TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

Was is just me or did there seem to be a LOT more Brines this hour than earlier?

I was worried I wouldn't catch any since I watched two hour drops basically fly right by me and I had no luck whatsoever.

-I tried once more before I went to bed and I managed to catch two Rancids which depending on how the adult looks, I might either trade or only keep those two.

and after that I grabbed all Musty eggs which I know I will adore so I plan on amassing an army (muhahahahaha) and if I can (i doubt it) I'm going to attempt to grab some brines once these hatch.

-here's to hoping

and good luck to all.

Well, are almost to know how they look like as adults and I finally managed to get a pair of each! I feel like if I couldn't wait but will do it anyway, out of a killer curiosity!

Was is just me or did there seem to be a LOT more Brines this hour than earlier?

shh, that's a good thing...

I finally caught another Brine on the last hr drop.... smile.gif

Has the drop ended yet?

It won't end. This is a permanent dropping! They will only drop as the other eggs do, --hourly and every 5 minutes.

Edited by FengShien

Still don't have a Brinie, but I decided to try naming my little Rancids. I now have Tim Armstrong, Matt Freeman and Lars Frederiksen on my scroll! xd.png

They'll probably gender wrong, and the breed name will have nothing to do with Rancid, but I love the sleepy yellow hatchies!

It won't end. This is a permanent dropping! They will only drop as the other eggs do, --hourly and every 5 minutes.

I meant, are they rare or whatever already.

Yay, my brine hatched! I called her 'Beak'. XD The word sounds rather masculine though, so I'll probably give it to a male brine given I obtain a second. I have Pretty Birdie on reserve, which I think will be pretty reliable. ;3

ETA:

They'll probably gender wrong, and the breed name will have nothing to do with Rancid, but I love the sleepy yellow hatchies!

They're darlings, aren't they! I'm still trying to work out whether I remember them or not. xP Sleepy state is always a winner for hatchies - I mean... sleeping royal blues. ;u;

Edited by Varekis

Ok guys, I'll say this again...

Brines are supposed to be common from memory. But because people want them so much, their 'value' will temporarily sky rocket.

Edited by DarkEternity

My brines hatch in 4 hours and than I will continue my endless quest to get more of all the preeettyyy eggies

Edited by boscodelta

I meant, are they rare or whatever already.

Well, the are not that rare. I is just that most people noticed the release by this time and they all want to get them, I suppose biggrin.gif Maybe that's why it feels like they go away fast.

Edited by FengShien

Brines are supposed to be common from memory. But because people want them so much, their 'value' will temporarily sky rocket.

Official rarity status doesn't really matter anyway. It all comes down to the public perceived rarity, imo.

Official rarity status doesn't really matter anyway. It all comes down to the public perceived rarity, imo.

Yes, but it does depend on how much value they retain after the initial drop. You'll see things like Pillows, they started out highly desirable, and now they are just slightly desirable.

Out of all the new releases, the only two which have truly retained their 'value' are CB Gold Wyverns and CB Nebulae. But ultimately, they are still just small change.

Edited by DarkEternity

Do eggs in the AP lose time as well? Or is just because more people are dropping them off, and the AP is trying to get rid of the lower timed ones first?

Do eggs in the AP lose time as well? Or is just because more people are dropping them off, and the AP is trying to get rid of the lower timed ones first?

AP tries to get rid of low times first. The only time this pattern breaks is on Holidays; the holidays are pushed forward first.

Oh this is gonna be a nightmare after this is over. The AP will be stocked for days. O_O

Oh this is gonna be a nightmare after this is over. The AP will be stocked for days. O_O

The longest lock I remember was about 5 days long from memory. It won't be more than three days, I assure you. But it'll be a pain waiting that long to hunt brines... oh yes....

Edited by DarkEternity

The longest lock I remember was about 5 days long from memory. It won't be more than three days, I assure you.

Oh good. Thank you for all your help and answers. tongue.gif

So, new release tips...

Christmas, valentines holidays, no need to panic. It's always easy to grab them, grab them any time you can, the caves will be blocked full of XMases.

Halloween holidays, panic time. But they are mass dropped so there are no commons in the mix. But everyone is so quick at grabbing them that it can take a few hours to get locked. Some people are always unable to get any. Depends on your internet connection, your willingness to sign up for thread, your friend connections and your trading power.

New releases (common) -> to put it nicely, if you are like me and missed the initial drop, the more popular the eggs, the more difficult they are to grab. If they are highly desired like the Gold Wyverns or Nebulae or Brines (I don't expect Brines to be super rare and they likely won't be as valuable as Gold Wyverns), you are basically doomed... but you can always trade for them/catch them later though it will be more difficult. By initial drop I mean the first few hours of the RELEASE where they are mass dropping; no chance of misclicking.

I don't think so.

Now there's not many brines on DC,so you'll see many of them.But when the number of brines increases,you won't see as many as you see now.

I think the brine is more like uncommon.

The problem is that they are in the coast.There are too many super common egg there.If there are not so many people as now,you have to wait some time before someone gets one of the common eggs.

Tsunami is a good example.It is very common,but it's not easy to get one when you need it.

Edited by Mercury