picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

(This is gonna be fun, fun, fun, fuuun.)

Choru didn't respond at first. His stomach had dropped to the floor and his jaw was wide open. He fought with the urge to close the door that had just been opened, trot outside, and sleep under a tree. In fact, it sounded like such a good idea he wasn't sure why he didn't just do it. "Oh god, right when everything seems right with the world something else comes to bite me in the ass." The feathers on his back ruffled., and he kept his body as stuff as possible without assuming a stance that would allow him to dodge a tail strike easily. "What have I done now?!" That last line was mostly aimed at the universe.

(I love how we all are running out of colors for our character's dialogue so we just use the same color as other characters.)

Edited by Luckyclaw

the Twins went outside to do some kind of zen-sword vulcan mind meldy thing

[i love how you put this, Lucky. It made me lol.]

Kyru and Teru stood together, and, still laughing, they began making their way back to the Cafeteria, one last meal in mind before they went to bed. They grabbed their food uneventfully, and chose to sit at a seperate table this time.

They finished their food rather quickly, though Teru had to literally drag her brother away from the human desserts, which he had taken perhaps the quickest liking-to in history. They eventually reached their room, number 354, and entered. Teru sat on one of the two beds, and Kyru did so on the other one. Once in this position, the two began meditating, their mental energies often brushing against eachother's.

[Drake, if you want the sadisitic plant to join the psychic twin wind mages, feel free to do so.]

{{Narvix guessed it right first via pm, but hey cookies all around! I love Labyrinth smile.gif. The fog of pain meds has finally lifted. I've been trying to concentrate on a post for the past few days, but everything kept coming out like nonsense. That's a very cute pic Sai. I wish I could draw even half that well, but I can't even draw a straight line.}}

Smiling at the twins frustration, Devon knew they'd get her riddle sooner or later. Allowing Tatsuke to guide her hand, she laughed lightly as he corrected her as she said to the dragon twins, "You are correct." Casting her gaze around the table, Devon queried, "Who's turn is it now?"

As she waited, Devon looked at the differences in what she'd written and how it was suppose to look as she tried again. Taking a look at the finished product, Devon resisted the urge to make a face at it. Peering into Tatsuke's golden eyes, Devon said with a smile, "I see I have quite a ways to go, but I'm tenacious." When the twins got up to leave, Devon gave them a wave as she said to those who remained, "What classes do you guys have tomorrow? I'm free all day, so I might take Rori down to the river for swimming lessons and stretch my fins. I will probably bring my instruments, so I can practice singing without distracting the rest of the school."

Devon wished she could get some practice in tonight, but she was enjoying making new friends here and learning about them. When she'd first arrived, the thought of meeting humans had been more than a little unnerving for her. Yet here she was sitting right next to one, learning from him, and enjoying herself more than she had in four years now. She knew without a doubt, that this school was more than just a place for them to learn. It was a place to begin to heal wounds that were so deep, they scared entire civilizations. Her own was no exception. There wasn't a single Naga or Siren that hadn't known loss from this cursed war. It was so deeply ingrained in the psyche of her peoples, everyone who survived have been forever changed. Most of her people bore scars, Devon included, from fighting on the front lines, or from defending their borders from bandits and raids from other races. Devon's own scar came from the night her husband and son had lost their lives. If their healer hadn't arrived when he did, Devon would have bled out and lost her life as well. She owed Eulinu her life, but he'd been called to his first battle for their allies and lost his own life due to treachery in the allies ranks. She'd known Eulinu for many years, he was a true healer, which meant he was never taught how to fight. None with any talent in healing were taught how to fight unless they wished to learn, and many did. Eulinu wasn't the strongest of healers, yet it had been a surprise when he'd requested to learn swordsmanship. Alas it was not to be, the moment her mother had told him there was the chance he'd have to take a life Eulinu became violently ill. Devon and Tyeolaru had to help the poor guy off the training grounds and console him. Eulinu was a proud man, even as a child, he hated that his healing gift wasn't as strong as others, but more so, he'd hated that he'd have to depend on others to fight for him. It was common among Naga who were born with any gift that could be used to heal. They were born and bred warriors, though it was no shame to be a healer. Quite the opposite, in fact. That never stopped them from feeling as though they were letting their people down somehow. In Eulinu's case, Devon and Tyeolaru told him just how valuable he could be if he worked hard, pouring all that energy he had into learning other methods to supplement what he couldn't do as a healer. That's just what he did too. By the end of his training, Eulinu had become one of the most knowledgeable healers they had. She was glad the war was over. Devon knew there would still be trouble with bandits, this was something that had been going on even before the war, but now there was a chance for peace. That was something Devon would fight tooth and nail to keep.

