards the sounds as an influencing wave.

"Stop!"

That was his voice. Felic gasped, startled, and attempted to unscramble his brain. Where was he? What was he doing? Swallowing and inhaling deeply to hold his breath for a few seconds before releasing it, he focused his vision. He was on the ground, resting on his knees. He was situated before an empty nest and it took a few heartbeats until he realized what he was doing with his arms. They were held up in front of him, elbows slightly bent and hands grasping something firmly: his dragon's egg. When this dawned on him, he cried out faintly, quickly but carefully putting the egg back into its nest, and scrambled backwards onto his feet. "I-I'm sorry... I was only trying to cheer you up..."

Stepping silently, he stared at the egg for a moment before climbing back into his bed. Slipping under his covers, he settled in on his side and stared at the door.

She was running fast as her feet could carry her through the dense rain forest. People she cared about were in trouble, and she had to get to them before it was too late. Devon was breathing hard, trying to keep fear and panic at bay, thick leaves and branches cut her as she ran by them in the dark. She was close now and could hear the sounds of battle clearly... **Hold on! I'm coming!** She thought desperately to them. Drawing her weapons, Devon burst through the trees and into the clearing...

Devon sat up straight in her bed, the knife she kept under her pillow in her hand and ready to fight. Breathing heavily, she couldn't remember where she was until Rori nudged her arm. Gathering him in her arms, Devon held him close to her until she was calm again. Realizing it was time to get up, Devon pushed the covers aside and neatly made her bed before grabbing a towel from her things and wiping herself clean of sweat and tears. Opening her large trunk, Devon pulled out her red sports bra, black leggings, socks and soft running shoes. Getting everything pulled on quickly, she belted her daggers around her waist, along with a small pouch and a couple canteens full of water. Grabbing a couple of towels and mats from her trunks, Devon let Rori hop onto her shoulder and walked out the door quietly so she wouldn't disturb her roommate. Locking it behind her, Devon made her way to the front door.

Setting her things down in a corner, Devon smiled as Rori flew down and coiled up on one of the mats to rest a bit while they waited for Tatsuke. Devon took a sip of water and pulled her hair back in a multi hued braid that came down to her waist before she started doing stretches. When Rori piped up...

**You dream a lot about that night don't you.**

Sighing as she bent and touched the floor, Devon sent back, **Every night. And every night I always wake just before I can see who it is that's in danger, or what's attacking them.**

Rori looked at Devon and saw the scar that ran down her left side, his eyes widened, but he said nothing about it. He could tell the wound that would have left a scar like that could have killed his friend, which told him Devon must have been very strong to have held on long enough for a healer to help her. Instead of asking about that he said, **While we wait for your friend why don't you tell me about your family back home. What are your parents like?**

Devon gave Rori a smile as she stretched her sides out, Devon gladly obliged the hatchlings desire Devon told him all about her parents and friends back home. Sending him pictures and sharing her memories of them.

((did the time skip already happen or is it about to happen?))

Kira blinked her eyes open as she felt little feet patter along her side. As her eyes opened she stared into two black orbs. It took a moment for her to register this and she flinched, "AH!" she exclaimed, sitting up. The covers flew off as she did so, flopping onto Chobit and effectively burying her. Faize rose onto his hind legs, "Rise and shine, it's 8am. You start class in an hour so you better get down for breakfast" he said as he jumped off the bed. Kira grumbled, standing up and changing into a fresh pair of cloths. She tossed her old ones into the laundry hamper as the blankets on the bed started to rustle. Chobit dug her way through the burial and poked her head out. "Time to go" Kira announced, pulling her shoes on. Chobit hopped out of bed, to which Faize hopped on her. Kira led the way down the hall to breakfast.

Light poured into the window of Nami and Tiberius's room. Nami stretched out her arms- she'd been awake for a while now. It seemed about time to go down to breakfast. She pet Coorta until the hatchling awoke and picked her up. Nami spared a look at the sleeping form of Tiberius before quietly leaving the room and heading down to the dining hall.

