TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

Haha, you can't really blame those of us who think "selfish" of those who have any brine at all, and especially more than 2 laugh.gif . I've got none at all on my second day of hunting and can't help but feel jealous cool.gif

Since I wasn't there for it I was just wondering what exactly happened?

The cave... died, to be frank. No eggs for hours. Not even hourlies. And it didn't show the blocked message. People joked that we reached the end of the cave or the cave went on strike.

Hour 40something of Brine hunting. I return unsuccessful from yet another hunting trip. Reloading guns for the next hour.

We reached the 100th page. whoo.

After I got my first brine (after 7 hours), I've had immense luck with these.

I still recommend Opera with pics and javascript turned off.

It also might help to turn the page style to "no style" (found under view for firefox). I caught my brines after I did that (as well as java script turned off and no pics).

Psh, sleep. What's that? blink.gif

That horrible thing people say we have to do at night! Ooh.

Trade still not accepted. Ah. >.<" I'm getting a little impatient, because now i want to stock up on musties before i go stock up on vampires across the next few months.

im not badmouthing anyone either, but i really am jealous of all those people with 5+ Brine eggs wanting an ND or a CB metal for all their Brines rather than helping those of us who cant get one. they're welcome to play how they want, but yeah, i cant help but feel jealous. this is perhaps the 30th hourly drop ive done and missed every single brine on. i'm using opera browser and have customized gaming computer with cable internet, so really fast internet and browser, but for some reason the brines are just THAT insanely rare. sad.gif

Little scrolling wheel inside mouse also helps, or ctrl+click.

And keep your cursor over the far right, when clicking it's best to open a new tab for each egg, and keep refreshing/clicking no matter what, because if you check you lose chances of getting a brine.

If you can't open tabs fast, don't bother, you lose time like that too.

I might get a screenshot sometime to show what I mean.

Guys, I know it's frustrating to see people trading multiples of the eggs you're trying so hard to catch for something else. But please, for the love of poor rubyshoes, stop talking about it on this thread.

I've got two of each little pretty sitting on my scroll, and that's usually all I get from a new drop (excluding Halloween) until I see how the adults look. I have at least one CB pair of each and I can do blood swap trades for 2nd Gens if any of them turn out to be rare. I'm satisfied with that. If I fall in love with the brine adults, maybe I'll start hoarding them. But I gotta tell you... the little ankle-biter hatchies are really growing on me.

I'm so excited to see the adults!! It shouldn't be long now, either!

Oh, and I don't think I've said this yet, but thank you to all our spriters, mods, and TJ. As always, I look forward to adding these lovely new dragons to my collection!

Little scrolling wheel inside mouse also helps, or ctrl+click.

And keep your cursor over the far right, when clicking it's best to open a new tab for each egg, and keep refreshing/clicking no matter what, because if you check you lose chances of getting a brine.

If you can't open tabs fast, don't bother, you lose time like that too.

I might get a screenshot sometime to show what I mean.

Sounds kinda like what I do. Only I don't actually open the tabs. My computers just slow enough I can make it change it's mind on what page to load, click an egg w/ right click and then immediatly F5 and it never loads the egg page just notes wether I got the egg or not and refreshes the cave for new eggs biggrin.gif

Random note. taking the fact that 2 years pass between s2 and adulthood- according to the general dragon descriptions- (which usually takes mine about a day) each hourly drop in cave is a month to the dragons.

*avoids massive pile of hw to do random useless math problems with the cave*

2 more Brines and I'll be beautifully egg locked with 3 each of the new pretties <3 come on cave! Pretty please?

ohmy.gif Oh. My. Gosh. I just calmed down from jumping around my room and squealing. I just caught my own brine. ^-^ Since I was so kindly gifted one already, I will hopefully now have a CB breeding pair. ^-^ Now I just need to get another Rancid once I'm unlocked, and I'll have two of each. =D

I've got two of each little pretty sitting on my scroll, and that's usually all I get from a new drop (excluding Halloween) until I see how the adults look.  I have at least one CB pair of each and I can do blood swap trades for 2nd Gens if any of them turn out to be rare.  I'm satisfied with that.  If I fall in love with the brine adults, maybe I'll start hoarding them.  But I gotta tell you... the little ankle-biter hatchies are really growing on me.

I'm so excited to see the adults!!  It shouldn't be long now, either!

Yeah, 2 CBs of each new egg is what I usually go for. I'm hoping to get my second Brine sometime tonight.

how do you get gifted? i'm new to the forums (ive been registered for awhile, but havent posted much). is there a special thread where you sign up? i'd like to be put on a list for at least one brine.

There is a thread right here for it.

No brines, but no common miss clicks either smile.gif

Right. Every misclick I get has already been taken by a faster misclicker.

another EPIC FAIL for me xd.png

i'v just intered the 3rd hunting day in my time zone

cant believe i'v been hunting for 3 days lol

Edited by meruru

I haven't had a chance to say thanks to T.J. and the artists for another new release. My internet mostly was out on Wednesday and Thursday, so like most people I've had a very hard time getting the "brines." I don't really mind, though, because as a DC old timer (tomorrow is my 4th anniversary--yay me!) it's nice to have something to do. I did just catch my second brine, so I'm through hunting for a while. I remember these from the Completed list, and I'm happy to see they've made it to the Cave.

Can't wait to see the other two breeds as adults! Keep hunting, everyone. One of these times you will out-click everyone else! biggrin.gif

Yeah, 2 CBs of each new egg is what I usually go for. I'm hoping to get my second Brine sometime tonight.

I go for 4, so if one pair refuses I've got a back-up plan waiting. So far, only two species has given me double refusals, nebulas and something else. If it's something I really like, I'll eventually go for 12 for a nice checker lineage. I'm twitching seeing so many Tsunami's go by because I'd love 12 of those. Once I get my other 2 mustys and sulfurs, I may try to get some of those and shallow waters while the coast is moving fast.

There seem to be more of them dropping after the bug got fixed though. There had been several 5 minute drops with none, then after it got fixed, I saw a full row of brines several times.

Ohno! TJ's hatchlings are sick! sad.gif

Finally got two yellow hatchies, and the greens will hatch tomorrow. Until then I'm scroll-locked. The Briny eggs will have to wait.

Ohno! TJ's hatchlings are sick! sad.gif

Finally got two yellow hatchies, and the greens will hatch tomorrow. Until then I'm scroll-locked. The Briny eggs will have to wait.

His hatchlings always get sick smile.gif and if they die, he brings them back to life.