As the rest of the students began to file into the cafeteria for dinner, Devon watched discretely as Austin's egg hatched and the young-ling within flew into Austin's head. Devon knew she'd have to watch Rori around this one as it was likely they would get along about as well as fire and water could. Glancing over to him, Devon saw he was still chatting with Chip and Zeke over at the buffet, so she smiled at them before returning her attention to her table mates.

((OH. MY. GOD. I'M GOING TO JUST GO INTO A CORNER AND DIE. I'VE BEEN WORKING FOR censorkip.gifHOURS ON A PICTURE AND I JUST LOST IT ALL. I COULD KILL.

I found who was responsible and I swear to god this was my reaction:

>:(

I WILL POST LATER.))

[i'd like to thank you for killing my diaphragm, Sai. My lungs hurt now from all the damn lolz.]

((Silly Sai, potty mouths are cute wink.gif Though I'm very sorry for your lost work, I'm sure it was beautiful.

HOW WAS NARVIX FIRST I RESPONDED LIKE 20 MINUTES LATER!))

Truce groaned loudly and slammed the door shut. "I am NOT going to deal with THAT all year!" He muttered to himself, stalking over to the now dismantled bed. He picked up a piece of the wooden frame and hurled it at the wall, it's form cracking as it bounce of the stone. "A pompous, self righteous, manner-less jack ass... all year..." He composed himself and kicked the broken frame against the wall. Opening the door, he put on his best smile, and with a wave of his hand, invited Choru in. "I assume you must be one of my roommates. Please, come on it." He said softly, his face betraying none of the underlying anger.

~~~

Autumn pull her key from between the fold of her bark, and looked at the number engraved on it. 354... a whole two floors up. She smirked, ever so slightly uncomfortable with being that far from actual dirt. She clicked up the stairs slowly, the sound of her heels again resounding through the halls. Stepping up to her door, she smelt the two inside, and hesitated. Could she handle living with... food in her room? Could she resist from converting them in her sleep? She shook the thoughts from her head. Of course she could, she had motivation. She pushed the key into the door and walked through, taken slightly back by the twins. She nodded at them wordlessly, and sat on her bed, slipping off the pack that held her egg and setting it on the table next to it. A finger ran across the cloth, feeling the metal springs beneath her. She made a mental note to start carrying up dirt in the morning, to make herself a better bed.

~~~

Xavier and Dameon looked around the table, staring at their three riddle-mates. "Well Puppy-man seems very quiet, and I don't know if he has a riddle. The Scribe also is quiet, unless you're involved." Dameon droned, winking at Devon with that last remark, then Xavier looked back at where the twins had been. "And they were up next if neither of those two want to share a riddle. So unless you wanna do another it would probably be our turn."

((I mean no offense by any of these nicknames, I just don't remember them getting introduced so trying to keep the continuity up. And Lucky... I'm officially outta colors I have no idea what I'ma do for Autumns hatchling. Maybe make all of it's actions colored and Dialogue black?))