Jaden and Zeek laid sprawled out on the bed. They were intertwined with each others limbs in a mess of a sleep form. Zeek thumped his foot in his sleep, nudging Jaden awake. He grumbled and struggled to rub his eyes as he was caught up with Zeek. Being so short made Zeek nearly half Jaden's size, which proved as an issue for sleeping together apparently. The two groggily grew more awake before realizing their predicament. "Hold still" Jaden muttered as he tried to unravel them. "No not- ah" he was cut off as they flopped onto the floor. The fall broke them apart and gave a good shake awake. Jaden pulled on fresh clothing while Zeek preened his feathers. The two then headed down the hall and entered the dining hall.

Tatsuke awoke today with a slight headache and the bad taste of a dry morning in his mouth. He sat up in bed rubbing his temples and grumbling lowly, all the while Evui remained warmly curled up on his lap with peaceful dreams coursing through his cunning fox mind. The boy clutched at fleeting wisps of thoughts, the dispersing smoke of some kind of dream, but the memories eluded him like spots at the corner of vision after one rubbed their eyes. He felt like he'd dreamed of something horrifying, something he didn't want to remember. Sometimes his mind was like a parent, a passing thought mused, covering his eyes at certain points and telling him not to look. It was a bane and a curse, if he stepped back to truly examine the situation without annoyance at the fact that sometimes he just subconsciously drowned out anything that would deeply perturb him.

He passed it off as a dream not worth remembering. He didn't dream a lot anymore, not since a few months after the final attack on the human race. About... two years ago? Three? He shook his head. It was shameful to his homeland that he couldn't fully remember the exact date of the greatest tragedy to befall it in history. An event that directly affected him, no less. It may have been early in the morning, but it was no excuse. Evui had awakened at this point, placing his paws on Tatsuke's stomach and licking his face in greeting. "Good morning, my friend." Tatsuke greeted back, stroking his companion on the ears and down the pelt.

He put the fox to the side and turned from the bed, and padded softly to the bathroom. In a moment, the shower was on and releasing comfortable steam into the room. Showers were the perfect place to think in the morning while really waking up, as well as stand and catch water in one's mouth then spit it out pretending one was a Squirtle or draw patterns on the steamy glass. Oh, and get clean. So naturally Evui joined him, like he always did. Because Evui is cool like that.

Meanwhile, a silver, pearl-like egg shook in Tatsuke's pack, but still not a crack formed.

~

Which ultimately lead to Tatsuke's arrival at Devon's training session. He allowed her to know of his arrival in advance with a call of "Ohayo!" and a wave. He didn't want to sneak up on her and spook her. His brown hair was still the slightest bit damp, making it look a shade darker than the dusty brown it usually was, and a centimeter longer than usual. It brought out the dark golden in his eyes. His small pack was over his shoulder, holding his book, pencils, and of course a round bulge that was his dragon egg. It stood out against the golden robe he was wearing today.

Austin groaned as the sun peaked over the battlement, his face scrunching in pain and his hands going up to block the orb. "Damned Apollo and his freaking chariot... censorkip.gif*** never knows when to stop it." He muttered, standing up and stretching, bones cracking in many inhuman ways. Artemis yawn, an adorable kitten like meow coming from her. "Whats the hubbub bub... it's to early..." Austin just laughed, picking her up. He walked over to the door, and then paused. There was a face... that was moving. It looked asleep, and Austin wasn't sure what to do. He gently tried the handle, which was locked, and groaned. Fine. Long way down. But first....

