TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

I was gonna get all cranky about failing at these shiny new eggs but... WTF LEETLE TREE! So yay for new eggs and oops clicks! biggrin.gif

Congrats on grabbing it! That's a great spazz-click! laugh.gif

As an interesting point, I've always felt that what's "not right" is making uninformed judgements about other human beings, right to their faces. I have four brines on my scroll right now. I've caught roughly a dozen more. That makes me the person to whom you refer. So please take a good long look at me, ask yourself how I might have felt while reading your post, and then maybe wonder... what happened to those other twelve brines?

Just sayin'. wink.gif

EDIT: Has anyone figured out the probable "official" names for these new babies yet? I'm still betting on brimstone for the rancid ones, but can't think of what the other two might be... (although I'll probably call the musty ones "ankle-biters" for the rest of time)

I personally feel a person can have as many of a dragon species as they wish, That's all part of the fun of the game. I collect types I like, look at my scroll its pretty obvious which i like the most. I just wish I could get a few of these little beauties for myself already, if my rl didnt have me so busy I would be having enough time to get and stay scroll locked myself tongue.gif

Besides, in a couple weeks or so they will be much easier to catch So Im not worried just ticked off at myself for not checking for a drop that nite they came out I was up watching tv and coulda woulda shoulda checked before I went to bed ~kicks self~

this sucks my internet isent as good as some other peoples and I always miss out on eggs T.T but I guess thats what I get for living in the middle of the dessert xd.png

I don't think I'm gonna get a brine though there becoming pretty rare and highly prized!

Yeah I'm a hypocrite to what I said though xd.png

I just feel bad for those that have yet to get a Brine

Ugh, me too! I really wish they'd dropped solid for longer, before mixing in with commons. If I had a magic egg-creation wand, I'd wave it all over the cave today until every open hand was full of brines.

Failing that, though, at least I can keep ninja-dropping them in random laps. ninja.gif

IF my browser starts cooperating. Wow. Taking less and less F5s for it to crash out on the cave now. If nobody else is seeing this, I think I'll just reinstall IE before the next hourly drop, and hope that solves the problem.

Anyway, *HUGS* and I hope this next drop fills your scroll with faintly aromatic eggs. biggrin.gif

Ugh, me too! I really wish they'd dropped solid for longer, before mixing in with commons. If I had a magic egg-creation wand, I'd wave it all over the cave today until every open hand was full of brines.

Failing that, though, at least I can keep ninja-dropping them in random laps. ninja.gif

IF my browser starts cooperating. Wow. Taking less and less F5s for it to crash out on the cave now. If nobody else is seeing this, I think I'll just reinstall IE before the next hourly drop, and hope that solves the problem.

Anyway, *HUGS* and I hope this next drop fills your scroll with faintly aromatic eggs. biggrin.gif

try installing chrome its easier to use than IE

Strangest thing ever.............. I clicked and got a rancid but when I went to my scroll I had 2 not 1 new one i had 2 so now i have 3 rancid Eggies

Had a Brine hatch, so I caught another Musty biggrin.gif Two more eggs should hatch very soon and another in 3 hrs. *goes back to twiddling thumbs*

Oh man are these hard to snag! I've just the one.

ETA: and it's not a Brine

Edited by Ayelldee

As an interesting point, I've always felt that what's "not right" is making uninformed judgements about other human beings, right to their faces.  I have four brines on my scroll right now.  I've caught roughly a dozen more.  That makes me the person to whom you refer.  So please take a good long look at me, ask yourself how I might have felt while reading your post, and then maybe wonder... what happened to those other twelve brines?

Just sayin'.  wink.gif

EDIT:  Has anyone figured out the probable "official" names for these new babies yet?  I'm still betting on brimstone for the rancid ones, but can't think of what the other two might be... (although I'll probably call the musty ones "ankle-biters" for the rest of time)

I'm not sure what you did with those extra 12, but you still caught eggs and prevented other people from catching them. Did you give them to friends? People who claimed they couldn't catch anything? People like me, who haven't been able to catch any, don't appreciate competing with whoever it is you were catching so many for. You may have helped whoever it was, but you also robbed the chance of catching a Brine for a minimum of 12 people. I might be one of them, since I was spending an inordinate amount of time attempting to catch them since I'm home sick.

So, not to rain down on your little "feeling proud of myself" parade, but thanks. Maybe one or two of my brine eggs is on whatever scroll you decided to bestow those extras onto.

Just sayin'. dry.gif

Edited by mooniechan

Has anyone figured out the probable "official" names for these new babies yet? I'm still betting on brimstone for the rancid ones, but can't think of what the other two might be... (although I'll probably call the musty ones "ankle-biters" for the rest of time)

Here i am calling those musties musties, and probably 1 or 2 years later i'll be calling them a similar name- Ankle murderers. I've got no idea for the official name, but i'm giving a wild guess out there, either rotting leaf or ankle attacker. I THINK the yellow ones were Brimstones too, but it's been since virtually forever that i've looked at the completed list. The brines? My mind is done here. I don't know nor can i guess. I can't 'figure' it out but i can give the stupidest guesses of all.

EDIT:  Has anyone figured out the probable "official" names for these new babies yet?  I'm still betting on brimstone for the rancid ones, but can't think of what the other two might be... (although I'll probably call the musty ones "ankle-biters" for the rest of time)

So I'm not the only one who thinks the Rancids might be sulpher-related.

