TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

I'm not sure what you did with those extra 12, but you still caught eggs and prevented other people from catching them. Did you give them to friends? People who claimed they couldn't catch anything? People like me, who haven't been able to catch any, don't appreciate competing with whoever it is you were catching so many for. You may have helped whoever it was, but you also robbed the chance of catching a Brine for a minimum of 12 people. I might be one of them, since I was spending an inordinate amount of time attempting to catch them since I'm home sick.

So, not to rain down on your little "feeling proud of myself" parade, but thanks. Maybe one or two of my brine eggs is on whatever scroll you decided to bestow those extras onto.

Just sayin'. 

I can't believe I just read this. One, nobody is 'preventing' you, or anyone else, from catching these eggs. Your computer is, or your connection, but no one here, that's for sure. Nobody 'robbed' you of squat. dry.gif

I have 3 Brine eggs on my scroll. One will be a gift for someone else that, like you, hasn't caught any at all. And you need to remember that unless and until TJ puts a limit on how many eggs of any breed people can take, people here have an absolute right to take however many of the eggs they please, and I for one don't resent them for it because that's how this game is set up.

Does it suck that it's so hard to get the Brines? Hell yeah. I get it. But don't blame people on the site for your lack of eggs. That's just a little ridiculous and totally smacks of sour grapes. :/

Weee I got my Rancid eggies I need to influence them now to try for some of the others after I get chores done. was starting to wonder if id ever catch a egg ever again haha

I'm not sure what you did with those extra 12, but you still caught eggs and prevented other people from catching them. Did you give them to friends? People who claimed they couldn't catch anything? People like me, who haven't been able to catch any, don't appreciate competing with whoever it is you were catching so many for. You may have helped whoever it was, but you also robbed the chance of catching a Brine for a minimum of 12 people. I might be one of them, since I was spending an inordinate amount of time attempting to catch them since I'm home sick.

So, not to rain down on your little "feeling proud of myself" parade, but thanks. Maybe one or two of my brine eggs is on whatever scroll you decided to bestow those extras onto.

Just sayin'. dry.gif

Hi there

Keep your chin up and keep trying. In a couple days when the brines are able to be bred, people (including myself) will be more than happy to gift you one. smile.gif

You can also sign up for a new release at the New Release Gifting Thread:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=131212

Good luck!

-Lei

Gah, my Internet's been down since this morning, only just got back.

Now most of my eggs have hatched and I have to join the second rush to get more brines, later than I'd planned on doing.

Blah, blah, blah...maybe I'll just catch some musties and rancids to trade for brines, that was working yesterday.

I want a CB Brine. I hate 2nd gens. 8|. I'll catch or trade for one.

I got two of the dark green ones, they look cute.

Will probably make them one of each for lineages and whatnot.

I got two of the dark green ones, they look cute.

Will probably make them one of each for lineages and whatnot.

Musties, yay~ Have one of those.

>_< Look what I've started. Both of you guys please stop fighting. Evilmin. isn't hording them all for herself I quote;

Failing that, though, at least I can keep ninja-dropping them in random laps. ninja.gif

So maybe she has a dozen but at least it seems she's gifting them to the unlucky ones.

Yeah, I understand it sucks for everyone thats been on here since the hype started and still have yet to get a Brine. I wasn't insulting people like Evilmin. who sounds like she's gifting them. I referring to the people that are grabbing all the Brines and keeping them for themselves.

Yeah, yeah, here we go with "it's their choice" comments. I don't really care, as I have a Brine. I'm just putting myself in the peoples place that don't have one and how they probably view this.

Just sayin'.  dry.gif

I'm really sorry you feel that way....but I've seen people complain that not enough people with fast connections were catching for others during this release, too. I think it's nice of people to catch and gift (a lot of people do it randomly, not just for their friends). I'm sorry you feel deprived though.

Honestly, I think all the resentment and hard feelings aren't so much about how other people choose to play the game, but are a measure of frustration that this breed seems to be so elusive.

As others have said, hang in there, keep trying, and remember that people who are trying to help out aren't intentionally hurting anyone. Just the opposite.

(Putting my 2 cents in because I've been a catcher/gifter on other releases, but not this one.)

And good luck to everyone!

Edited by inlaterdays

Wasn't the yellow one the dragon sprited because we don't have any yellow dragons? I think I've seen it before, but I'm not sure.

Edit: rancid=rotten eggs=sulphur?

Edited by Shadowdrake

I need no brines. I'll be happy if I just manage to get some more rancids and musties. biggrin.gif

Nice new release, but bad timing on my part. My computer died and I am on an old pentium. Still trying to catch a brine. I traded for one with a messy 5th gen gold, got lucky with that trade. Now I see how hard it is for those with slow connections or really old computers....My heart goes out to all of you sad.gif

Even trading for them is hard.

Maybe it would be easier if there weren't so many commons in between? Had so many misclicks it's insane! tongue.gif

Whenever people gather in any venue, for any reason, there will be differences of opinion. Especially if there's stress involved, and doubly so if there's a lack of clarity around something said regarding that stress. For the record, all jokes aside, I actually was only trying to make a lighthearted point about all forum readers being people with feelings. Ironic that the way I phrased it caused even more hard feelings, and I apologize from the bottom of my heart for that.

We're all here because we enjoy the game, even when it's being glitchy or frustrating. So let's just each play it the way we like the most, and help each other where we can, and try to remember when things are going badly that it really is just a game -- and that means you can step away until it seems less irritating, then come back and rock it with renewed enthusiasm. smile.gif

Aaaand with that said, I haven't caught a thing all morning, so I think I'll go do laundry and run some errands. Best of luck to everyone, and remember, F5 still works if you're holding down the Ctrl key, so don't bother letting go between clicks!

Just logged on today and discovered new eggs are out! I hate missing the first few days of a new release. Eggs are so much easier to catch during that time than later. So far today I've gotten 2 Musty, 2 Rancid and 1 Brine. I need 2 more Brine. One to keep and one for a friend who is out of town and has no idea a new release is going on! laugh.gif

Good luck everyone! Happy hunting!!

It's so frustratin. Haven't got an single brine yet . Got egg-locked, so it's time to hide my dragons ( since people seem to like to add them to click sites o.O) and try again tomorrow.

By the way how long will there be 5 and hourly drops untill "there's a massiv pile of eggs in abondoned area " pops up?

Awesome! I snagged one more of each egg. smile.gif Now I'm locked again until more hatch and the user I'm gifting a Brine to picks up her egg. Glad I can relax a little now. xd.png

By the way how long will there be 5 and hourly drops untill "there's a massiv pile of eggs in abondoned area " pops up?

TJ probably knows by now how much frustration people are dealing with in getting the eggs, so hopefully he'll have mercy and leave it off a little longer.

Edited by MedievalMystic

There was this random cb magma I accidentally saw in the Volcano

Saw it

Flipped

Did a doubletake and went back

Click

And I actually got it.

Makes me wonder, how much of us are these brines controlling?

I did get another brine, though.

Just a quick note, the fansites are getting bombarded a bit more than usual as people stop by and curiously check out new hatchies. So, mind your dragons if you put them on one.

Bah, I'm calling it a day, the Brines are too sought after to stand a chance of catching one, and I don't even have a slow connection! I'm giving it a couple of weeks and I'll again for the Brines. In the meantime I'll work on the other two new releases.