Austin's grin could probably be seen from the ground as he floated down on a circle of fire, due to the message he had left burning above the door. Austin was certainly there, and that wouldn't be going away anytime soon. He stepped off the construct, it's form dissipating, and walked into the school. Now what room was hers... I'd love to catch breakfast with her... But try as he might, he couldn't remember any room number being mentioned by Kira. Frowning, he headed to the cafeteria, hoping she was there or soon would be. Artemis purred in his arms, nuzzling against him. "So what are we doing today?" Austin thought for a moment, trying to catch everything. "Well I've got class around eleven, so that'll have to happen. We've also got three meals and at least one game of Go with Tatsuke. Then hopefully we also run into Kira sooner or later..." Artemis grimaced at the last mention, but nodded, dealing with the fact for the moment. She grinned as they stepped into the cafe, the smells washing over her. Austin sat down, unsure what to do. He didn't have class for like... 3 hours... and he still didn't have a shirt.

~~~

Autumn picked herself out of her vine-hammock and smiled. She hoped the school wouldn't care if she left this makeshift building here, though she may stop using it if she could get a few... amenities in her room with the odd pair of twins. She stepped out into the morning sun, and smiled. It still smelled fresh her, not like the putrid, acrid, polluted stench of some of the cities she was... persuaded into visiting before hand. Walking through the forest, she pasted the corpse flower she had planted yesterday, it's stench gone from the world. She rest a hand on it's frills and breathed, before the hunger hit her. It was time devour another pers- meal...

She finished her trek through the forest and entered the school. There was some confusion, people unsure if she had been out there all night or if she just... didn't sleep. Many of the students seemed to be deathly afraid of her, and as much as she knew she shouldn't care, it still kind of stung. She sighed as she stepped into the cafe, picking up another plate of meat before sitting down at an empty table. Maybe someone would approach her today, maybe not. Who knows. (DO IT)

~~~

Truce grumbled as the twins jumped against his back, screaming, "FOOD FOOD FOOD!" over and over again like toddlers. "All right all right I'm up I'm up." He muttered, stretching his upper body. He glanced over and the bunk bed across the room, realizing the third person had yet to be seen. His stuff was there, a few suitcases, all marked with horn decals... interesting character he must be... Truce stood slowly, his insectoid body not really wanting to move yet. However his 'children' were hungry, so he had to. He ducked under the door, heading through the halls towards the cafe.

As he entered, he grabbed a plate of raw meat for himself and a small dish of freshwater fish for his hatchling. They grinned, bouncing up and down on his back. "You know you guys are gonna have to learn to fly eventually." He said as he placed the dish in front of them. "You'll have to hunt eventually. I don't have an all you can eat buffet at home." They frowned, not really having considered that idea bThey shrugged slightly and dug in anyways, deciding to deal with that later. He looked around at his schoolmates, before sitting at an empty table.

Edited by DrakeOfBones

As soon as the clocks hit 8 AM, Ten-Jorra's eyes shot open. She blinked a few times to shake away the remaining effects of trance. She looked at Runara, who was peacefully sleeping near her, curled into a ball. Chuckling, argonian gently shook her form: "Wake up, sleepyhead. It's morning."

"Mmh... already?" - the young dragon yawned, waking up and leaving her dreamland world. - "T'was pretty good dream..."

"Come on, Runara." - Ten-Jorra stood up - "I guess you are hungry."

"I'm not hungry!" - Runara shook her head, but her stomach proved these words false. Argonian chuckled and picked her up, and hatchling curled around Ten-Jorra's neck, as usual.

The latter left her room, locking the door behind her, and headed for cafeteria.

Soon the duo reached cafeteria. This time Ten-Jorra decided to go on vegetarian path, so she chose a vegetable salad. As for Runara, she received some pears, for which she had a huge craving. Argonian, greeting Jaden and his dragon companion, whom she passed, with a nod, went to a table, which was already occupied by a woman... who resembled a plant of some sort.

"Excuse me," - Ten-Jorra asked politely, while her companion was looking at woman with curiousity. - "You won't mind if I sit here?"

Devon had no need to tiptoe around to avoid disturbing Mistry as the Gracidona was already awake. She remained curled up beside her egg's nest but lifted her head to watch Devon as she seemed to be disturbed in her sleeping. The creature had seen such disturbances a few times before and had heard someone call it a 'bad dream.' If she knew what they were referring to, she would know that she similarly experienced dreams from time to time. However, she didn't label them as dreams. Instead, she knew them as sleep images.