(I was about to say that an orange-and-green scheme would look cool for Autumn and her hatchling, like the color of autumn and summer, but then I realized that's what Choru and his hatchling will be. Whoops. You could bold words from the hatchling like I do with Mitch, which makes them look like they're being deliberatley colored black. Or maybe you could do yellow if you want to be obnoxious. Though I think green would be a good choice. There are also colors you can do manually by entering in colors like brown. I was using brown for Choru but I got annoyed with it because I'm lazy.)

When Truce slammed the door in his face, Choru let out a loud whimper like a dog that had just been kicked in the nose. Which had nearly happened, but instead of a leg it was a door. He then proceeded to hear crashing and banging. Damn that guy was violent. Choru played a few scenarios in his mind... a daring one would be to fly just outside the window and then enter in when he had finally calmed down and just go to sleep without a word, a more rational one was to do down and seek out that headmannequin and demand a re-do key. He had just been about to act on that second one when Truce opened the door and began to act all nice. Choru wasn't stupid; he could see that Truce wanted to rip his head off. You would have to be stupid to think the banging was all some kind of dance for joy. But, he chose the room and he would have to live with it, at least until tomorrow when he went searching for the Headmaster and demanding a new room.

The Valravn came in as invited, once at a spot where he wouldn't slam his wing into Truce's face he leaped into the air like a bird, and landing on a bunk-bed at the far side of the room. Obviously a bunk bed for him and the next roommate, as Truce had dismantled one bed and made a nest where Choru could only assume he was going to lay eggs or hoard a treasure. Naturally he was on the top-bunk where he was able to look down at Truce. "First, I know you don't like me, and I'm not the fondest of you so you can stop smiling. It insults both of our intellects. Second, This isn't the worst thing that can happen. It's just a room, we can both sleep and study and not have to do so much as fart in eachother's direction. We can even make a fancy red tape line if you want. A few dead frogs and we'll have nifty name tags and everything. So let's just put off this mutual dislike as long as we're in this room so no one has to be afraid of getting killed in their sleep or pelted with spit balls during studying. Agreed?" Those last two few were as close to jokes as he would be getting.

(Will post Tatsuke maybe later or tomorrow.)

Edited by Luckyclaw

((Well yeah, I was working on the comic. I went to open my file and was just, " censorkip.gif my life.... *checks backup file to see it's gone too* and censorkip.gif my life hard"))

Faize looked over at the demon as he entered, seeing he was unscathed aside from oddly having no shirt. "Still in one piece" he tilted his head in thought at the introduction, "Ah, hellfire demon. No wonder you guys get along" the ferret sniggered. Kira rolled her eyes and grabbed food for her plate. She plopped down next to Austin. Chobit remained quiet, being a silent type in general. Kira had jsut settled in to start eating when Austin's dragon dive-bombed his face. She had to do a double take to make sure she'd seen it right. "Looks like you got the 'special' one. Congratulations" she smirked.

Edited by Sai

Felic blinked, flickering his gaze from Sin's to the knife she held and then to his food where the knife was pointed at. "Oh." Nothing else to say. Idly, he poked at his potato salad with the prongs of his fork, a crooked frown of thought on his face. "Not really. At least, not very interesting for me. I didn't really get into anything crazy. It was more often that I was pushed or shoved into something like old urine, wet dung, or trash. Sometimes it was all three at once." He shrugged, faintly scrunching his nose at the memory and using his fork to push his potato salad elsewhere on his plate. "The orphanage is pretty lax about bullies but, should you be caught trying to go watch a movie, you'd get into more trouble than that film was worth."

He absently took a bite from his food, not able to enjoy the taste as it seemed to turn into bland powder in his mouth. Swallowing it nonetheless, the Empath smiled grudgingly. "Almost had my head flushed in a toilet once but I was able to slip free of it. It did catch a few of the other boys by surprise. They're not too bright so I figured out then that I have an advantage. Ya just gotta confuse them and they'll act like deer caught in the headlights." He paused, his brow wrinkling slightly. Did Sin know the phrase? From how she had described the horse breeder, he wasn't certain if there were vehicles back at her home. Which, by the way, it sounded like the breeder was a complete jack.

