TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

Same here. I'm thinking I'll just stop trying, and catch some CB commons instead. I've been able to get two Brines by trading 4 hatchling commons for each. That's much more feasible than me stalking the coast biome every hour only to get frustrated because I still come away empty handed. My internet connection is just not conducive to catching anything remotely desirable to the masses, so I'll have to work with plan B.

I've never ever ever been unable to catch new releases (that I've been around for, anyways). It may have been challenging, but I was always able to catch at least a pair of each, even with 200+ people in the biomes every hour. This time, not a freakin' chance.

I keep saying "When the hype dies down" but shoot, who am I kidding? I still haven't been able to catch as many CB Tsunamis as I wanted from the last new release. tongue.gif

Good luck to everyone still hunting.

Man, that's exactly how my situation's been. I go to nearly every single hourly and usually stalk the 5 minute drops...haven't caught a single one. I don't remember ever having this much difficulty in catching O_O. I did fine in all the other new releases. I traded for one brine with a 3G ice, a CB green hatchling, and a CB red hatchling, which is how I obtained the only one I have at the moment. There are people out there asking for CB metals for their brines, which is scary. I fully believe that they're common, as they drop even more often than tsunamis, which are common. It's just the hoarders. Sometimes when I miss a couple brines, I check who had gotten them. The people who usually DO manage to catch the brines tend to have around 5 of them on their scroll. Sigh.

Hope everyone else has better luck catching these little rascals than me biggrin.gif

synditrix

>_< Typical. I refresh the page and I get to stare at the pretty white screen on my monitor for the drop. Is it so much to ask for a pair of CB Brines? T_T

Well, yeah, I guess it is tongue.gif

I find it strange how i didn't have a single problem snatching up 2 Rancids, but i have the worst problem with the Brines- My browser refuses to load fast enough to get me to the Coastal page and onto the claim egg page fast enough and refreshing or even biome jumping won't work. >_> Which is why i probably won't be getting one until they're abundant. So in other words, i have the same problem with the 'pretty white screen' and pretty much every other problem out there.

I can get Tsunamis fine.

I can get Rancids fine.

But Brines refuse to cooperate with my impatience. Why me?

Can't... catch.... the brines.... OTL

My two rancids hatched. smile.gif A little later than they should of because I was lazy and forgot to add them to fansites. tongue.gif I've got two of those, two musty ones and only one brine. Hopefully I'll get more of those. biggrin.gif I can't wait to see what the musty ones look like, since I'm a big fan of JOTB's dragons. I remember the other two though, so while I'm equally as excited to see them in the cave, I'm not so desperate for TJ's to grow up. tongue.gif

Edit: Just caught a second brine. smile.gif

Edited by StormWizard212

Four "brines," two "rancids," and one "musty." Just need two more of the green ones and I'll be all done.

The brine hatchlings are too cute!

Man, that's exactly how my situation's been. I go to nearly every single hourly and usually stalk the 5 minute drops...haven't caught a single one. I don't remember ever having this much difficulty in catching O_O. I did fine in all the other new releases. I traded for one brine with a 3G ice, a CB green hatchling, and a CB red hatchling, which is how I obtained the only one I have at the moment. There are people out there asking for CB metals for their brines, which is scary. I fully believe that they're common, as they drop even more often than tsunamis, which are common. It's just the hoarders. Sometimes when I miss a couple brines, I check who had gotten them. The people who usually DO manage to catch the brines tend to have around 5 of them on their scroll. Sigh.

Hope everyone else has better luck catching these little rascals than me biggrin.gif

synditrix

I also think brines for cb metals is scary too!

but i do see a 2gen pb metal goes for a brine in the trade thread.

i think people is now using brine to trade rares... dry.gif

Lol, I was gifted a Brine by an angel, did catch a 2nd Musty for a pair, and then filled up on commons at the Coast, so I hope that someone was able to catch a Briney out of that, lol.

Guess I'll check back in 5 hours, puter willing, and try for another new egg - best of luck, all!

i think people is now using brine to trade rares... <_<

That happens every new release. (Also, I'm pretty sure rubyshoes has stated several times in this thread that bashing others' playstyles is a no-no.)

Actually caught a brine... o_o

But the sprite is so lovely they'll almost certainly become forced rares.

i think people is now using brine to trade rares... dry.gif

xd.png for get the Metallics! I've seen people asking for ND on this other site!

Too bad I don't have another Brine, I could go and offer a Brine for a metallic dry.gif

xd.png for get the Metallics! I've seen people asking for ND on this other site!

Too bad I don't have another Brine, I could go and offer a Brine for a metallic dry.gif

It's scary what gets offered for brand new releases.

Need rares?

New release out and everyone wants one?

We have a solution!

For just a week of your time, grab as many new releases as possible and trade them off for the rare you've always wanted! Pain medicine not included. tongue.gif

For just a week of your time, grab as many new releases as possible and trade them off for the rare you've always wanted! Pain medicine not included. tongue.gif

xd.png

That about sums it up for me.

Is is possible for the AP to get egglocked, as in no more eggs can be added to it? O_o

Is is possible for the AP to get egglocked, as in no more eggs can be added to it? O_o

Yes, but it's been disabled for the release... but when it comes back everyone will want to kill themselves.

Yey, one of my musty eggs has a crack right through it 8D once it hatches I can go take a shot at a second brine.

*pets her four rancid hatchies lovingly, and strokes the 3 eggs waiting for hatching carefully*

I dunno. I'd still like a breeding pair of brines, because I always try to get at least 2 of each new release and 1 adult + 1 hatchie of an event release, but I'm about ready to give up and concentrate on the rancid eggs, before they get rared. xd.png

Never going to give up on Brines, I've been waiting more than a year (?) for the sprite to come out...

Here comes another hourly drop and somehow I just know the coastal is gonna make my computer fail me >_<

Yes, but it's been disabled for the release... but when it comes back everyone will want to kill themselves.

...It's possible for the AP to stop accepting new eggs? I've been playing four years and have never once witnessed such a thing. Are you saying that it wouldn't let me abandon an unwanted egg if it was too full? O___o

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

...It's possible for the AP to stop accepting new eggs? I've been playing four years and have never once witnessed such a thing. Are you saying that it wouldn't let me abandon an unwanted egg if it was too full? O___o

No, don't they just get stuck in the backlog? That's what I meant to say.

Basically. Well as far as I know.

Basically. Well as far as I know.

Oh dear. I'll just be hiding somewhere on my scroll when the release is over...

My Musty has their 3rd crack now. I'm confident in leaving them overnight, but not my trade fodder Rancids.

Yes! I was finally able to catch my first brine! laugh.gif

Now I just have to make this miracle happen a second time...