Her ears swiveled and she turned her gaze towards her quivering egg. Bringing her nose closer, she huffed and that same spark from before tingled at the back of her mind. She couldn't figure out what it was still and it irked her as well as fascinated her. The egg quivered again and Mistry lightly touched her tail tip to the moving object's top. Should she hold it still or should she let it wobble? The Gracidona didn't know if it would fall over and break upon hitting the ground or if it would remain in its nest.

Rising to her four hooves, Mistry stepped closer to the bedside table and examined her schedule. She could make out the words 'history,' 'cultural,' and 'science' but that was all and with some difficulty. Tilting her head, she snorted in a mixture of displeasure and confusion. Oh well. Replacing the paper on her antler with a stream of wind, she glanced at her egg and wondered if she should bring it with her. A sort of cloth object sitting nearby caught her attention and she quickly recognized it as a kind of carrying device for smaller items. Perhaps she could place her egg into this man-made item and travel with it that way.

Tail twitching, she inspected the bag, slipping her nose inside beneath the flap and sniffing the scent of the mixed fabric. After a moment, she nudged the flap open and gathered her egg with her tail, gently placing it in the back. Another moment and she was attempting to slip the bag's strap over her head. However, her antlers would prove to be an obstacle. So, trying a different approach, she stepped in the space encircled by the strap and eased it over her rear with her tail. From there, she coaxed it towards her shoulders and neck where she shifted the strap around her shoulders and adjusted the bag to rest comfortably against her chest.

This was how the bipedal creatures wore their bags. Yes? It felt awkward for her and the bag bumped uncomfortably against her chest and legs as she walked. Well, maybe someone could help her? But, that would mean she would have to search for someone to help. That was out of her comfort zone and she also did not know where she should go to search for aid. Snorting in faint irritation, she exited the room nonetheless and started for the stairs she had climbed up the night before. Maybe she would cross paths with someone on her way to wherever the hallways led.

---

Felic didn't get much sleep, having fallen asleep sometime near midnight and waking around five. Dreams were not common for him but that was not the reason for his minimal hours of unconsciousness. He'd been disturbed by what he had discovered of his dragon and thought on what it could mean. Still, he didn't hold any grudge against his unhatched dragon. The blame was on his shoulders. None of this really mattered, however, as he was sort of used to getting less sleep than he should.

When he woke, he continued to lay in bed for some time before finally getting up and deciding to get dressed. He generally wore the same clothes each day as he only really had two or three different outfits. This meant that he would wash his clothes whenever he could and whenever necessary. Typically, at the orphanage, this would be every other day or sooner as there were enough kids to make a single load of laundry a day. Lucky for him in that case but irritating for the caretakers since it meant they went through bottles of detergent more frequently than a four member family household.

Once changed, he barely bothered with brushing his unruly hair, quickly combing his fingers through instead. He slipped his boots on, swiftly going through the familiar motions of clipping together the various buckles and clasps before tugging his pant legs down over them. Lastly, he debated on whether or not he should bring his egg to the cafeteria this morning. The Empath figured he probably shouldn't as it felt like the hatchling was exhausted. Did moving an egg around tire out the hatchling curled up inside? Felic didn't know but he figured he may as well leave it alone in the nest. At any rate, it was only about 6:30 at this point.

That brought up the question about when he should wake Sin. Did he wake her at eight or did he wake her some time between 7:30 and eight? He figured he should get her up at around 7:45 so she had some time to change without having to sacrifice time for breakfast. With this decided, he exited his room and locked the door, first heading for the roof.

"Luch?" When he reached the talking door, Felic crouched slightly in front of the knob. His voice was hushed more than usual, uncertain as to if the door was actually sleeping or just went into some kind of stasis phase.

Beady eyes blinked open and a light scowl etched the wooden expression. "What do you want? Don't you know what time it is?"

Felic's ears began to color as he realized the door had been sleeping and rubbed the back of his head. "I-I wanted to head up to the roof for a few minutes and see what the place looked like in the morning."