---

Mistry blinked rapidly, unready for Professor Gale's bit of magic. As off guard as she was, she didn't startle. Visualize the room number? Well... She didn't know very many numbers. However, she did know zero through six. From those, she selected three at random and put them into an order that worked with what rooms were possible: 205. Just as the 5 was clear in her mind, the appropriate key popped into existence and she blinked at the instantaneousness of it. Swiftly, she caught it on a small gust of air and coaxed it to slowly drift around her neck. Now... For that egg...

Walking towards the Hatchery, she gently eased open the large doors with another stream of wind. At the threshold, she paused and examined the room. Some of the nests were empty, no doubt originally holding eggs that other students had chosen. Slowly, she entered the room fully and began to inspect certain eggs. Mistry sniffed at different ones, her nose keeping a few inches from touching any of the shells as she took in various scents and huffed once or twice. Perhaps two eggs made her pause and contemplate longer about whether or not to take it. However, she moved on from both and continued her search.

What was she looking for? She didn't know. This endeavor would drastically pull her out of her comfort zone, out of her natural behavior. She never interacted with another being for more than a couple of hours. This, she was expected to interact with someone for the entirety of its life. Then she figured, yes it was a different sort of behavior for her but, maybe she should look upon the situation as a chance to observe and learn some things about Dragons. She had met one before but the ancient female had been intent on feeding upon Mistry's flesh, driven by that craving due to pregnancy.

Shaking her head, she stopped and turned her gaze onto a deep blue egg with strikes of yellow running across the shell. She tilted her head and sniffed at the egg just like she did with the select others. Something sparked at the back of her mind and she snorted in response, her long tail lashing to tap the ground. What was that? What had touched her thoughts? Did it come from the blue and yellow egg? Should this be the one she would raise?

Bringing her tail forward, she wrapped it securely around the egg and lifted it out of its nest. To Professor Gale, she sent an emotion of certainty, indicating to him that this was the egg she would keep. Exiting the room, she rested the egg upon her back, supporting it with cushioning lumps of air to prevent it from falling to the floor. From there, she proceeded on to locate her room.

[[Hope you don't mind, Lotus. I'm gonna let Mistry bunk with Devon as I figured Devon would be most likely to understand Mistry. It would also give my Gracidona a chance to observe Devon.

Also, I added an Occupied Rooms list to the Wiki. However, I couldn't find every post that mentioned which room each character chose. So, if those I couldn't find could fill in the gaps by either editing it into the Wiki or commenting it here, that'd be helpful.]]

Truce growled softly as the Wolf-like creature made himself at home. "Yes yes, we can deal. Or at least probably. Maybe I'll get lucky and you'll roll off that bed onto my tail in your sleep." He muttered. He walked over to the bed he had been dismantling, stacking the pieces in an obscure corner of the room, out of the way. This is only going to be more annoying once the other one shows up. I swear if they start ganging up on me I'll throw them through the window. After I clip his wings of course... He thought to himself, before setting down where his bed had been. From the bag he had brought from his home he produced a ancient tome, the leather binding cracked and dusty, with the runes of a book of magic clear visible on the covers, and cracked its pages to where he had left off. "No please stay calm so I can read. Unless that egg starts hatching." He didn't have class in the morning, but he still wanted to keep up with studies, so he was planning for Wednesday.

(Holy censorkip.gif I just realized how awkward it's going to be to find a way for this guy to sleep, comfortably.