The Musties are placed between Ochredrake and Paper, so I have no idea. I like "Ankle-biter," though (too bad that name was taken *pouts*). According to the Wiki, the Brines' name has seven letters and starts with "Bl." I don't know how that was confirmed.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I always think of rancid as something that has 'turned' or gone bad, especially oil or fat based products. Combined with the color and shape I can't help but think butter, but then the whole charcoal and ashes thing makes that seem unlikely. I'm so confused, lol.

I'm not sure what you did with those extra 12, but you still caught eggs and prevented other people from catching them. Did you give them to friends? People who claimed they couldn't catch anything? People like me, who haven't been able to catch any, don't appreciate competing with whoever it is you were catching so many for. You may have helped whoever it was, but you also robbed the chance of catching a Brine for a minimum of 12 people. I might be one of them, since I was spending an inordinate amount of time attempting to catch them since I'm home sick.

So, not to rain down on your little "feeling proud of myself" parade, but thanks. Maybe one or two of my brine eggs is on whatever scroll you decided to bestow those extras onto.

Just sayin'.  dry.gif

Or they prevented people who would've caught them and not shared at all from getting them. You can't know, so you can't judge. I imagine if she was gifting them it was to people she knew full well didn't have any, whereas if she'd not bothered there's a much higher chance those eggs would've been picked up by people with fast connections who already have some and plan to keep more instead of people like you who have none. XP

Not to mention that this is a game. If she chooses to play by grabbing and gifting, that's her choice, and it's neither right nor wrong.

I do feel bad for those who can't catch any (I was stuck on horrible internet for the first day of the release, so I suffered with you guys ;___; ), but I feel a lot worse for those who are still quietly, diligently trying than for those who are also using their time to accuse others of being jerks or whatever.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

'We broke the cave' sounds so wrong... Hate to say it, but it does. xd.png

I haven't had any luck with the Brines, just the musties and rancids. But the thought of the brines becoming common makes me have hope.

I've only managed 1 Musky and 1 Rancid egg. Unable to get a second of either...and Brines are virtually impossible to catch.

Hence why the 'Cave Born Trading' thread on the Trading board has been ridiculous.

Just sayin'. dry.gif

Ooo! I get a "proud of myself" parade? ohmy.gif Grab some pom-poms, then, 'cause I'm so awesome, we're going to need flower-covered floats, grandstands, two beauty queens, three drag queens, the queen of England in a '57 Chevy, the local high school marching band, and a giant helium balloon depicting my enormous evil head! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Alternately, maybe I was just trying to make a point about how casual forum comments can hurt the feelings of other players. wink.gif But I like this parade idea.

Drop time again; good luck, everyone!

Or they prevented people who would've caught them and not shared at all from getting them. You can't know, so you can't judge. I imagine if she was gifting them it was to people she knew full well didn't have any, whereas if she'd not bothered there's a much higher chance those eggs would've been picked up by people with fast connections who already have some and plan to keep more instead of people like you who have none. XP

Not to mention that this is a game. If she chooses to play by grabbing and gifting, that's her choice, and it's neither right nor wrong.

I do feel bad for those who can't catch any (I was stuck on horrible internet for the first day of the release, so I suffered with you guys ;___; ), but I feel a lot worse for those who are still quietly, diligently trying than for those who are also using their time to accuse others of being jerks or whatever.

Yes, there are any number of scenarios, and I wasn't trying to cover them all in my original post. I was simply trying to offer a point of view that takes away from the purely positive way she portrayed herself. Not everyone sees what she did as a positive thing. I feel as if 12 chances of getting brine eggs was taken from me, and it's no fun feeling as if you can't get any eggs unless you're lucky enough to be friends with high profile players. I won't apologize for that.

And I have been diligently, quietly trying to catch them myself since the hour of their release without a single complaint. At some point I decided I wouldn't get to have any eggs at all if I kept that up, so I loaded up on whatever eggs I could catch, new release or otherwise, and let it go for a couple days--both to let these eggs hatch and to have a life and a break. Those have hatched, so I tried another long, quiet, diligent round of trying to get brine eggs to no avail. I egg-lock myself with things other than brine eggs, come here, and see this self-righteous post of Evilminion's. You know the rest.

But thanks for suggesting I'm using my time unwisely, to accuse people of being jerks. That's awesome. This is yet another disappointing foray into the forum that I regret making.

Man, I suck at this. Still no Brine-egg. xd.png

Well, got me a second Rancid one and hoping for more luck tomorrow when I won't be egg-locked anymore~

Bleh, I finally understand what people mean when they say they "refreshed over their click" since I did that like three times just now. >_> (I usually do ctrl + click but now I just click.)

I misclicked a Lumina which I'm not keeping. :<

i've got 2 Rancid, 1 Musty and finally able to snag 2 Brine. all i need is another Musty and i'll be set for this release laugh.gif

cna't wait to see what the adults look like. i bet the Brins are very pretty; but i'm most interested in the Rancid adults cause of the color.

Point is that this is a game, so if someone decides to hord the eggs and then gift them out, who are you to they are wrong?

It's like saying it's unfair someone brought 100 lottery tickets when you only have one.

All I am saying is that I feel bad for the people that don't have even ONE brine. Everyone is getting frustrated with it because so many people are in the coast and even fewer Brines are dropping now. I got ONE Brine and that's all I want right now, until the hype is over and done I'm letting others take a shot at getting a Brine before I go back and grab more for myself.

awh pooh, why must there always be drama with new releases, I just don't get it :/ I've been trying to catch those brines for hours but obviously with no success at all so I traded for some biggrin.gif And finally when the hype cools down, everybody will get one, I am positive <3