Luch hummed, if that was possible, and appeared to contemplate the boy's request. "Alright, fine. But I'll give you just five minutes. Any second longer and I'm locking you out to find another way down." With that, the door swung open and Felic hurried up the concrete stairs.

It was already past the beginning of sunrise but the multicolored glow was still highlighting the sky. Watching everything light up was different from watching everything grow dark. He would have to get Sin up early enough some time to see this for herself. It was honestly rather pretty and that was maybe doing little justice. Felic smiled, still surprised by the size of the forest surrounding the Academy and the range of hills in the distance. For the time allowed him, he stared and took in the expanse of greenery, watching how the sunlight crept over the treetops like some sort of massive wave.

With his five minutes just about up, he quickly made his way back down to the talking door and entered the building again, thanking Luch for the roof access. There was still around an hour of time left before he needed to wake Sin so he decided to walk around the Academy again, wanting to see if he could find anything he might have missed the other day. However, that soon lost its appeal and he just settled for lounging in the library, reading.

That ate up the hour soon enough and it was time to get Sin out of bed. Thankfully, the Library was on the floor beneath the first bunch of rooms and he didn't need to walk far to reach the stairs. Finding room 206, Felic lifted a hand and knocked on the door, at first hesitant but then more confident. "Sin? It's time to get up. Don't want to attend class hungry, do you?"

Kira looked over her food options at the buffet. She smiled contently as she saw a vast selection of breakfast items. She piled a waffle onto her plate, covered it in strawberry sauce, and then put whipped cream on top. She took a side of bacon and and extra plate of meat for the kiddies and looked for a seat. She spotted Austin and grinned, plopping down in the seat next to him. "Morning sunshine" she greeted. Faize and Chobit hopped on the table to eat their plate of food. Kira cut into her waffle, "What's your first class today? I got gym first thing" she said, stuffing the cut piece into her mouth.

Nami slinked into the cafeteria. It was the first time she actually would eat here as she immediately followed Tiberius the day before. Come to think of it, she hadn't met anyone else either. She picked up two plates for her and her hatchling. She took fish and fruit for herself, and a salad for her hatchling. Nami looked around and sat at one of the many empty tables.

Jaden peered around the cafeteria. Guess Jeth is still asleep... he sighed quietly. Zeek sped past him to the buffet. Jaden grabbed a plate of meat for himself and sat down, being used to the fact that Zeek ate straight from the buffet like a pig. His tail curled in a feeling of discomfort. Perhaps he should have made more friends. Wasn't there Tatsuke too? He looked around. No such luck- he wasn't there either.

Tiberius awoke startled. Tiberius gasped for breath as his hatchling pile-drived his chest. He quickly pushed her off of him, accidentally knocking her onto the floor. Tiberius immediately sprang up out of his bed, only to see the hatchling sitting up looking at him. "Good morning sleepy master, how was your rest?" she inquired. Tiberius smiled at her and said "Not too bad. What about you?". "It was fine thanks" he replied. Aeldra took a look around the room and noticed the Kitsune was gone. "Master, where is your friend from yesterday? The one with a bunch of tails?" she asked. Tiberius took a quick glance at Nami's bed and saw that she wasn't there. "She might have gone to use the bathroom, but I hope not; I need to go bad". And with that, he darted for the bathroom and opened it without knocking. Once he saw nobody was in there, he too off his clothes and hopped in the shower, with Aeldra guarding the doorway.

((It's morning... FINALLY!! xd.png ))

Edited by LegendOfKorraFan

Some people could sleep like cats, comfortable in almost any position. Sin was one of them. Half-covered by a blanket and one leg hanging off the bed she dozed. Mitch lay under one arm, pressed against her chest like a teddy bear. Apparently, her flexibility was infectious, as Mitch had his wings stretched wide and tail tucked under his legs. Small, hard spines were beginning to poke out of his back, blunted and dark like unsharpened arrowheads. But somehow, Sin barely felt them even as they jabbed into her forearm. They might have slept all day had not Felic come to wake them up.