Speaking of classes, might I request to teach the cooking class? I'm going to college for culinary and would like to see if I could pull it off.)

~~~

Austin sighed even harder, and reached up to the dragon. The hatchling released his face without a fight, staring at Kira. "Special? Special how? I've just hatched how can you know how awesome I am." It puffed, purple flames spewing lightly from its mouth with each word. Austin grinned slightly, not sure if the dragon was being sarcastic or serious. Either way he had his hands full. He set the hatchling down on the table and cut off a piece of his burger, offering it to his new companion before taking part of his own enjoyment of the dripping burger, groaning in delight. It had been a while since he had tasted a burger, and these were damned good ones. Almost sinfully delicious. He was a bit distracted, trying to come up with a name. It was only made more dificult by the fact that he was sure if it was a boy or a girl... where had he heard that before...

(LAUGH AT MY CRAPPY PUNS!

On a side note I played LoL with Nick last night, and virtually met some of his buddies. He was right in warning us not to say anything about the RP, they'd destroy it o.o)

((AND I WASN'T INVITED. I sent you a friend invite Drake tongue.gif I'm Ëevee

On the note of LoL, I played ARAM this morning. Janna really is OP. A built Olaf ran me down. I used tornado, he kept comin, used heal, he kept comin, used barrier, he kept comin, used another tornado + shield, he kept comin, and then I used my ult and I lived biggrin.gif.

Later I just sat there while he wailed on me. Apparently Janna's heal out does his damage because he didn't even dent me xd.png why do these instances inspire everyone on the other team to suddenly Leroy Jenkins at you at every moment after?))

Kira clicked her teeth together silently at the hatchling's response. She was tempted to respond 'mentally handicapped' but refrained as it was Austin's hatchling. "If you're thinking of names, you may want to check the undercarriage fist" she said idly, stuffing a piece of beef in her mouth. Chobit joined her, snatching food from her plate. Chobit didn't have anything to say on the matter. She didn't have much to say on anything, or at least she didn't voice it. Faize slapped his paws together, "A peppy hatchling might serve you well given your heritage" he mused. As far as he'd heard, demons were short tempered, or at least got annoyed easily.

She snapped up the piece of burger offered to her, then opened her mouth and said, "For your information, missy, I am a lady." She then turned to the ferret and looked him up and down. "As for serving someone, you could serve me quite well, I'm still rather peckish. Deep fried ferret anyone?" with a devilish grin. Austin nearly choked on his burger, holding back a laugh. Well at least she wasn't mental, just... excited... He thought to himself, looking over at Kira to see her reaction to his dragonling. "And further more, I already have a name." She straightened herself up, putting on a proud face. "My name is Artemis." She puffed out a bit more smoke, letting it ooze out her nostrils and from the corners of her mouth.

Edited by DrakeOfBones

(@Drow, a scorpion sleeps like this, maybe you could follow that example for the body and he uses the bed frame to angle his body at a certain degree like a pillow, so his spine doesn't slump too far from the body and keeps his back straight? I think you can get away from it by saying Driders are a newer species probably created by magic with a few biological problems that haven't been evolved out yet.)

(By the way we really gotta figure out where we stand technology wise because I'm confused. I'm guessing if swordplay, magic and archery is so important then guns haven't been invented or they're at their earliest stages, then we mention computers, TV and cars and Lucky's head spins.)

Sin's chest tightened as she heard of him getting bullied. She was full of protective rage, subdued but strong. Sin didn't like to hear of any of her friends getting bullied or pushed around, no matter how long it was since she'd met them. Felic didn't seem like he would be doing anything wrong aside from maybe being different. Where the feelings came from was anyone's guess, Sin had never been through bullying and the few times she'd ever been taunted she not only was able to beat the crap out of whoever was tormenting her, she had three friends who would back her up no matter what the scheme was. She was the leader of the pack, and everyone in it kept a lookout for each other under her silver watch. They would anyway, simply because that was who they became after years of deep friendship. Perhaps it was because she was the most normal out of all of them that she developed a desire to protect them.

Whatever the reasoning, "I'm sorry ya had to go through that. The last time I got jumped by anyone stupid enough to try, it ended with both of them having black eyes, one had a sprained arm and the other had 'Sin was Here' written on his forehead." That lead to another point where she felt her aunt was on her side by some lucky star. She referred to them as 'pretty boys' and made sure they were the ones to get humiliated the most when demonstrating moves during training. Her village had ways of dealing with bullies. And no, she didn't know what headlights were but she got the idea from the context. But movies... she had no idea what he was referring to. The embargo on her country had lasted so long that they hadn't even gotten color cameras. Now that the ban was lifted, anyone who was brave enough to enter the poverty-stricken nation selling vehicles and TVs rarely found customers. In a place where a lot of people couldn't buy food, who would buy a TV? In fact they barely even had electricity yet. Only the very powerful to those of upper-middle-class standings. "Sounds like those twerps don't know how good they got it, and they're so bored they stopped picking their noses and decided to make everyone else miserable. I hate people like that. They take having a little fun with someone too far. There's a line you don't cross and if you cross it, it's not funny anymore."