When she heard the knocking, she didn't stir at first. She was really firmly set into her dreams. But as he continued, she woke and groaned. When she got up her footsteps were loud and heavy from the sluggishness of morning. "I'm coming, I'm coming..." Even her voice was grated with weariness, slightly raspy and low. She quickly threw on a shirt and hopped into pants, making sure she was dressed before she opened the door.

Mitch was draped across her shoulders lazily, his eyes half-lidded, and sin was rubbing one of her silver eyes. The other was gently pulling her claws through her hair trying to get it straight. It had turned into a jungle overnight, which was a stretch from how smooth and well-kept it had been a few hours ago. "'Mornin' Fell." Obviously, she was no morning person. "What time 'sit?"

~~~

Choru woke up into a bad morning. He shifted awake, giving a great big yawn before he stood to stretch himself... so was was it bad? He realized that no egg flopped over when he stood up. In minutes he was panicking. He tore through the room like a puppy looking for shoes, sniffed frantically searching for dragon scent, and started calling things like "Dragon! Dragon, where are you?!" Soon, he realized the dragon wasn't in the room, and raced into the hallway, bound to bowl someone over at the speed her was running.

~

The dragon was where any newborn dragon would be found. Near food. He was a Terrae dragon, already very large for his age, with green spots and tiny white nubs that would grow to be his antlers. He actually looked like he'd been growing for quite a while, he was even beginning to sport his wings which looked like small, webbed fingers. There were a few crumbs all over his face, coupled with his puffy cheeks that had been stuffed full of food. He watched everyone in the cafeteria with scarlet red eyes, the slightest of mindless smiles on his face. He especially focused on a little white-feathered dragon eating at the buffet. He wondered to himself what he would look like if he had no feathers...

Zeek stuffed heaps of food down his gullet at a time. It would have looked very disturbing to onlookers. He never seemed to gain an ounce as he ate either. The hatchling sat back on his haunches to take a breath. He swallowed down the food packed in his puffed-out cheeks. The cafeteria seemed quite quiet this morning. His tongue cleaned his paws and thereafter, face. After a brief look around, Zeek noticed another hatchling looking on at him. A very large hatchling at that. "You gonna eat? Oh there's lots to eat here. I love the meat" he stabbed a slice of meat with his claw and stuffed it into his mouth. It was a wonder he hadn't exploded by now.

"I ate. I ate a lot more than you did." The small dragon's face was non-expressive. He showed so little emotion it almost seemed like the voice was coming from someplace else. He also sat very still, like a statue. It almost seemed like he was a cat sitting on something he didn't want taken from him. "Eat the chicken. It tastes best..."

Zeek rocked from side to side, bouncing slightly as he did so. He seemed to be fidgeting. His head buried itself back into the beef as the other hatchling spoke. His wings fluttered as he did so. When the other hatchling finished, there was a slight delay before Zeek raised his head again. His cheeks were once again filled with food, "What?... Oh nah I like the beef. I like it the best" he started to eat again, "Bestest... meat.... food..." he mumbled through the raw beef.

Edited by Sai

Felic tilted his head faintly when he realized Sin wasn't a real morning person. "It's roughly eight now. I figured you wouldn't want to miss breakfast before attending class this morning." The Empath started walking for the cafeteria, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "How'd you sleep?"

---

Nails were clicking along the hallway floor, drawing closer at a rather quick pace. Mistry stopped, turning her head to see what was approaching. A Valravn was rushing towards her or, more appropriately, in the direction she was heading. She lifted her head higher, snorting and silently stamping a hoof down at a slight angle. The air between her and the Valravn hardened, following a slight curve from the floor to just a few inches above her head and stretching her full body length.

It seemed as if the Valravn would be crashing against the mostly unnoticeable barrier unless he realized that the Gracidona was there in his path and he either came to a halt on his own or shot around her. She was curious, however, about why he was moving so quickly and so she wanted to observe the canine, her head lowered faintly in questioning.