~~~

Tatsuke nodded reassuringly. "Yes, no one master after one letter. I am still learning all rules of English, I am not angry if not perfect yet." He had already memorized his schedule, the hardest part would be finding the rooms. "Tomorrow I am have one class. Gym. I am not want to, but must have some kind exercise. I am not very strong, sadness."

Tatsuke ripped off a corner of the page they had been using and wrote in bold letters, "DO NOT TOUCH, PLEASE." He placed it on the board that had been pushed to the side and then got up from his seat. He could feel the drowsiness setting in, and that was a very bad thing. He still had studying, taking care of his fox, and a letter to write. "I am thank all for keeping company. But I am busy-busy and have things to do, and is getting late. Must do them before I go sleeping." He bowed respectfully at Tatsuke and Sumar. "I am to see in morning, yes? Same... 'bat time-bat channel?'" The English language had such odd expressions for 'see you later'.

(Tatsuke has to exit stage right for long soliloquy time. That andf I'm also running out of things for him to say. For the past few posts he's just been smiling cutely and showing off. I'm also stuck with him feeling uncomfortable around the two-headed dragonbaby. It's not you Drow, it's Tatsuke :U)

~~

"Yeah well I hope you get a papercut." Choru grumbled and snorted at the Scorrow. Nothing in the word was worse than a bad papercut on your dominant hand. Or, in Choru's case, between his teeth. He stood on the bed, walked around in a circle a few times, then flopped to his stomach. The egg from the bag was moved to his belly, cradled by his tail and hind legs. Like a white dragon surrounding its greatest emerald gem.

Speaking of gems, inside the egg the conscious of the dragon hatchling had awakened. He didn't move yet, but he was fully conscious of everything around him. The voices of two people talking, the warmth he was feeling from the cuddle of the Valravn... the power flowing through him. He liked this new feeling. His tail moved now, swinging gently across his face in the cramped environment. He didn't like how little he could move it, so he put more force into swinging it, and slammed against the eggshell casing. He really didn't like the idea that something was blocking the way now. He wanted to do as he pleased. There was a new feeling. It made his heart beat faster and his muscles tense. It also made him want to destroy what was holding him back. He moved his legs now, lashing both of them out so they pushed hard against the shell. He was barely using any of his strength, but he was still getting results. A noise rang out from his movement, the shell was cracking. He liked the feel of it. But hearing it cracking was enough to sate him for now. His tail quieted and his legs stopped pushing. He shifted slightly before he calmed his thoughts and his heart, allowing himself to 'nap' for a little while longer. His new power could wait for a while.

Choru noticed this, but only watched curiously. Was it hatching? It didn't seem as violent as it should have been. It barely even looked like a struggle. He leaned his head in, sniffing at the shell. It smelled more like a hatchling in a dead shell than an egg. He stopped sniffing when a piece of the shell shot from the top and whacked him in the schnoz. The wolf's head reared away from the shell so his paw could rub at it and remove any eggshell stuck there. He let out a loud sneeze before it was out, and when he turned back to the egg it had stopped moving. Even though there was a crack that ran top to bottom. He had a really bad feeling that the dark magic did something more than heal...

But he wasn't going to let the post end on a dark note. Honestly, what did he expect by healing an egg with dark magic?! A dragon that burst from its shell in a shower of butterflies and rainbows? He was pretty sure he'd totally messed up his parenting responsibilities and the kid wasn't even officially born yet. Could this day get any better?

(If no one's jumping on the role of mentally unstable hatchling, then I'm taking the first honor.)

(I was gonna go with overly aggressive/potentially bipolar or sociapathic for Autumn's, she just hasn't hatched yet.

Also it has five heads (More of a hydra then a dragon I guess? MAybe and eastern dragon hydra hybrid) so this is gonna get interesting.

As for technology, I personally prefer swords and bows to a gun, and I go hunting yearly. However, depending on Nick's preference, we could always just stick with a odd view on the war front and that society never advanced in military technology but we still have some of the more safe advances. Magic pwns all though, so I'd understand that still being important. Just think, *poof* your missile is gone or now flying straight for your capitol.

One last note... THAT SCORPION IS ADORABLE =3)

Edited by DrakeOfBones

(Isn't it? But it's not as cute as a rosy haired tarantula. I wanted one when I was younger but then we found out it would eat my parakeet. Look at this, it's so fuzzy. By the way, don't click the link if you're afraid of spiders. I have friends with Arachnophobia, so yeah. Warning, it's not a fluffy unicorn.)

(In my mind I tend to see the world as kind of a WWII time if magic existed, but without guns. So I think what you described is pretty good. Of course, it's all up to our lords and masters Nick and Sai.)

(Also, yeah. The two sociopath dragon hatchlings are totally going to be competing.)

[[i kind of imagined it as something like Charmed where there's magic in the modern age. However, some creatures/cultures/races might have different advancement stages of technology like our world actually does.]]

(Competing or plotting together? *evil finger pyramid of doom*

I Love Charmed. I have seen every. Single. Episode.)

Edited by DrakeOfBones

(I don't see it as advanced as Charmed because then technology trumps natural effort. Like how drones can just swoop in and kill a hundred people with no sweat. Think of Africa, where there's no room for change at all because you have one warlord who has a machine gun. I think Avatar: Legend of Korra is a good example of how I see the most advanced civilizations. Technology is there and presents an advantage, but can be trumped with careful planning.)

(I watched Charmed until Pru was killed off. I'm told Page is cooler than I first thought she was and I tried to keep watching, but something about her just irked me. I'm not sure why. I should pick it up again, I watched when I was younger.)

(Maybe both, my dear, maybe both. *Shines flashlight under face with an evil smile*)

Edited by Luckyclaw

((Well, actually going off the original Dragon Academy we made like 5 years ago, modern tech like guns exist. They're just not popular choice with magic in the fray))

Kira cocked an eyebrow, "You come up to my knee and I'm immune to fire, short stuff. I could drop kick you across this cafeteria" she asserted. Fazie chuckled until the ferret statement. "This one needs a spray bottle. Bad dragon" his paws folded across his chest. Chobit's head swiveled. She growled at Artemis. Chobit was fond of the little ferret, he did ride her just about everywhere anymore. Kira looked Artemis up and down, "Maybe you should gag this one and throw it out back. Get a new egg before anyone notices" Kira grinned at Austin.

(Doesn't that kind of make swords, arrows and spears useless by the same logic?)

((No because those are the weapons most integrated with magic. Just look at the master sword for gods sakes. It shoots LASERS when hes at full health.))

(Sai you're so nerdy it's adorable! And now I have the idea of like... enchanted guns. Each bullet is now a fireball that hits for 8d6 in a 10 yard radius...)

(Yes I am a DM, thank you for asking =P)

Austin was now struggling not to laugh, biting his lower lip and clenching his fists as he held it in. "Now now ladies, you're both pretty. And no, I think I'll keep her. I like her, she's got spine. She'll be a lot more intimidating full size too." He patted the dragon's head, who nuzzled into him. Artemis then turned back to Kira, and smiled. "He likes me better lady. And you," She poked Chobit with her tail. "I was joking. I'm sure he's much to grisly to be deep fired. Maybe a good braise, let the fats melt." She snapped up more of the burger as she finished talking, then walked over to Kira and plopped into her lap, stretching before curling into a ball and closing her eyes. "Hatching is hard work, that shell was thick... It took me all day!" Austin looked at the bag that hell the shell, groaning. The thing was shattered, and if he wanted to keep the back it was gonna take him ages to get the fragments outta there completely.

~~~

Truce groaned quietly at the paper cut comment, resisting the urge to throw the book at the creature. He stopped and looked over, however, as the scratching began. He watched the egg rocked slowly, then cracked down the side. He laughed aloud as he watched Choru flinch and recoil as a fragment of shell struck his nose, and set his book down. "Well at least that ones got some humor. Serves you right. Maybe you'll get a egg cut there. Speaking of hatchlings, where in the hell are those two." He stood back up, realizing the door was closed, and walked over to it so he could crack it enough for the Bloodscale to slip through.They said they'd be okay, I just hope they know what their doing... He flipped the mattress from the floor to the wall, leaning against it face first. He tucked his claws in, then set his body down and curled his tail against itself. "Make any comment about the position and I'll let the world know you can fly, window first."

((user posted image OH GOD YES. WE COULD HAVE MATERIA MAGIC ENHANCED GUUUUUUUUNS for the people who can't use magic XP))

Kira dulled her eyes at the hatchling, "Not the same kind of 'like', toots" she said, looking to Austin with a wink. Chobit snorted, "Lightweight" she murmured. Chobit had been up and around the second she hatched- not sleeping from exhaustion. Fazie sat down and patted his rump, "Ayup, in fact we do have thick hides so we can bite each other in play without hurting ourselves" he explained. Kira patted the top of Artemis's head as she looked ahead at Austin again, "Guess our main fun happened earlier. Doesn't look like we're getting much else with the kiddies" she sniggered, thinking back to their spar.

(That would be cooler than actual guns.)

(If it was all regular guns then anyone who couldn't use magic would be worthless on a battlefield. It'd be like "TWENTY PEOPLE WITH SWORDS" "Haha man machine gun BRAKKAKAKAKAKAKA" "I HAVE A MAGIC" "CURSES! I am dead." "Why we even hire twenty people with sword. They like Ratatta on route one. We too powerful to even need, they not hold own in battle no moar. Go home." "SAD FACE sad.gif ")

"Egg cut? You almost deserve hell for that pun. Besides, I don't need to comment on your position. Just watch you in the dark and laugh." Choru curled up against his egg again, hoping it didn't start thrashing again in the middle of the night. He had a feeling it would come and go in short bursts, like a human baby who woke up its mother at random hours of the night. He decided when it happened he would make a big deal out of it and wake the scorpion man up just out of spite. Make everyone else around him miserable too.

Edited by Luckyclaw

(Sai, I was going through you deviantart page and then it clicked. Something you said earlier about "liking the name so much" but that you "spelt it different" Just so you know, I hadn't seen the name of your comic yet. Orrrrr didn't remember. =P Just coincidence.)

Austin chuckled a bit, shaking his head. "Kid's will go to bed eventually. I don't sleep much anyways." He took his schedule out of his pocket, and looked it over. "Besides I don't have class till just after eleven tomorrow so I've got a while before I need to do anything involving sleep." He reached over and petted his dragon again, before returning to his burgers hungrily. The hatchling looked over at Chobit and hissed quietly. "Shush you. And Mr. Ferret man that's not what grisly... wait I meant gristly. Fatty, tough, flavorless. Nothing I'd wanna put in, on, or around my mouth."

~~~

Truce rolled his eyes, "Just tell my twins to wake me up and tell me they're back when they get here, okay? And if they aren't back soon wake me too." He grumbled, before drifting off.